Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Nov 2007 #2

Shannon I'm so sorry to hear the OHSS kicked in. Seriously, I'll be chasing you more than BG if you don't take care of yourself! I've been there twice, and if it's bad, the hospital really is the best place. I was terrified of them wanting to drain the fluid off, but in the end, just being able to rest with IV fluids and pain relief saw me get better much faster than when I stayed at home... even though we got more eggs and had higher E2 levels this time. BG is a formidable lady to go up against on this one, and you'll have two people chasing you! Besides that, I'm told that OHSS can reduce egg quality, so that could be the reason that you had such poor fertilisation rates. Must be devestating to be hit on both counts. Thinking of you and sending more gentle hugs.

BG, I wish I could answer your questions! I wish your FS would be willing to try letrozole, it works brilliantly for this clomid-resistant woman! I'm sure I've heard of someone else (BecG?) going through a stim process to induce ovulation for a FET, so I'm sure it can be done. Good luck at pinning your FS down to get an answer! All I can say is that my FS insists that pregnancy rates are better with natural FETs. Sending lots of hugs your way, too.

I have had the most absolutely crappy day at work ever! I don't think I've ever gone through a final day of the year at my current school without being given crappy news regarding class allocations and today was no exception. I'm absolutely spitting mad over what I found out today. For 5 years I believed my head of department was behind me... turns out that was only to enable him to shove the knife in my back that much easier! I'd had everything lined up for me to take on the year 12 class next year after putting so much effort into them this year (with no reward and no recognition), only to be told today that I've been taken off the class. They want me to teach ****ing year 4 instead! I'm simply going to refuse. They can put up with me being underload and pay me to sit on my butt and do bugger all for all I care, but I am not teaching primary kids! The worst thing - the reason they gave me for the change - simply because I've been off work for the last month... doesn't matter that it's included a week in hospital and I've got a medical certificate (sometimes two!) to cover every single one of those days. They just can't take the risk of putting a sick person trying to get pregnant onto a senior class! I've been angry, furious, devestated, frustrated... and cried for about 5 hours straight. Even though me being removed from that class due to trying to get pregnant is downright illegal, I just don't think I've got the energy to fight it. Also doesn't help that four of my closest friends and colleagues are also leaving the school - losing so many people on top of all the other stuff just reduced me to nothing.

I've been to acupuncture, and even managed to stop and see DH and get a hug before I came home. Today's gig - a primary school christmas concert. Open air, in a park that I virtually drive past on the way home from acupuncture, so it was an opportunity not to be missed. Feeling a bit calmer now - or I've at least run out of tears at last. My secret santa gift today consisted of a 1kg box of roses chocolates... it's looking mighty appealing right now!

So looking forward to the holidays. Also looking forward to January's FET. If the school is going to assume that I'll disappear as soon as I'm pregnant, then that's damned well what they are going to get! I've put those kids ahead of myself for most of the year - and all I get is a kick in the guts. NO FREAKING MORE!

Excuse the vent... it's been a long, tiring and extremely emotional day.

BW

Hi Girls

Wow, so much happens when you don't get in for a few days!

Shannon - Hunny, I hope you're doing better, I got close to OHSS, but didn't quite get there... enough pain to know that I didn't want to, either!
    Hoping that you get some lovely embies when they thaw after Christmas xxx

BG - I know we spoke the other night, but just wanting to make sure you're doing ok xxx
    Not exactly sure about meds for building up your lining, but I know thats the main reason I started having acupuncture, because my first 2 cycles the lining was nowhere near thick enough.
    It definately works, I am proof
    Have done 2 cycles now with the acupuncture, and there is an incredible difference... The fact that you have a little over a month before you can do anything with the FET is prob a good thing with the acupuncture if you want to give it a go - I went twice weekly for the first two weeks, and then weekly after that as we only had approx 6 weeks from when I started to when I was due to do another cycle.
    FS was sceptical until they did the scan right before EPU and then told me he had to eat his words!!
    His jaw dropped on the floor when he saw my lining on the screen!
    He also got the nurses to write down my therapists number so he could pass it on to other patients with the same problem.
    Might be worth tryying whilst you're in limbo over the next few weeks... and can help you a little with relaxation at the same time xxx

Mel - Oh hun, I am so sorry to hear your news:hugs:
    I wish you all the very best with the natural therapies - I'm a big believer, as I have both experienced and felt the difference after starting.
    I was seeing Antonia for a while, but haven't been down in ages - Melbourne is a long way to travel, and she was in and out of the country... Not sure about the negative stuff you mentioned, but I thought she was great each time I saw her - and her clinic gives off a really positive feel.
    I know her herbs made both DH and I feel fantastic - They're just a little pricey...
    I will prob contact her again after Christmas, though - maybe you should let me know what you know in case I should see someone else??!!!

BW - Sweetie, hugs to you:hugs:
    I just can't offer any advice, but I can say that you should read over the last part of your post as much as you need to - You really have put your students ahead of yourself all year - Its time to put BW and the next caterpillar to be first xxx
    Hoping that you feel better soon xxx

To everyone else I've missed, a big hey!!!

I was supposed to have my appointment with Dr S yesterday, but had to postpone - I think I'm very guilty of trying to do too much at the moment, and I just can't fit it all in!!!
    Between my last week of work for a month, Christmas, and my wedding in 3 weeks, fitting in an appointment with a new FS was probably a littlemuch to do, but hey!!!

I said I would call and re schedule soon - Have to be in Sydney next Thursday, so you never know!! He! He!
    No, should prob wait until after the wedding when I'm on holidays anyway.. we'll see how patient I am, though!

Hope everyone is wonderful
    xxx

thanks for the ap suggestion Holly - my problem is that, because i have no cycle at all, i need to have some for of hormone replacement to build a lining anyway - otherwise i'm not going to have one - so the questions become - which form??? i think i'm actually not too worried about having some time out for the next month or so - it will be a better mindset going back to wok if i have nothing else hanging over my head - give myself a chance to clear my head, and get used to DH's work situation before we leap into anything else...

the ONLY person i'd trust locally as an AP is also my chiro - he is closing next Friday til the 14th of Jan - so will talk to him after that about what he might be able to help with.

ann Guest

What crappy stuff has been happening around here lately!

It really does suck big time.
    Please dont wait for any good news from me. I have BT on Monday, I do not feel the least bit "positive".

Pitapata, I hope you have a wonderful trip and a great christmas.
    Well hopefully will catch up a bit later.

Ann

i'm crossing everything i can possibly cross for you ann

Hi Everyone
    Sorry I haven't been around much...and so sorry to hear all that's going on...things will get better...they have to...2008 will be our year...we have to keep believing we are getting closer to our dream...just the steps are so small it seems like we're all standing still...big hugs xxx

ann Guest

I know it is early for me to be up. Woke this morning with the worst headache. Took some panadol at 5.00am and was unable to go back to sleep. So have put on the washing, cleaned up a bit before going out do some last minute chrissy shopping.
    What a s*itty day I had yesterday! Woke up feeling s*hitty. Was going to run out of pessaries, thought bugger it I'm not pg so I'll leave it. DH said he would drive to Lismore to get another 6 of them (just over an hour away). What a waste of bloody time I thought. While I was at work he rang the nurse coordinator concerned that I was freaking out. He did go to Lismore to get the pessaries. Now I feel bad that I went off at him yestersday. (what a luv he is).
    To make it worse I am so bloated, all my pants feel tight and uncomfortable, boobies hurt - on and off. I know it is due to the pessaries 3 x a day. I know I am rambling on a bit. But I cant handle this bloody waiting. Nurse told hubby yesterday that a HPT may not show anything until late Sun afternoon or even till Mon morning. Well I cant wait that long. Not that I'm expecting anything at all, I dont know if I want to find out, any thing is better than hearing those words I have heard all too often from the clinic "I'm sorry but your not pregnant".
    Oh well, I hope everyone else is going to have a better day today. Will catch up later today.
    Luv as always
    Ann

Ann, hun... Sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts & wishes xxx :hugs:
    Every time we seem to do one more cycle, we seem to need to dig that little bit deeper to find the faith.
    Sending you the HUGEST shovel I can find to help the digging a little bit easier for you xxx

Not long to go now for you - I always get the HPT (even if they say it may not show up)... Because its my body, I feel like I deserve to know before some nurse at a clinic doing her job does... and then she tells me.
    Just makes me feel like I've got a little bit of control over the situation.
    Your hubby is wonderful - keep taking those pessaries until you are 300% positive you don't need to - You would never forgive yourself if you were pg and you stopped taking them now.

Many, many hugs and much, much strength to you for the next few days xxx
    Last edited by Hollybolly; December 15th, 2007 at 08:16 AM. Reason: signature!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ann,

Holly said it best when she said

Every time we seem to do one more cycle, we seem to need to dig that little bit deeper to find the faith.
    Sending you the biggest hug, matey. And yea, just do the HPT. Even if it's too early, it's up to you not the nurse.

thinkin of you ann- your AF still isn't here so there still is a chance!! you are still in the game so hold on hun!!!
    nothing new here- same old same ! just waiting to save up the bucks!
    odette

slyder Guest

New thread time, ladies.

And Merry Christmas

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678