Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - November 2005 #2

Melinda Guest

Sue - just wanted to pop in to wish you all the very best for your appointment tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sue
    :luck: for tomorrow -

Marg how did you go ?

Long trip and not so good news. Around 4-5 follicles but they're all still too small. Two more days of puregon and orgalutran and then another scan - but looks like they may cancel this cycle. Tough day.

Marg

P.S. All the best Sue.

Marg
    sorry it was not good news as you hoped - see what 2 more days brings [-o< -how many days of stims have you had so far ?

My insomnia has come back last few days -on postive side - I get in a fair bit of [-o< in wee hours and then half asleep and tired all day .

Sue, will watch to see how your apointment goes

Marg, hope you get a bit more growth from your follies. bugger about the drive too.

Trish, yuck insomnia, just buggers up everything.

Hope everyone else is well.

Sorry if I get the terminology wrong, I'm still learning it all!

AF - started 7/11
    Clomid - started 7/11, finished 11/11
    Puregon - started 7/11 - still taking (up to 350 from 300 on 16/11)
    Orgalutran - started 14/11 - still taking

I assume that makes today (Thu 17/11) Day 11. Aaarrgghh - at the moment I think I could sleep for a week!

Marg

Melinda Guest

Sorry to hear your news Marg....here's hoping that over the next couple of days there is some really good growth from those follies!!

Hi guys just thought I would check in and let you know I had my scan today instead of tomorrow as they would not give me the day off.
    Didnt go as well as I thought it would considering they have changed my medication and upped the dose
    On the right there was 1 follicle 11mm and 6 around 7mm
    On the left there was 2 follicles 16mm, 1 14mm, 1 13mm, 1 12mm and 3 8mm.
    The nurse is going to have a talk to the doctor to see if he wants me to have a trigger on sat night for OPU on monday or whether he wants me to have another scan on Monday for OPU on Wed, they will ring me tomorrow to let me know.
    The big dilemma I have now is whether to go to blastocyst or have a day 2 or 3 transfer, the nurse said I should get at least 7 follicles if we have OPU on monday but then I probably wont have any to freeze.
    Can anyone tell me whether blastocyst or day 2-3 transfer is better.
    Sorry for the selfish post just very confused at the moment.
    I hope everyone is well Welcome Marg and the new moderators
    Hope your well SuziQ, Trish, Leis, Bee and anyone else I have missed

Shazey
    b*gger they wouldnt give you time off for scan

from my limited understanding :-k

most clinics (but not all) prefer to go to blasts if you get over 6 eggs - they tend to sort out the best and strongest embryos - that you can't see at day 2-3 -but going to blast means may not end up with snow bubs (frosties)

When blasts go back they are in uterus at day 5-6 it is day they would be naturally - where as normally day 2-3 embies are still normally travelling down the fallopian tubes instead of in uterus.

having said that lots of people get pregnant from 2-3 day old embryos and not from blasts - but I've seen lately more going to blasts.

Hope your follies continue to grow and DR has good news for you

Hi Trish
    Thanks for your reply, the clinic rang this afternoon and they have decided to let the follicles grow for a few more days so there should at least be 10 follicles at pick up, I have another scan on monday morning to get the final numbers

Hi ladies, just a quick update before I have to head out to my boss's for dinner... #-o . (Can someone call in sick for me???) Today's BT came back at 110. As the only chance that this is viable is through a miracle, I was kind of hoping the level had dropped, or be non-existent. Dr wants to retest next Tues but the general thought is that it is an ectopic or an empty sac. Give me a TWW any day...this is like a TWW x 10 but with no prospect of good news at the end!! Oh well, I hope at least dessert is something chocolately...

Hey Bee,
    Is there still a slim chance? Miracles can happen you know. Plenty of them on these boards!!
    I have to admit to still being a little confused by your situation though.
    If it's possibly ectopic, is there no way they can check that now? Rather than leaving it another 5 days?
    Hope I'm not talking through my hat. I'm still holding out hope for you.
    Hope too that you get a decent dessert!
    Love
    Sue

Melinda Guest

I'm still holding out hope for you too Bee!!!!

Locking this thread now girls.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678