Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - March 2008

Good Luck for Monday Smartie!

Thanks so much Megan, im actually a bit excited about this cycle, I proberley shouldnt say that really, but change of cycle and everything going so well so far, I guess thats why they call it a roller coaster

Smartie, can you bottle up some of that excitement for a new cycle and ship it across to me? I'm freaking out about doing another one - perhaps a completely new protocol might help... After two freeze all cycles because of OHSS, I could do with a nice, boring stim cycle for a change!

Megan, I share some of your frustration - it's never easy trying to convince the nurses and doctors that you know your body and you know when something just isn't right... Will keep everything crossed for you.

Not much egg consumption here - I'm finding that if I eat the wrong things I end up really sick the next day. Can't figure out exactly what's triggering it - something to do with not enough protein and too much sugar, with a whole lot of not enough sleep thrown in as well. Not fun! Down to five days before the FS appointment - freaking out slightly. Also freaking out over my rapidly shrinking luteal phase - I'm getting more and more spotting before AF with AF starting earlier and earlier. Just hoping my FS will change things enough and will finally succeed in avoiding OHSS. Would be nice to experience a fresh transfer. Third time lucky?

BW

Hi everyone! Just popping in to wish you all the best! Nothing much happening here...still working on the courage to jump back in...here's hoping for lots of BFP's really soon xxx

ann Guest

Hi gorgeous girls!

Long time no talk. I just wanted to wish you all a happy and safe Easter.
    I dont log onto BB much any more, eventhough I never have the time work, work and more bloody work.

I'm still here in denial trying had to convince myself that I dont really want to TTC anymore. Last night DH and I were having a heart to heart, and for one small monents I thought he was going to say "Lets have one more crack at IVF",I was certainly ready to jump on the idea, but no he went on to say something else. Yes I am in total denial, I still desperately want a baby, but after 6 years, 3 months and 5 days I really think I have to come back to the land of reality ansd realise that it is never going to happen for us.

So no more of my dribble. Good luck to all of you in "the quest".

Luv to all of you

Ann

Hi All,

Just logging in to let you know that I got 18 eggies today, so better than I expected and the most that I have ever gotten from a collection, just praying that they are mostly mature!!! Still pretty sore, I've had a hottie on my tummy for most of the day.....I think one of the worst part about this whole process is getting the fertilisation rates - freaks me out!!!

butterfly_warrior, have you ever tried acupuncture to regulate your af's at all???

Well im going to hop back into bed, but hope everyone had a great weekend...

I've been having weekly acupuncture sessions for longer than I've been doing IVF! My acupuncture lady is quite concerned about my luteal phase - we're trying herbs at the moment, but when transfer was called off I couldn't be bothered taking them any more. Probably a bit silly as we now have no idea of whether they are actually helping or not! I'm certainly going to be trying to get my FS to do something about it when I see him on Thursday... getting quite a list of concerns now!

Well done on the egg numbers, Smartie, and good luck with the fertilisation results. With those sorts of numbers you could be experiencing some mild OHSS - keep the fluids up (especially gatorade), and make sure you are resting!

BW

great egg numbers there Smartie - rest up - the hard part (emotionally speaking) is still to come! the TWW is so much fun (NOT!!)

Ann, lovely of you to drop in and check up on us! i doubt the longing for a family will ever go away so i can understand that niggling feeling! hoping the planning for the Thailand holiday is at least keeping you somewhat distracted.

Smartie, what a fantastic result. Rest up and take BW's advice re your fluid intake! Looking forward to hearing your fert results.
    Ann, nice to see you pop back in here. It must be so difficult after so long TTC. I hope you do choose to pop in from time to time, but if you don't I understand. Hope you had a lovely easter.
    BW, good luck for your appt on Thursday. I hope you feel it's a productive visit.
    Had a scan today fo my fet cycle. One of the first things she asked during the scan was if I had PCO. I just said, not that I know of! I'm doing a natural cycle so I'm not really sure of numbers of follicles expected etc. I didn't have scans on either of my previous fet cycles. I know I had 10 follicles on the right (biggest were 14mm & 16mm). No idea how many on the left, but the biggest was 17mm. Back for another BT in the morning as it seems its getting close now.
    I really didn't expect to have that many follicles on a natural cycle. Anyone have an idea what the norm is on a natural cycle without PCO?

