Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Feb 2008

Hi Holly

It is great to have you back. I hope you and your DH had a wonderful time in Thailand - I am very jealous!

And that is a pain about your computer dying... hopefully it won't take long to fix. We have missed you!

Take care and talk to you soon
    xx

Well aren't we quiet in here That normally means a lot is happening or very little

I know i have been avoiding lately but still lurking and reading.

Holly - Welcome back hun!!! Hope Thailand was fantastic!

BW - Good luck this week

BG - Hope everything is going great with you and those embys are snuggling in tight! Thinking of you hun!

Chez - How are you holding up? How long until you see the FS? Are you feeling back to 100% after the lap?

Bi to Ellie, Mel, PP, Megan and anyone ive missed.

Well we are into the business end of our FET here. So saw the wonderful FS this morning for our scan and thank goodness the clomid has worked. We got the choice of trigger today or tomorrow, we picked tomorrow that way we will still be able to go to on holidays next weekend, go to Dreamworld (keep DH happy) and better yet enjoy the spa for 2 whole days before driving back to Brisvegas for transfer on Tuesday and then back to hinterland to rest rest rest. Now stay tuned to watch this perfect plan fall apart

Downside is trigger at 630am tomorrow morning which means a 1/2 hour drive to the in laws at 6am and then drive back home to drop DH off at work and then a 45 min drive back into the city for work... followed by a 1 1/2 of driving to and from acupuncture tomorrow night.

Good luck ladies and have a great week

hi shannon!

looks like we've all been off doing our own thing and not really posting in here - sometimes it's nutty mad in here - others it's dead quiet!

for me, i'm getting very near the end of my tww - results of BT will be in by the end of the week. not sure how i'm feeling at this stage - the see saw of "yep, it's worked, hell no it hasn't" is still going absolutely nutty. feel decidedly blah at the moment, but everything that i COULD attribute to being early pg signs - well, they're all also side effects of the HRT and P4 that is being pumped into my body daily! grrrr

ah well, i'll just relax and wait it out - and when things get bad, maybe you can help BW tighten the sraight jacket for me...

good luck with your FET hunny
    BG

Was also thinking that things were quiet and nearly jumped in to poke us back to life last night, but I decided not to bother in the end.

Still finding it a little hard to cope with all that has happened in the last month, and all that could be happening in the next week.

I'm so scared of going into this FET with only two embryos left - especially when the FS tells us that we can probably expect to continue to have thaw failures, miscarriages and hyperstimulation for potentially a long time to come. Sometimes I feel numb, sometimes I feel panicked. Now that it appears I have ovulated numb is at least taking over.

Have things lined up for the week at work. The people who need to know have been told when thaw happens and that it could be an absolute disaster and if it is, I'll probably need to go home. At least this way I can just tell them "gotta go" rather than having to go through the explanation from scratch when I'm messed up and upset.

But... we're praying really hard for a miracle here, and I know that even if God isn't going to give me the miracle I want just now, He'll at least give me the strength to get through the disappointment...

Shannon, I'm hoping and praying that the beautiful timing you have will hold - good luck.

BG - you know what I think and how I feel, and you know I'm here to tighten those straps any time... and you also know that I'll be calling in the return favour very soon!

Lots of for everyone.

BW

BW - i'll happily hand over the straight jacket when i'm done with it! and you know i'll be here for you (via sms!) through whatever happens with thaw - and then holding your hand while you go through your transfer - or whatever transpires after that! althought i'm hoping like crazy that transfer happens with one big and beautiful blastie ready to take hold for the long haul...

Hey you two

I have been reading and posting in journals and keeping everything crossed for both of you!

BG - I never know whether to say hi on MSN in case your at work or busy but know i've been thinking of you!

And BW where the stregnth comes from i don't know how you manage these back to back transfers, i will only be a day or two behind you and BG will be preggas so we can all tighten the jackets for each other!

Had a nice surprise this morning at the clinic to find out they will bulk bill me for the FET because we couldn't go ahead with transfer with the OHSS last time... so thats some nice holiday cash i wasn't expecting! Yippeee

Also do your clinics do embryo glue and hatching as additional extras?

Shan

shannon - if i'm on msn, i'm home - working for a govvie dept means no net access at work! feel free to say hi anytime (just be prepared - i have hyperactive kittens at the moment to that are happy to reply on my behalf if i'm too slow!! they're great at typing gobbledegook!

yay on the charge free FET! how cool is that?!?! i'd be impressed (though i'd also be expecting at least SOMETHING back if i didn't get to transfer first time around!!)

i honestly haven't come across anything in relation to embryo glue or hatching in my travels - but i'm also fairly new to the actual IVF process, so i've been sticking my head in the sand heaps and only looking at the bits i need to look at!

now, to pose a little question - to those who've done a HRT only medicated FET (so no O at all) - how severe were the drug side effects? i am at a point now where i'm feeling physically ill pretty consistently - the degree varies, but it's not going away - i've read the bits and pieces for the HRT - and of course, nausea is a big side effect of almost EVERY drug they could put us on, so i feel like i can't put any stock in that feeling at all. i feel like AF is on my door step - but logic tells me that, if i'm on artificial HRT and the P4 pessaries, it CAN'T arrive - i didn't O, so i have no true luteal phase - so how can that be the case? hmmmm, me thinks i am at the point where i'm just over it - give me an answer, and be done with it - am i UTD or not?!?!?! oops - mini rant there! sorry ladies!

Just a brief one from me, I have been in the lttc thread but feel a bit out of place - I think because of an influx of users new to IVF or AC. Even though this is only our 3rd cycle, and I don't feel negative as such, I certainly am under no illusions about IVF being an easy or fast right to a BFP.

After our 2nd cycle was cancelled, we started this one, 3rd protocol, this time antag. First scan I had 16 follies at 10mm and second scan 20 at 10mm - no growth. I was sure we were headed for another cancellation, but 3rd scan showed 22 follies between 11 and 16mm so we started the antag for a couple of days with the puregon, last night was trigger and we head into EPU tomorrow. So many more hurdles left to reach ET, but to get this far in itself is a milestone. The rest goes okay now.

Best wishes to BW, BG and others cycling at the moment.

sorry ladies - i knew there was somewhere i'd forgotten to update! i got my BT reulsts yesterday - another BFN for me

BB - you're more than welcome to join us. we're not always prolific posters, but we're all here to offer support and encouragement. i've been through a couple of antgonist cycles myself now - aren't those shots just the most enjoyable (NOT! hope you're using cetrotide - the orgalutron needles are decidedly blunt!) - good luck with everything for this cycle!

Hey Everyone!

Still almost non existent here as we are still waiting to get our computer sorted... at this stage it looks as though we might need to buy a new one - Not something I wanted to do after spending so much money recently on the wedding and going overseas... and DH got put off work the day we got back because business in real estate is terrible ATM.... aahhh! Anyway, thats my rant, so until we decide what to do about buying a new computer, its the library a few days a week for me!

BG - Hun, I am just so sorry to hear about your BFN - when are you seeing your FS to get some answers for this cycle?
    I hope they have some answers for you to help you for the next one xxx
    It will happen soon xxx

BB - Good luck with your EPU and fertilisation over the next few days, I have everything crossed for you xxx

Big hi to everyone else and hoping you're all doing ok xxx

As for us - we are still finishing off the last of our tests Dr S has had us do - I have to have one more BT on day 21 of my cycle (Next Mon), and DH is doing another sperm sample tomorrow.

We're seeing Dr S at the end of the month to hear what he suggests for cycle number 5.

We were planning on doing it straight away, but now that DH is not working atm we may have to delay it for a little while - he's busy looking and there's a few prospects so we may not even need to worry - Fingers crossed by the time we're ready to go he's settled into a new job and all is well!

Hoping everyone is great - am popping on as much as possible - Its driving me insane not having the internet at home! Amazing what we get used to!!!

Love Holly
    xxx

well well well fellow bb'ers

It has been long between post!!

i hope every one is busy for a reason??

Holly welcome back, so sorry about the computer trouble you are having - did you get my text?

BB - welcome and i know how you feel, there was a time when i was posting in both threads, but found soon that there were too many lovely ladies to keep up with and although i wanted to still read their journeys and wish them all the best just couldn't keep up with it all, and feel so far away from where they are all at, i do post from time to time but feel like i don't really belong there any more. It is also sometimes hard seeing the turn around that that thread often has, please don't take that wrong i mean it in the best possible way. i am always so happy for anyone achieving a pg - AC or not.

BW - hope everything is going well for you - haven't seen you around of late?

BG - i dont know what to say. thinking of you and hoping you get together with FS to work out your next step when you are ready to take them.

Shannon - great news about the bulk bill - ive only ever had this happen once due to my medications getting mixed up by the clinic and needing to do another cycle. that is fantastic though and would hope that it would be something every clinic would offer with regard to OHSS. its so hard to get ready financially when you have had a cycle canceled!!way to go good for you

Chez - what news with you hun?

Megan - looking forwards to catching up with you soon - hope you are still around??

Ellie - miss your regular post still - did you look into what BG mentioned?

Od - hows things with you at th moment - how is the acupuncture going ?

Mel - hoping you are doing ok to

will keep you updated oin my progress when i get some lol

Hi there,

A question fo those of you who have seen Gavin sacks. How much out of pocket can I expect to be for all the tests, consult, biopsy etc. Need to sort out my finances before I see him and even just a rough guesstimate would help.

Can't comment on the biopsy, but for the complete round of blood tests and a semen analysis to check for DNA fragmentation, it was really just the cost of the consultations. I can't remember the exact figures on the consultation costs, but they were fairly similar to the up front fees for seeing my regular FS ($130), but my regular FS charges for one person and bulk bills the other while with Gavin they charged for both (a smaller amount for DH). We were over the medicare safety net limit at the time as well so our rebates would be very different to normal.

I'm still lurking around - mainly sticking to my journal of late, at least when I'm not sticking my head in the sand and playing ostrich. We're transferring later today - if our sole surviving embryo actually stays alive long enough... so feeling decidedly stressed and panicky this morning.

BW

slyder Guest

New thread time, ladies.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678