Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Feb 2008

Hi lovely ladies & Slyder

I have been off line for this week since I was away interstate for work and it seems I have missed out on so much!

Yay for BW - good luck with your FET - I have full confidence that everything will run smoothly and I really hope that this is the successful cycle you have been so deserving of That's a bummer about your router tho', hope DH can get that fixed soon.

Holly - 15 vials of blood - OMG! I think the most I have had is 3 and the nurse spent the whole time apologising for taking so long! I hope you rewarded yourself afterwards

BeiBei - congrats on the great quality eggs today. I think quality is much more important than quantity and I would hope that the nurses wouldn't be saying things like they did just to be nice... I am sure they meant it! Good luck and wishing you a BFP!

Slyder - good luck to you and DW with your FET - transferring 2 is likely where we would go to next as well.

Shannon - that is excellent news about having a transfer before going on holiday. What perfect timing that would be! I hope AF comes to visit you soon so you can get started!

Pitapata - I hope you get your b/t results very soon and that they provide you with lots more information to help you on your journey.

Me, well I am on CD26 today and no sign of AF turning up. Sore BBs have eased off a bit so maybe the BFN was right. I will give it the weekend and if AF doesn't turn up in the next day or two, maybe I will muster the strength to POAS again. Although I am sure I only ever end up with the defective ones because they only ever read BFN

A big hi to anyone else I have missed, I hope all is going well.

Take care all,
    xx

Hi Everyone

THanks for all your messages re the 15 vials!
    BW - I had to fast beforehand, too, so it was a long day of feeling light headed!
    DH cooked me dinner - We had steak, as he decided I could do with the red meat and the iron

BW - Very very best of luck for this one Like Lou said, its often the ones that aren't going according to plan that work out perfectly! I'm hoping this is the case for you xxx

Slyder - Hoping DW is great and you guys are all ready for the FET

Chez - I'm hearing you with the faulty HPT's!!! I deliberately did one after I fell pg with Luke so I knew what one looked like with 2 lines!
    Here's hoping you see those 2 lines over the next few days xxx

BeiBei - remember quality, not quantity hun xxx
    8 is a great number in itself, especially if they told you the quality was excellent. They'll be great xxx

Lou - Hoping your results are coming soon!!! Have to let me know when DH makes a decision about Easter w/end!

Hope that everyone else is great - BG, haven't heard much from you, hoping you're ok hun xxx

i'm ok holly - just reading lots lately and not really posting! being on the Pill just felt like i was in limbo and didn't have much to contribute! stopped that on Wednesday so just waiting on AF now - the FS guaranteed she would be here TODAY - but no sign of her yet - am supposed to be starting HRT tomorrow - AFTER AF starts - but if she hasn't started, i'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do....

ahhh, the joys of an unpredictable body...

Actually, it's really, really amazing just how good I feel about this cycle. The new staff at work and the great classes have me feeling on top of the world. For the first time ever, I'm going into a FET without having been sick between finishing the letrozole and transfer. Yes, there's crazy stuff going on around me, but the usual pre-ovulation freak outs are notably absent. I feel like a whole new BW - let me at that embryo! It's coming home!

BG, :hugs: I won't repeat my suggestions from msn here - you know what I think. I will just say - get in there and give your FS hell! He deserves it after all this!

BeiBei, have you heard about your fertilisation results yet?

Will just say hello to everyone else - the dial up is frustrating me immensely!

BW

BW you sound like a woman on a mission!!
    You go girl
    still a la natural - 27 today and feel a migrane coming on - sure sign AF is ready to rear its ugly head on day 28 like clockwork!!
    i wish i knew why it just wont happen- its soo frustrating!
    thats my whinge
    hang in there everyone else!
    stay sane
    odette

stay sane???? that would imply i was sane to start with!!

still having a shocker tonight - just had a bit of a cry of frustration with DH on the phone - i don't know why AF isn't here - it's just not fair - why can't my body play the game the way it's supposed to! i am regularly thinking now that it's no surprise i cant get or stay pregnant - my body won't even bleed when it should - how the hell can i expect it to do the right thing in getting/staying pregnant!

hmmm, odetter you're not the only one having a whinge tonight!

BG, I hope you're ready to start raising hell in trying to contact someone at your clinic or your FS to find some instructions on what to do today. Hopefully AF will have arrived overnight - never ever starts during the day for me, if she's not there when I wake up, she still won't be when I go to bed.

BW

Hi everyone

Last night must have been the night for it - I had a big tears session as well! Decided to POAS late in the afternoon - of course it was a BFN - I have to expect nothing else! I thought I was handling it ok, but I REALLY thought this time was different - I had had such strange feelings since O. I was ok for a few hours until I went to bed and then DF asked me why I had tested - of course I got grumpy - he should have known why I tested - and consequently I grumped back at him which just made me more upset! He has been wonderful throughout this whole journey and it was wrong of me to react the way I did -gotta love those hormones! Anyway, it is all sorted out now. He hates seeing me upset because he knows he can't fix it... was there some phase of the moon going on last night that caused 3 of us to have such emotional nights??

BW - it is so great to hear you sounding so up and positive! I wish I could have some of your energy right now.

BG - I hope AF hurries up for you and that you manage to get hold of your clinic today to find out what happens next.

Odette - we are on the same CD - except I am normally 26 day girl and now at CD28 and AF, I have no idea what is going on with my body!! I hope your migraine isn't too bad.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend. Will check in later if I can.
    Cherylxx

There must be something up about last night, I was busy crying as well, I don't know where all the frustration and anger were coming from...had a big vent to my mum and we were both crying over the phone...but I have to admit, I feel so much better after a crying session...DH said it must be the hormone drop from the drugs...

BTW, 6 out of 8 eggs were fertilized...

Odette, BG, hope soon your body will kick into gear and do what they suppose to do...

Chez67, hanging in, nothing wrong with testing, isn't that part of our life now? I hope soon you will see 'two lines'...

Bw, I am so glad that you feel fab apart from the 'dial up', way to go lady!

Hope everyone else is enjoying Sunday morning!

x

BB - that is fantastic result 6 is wonderful well done

Hay ladies,

Must have been the new moon???? i too was at home alone and had a very big cry about 2am in the morning!!all AC stuff and just getting t o a point now, wanting to hurry up and get some answers and get started but have no idea how i'm going to approach my FS about it- he doesn't take kindly to patient seeing other FS and i understand that but he needs to understand me !!!

going to the market bbl

seems like last night was just the night for it all! maybe we're all just so in touch with each other that we all fall apart together...

well, still no AF - and a few more tears of frustration this morning - i can't get anyone at my clinic - the answering machine says "if it's a medical emergency, please call your local GP for emergency contact details". i don't class AF being MIA as a medical emergency so not sure what to do. DH and i chatted about it this morning, and we're going to wait an extra day to see what happens. it's not what the clinic want - the ywant me to start HRT today - but if 24 hours makes any difference - well, stiff! the day they're talking about doing my ET isn't the only day they're local that week - so they can do it a day later. i'm not prepared to start the HRT without AF if they haven't given me the go ahead! i'm guessing it will mean a quick trip to the local hospital tomorrow for blood tests to check levels if AF still hasn't shown up. not ideal, but it's the only option i have... and if they decide to start me on the HRT without AF, i'm gonna be one mighty p!ssed off chicky! the last few weeks have been hell on me (and even worse on DH) - and it appears it's all been for nothing! i see the same FS as PP - i agree that he has a set protocol for most things - he needs to start looking at us as individuals that KNOW what we're talking about when it comes to our own bodies! grrrrr

BW - i really think i should have gone with my gut and stopped the pill a few days early - dammit! who the hell times their patients change of meds for a sunday when the clinic aren't uncontactable!!!

am seriously considering contacting the clinic and saying "hey, i didn't respond to the pill the way you GUARANTEED i would - why would you think i'll respond to the HRT any better - let's just forget that part and do an OI cycle - that's only a week or so of puregon shots and hey presto - i O - perfect!" it wouldn't be a natural FET per se, but i would have more confidence in the potential success of the process if we did it that way. right now, i feel like we're going to be throwing our snow babies away with this cycle, which is a terrible feeling....

BG I had so hoped for better news from you this morning.

