Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - June 2006 #2

so AF has shown yet again... not coping well this time. Its funny how sometimes I cope really well and am proud of myself and start to think maybe, just maybe I am learning to deal with this and be more accepting... and then I have moments like these and realise Im very good at deceiving myself and pretending to be ok.

We have got to start emptying this place out - its getting ridiculous!

Keen- honey big hugs to you. The rollercoaster sucks doesnt it. Please take care of your heart.
    Tam- thank you for your kind words. I feel exactly the same. I am so grateful to all you girls. It does help knowing you are all just a keyboard away.

As life is such a rollercoaster, I really am just taking it day and week at a time. There are days I feel so ok. And like you Keen think maybe I will be ok being just a couple. But then the next day I am a a mess and cant cope with the thought. Depending on my "mood" of the day, to weather I attend any parties ect. Most of the time I do come home and feel not so good after hearing the 4 hour talk on babies and kids, but I also dont think shutting myself away from everyone healthy long term either. I am just looking for a healthy balance!

Oh Jules- Bugger on the more needles. when is your next scan? I think it is good that you are taking some time off work. Less things to worry about sounds good. Just make sure you get some rest!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

hope the cookies do the trick, Jules. Fingers crossed you get to trigger.

Vick - it is all about finding that balance isnt it? And its SO hard to find because it changes depending on where you are in your circumstances and how you are feeling that very day - like you say, cant do much more than take each day at a time and do what is right for you.

Jules- keeping my fingers crossed for trigger. It amazes me at times how different our clinics are. Mind you it could be us as well as we all are different arent we!( I have had to do extra needles ect on every one of my cycles, and the week prior to epu I am at the clinic every day for either bloods or scans) Sorry I had to laugh about your synadrel. I have had simular where I have sneezed straight after. it is almost over now. The cookies sound sooo yummy. Just the smell of them cooking always makes me feel better!

Keen- It is so great being able just to talk about this with you all. And to have someone finally understand what I am saying. I dont feel so alone anymore, though I do really hate to know you are all going though sub- fertility too.

How is everyone else doing? My DH had the day off today and we went out to lunch. It was so nice. We hardly do things like that anymore.

What a bummer! I've caught a bug and have a throat infection - not feeling great at all. I also think a head cold is settling in as well - just to keep my throat company! Hopefully it wont hang around for too long.

Jules - also keeping everything crossed for you. Good luck.

Daisy & Keen - I so know what you mean about the good days and bad days. Some days I can be really positive and be grateful for all the wonderful things I have in my life BUT other days all that pales into insignificance compared to my wanting to be a mum.

And a big hello to Tam, Blue, Ann and all the lovely ladies in here. I'm hanging out for the next BFP - it's well overdue, so someone must be due to hit the jackpot soon.

Marg
    xoxo

ann Guest

Hi Girls,

Sorry that you are sounding a bit down. I am sorry to say it comes with the territory!

I am waiting for AF, I can feel her knocking so she wont be far away. We are supposed to be doing a FET next month, I am supposed to ring the nurse when AF arrives, but at the moment I'm really thinking I cant be bothered doing it. What pay a heap of money just to be in for a big disappointment?

I can think of better ways to blowing some money!

Yeh I know I'm having a whinge too.

Any way I hope you all try to have a brighter day

Love Ann

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi ladies,

I'm so sorry I've been MIA, as it sure sounds like everyone is feeling a little down at the moment. I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but wanted you all to know that I know how hard it is wondering if it's ever going to happen for you. Yet for most of you, it will happen. It's the 'when' that no one can really predict.

Please look after yourselves first. Keen, I completely understand wanting to keep in touch so that you don't let friendships fall by the wayside, but what friendships I've let pass, I've replaced with others. You need to take care of you first. If your friends are really friends, they would understand.

I'm hoping to be back on more often now, everyone. I won't go into too much detail, but suffice to say I've had a few issues at home with one of my kids that has taken up a lot of my time. I'm hoping it has come some way to being resolved, which means I'll have more time to myself again.

love
    sushee

Jules, exciting on the EPU, holding lots of hopes for your eggies quality. Numbers hopefully don't matter in this case! Big rest tonight for you & an 'ouch' in advance for your trigger shot.

Big hellos & hope for all others, we don't really know when, but yes, hopefully there will be a when.

Take care

Just thought I would give you a quick update.

We went and saw the nurse and genetic counsellor at MIVF today. Three hours later, we managed to leave with a whole heap of information to take in. They did tell us that if we do get any embies, we only have a 10% chance that they wont be affected with the chromosome translocation. and to keep in mind that things will probably not work first, second or either third cycle. They told us we had to be prepared for this to be the case. Anyway, I am just going to keep thinking positive anyway.

So now we wait for the probe to be done so that they can work out what day we will start. So back to the waiting for us for now.

Marg- I hope you are giving yourself time to rest up. And hope you are feeling much better in no time!

Anne- please dont give up hope. You wildest dreams could be just aound the corner... And the money, yes there is so many other things to spend it on, but wouldnt you pay twice the amount you have when you get that BFP? At the end of the day you have to do what is right for you. Just listen to your heart ok!

Sushee- It is great to see you! Have missed you! I hope all is starting to settle down now.

Jules- Hope everything went well with the trigger. Sending you so much babydust! Try not to stress about numbers. It is the Quality not quantity that counts. Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

EJE- Hope the wait is not too long. Must be exciting knowing you have got the ball rolling! When is the probe to be done?

A big hello to everyone else. Hope you are all doing well.

confusedegg Guest

JULES: LMAO at your husband and needle flicking. mine was the same & everytime he pulled one out, i would see him dressed in white coat as scientist. lol.

Hi daisy. We are waiting for them to seed us an invoice. We then send to them $1500 which is non medicare, non private health inusrance, basically non refundable and they first start a feasibility test to check they can do a probe. Then if the feasability test comes up ok, they ask for another couple of thousand, and start the probe. Lots of waiting.

thinking of you Jules - may you be the next to leave!

ann Guest

Good luck Jules!!!!!!!

Bloody ^#(*$(*&#)(#, and more (*&#(*$_#)(#

went for my pre IVF ultrasound yesterday, CD 34, feeling like AF was knocking on the door eg cramps, back pain.

The sonographer told me that I hadn't yet O'd and that I had a 30mm follicle on the right and a heap of smaller ones on the left. Now it looks like I will be too late for our cycle starting on the 7/9. My stupid bloody body, when I don't want AF to show up she arrives and when I want her to visit she bloody racks off!

If she doesn't show it means this will be the third cycle we have missed due to AF not showing up. What really pi$$es me off is that we will have to wait another 3 months to do a cycle.

Frustrated or what???????

Ann

Oh $#&%#, Ann! That's such sh*t news!

Can't you BD like crazy now though to try to catch that follie??

confusedegg Guest

ANN: Cant they give you primolut to induce AF if she is late? That is what the clinic does with me, because she just doesnt come ever on time.

new thread here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678