Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - November 2005 #3

Blue Sky Guest

Hi Bec - Greedy schmeedy! Don't worry about that! If you took the last tim tam then I might think you greedy he he. But no, wanting another child is perfectly natural! I'm doing okay. Am keeping realistic - although DH would probably say otherwise. 8-[
    H

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Heather (posted it twice so you can't miss it)

don't make me search the old posts comm'on is that a special testing date ?

I have a good feeling about you

we want to flood the PALTTTC forum with new girls they are having a Christmas special at the moment - free packet of Tim Tams for every one taking up a new seat

sambo16 Guest

Hi Everyone.

My name is Sam, and my husband and i are going to starting ICSI next year, my husband had a zero sperm count and we were sent to a firtility cliinic here in WA, its all very scary there is so much you have to let sink in, we had an appointment last week and i found out that i produce to much insulin so they have put me on metformin, so try and sort it out, that kind of scared me a bit knowing that there may be a chance that i could end up with diabeties, its nice to be able to come to a place like this to talk about whats going and get given some kind of advice from people that hav been doing this for a while. Iam also wondering if there is anyone that lives in WA that is or has gone through ICSI if at any chance they could give me an idea on how much this procedure costs, i have a fair idea have had other friends doing it, but i have been told that it changes from clinic to clinic, is that also true.

thanks to who eva opend this site, its the best idea that i have ever seen

thanks again SAMBO \/ O

Hi Sam and welcome,
    The whole IVF thing can be scarey, but when you start to chat and know what goes on it makes it alittle easier. Im currently on metformin at the moment, apparently is lowers the risks of GD in pregnancy. You had any side effects yet?. There is also a thread on here regarding Met in the PCOS and Endo section the ladies in there are also lovely and happy to help out. My husband and I undertook IVF with ICSI and have a beautiful daughter as a result. As far as prices go they do differ depending on whether the IVF is private based or hospital based.
    Hope your stay here is enjoyable BUT not too long.lol
    Bec

kirsty Guest

Hi & welcome Sam.

While I'm not really up on all things IVF, you will find loads of support from the wonderful women who are in here. Wishing you every success.

If you would like your details posted on the front page just let us know & we can arrange that for you.

Huge hi's to all the lovely women who are in here atm.

sambo16 Guest

hi becG

thanks for your suport this is great, umm i have only been on the met for a week and she has put me on gradualy, so im only taking half at night for a week then half in morning half at night for a week, then half in morning whole at night for a week then i start taking 1 in morning 1 at night, i cant say that i have been getting any side affects, things seem to be going really well, i know what you mean that IVF can be very stressful, and its SOOOOO nice to hear people having babies cause of it, i know that we will have a baby, we have everying that we need, just have to get some one to help put them together, just going there and finding out all these things that are wrong wtih you, i dont have that polly cyctic thing, that a lot of women seem to have, its just that one of my levels were down to 480 and should be 1000 or something along those lines, im not to good with taking in so much info at one time it does my head in hahahahahaahaha,

thanks again for the support and ill try and stay with you all till i fall pregnant and i wish every woman in this forum all the best

thanks again
    SAM \/ O

Shazey, glad the transfer went well & hoping you won't need to go again.

Heather, I was thinking a test would be coming soon....

Sam, I am in Perth also. I guess it all depends on which clinic you are at. I am at Hollywood Fertility Clinic. Though we didn't use ICSI, I do have the costing for it.

Bec, hope it's smooth(er) sailing for No 2, how long does it take to 'prep' up your body/hormones before you start the FET.

Sue, darn computers, we are lucky now we have 2 in the house, couldn't cope with only 1 anymore!

Told DH last night it's just as well we are having our break now. Between spending for DD birthday, Christmas & for me, there'd not be much money left for TTC.

Thinking of you all, take care.

Sambo
    I'm in Perth and have done ICSI. The costings can be provided to you, simply call the clinic, they are very good at letting you know the costs up front. But if your DH has zero count then you will have additional surgery costs for the extraction of his sperm - I'm assuming.

sambo16 Guest

Hi Magic,

im going to fertility north which is in Joondalup, miles from where we live, but its a good place cant beleve how friendly everyone is.

Hi Tam,
    we were told that my hubby had a zero sperm count, but when we were sent to fertility north, we found out that he actually does have sperm, thanks god, cause i couldnt imagin having him go through that procedure, its the last resort any way so the doc told us, but yes i will call them and find out how much it will cost either that or just wait till we go back in january, its still all a bit of a shock that we are going through all this, but i have no doubt in my mind that we will have a little me or little him ahahha.

thanks again for your help

sam \/ O

sambo16 Guest

Magic,

would it be a bother for you to e-mail me the cost list that you have.

thanks again
    sam

hi Sam
    welcome to BB and the joys of assisted conception.

Goodluck starting ICSI cycle - this thread is a bit quieter there is another with a few more ladies - come and join us

Long term TTC & assisted conception - here you will much support as you begin your IVF journey -hopefully ending in a Big fat positive BFP

There is an abbreviations therad which explains all the IVF & BB lingo.

with hope

Trish

confusedegg Guest

Hi Ladies

Anyone watch ACA on 9 tonight.

About the baby doctor?

The company is called The Sharkey Healing Centre

Chris

I saw it and have heard lots about her and a few others - they didn't give enough info

Hi guys just thought I would check in to say hello
    Welcome Sam hope your stay is short
    Hi Trish thanks again for your help the other night
    Hi Magic, Blue, Sushee, and anyone else I missed
    Suzi Q hope your computer is better
    Well I went back to work yesterday and I was feeling quite uncomfortable all day, period like cramps all day, I was worried that the witch was coming only one day after ET, can anyone tell me if this is something to worry about or just part of the awful side effects of IVF
    I know its probably nothing much but I am a little concerned
    Thanks guys

kirsty Guest

Hi guys just locking this thread now......

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678