I hope you manage to get hold of someone at some stage that can help you out. I really hope you can get your clinic to change protocols, too! I can understand feeling like you're throwing your embryos away - it's why I'm only doing 10mg of prednisone this cycle. It just seems that there are way too few doctors around who are prepared to listen to us and admit that we know how our bodies work! I think it's simply because I have a rheumy who is one of those fantastic doctors, and he's given me the courage to stand up to other doctors and say "hey! that's just not right!"

I'm feeling a bit odd - no tears for me last night. Also appears to have been no ovulation either. Still have ovary niggles, have not had a temp rise yet... I'll be all good if it happens today and my temp jumps tomorrow morning. If it doesn't, I'm really not sure what I'll do!

BW

i wish our bodies would co-operate
    day 27 today - work up and neck was great- no migrane, my pimples have gone ( i always get one just before AF)
    so who knows
    must be the moon!!!
    i bet us girls are all gonna get AF on the same day and start cycling together- Don't laugh i happened once before in here - i was early and a few others were late and 4 of us ended up cycling together!!!
    they say that women who are close together end up affecting each others cycle. I always use to cycle with girls i worked with
    so that is the reason no AF for BG- see you don't need a FS - !!!
    money is on Monday that we all get AF!!!
    who agrees???
    odette

Oh Monday would be great Odette!

Well no tears here last night, went away for a hens weekend to Maroochydore, drank lots and lazed on the beach and by the pool and tried to learn to surf! Hilarious!!

BG - Hope AF rears her ugly head ASAP! I feel the same way about doing provera again this cycle when it didn't work last time, seems like such a waste. Good luck

BW - Great tp hear everything sounds fantastic, good luck with transfer!

BB - Great fert rates hun!!

PP, Chez, Holly - Heres hoping for a great week ahead for everyone

well af is here for me - although not much use (we are not cycling) but at least it makes my last cycle 32 days and not 80+ as it has known to be!!and should help with the BT that i had???

Im going to start my metformin today and see if that helps to regulate me again too, but i have to build up to it first - very slowly

tired and emotional a little still but then i should have gone to bed at a better time i guess

xx

Odette - it wouldn't surprise me if AF showed up for me tomorrow - would annoy me no end if i made a phone call in the morning saying "hey, you promised, and it didn't happen" - for her to then show up!

i figure if i start the progynova tomorrow - well, it's only a day late (will take the meds to work so i can take morning dose after i speak to nurse if need be) - i seriously doubt it will make a difference to the outcome - but i am seriously going to put forward the case that i'm not happy with "experimenting" with my opportunity to have an embryo implant this time around. if things go belly up now, unless i can guarantee being able to get transfer at a reasonable time in Melbourne on one of my days off - well, it pretty much puts me out of the running til, i believe, late april or may - which puts 2008 out of the question for becoming a parent - i'm not happy to just sit back and accept that...

IF i end up going forward with the progynova cycle, i think i'll talk to them about changing it back to just one embryo transferred (unless there is going to be only one left in the freezer due to poor thaw rate) - i don't want to feel like i'm throwing away my chances (hope that makes sense)

Hi all

Odette - Yep - my bet is on Monday too - why? Because I am travelling interstate for work for the day and it will be the most inconvenient time to come!! It would be funny if we were all cycling at the same time tho' wouldn't it?

I know how you feel BG - with my lap etc. coming up soon and then the 6 week wait after that - the earliest we are looking at EPU and transfer is mid to late April... I feel like my dream of 2008 being THE year is slipping through my fingers! That in itself makes me feel down I hope you get your protocol sorted out tomorrow morning when you call.

PP - glad to hear that things are working out for you. 80+ days - yikes! That must be hard!

Shannon - sounds like you had a great weekend - the weekend that the rest of us would have loved to have had but ended up in a big ball of tears and emotions. Damn moon!

BW - I hope you get the temp jump you are looking for!

Anyway, very early morning for me - taxi ordered for 5:30am! So off to bed for me.
    xx

I know it sucks all this waiting around. We finally got into se a great naturopath 3 weeks ago and she has both Geoff and I detoxing...man itis hard not eating crap!!!
    By the time we have finsihed this and then give all the supplements a chance to have a decent effect on eggies and sperm it will be May or June before we can cycle again.....grrr it is so frustrating espesh with the big 39 birthday this year and my eggies are getting older every time I fart these days!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast