Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Dec 2007

You know that you have been doing IVF and assisted for too long when you think it is weird that people can have sex and get pg!!
    LOL
    just my tit bit for the day!
    ho hum back in my box
    odette

Lol Odette.... sex to make babies what a novel concept

yeah right Odette...that's just an urban myth along with bunyips and the loch ness monster!!

Sex causes babies? No way! I just can't believe it!

BW

i can't believe that - it must be a lie!!!

sex = babies???

in what parrallel universe does this happen??

Hi Guys...I'm back! Finally moved....unpacked and sorted the internet connection. DH is still tantruming as we can only get dial up...yikes! Have already checked out the hospital and the path lab...will wait to settle into the new job before jumping into another cycle...but we wil!Hope you're all doing well! Looking forward to all the upcoming FET's and cycles...best wishes for BFP's all round xxx

Hi

Kell - welcome to our humble little thread... I hope your stay is short along with all of us... I know what you mean about not wanting to be here... it is hard to take some days but I have found it does make it easier when you have the support of the wonderful people here at BB.

Hi Shannon - good on you for having the will power to lose that weight. I lost 10kg last year but since moving I have been a bit slack in watching my eating and getting regular exercise, so I have put 4kg back on, so you have inspired me to shake my [email protected] and get out there again! Thanks!

Hi Ellie - good to hear from you. You're still in WA then but moved to a new clinic etc? I have found that that in itself is a bit scarey but also fills me with hope as my new FS has talked about different protocols etc that my old FS hadn't mentioned. Maybe the move will be just what we both needed?

Hi to BG, BW, Melbel, Odette & Megan - I hope you are all well and have some relaxing planned for the long weekend!

For us there is not a whole lot going on. We were planning on a long weekend away with some friends at the coast but I just picked DF up from the airport (he does a lot of travel for work) and he has picked up a bad dose of food poisoning and has been sick since about 3am this morning! Poor thing - he looks very pale and has aches all over his body, especially his legs and is running a temp. I think he has a fever coming on so will have to watch him tonight and then take him to the dr in the morning. So, it looks like our weekend away will not be happening

And I also got a message that our appointment with the new FS has been delayed to next Friday now... hopefully AF doesn't decide to come early this month!

Anyway, take care everybody and best wishes for some BFPs, maybe even from the natural variety which is apparently caused by having sex! My BF, who I was bridesmaid for last year, fell pg naturally while on a break between IVF cycles - she's 40 as well - so it can happen!
    Cheryl

Hello Ladies

Ellie - Welcome back hun, congrats on the move and comiserations on the dial up... hehe, your poor DH!

Chez - Wow 10kg is fantastic! And im glad i can be motivating Ahh and stay away AF just for a few days! Good luck with the FS.

Hope everything is going well with BG, BW, Mel, Odette, Kell & Ann.

Well i know i have a slight vent.. i went to fat club on wed and sat where we usually do, and yes i may have already have been agitated at only losing 300g when i had been sooooo good! Anyway... this couple and another lady friend came and parked us in with their prams and blocked the doorway. One sat next to me holding a baby and two directly behing me holding their twins... and drove me & DH insane. I sure you can imagine.. chatting the whole time and one of the ladies was SOOOOO annoying and yelled the whole time and then had the gall to have a go at me and DH for trying to leave but couldn't get throught the doorway with 3 prams blocking it!! Ok i know probably a huge over reaction on my behalf but arghhh.

Ok shut up Shannnon! Also CD35 here and starting to get a little frustrated!

Positive Shannon will be back next time! Sorry for the bleeding ears!

Shan

Hi Shannon

Go ahead and vent! Storing it up is so negative and really, really bad for us TTC'ers... especially when we have had stress in recent times with work, failed or cancelled cycles, etc. But I understand what you mean - it should be so easy to be happy for others with their babies. Some days I go gooey looking at the babies and can't help but smile at them and other days it is like the green eyed monster has possessed me and all I can think about is "Why not us? Why can't it be just as easy for us?" I just usually end up in a bundle of tears, which can be quite inconvenient in the middle of a shopping centre!

So, take heart. WE understand! And hopefully this year we will all get the good news that we so desparately want! The changes you have made with your job, enjoying a healthier lifestyle and destressing can only improve your chances.

Take care of yourself this weekend - maybe there is even room for a little treat for having done so well with your weight loss, like a trip to the movies or manicure or a massage?

Cherylxx

Hi all just popping in to see how everyone is tracking.

BW - i have been reading your news and although I'm not checking on or posting much at the moment, i am thinking of you, these results are the hardest to cope with. I hope you take that break you mentioned and start to get the answers you need when you are feeling stronger.

BG - i hope you are OK? you have been a strength for many people in her (myself included!) make sure your taking some of that time for you. I cant believe your going on the pill? i didn't think mac wanted to do that cycle with you due to how you responded with IUI?

Cheryl- I'm sorry you didn't get to go away - i hope DF is feeling a little better. I'm also sorry to hear that your FS appointment has been delayed - i hate it when that happens.

Ellie - good to have you back on line. sorry about the dial up though!!

Megan - how you hun?

Melbel - shame you couldn't come up to Sydney with me - i could use a distraction while on the plane as I'm not the best flyer either - esp in those little planes - give me a jumbo any day !!

Holly - not long now - hehe looking forward to meeting you, not looking forward to my appointment. still if i get any of the answers for the 1000000 questions I'm just about to put down on paper i will be happy - although i have this terrible feeling that it will all worth nothing and then i will be back where i started!

Shan- Vent away hun - i have many of those days - but then i do work in childcare. CD35 - i'm hearing ya on that too. unless im preparing for a cycle (FET) i don't even track where I'm at with my cycle - i do still write down when af arrives and leaves but don't start counting the days - it can be too depressing when you start heading up to the 60's IYKWIM? At least i know i'm seeing DR S on CD23 to have the tests done - other than that i never know where I'm at and that helps me to not focus on it so much. but everyone has there own system

OD - gosh i think about two years ago when most of my friends started having babies i started to think - and they just had sex?? i guess the sad part about my IVF journey is the fact that i been left so scared by it all its really hard for me to now get close to my DH. that and the fact that its just too painful now. from all the scar tissue it even hurt to walk and carry objects at the same time yet alone sit down too quickly - when will it end? And when i talk about it with DH he gets really angry as though I'm making it up? but then other times he so supportive.

OK signing off now to put pen to paper with all the questions i have for DR S, then off to the shops to buy a gas cook top, already got the oven - gosh cant wait to get this kitchen done - hopefully before uni starts

PP, thank you. There's been a lot of thinking and planning going on in the last few days... I'm definitely going to sit out this cycle, that's about the only thing I am definite on! I know there needs to be some adjustment before we do this again, but not sure exactly what! Debating going back to see my FS or Dr S or both or none and listen to my gut feelings on everything first! Either way, I'm ditching the prednisone completely for a while and losing some weight before anything else happens.

I'm sure that you'll find Dr S amazing and wonderful, and I really hope that you get the answers you need and a plan for moving ahead. Same for you, Holly! He really is an amazing man.

Hope everyone is well... I've been a bit reclusive during the TWW, so I'm a little out of touch with a lot of you.

BW

thanks for checking up on me Lou - not a lot happening here - Mac put me on the pill so that he could "force" a withdrawal bleed when they need it so that i have a lining built up for FET. ummmm, sure, not a problem - except they're stopping the pill 22 days before FET - does that sound normal??

the pill and i haven't really been friends. have had a fair bit of diziness, which i can cope with. had an "episode" last week that scared the crap out of me - mass visual disturbances, followed but loss of sensation in one hand - scary stuff. the doctors are tossing up the idea of a headache-free migraine - or a small stroke! talk about scared outta my mind! i guess that's why i've been flying below the radar a bit!

seen GP and chiro when it happened (making sure no impinged nerves etc) - and have optometrist appointment next week. covering all my bases. spoke to the nurse at the clinic - her advice "well, if it happens again, we'll call the FS and see if he wants you to stop the pill". ummmmmmmmm NO!! if it happens again, i WILL be stopping the pill - and you can sort your ***** out around me! i'm sure there are other ways to bring on a bleed!

Oh BG - my love how awful. This is going to sound really strange but something similar has been happening to me over the last few weeks.

i went to my gp with regards to black spots in my vision and feelings of dizziness. he told me it was properly my inner ear,also suggested the flight to london may have caused this??? now i know this can effect balance ect but i am still a little worried, I've also been getting these sharp pains in my head like some one screaming in my ear - but no ear pain - just above it in my brain!!!Anyway yesterday while trying on a bra in myer i nearly collapsed - scared myself silly

i put it down to several things - im not taking my metformin at the moment, nor am i taking the aspirin. I also only had a small tub of yoghurt in the morning and it was now 4.30 pm so im guessing it was a blood/sugar thing - i has the shakes for over 30 minutes after, lucky i had some dates in my handbag to start munching on.

this is one of the things i will be discussing with DR S

Please look after yourself. i'll be thinking of you xx

Far out BG... I hated the pill because it made me a raving lunatic emotionally (well, more so than normal :P ) but thats just scary. Can they not use primolut aka norethisterone to bring ona bleed like other Drs do? Its what I have used in the past. Sounds rather terrifying tbh. Hope you are okay.

bb - i asked - but the "control" they need isn't there with primulut - i got af anywhere from 7-10 days after stopping primulut - my FS guarantees withdrawal bleed within three days. HA! little does he know my body doesn't like being told what to do - i would LOVE to prove him wrong again!

ahh bugger Hey, you refer to Mac, is that Mac Talbot I saw him for my IUIs, but we then moved during our break from ttc, and are at MIVF for the IVF now. I really liked him, though!

yep.i see mac talbot. he's the only fs that works a clinic out here

Hi ladies - just a quick one from me - this may sound silly but do any of you know if CM is still fertile when cloudy but very stretchy ?, i don't think i have ever seen my CM clear, not that im thinking of bding any time soon, just want to know if my body is getting on the right track! ive always hear that it needs to be EWCM? but can it just stay cloudy? and still be ok? - guess not? but thought i would ask

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast