Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - November 2005 #3

hey Chris I live in Taree, and go through SIVF city clinic in O'connell street Sydney. But sometimes i have had to travel to lingard for bloods or u/s.. but mainly i just head up to SIVF port macquarie. I have EPU and ET's at City clinic... when on IVF i do heaps of travelling..

Hope everyone is well...

love and hugs leisxx

confusedegg Guest

Hi Leis,

Oh My, you must clock some km's when doing ivf. I wouldnt know what would stress me out more, travelling or ttc.

Is Sydney closer? I thought Lingard would be closest to Taree.

My MIL lives in Port Macquarie, nice place.

Nurses at Lingard are great.. especially having to have to put up with patient like me lol...

Chris

I'm going through Albury (RMA) - they have been really fantastic but the 600km round trip from Bendigo is exhausting. And I feel like the excessive travelling can't be helping my chances. I might need to consider transferring to Ballarat IVF if this looks like being an ongoing thing (which I think it will be unfortunately). I have been over there for a scan and they also seem really nice.

Good luck Chris and shazey. It will be great to have someone to count the days with! Mind you my moods go from one extreme to another (within hours!) in this TWW - so you might be sick of me by the time my beta is due! :smt021

Marg

confusedegg Guest

MARGOZ: The weather here is very dissappointing, it is raining and feels very cool. Wow.. That is like travelling from Sydney and back from Newcastle twice over, in one day.. holy crap. I agree with you, travelling, I dont think would be great for the body under such circumstances. If it were me and had opportunity to move closer i would.

Thank you for your wishes on Thursday, my thoughts are with you also.

My moods are the same also, so we can blend in together (ask DH-LOL), I get sick of no one, we all have our good, bad days.

SHAZEY: Thoughts are with you for today and this 2ww.

May we all graduate and get our BFPs this cycle.

Oops.. me on computer and thunder just hit.. (I ducks for cover)

Chris

Marg,
    I have a few friends that have gone throu Ballarat, I was going to transfer but had some frozen embies and to transfer them from clinic to clinic was going to cost $800 so decided to use them up first.
    Shazey,
    [-o< that little one is a sticker, all the best for tomorrow. I will start watering my lucky bamboo for you, don't ask but is producing some good results..lol
    Tam:Hope you are enjoying the time off, With Chrissy time always goes to fast so hopefully it will be a little distracting
    Chris: I know your frustration with the single transfer, but it does work . lol at the 2 hr recovery time. Be thinking of you on Thursday.
    Bee: Sounds like your little fighter is comfortable, Good luck for Friday.
    Bec

Hey guys just thought I would check in and thank you all for your kind thoughts
    Chris the weather was absolutely shocking today and I am with you and Marg my moods are absolutely horrendous at the moment even the girls at work are a bit scared to talk to me because every time someone says something to me I think they are having a go at me. My poor DH is ducking for cover.
    Bec please give that bamboo a drowning for me I need as much luck as possible, DH said today that he dosent want to go through this again so this one has to work (he reckons it will )
    Well I had my little girls dancing concert today and she looked so cute, one song they totally forgot the steps and just stood there looking at each other it was so cute and funny, the next dance they all had wigs on and I couldnt even tell which one she was, it brought a tear to my eye (hormones I think, or just a proud mum)
    Well everything still seems to be going ahead for tomorrow unless they call me in the morning I have a appointment for 1.15 so I will hopefully have 2 little blasts on board tomorrow afternoon.

I hope everyone else is well and I hope we all get BFP very soon

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Shazey - all the very best for you tomorrow with transfer and the rest of 2ww...

:luck:

Hi Chris the reason why i deal with city clinic is my gynie is also my IVF doctor... he knows all my history and it is easier to stick with him. We moved from sydney up here 2 years ago and being a nurse in the public health system i wouldn't use any gynies up here.... not when i work for the health service...they all gossip...

lingard seem good but still happy to travel and stick with my gynie as treating IVF doc.. he is worth his weight in gold and also he still practices as an obs so he can also deliver our baby in sydney.. (wouldn't have it up here either) My Doctors name is David Shelley Jones and he just the best... but i think to being a nurse they treat you differently.. he often bulk bills me .. saves me 90 dollars every visit...

take care love leis

Hi Trish thanks for your wishes
    How are u feeling , has it sunk in yet
    this has been a great month for BFP I think that someone is finally listening to us
    Can anyone tell me how long after ET it was before you went back to work, Im not sure whether to go back on Tues afternoon shift or have an extra day off, I dont really do anything strenuous but it can be emotionally draining sometimes
    Im hoping my little embies will hear the lttle bubs crying and decide to stick around LOL

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Shazey
    see how you feel -I was back at work the same afternoon (our business so I sat and played on computer ).My DH cooked dinner that night with a little help.

The transfer was like a pap smear and I felt fine physically -just an emotional 'case'.

The next day my DH was away from work most of the day and it was my busiest day in months for customers (LOL) -so I had to walk up and down 100m at a time - about 7-8 times.

I was worried my embies would be stressed and I told one lot of guys to hurry up at one stage because I didn't feel well standing out in blazing sun. It couldn't be helped. I wanted to lock the door/gate and hide.

I would take it easy -emotionally and physically- personally after all we go through to get to this point -what is another day off work.

Shazey,
    All the best today! Have given the bamboo a drenching this morning so all is in place..lol
    A girl I know did IVF throu QIVF, and she wasn't allowed to carry shopping(grocery) bags during her 2ww, It always worked for her.
    I went for a job interview after my transfer, that worked! But do what you feel best.
    Good Luck
    Bec

Hi guys I have posted in the other thread but I just thought I would let you all know I now have 2 blasts on board =D>
    Unfortunately there was none to freeze but I know these ones are going to work [-o<
    Bec thanks for drenching the bamboo I will let you know if it works

confusedegg Guest

Hey Bec

How does the interview thing work?

Is it like, if you go for an interview, for new job, If you get it, your preg???

Can anyone tell me if you want to poas, when it is right time to test post transfer? No HCG booster will be used.

Chris

Chris,
    Yeah it was a "funny story". You know when you get so disheartened something in your life has to change. DH was happy that I didn't want to upgrade him, so I decided a career change was good. Thankfully I did so well, by the time the company made a decision I was just over my 2ww,and had POAS so I had to turn it down. But it didn't bother me cause I had little bubs.
    Morning Transfer then drive home about 1hr and then go back to Melb another hr job interview then home.lol little blighter must of enjoyed the travel.
    Bec
    *my last poas came up neg day 11, but positive day 13*
    *but had + on day 11 before

confusedegg Guest

Bec,
    Yep. I know what you mean when your disheartened and something has to change.. That’s something that would most likely happen to me, if I made a career change, i would get the job i want and fall preg. LOL, bubs must have loved the travel.

I have BT 10 days after transfer, so i wouldnt have enough HCG in urine to pick it up before then.

Chris

Blue Sky Guest

Hi All,

Sue has asked that I pass on a message that she’s currently out of action due to computer problems. ](*,) The computer has been at the computer doctors for 10 days – she’ll be back on line as soon as her computer is all better. ](*,)
    :smt024 Get well soon Sue’s computer – we miss you!

Cheers
    H

Blue Sky Guest

My, have I got some catching up to do….

Bee – How are you? Eagerly awaiting Friday?! Only 4 more sleeps pet!

Hi Bec – Are you starting TTC #2? Good luck – hope you’re knocked up quick smart!

Shazey – :bluestick: hope your TWW goes by quickly!

Trish - are you counting your sleeps until your scan?

Marg – Hi! Not sure if I’ve welcomed you before – so Welcome! Am sure you’ll find lots of support in here. Whoaaaah to the traveling. He he he I get grumpy when I have to take 2 trams to get to the clinic from work. :-# Shall count my blessings!

Sushee - hope you’re enjoying your holidays!

Hi Tam, Mel, Kirsty Melinda.

Hi Heather,
    Yeh jumping back into the ole IVF again. I think I'm greedy but I really want to use my snowbubs up and see. Not sure whether I want to do the whole stim thing again!. But who knows. How are you doing?
    I'm glad Sue's puter is hopefully on the mend...recovery vibes to Sue's puter.
    Bec

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast