Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Feb 2008

The AP I was seeing cost $70 for the first session and then $50 after that.
    I never had anything to compare him to though, although I do know that he had had success with IVF patients in the past.
    Well I might give this AP a go if my FET isn't successful. No PHI here, so have to pay for the lot unfortunately.

Odette, your AP sounds a lot like mine. I don't do the herbs and stuff very much, though. I chuck if I take them in liquid form, but she puts them in gelatin capsules for me. So far I only do luteal phase herbs, and I suspect she may keep it that way because I've got other medications acting on the follicular phase to make me ovulate.

I drive an hour each way for my appointments - once a week for about two years now. She's got me feeling healthier than ever, and it's very much worth the drive.

I guess I left the party half an hour too early. I was also hit with the insomnia bug, but finally got sleepy enough at midnight. No power failures last night, so had a much better night's sleep. But the cramping this morning after two days of very light flow has me now seriously wondering whether it is going to be an embryo didn't even try to implant BFN. Will know soon enough, I guess... The other option is that yesterday's AP session increased the blood flow to my uterus to make it shed faster...

Happy anniversary, Mel. And megan, good luck with the FET coming up - may it be much more successful than mine.

BW

Oh Odette that sounds so fantastic and promising Im so happy for you
    You will feel so much better afterwards

BW - So sorry to hear about AF turning up! Rocky road chocolate sounds good! Hope she doesn't cause too much more pain :hugs:

BG - Wow big week for you this week! Sending lots of sticky vibes your way.

Mel - 1 year already wow that has flown! Congratulations and i hope you have a wonderful day!

Megan - Good luck with your FET hun and definately give the AP a go

Not much happening here feeling pretty blah today... DH ha just left for the gym he is a bit of an exercise kick mood at the moment and driving me nuts. Stopped the provera 5 days ago and im hoping AF isn't far away.

Though i realised yesterday i havent had a natural AF in almost 8 months, ive only had 2 and they were both after IVF cycles. I also realised we havent actually made it to transfer in 6 months... and that out very short BFP. So feeling excited about actually have some embryos in there hopefully.. Still about 3 weeks away so just hoping AF shows

Have a great weekend and get some sleep!!

Shan

Hi lovely ladies

Thanks for your all of your kind words of support - I am well and truly on the mend now. Went back to work on Wednesday because I spent Tuesday worrying about all of the work that was piling up while I was away! I had planned a short day - maybe finish mid-afternoon - I think I ended up doing a 9 hour day Lots of meetings and catch-ups with my projects! And that was pretty much how the rest of my week went - busy at work and exhausted when I got home.

Anyway, most of the swelling has gone now. My scar is a bit sore still and raised but I expect that is normal. Went to see my chiro on Saturday morning and he asked about how my lap/hysto/d&c went. I ended up in tears in his office... I really hoped that we would have more answers after Monday and yes I know we found out that my cervix is narrow.... I still don't feel like we progressed very much. And now I have to wait until 11th of April to see my FS. I rang to try to make an earlier appointment and was told it was normal to wait 8 weeks after surgery for a follow-up. I pushed anyway and the only available appointment was 3 days earlier... so we are waiting until 11th! This seems like EONS away to me at the moment. I am swinging from thoughts of giving up anymore treatment to maybe just another one... maybe the new FS is onto something here... AAAHHHHHH!!! I think I might need the straight jacket this time!

Anyway, I have exhausted myself with cleaning, cooking, washing and ironing today, so sorry no personals tonight - I have an early date with my pillow! But I hope you lovely ladies are looking after yourselves and have the courage to continue with whatever decision is right for you.

Will check in tomorrow,
    take care all
    xxxx

Hello Ladies

Chez - Hope your feeling better, I've started to reply to your post several times over the last couple of days.. and i just wish i had the magic answer to give us the babies we so desperately want and to take away all the pain and heartache of this journey. I hope you find the answers you need, but by how annoyed you were that you couldn't get an earlier FS appointment makes me think you may not be quite ready to throw in the towel. I think you need to spoil yourself you have been working so hard lately and have had the lap, make sure you take the time for yourself. I may be totally off base with what i said but just know im thinking of you.. :hugs:

Big Hi to everyone Dh is yelling for me to set the table so i had better run

Just wanted to shout from the rooftops.... I FINALLY GOT AF!!!!!!! Now the FET can begin.

woo hoo -can't believe i'm excited about af AGAIN but woo hoo Shannon! not long now hunny. fantastic news!

Hi Shannon

Thanks very much for your lovely words of support. You are spot on with having to be kind to myself - I have been working very hard and I didn't really give myself the time to heal physically before I went back to work. And I didn't anticipate the emotional aspect to the lap results as well - that kind of caught me off guard.

This week I decided I would continue with uni this semester since it looks like we won't be doing another cycle until late April at the earliest. I have to have something to occupy my time other than BB So this weekend will be a little more relaxed before my DF heads off overseas the following week for a conference. He is going to be away quite a bit actually, so some alone time will probably be good for me, even though I will miss him heaps.

Enough on me... congratulations on AF coming. I wish you every ounce of luck and hope that a miracle comes your way with this round of FET

Take care and thanks again,
    xx

Hi everyone

Just though i would pop in and post as it seems far too long since we have chatted. I hope everyone is well?

Not much news here just waiting now that all our FS have agreed on a way to go about it all!!

looking forward to hearing how all your journeys are going so far and to anyone in the TWW sending you all my prayer

xx

Hi PP - glad you and Mac have come to an agreement on what protocol to use - hopefully it won't be too long before you're in the TWW yourself!

as for me, am now in the TWW - had transfer during the week. it's been a huge week and heaps i have to catch up on my journal in the near future, but for now, i'm far too tired. big family get together tomorrow and i'm just not looking forward to it. need to be on my game big time, so gonna have to catch up on sleep this arvo

Nana nap - here i come!!

oh BG - a Nana nap sounds promising - hoping your TWW is quick for you
    Last edited by Loula; March 1st, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Hi Everyone
    This dial up is driving me nuts...still lurking...went to NP for the first time yesterday and starting Bowen too...gettin healthy before we go again...wishing everyone lots of sticky vibes xxx

Oh ellie so good to hear from you again - even though your visits are short!!!(its driving me nuts) when are you going to get this dial up sorted???

Hey hun...only dial up for me...no broadband...thems the breaks living in the bush hey!

I was hoping you were not going to say that!!!

Ok well it will have to be then!!great to hear the NP is going well and would be interested in the bowen!

Take care hun

well, nana nap lasted for over 90 minutes, and i've woken up feeling really blah still. not sure what's happening. i keep thinking it's too early to have symptoms, so maybe it's from the drugs... could be that i'm coming down with something too - bro is sick, his little girl just getting over something - and i seem to be picking up bugs very easily. everyone at work is fighting flu-like bugs - it's great!!

Ellie - have you thought to look into government subsidised satellite broadband - being out in the sticks, you might get some help...

Hey Ladies

BG - Congrats on transfer, hope everything went fantastically and the lttle ones are snuggling in tight

Ellie - Dial up? What has the world come too The healthy body plan sounds fantastic!

Chez - How are you going this week??

PP - Great to hear the Dr's have finally dicided on a plan of action! I hope the waiting goes very quickly.... leaving you with 9 long months of waiting. Does the waiting ever end?

Big to BW, Odette, Megan hope your all having a fantastic weekend.

Well i am finally feeling as though the dark cloud is lifting, AF was absolutely horrible, i felt awful the days leading up and had the worste PMT and almost resigned over coffee.. crazy i know. Thanks god shes over and so is the provera. Last day of the clomid tomorrow and yesterday was a pretty great day so im hoping not too many horrible side affects. And now we just wait and scan on the 10/3.

Also very excited about Kelly Clarkson next weekend...!! Just not the 715am scan the next morning

Have a great weekend

Shan

Hi ladies

BG- sending you lots of - hope your little one is snuggling in tight! And be easy on yourself... nana naps everyday should be compulsory in the TWW!

Hi Ellie - longtime no hear, but glad you can at least pop in every now and then given that you are technologically challenged. Good luck with your healthy body plan!

Shannon - thanks for asking after me. I am having a much better week this week than last. I was just so tired all last week, but I managed to do some relaxing over the weekend and am feeling much better for it physically and mentally. Glad to hear you are doing better with the drugs this week. And hope you enjoy the concert!

PP - Glad to hear you have a way forward. That always makes for a happier me and hopefully for you too!

A big hi to everyone else. Not much going on here. Just waiting for FS appointment in April. And DF is off overseas on Friday for 10 days for work so I will have no excuse to not be eating properly, exercising and getting lots of study done! Well unless chocolate and a movie get in the way of course!

Take care all and hope you have a great week. And BG - keep those legs crossed tight!!

xxx

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say a quick hi - We're back, but came home to no power and no phone due to a big storm while we were away!

Everything is back on now but our computer has died as a result, so its in getting fixed .... I am dying as its been waaay too long without BB!!!

Just checing to see how everyone is doing - so sorry for lack of personals, but I'm in the local library and have just been told I have to get off!!!

Hopefully will talk to you all soon on the next few days xxx

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast