Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception March 07

hope you can get some answers from GP lou - and maybe get something to force her to visit so you can have FET soon

well, things are finally starting to happen down here - after much messing around, it appears i'm finally "booked" in for IVF in November!!! yay - it's only taken about 30 phone calls in the past 10 days, but woo hoo!!

i have an appointment for counselling on Nov 7, FS on Nov 8 (where we get confirmation we have to do IVF, and work out what dosage of meds etc) - appointment with the IVF coordinator on Nov 12th - and she believes we'll be starting injections on or around the 16th - so it's all go!!

it took a lot of convincing the ivf coordinator to let me in - she started talking about the pill, the synarel and all that stuff - until i could explain to her that i had antagonist cycles so none of that rubbish up front - just puregon, and when the time comes, cetrotide to stop me ovulating too early and allowing those follies to plump up nice and big for lots of healthy eggies!

the freaking out has started a little already - but i guess that's part of the deal for someone that suffers from anxiety issues - i am worrying a little (ok, a lot) about what dosage of puregon i'm going to have to be on considering a dosage of 200iu got only 3 ripe follies (and 21 immature ones - plus mild OHSS) - i guess i just have to wait to see if they'll use cetrotide for longer to push the immature follies along, or whether they'll increase the dosage - but i guess either way, i'm a prime candidate for OHSS again... hmmmmmm. the things we do to achieve a dream...

Know that freaking out about OHSS feeling, BG - all too well!

BW

hehehe - thought you might BW!

No - but i think it may have something to do with me not taking the metformin - NP recomenditions but am thinking of starting again very soon as ive put on 4 kg!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Girls
    Have had the craziest week...have missed you all!
    Lou hope AF shows...Bg & Bw, I'm already stressing about OHSS coz we're doin a different protocol...got the results from the fasting insulin..'8'...whatever than means but apparently that's fine so no metformin for me? Start synarel on the 3rd Nov then wait for CD 1 for the 'real' games to begin!!! Hope to catch you all over the weekend if not before xxx

yay ellie - i'm glad you got the insulin results in - at least now there is an explanation as to why you're not on metformin!!

as for me - OMG - how much paperwork do you need to fill out to kick start this stuff?? yesterday i got a "welcome to monash ivf" pack - not biggie there except that they'd sent the wrong receipt and cards to me so spent almost an hour on the phone finding someone with half a clue and an ounce of compassion to get it rectified! wasn't happy at all - i know where my ID cards ended up (gotta love finding out from someone that lives locally that THEY received my cards - considering we only realised last week that we lived close and had been chatting on BB for ages!) so just waiting on them to turn up

got the account and proposed treatment plan for the anagonist cycle next month - and there are things that just freaked me out a little - firstly - i have to mail my blood samples to melbourne - how freaky is that?? - i have to go and ask the local path lab to collect the sample, then send it to melbourne - weird!

i now get to have fun filling in LOTS of forms ready to post off the afternoon after i see FS (i refuse to post a form saying "please take $4400 from my credit card" until i get confirmation that i have to go through the damn process!)

apparently CD1 for me will be Nov 15th... gotta love knowing that they can pull any dateout of thin air and label that as CD1 for me!

hope everyone else is having a good day

Ellie, did they test your insulin levels after a glucose drink? From memory (I would have to look up the exact numbers when I get home), fasting insulin levels under 10 are ok. Mine was 12, which didn't cause too much concern. However, after the glucose drink, insulin levels shouldn't get above 60, mine hit 279.3! If we'd just stopped with a fasting insulin level, we'd never have known how bad it was.

But of course, I'm not a doctor - so perhaps they know that if your fasting insulin is fine, your insulin after a glucose load is also going to be fine.

I'm thinking I probably should have started the pill already... the prescription is still in DH's car! Must make sure he gets it for me today and I'll start tonight.

BW

did you call your clinic BW?

Have been on class all morning! Spent most of my first lesson out trying to sort out a student welfare issue... second lesson now, and I'm sitting at my desk trying not to let on to the kids that I have severe stomach cramps and can't really stand up! Not sure whether it is AF pain or wind... passed a few nasty clots this morning - so not really wanting to think about it too much!

Should be off class and able to call very soon.

BW

Just dropping in to see how you lovely ladies are going?
    Missing you all, of course and wishing like mad that you can all escape from here soon.
    If you ever have any questions or anything at all, always feel free to PM me anytime; I am still very much aware of what we go through to have success...

wishing you all beautiful chrissy presents that each of you SO deserve

Thanks Keen xxx

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

New thread time everyone. We haven't had a new one since March!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789