Megan, i would assume with a natural cycle you'd have no more than two or three dominant follicles - it sounds like you have significantly more than that. it might be that you ARE showing signs of PCO - but maybe not PCOS - definitely something to query with your clinic...

Hi Megan

I found your comments interesting. I will be starting program for FET. I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but have been told that I am slightly that way inclined. (But still have regular cycles and ovulate, weight is within range etc. etc. - so I just don't really understand it!).

On my second last US before EPU I had 22 big follicles and 43 other active ones which freaked me out - low dose meds had already been dropped - so last US I was too scared to get the numbers. Had 26 eggs collected. Which makes me wonder because the info I was given said that they cannot stimulate any more follicles than would naturally stimulate even though you should end up with one egg at ovulation in a natural cycle. Although it would explain why I get so tired and exhausted feeling each month.

Anyhoo Dr has decided that I will be having a medicated cycle ie. estrogen to suppress my own ovulation then progesterone for lining etc.

Hey Smartie, congrats and well done - like it has been said, take it easy and lots of water.

Hey Ann - good luck to you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Hey

Just thought I would add a note:

When I had my first internal ultrasound (no meds etc. natural cycle/initial checkup) ... over a year ago now the Technician pointed out that I was ovulating and commented on the amount of activity. Couldn't miss it - so much and shown in colour .. like watching fire works within the standard black and white ultrasound screen.

So who knows how many follies are 'normal'.

Good Morning Ladies

Smartie Congrats on the follie numbers they are fantastic!

BW - Good luck with your appointment this week hope the FS has some answers and a new strategy.

Megan- Wow they are impressive follie numbers for a FET cycle i thought 2 - 3 max as well. Good luck hun!

Ann thanks for dropping in and checking on us and i hope you enjoy Thailand and relax!

Big Hi to BG, Holly, Mel, and anyone ive missed.

Well just over halfway through the TWW and its torturous as ever! AF is due today so we shall see how things go

Have a lovely week ladies!

Hi ladies,

Well I have 13 fertilised wee embies, hopefully all now starting to divide, I am stoked, this is doubel any other cycle that I have had!!! Im going to be doing a 5 day TER with hopefully 2x blast fingers crossed they get that far

I alway thought that you had a lot of follies at the beginning of a cycle but 1 or 2 become dominant???

Anyway I hope everyone is well xx

Fantastic results smartie! Looks like we could be having transfer on the same day!
    Hang in there Shannon!! Not long to go now.
    Belle, thanks for your comments. I have never had huge numbers of follies at EPU. Well, there's usually just under 20 follies at max number of eggs I have had collected is 8.
    I will have to remember to ask my FS when I next see him to look at my scan results.
    Back for a BT this morning and results show a big surge today. At this point transfer will be Saturday if we successfully thaw any embies. I'm already feeling anxious about it. Who knows what I will be like on Friday waiting for the phone to ring.

HI guys hope everyone had a great easter and ddint eat too much chocolate (yeah right!! heheheh).

Well we went to see the "famous" Antonia Ruhl today. After we had signed over our first born child in order to pay for the herbs for both geoff and myself.....LOL........nah seriously, she was very good, wants me to keep going with the naturopathic stuff as it is all good in her eyes ( means more money needed for all the vitamins from them as well...sheesh), and she is the first person to actually examine both myself and geoff instead of everyone just poking me for a change. Turns out Geoff may be contributing to the chromosome issues in her eyes as he has inflammation in his ummm how do I put it politely, mound of venus area. She poked around and he was jumping up an down from the pain where she poked which is so not a normal response. When did the same poking in my pelvic area all was good. She mentioned before she examined us that it is quite common in chromosomal problems for one partner to have a low grade inflammation/infection in the pelvis that they are not even aware of. She was actually quite surprised when she examined me and I was all good so thats when she asked if she could look at geoff. When she pointed it out to me you can even see it. So anyways he has extra herbs to take to combat the inflammation. So now our respective herbs are marinating in their respective bottles of vodka!!! the one with the pink ribbon is mine and the one with the blue ribbon is his!!
    Cost us $1460 all up for the consult and 2 months of herbs...she wants us to give it a full four months before doing IVF again but if we fall naturally in the meantime well thats a bonus in her eyes.
    And we are also off to Sydney on Thursday for a whistle stop tour to Bondi to see Gavin Sacks. We will have the biopsy done thrusday arvo as I planned the appointment to coincide with the right cycle days and stay overight and have the blood tests done on Friday morning before flying back at noon so if anyone wants to say "Hi, Welcome to Sydney" we are staying at some boutique hotel thingy in Woollahra that is listed on wotif as being "Gay and Pet Friendly". Not sure why but geoff got a chuckle out of that!!

So I guess this week is gonna be an expensive one for us, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

A question for those who have had the 15 vials of blood taken.... how can I expect to feel afterwards. Am I going to be okay to get on a plane at noon if I have the tests at say 8 in the morning. Will I need something to prop me up - maxolon, etc etc. I dont cope with nausea well so if that is going to be a factor I might have to drug myself up to the eyeballs and let Geoff carry me onto the plane...hehehehe. Any advice appreciated. My GP said to eat steak every day this week and stock up!!

Smartie, glad to see you had such a great egg haul. I have been following you cos you had acupunsture this time and it has confirmed my thoughts on this issue. We did the same thing in reverse. for our first cycle we went all out and did the acupuncture thing and got 17 eggs 12 fertilised. For our second cycle we didnt do anything and only got 10 eggs with 6 fertilising. because we are doing PGD 6 is so not a good number to start with and as a result we got no embies to transfer. the fact that you got such good numbers with AC has confirmed t me that our cycle we will definitely do the AC as well.

Shannon I am prayinf AF stays away for you hun and Megan fingers crossed for happy thawing on friday.

Good luck with the FS BW. Hi to BG, Ellie, Odette, Slyder and anyone else I have missed.

I'm off to find out what is not tied down in the house that I can sell on ebay to pay for today's little spending spree...hehehehe. Hmmmm geoff doesnt REALLY need his computer does he...or the ps3 we won? Maybe his golf clubs?

Mel, can't really say for sure that the way I reacted to having heaps of blood taken is the way everyone will react, but... First things first - don't do what I did and not drink any water at all because it's a fasting test. You probably already know that anyway, and I'm just very silly for doing it not only once but twice! I wasn't nauseated at all, just very, very light headed and dizzy... but I can see how that could make some people nauseated, just lucky I didn't get that one at all. I got through the day afterwards fairly ok, but it's certainly not something I'd want to do again in a hurry! Depending on how you cope with dizziness, I'd be taking the maxolon along (and any other drug you could possibly need) just in case. Mostly - I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep afterwards.

As for me... I've just had the day from hell, being confronted with several different examples of just how I've managed to screw up (both at work and at home), plus the stress I'm feeling regarding the latest rounds of blood tests, staring a 3rd stim cycle in the face... the OHSS fears are extreme to say the least. So looking forward to going to bed and declaring the day to be over... TOO MUCH STRESS!!!!!

BW

Oh wow Mel that is expensive.. lol thought the vodka sounds worth it
    Good luck hun i have everything crossed that this next cycle is the one for you! And wow thats very interesting about Geoff... and slightly satisfying to hear about a man getting getting his "mound of venus" inspected about time they had a go!

Megan not long left hun, hang in there i will have everything crossed that they thaw beautifully!

BW - Hope a good nights sleep made things a lot better and i really hope they have the answers for you this time.

Smartie how are those embies holding up?

Howdy to BG, Ann, Odette, Belle, Ellie, Slyder and hopefully i haven't missed anyone.

Well officially 1 day late today and just keeping everything crossed that everything stays stuck where it is meant too! Called the clinic this morning and tried to have my blood test brough forward.. but drats no luck i am just going to have to suffer through the weekend!!

Have a great day ladies!

Shan

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast