Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Oct/Nov 2007

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

That's fab news BG! I love it when a new cycle is starting!

i'm kinda excited - but kinda (ok majorly) scared at the same time!

due to my sluggish results to puregon in the past, the FS and nurse discussed dosages today - the gist of the conversation was:
    FS "i'm not sure what dose - 200iu only gave us three eggs - we want more than that"
    Nurse "uh huh"
    FS "well, let's go all out and get what we can - we'll go 300iu - what do you think? do you think that's appropriate for BG?"
    Nurse "hell yeah - her body is predictable"!

this is AFTER telling me they'd initially both been very worried of my PCOS cos it's so severe, but now that they know how i'll react, i'm just "predictable"

Predictable is good, BG. Look where unpredictable got me first time round!

Had acupuncture this evening, had a treatment for the lucrin headaches... I spent a couple of days stressing over whether AF would show... then she showed a day later than expected and is now doing her best to mimic a water fall... I'm seriously tempted to break out the cyklokapron again! ugh! Slept the whole way through my acupuncture session, and feel great now.

BW

Oh wow ive even missed heaps on this thread!!

Firstly Mel a huge good luck today with EPU!!!! All my positive thoughts going your way!!

Lou - Good luck with the scan!

BG - Congrats on getting the go ahead! Yay

Odette - How are you going?

And i am so in for the BFP's B4 christmas!!

Well CD43 here and pretty peeved off, picked up the drugs yesterday and paid hoping it will make things start? Oh well how the mind works! I just want AF to show so i can get this cycle done with one way or the other b4 xmas!

Oh as for EWCM, thats how i can tell if i am getting enough follies or not! My first stim heaps and 11 eggs.. the next not so much and only 3 eggs. But it is crazy and roflmao at you showing DH Mel!

Have a great day ladies

Hey just a quick update...i have just hit a brick wall...residual anaesthetic me thinks.

all over ten minutes...we got 10 eggs. Just praying we get at least one good one that passes the PGD testing on Monday.

A little bit worried cos last time we got 17 eggs, 12 fertilised 10 made it to day 3 but only 2 passed the testing.

Fs says if the bell curve is doing its thing it should swing our way this time and get more pass but still nervous as all heck. I guess at least if we get none we get a free cycle next time.....hows that for positive thinking......hehe

Night guys thinking of you all and sending up prayers every night for all my BB mateys

Hope the PGD goes well, Mel. The free cycle if it doesn't work out sounds nice, but something you hope you never actually have to use.

Shannon, it's just typical, AF never shows when you want her! Hope it works out soon.

Yes, I'm up WAY past my bed time... night out with friends from work, and DH still isn't home from work yet... I'm feeling so nervous about this blood test on Monday - terrified the lucrin hasn't worked... It's so cold lately that I just don't notice the hot flushes any more so I think nothing is happening.

BW

Hi Ladies

Well, if theres room, I'm moving in here with you guys

Absolutely nothing is happening for me ATM, and really hasn't been for a few months... I am so impatient and just sick of waiting!

Am still popping in to the old thread everyday, but there are just so many newbies over there... and they seem to be in there for a cycle and they're on their way to bigger and better things... half their luck!

Nice to be over here with you ladies who know how it feels, so I'm crashing!!!!

Sushee, I'll have to be the painful one who won't allow you to close this thread down before Christmas!

We're looking at stim cycle #5 either Jan or Feb - We're going to Phuket mid Feb for 10 days... and getting married 6th Jan (something we just never got around to doing after spending any sort of spare $$$ on 6 yrs of IVF ).

Still trying to decide when to do the cycle - There was no way I was squeezing one in before the wedding (just too stressful!) - would love to do one straight after, but am thinking its going to be pushing it before we fly on 18th Feb... Not sure at this stage.

Will definately have some appointments happening hopefully in Dec and just go with whatever is recommended I guess.

Am going to call and make an appointment with Dr Sacks and go from there - our clinic here is IVF Aust, and my FS works half at my clinic, half at Chatswood, but he wants to do the next cycle through Chatswood, because they only do EPU one day a week here, and I always have a good number of immature eggs that really needed to be taken a day or 2 later than they usually are... in Chatswood the do EPU every day of the week.

SO!
    We'll see if we can get in to see Dr S and go from there!!

Will pop back in later today to do some personals!

xxx

welcome holly! i'm sure sushee won't mind TOO much having to keep this thread open a little after chrsitmas (and we'll all keep you company even if we have good news before then! what are friends for??)

you're wedding is coming around so quickly! only a couple of month to go - how exciting! and the thailand holiday sounds awesome (you're flying out on our wedding anniversary).

g'morning to everyone else - i'm having a shocker today. decided to do work in the garden last night, which was great, except that i kinda overdid it, had a hypo, and still haven't fully recovered. didn't eat dinner (felt too sick - very bad i know) and slept for 13 hours on nothing more than an ice cream - so eating toast now to try and get things working the way they should again. more gardening today - but i think i'll take some dry bikkies down the backyard "just in case"

ann Guest

Oh sticky vibes to everyone!

We must surely get some BFP's for christmas, go girls go.
    Well.... I have visisted the FS, had a pre IVF scan. Due to take my last BCP on my 40th birthday (15/11). We have 8 embies on ice, and FS wants to thaw the lot and transfer the best two on the 7/12. This will finally give us closure on the whole IVF saga. FS thinks that after the attemps that we have made and 6 yrs TTC with no positive outcome we should hang up our boots. By thawing all of our embies we are not tempted to have "one more go". I think this is the best option for us. We had thought about donating embies, but there are too many legallities connected to doing this. This is why FS has suggested this. So definately our "last go".
    Just a though though. (not expecting anything from this cycle). We are all waiting for a "6" on the roll of the dice. I have "6" repeat prescriptions for pessaries (havent had that before), this is our "6th" attempt, we signed the forms on the "6th"and "6" yrs of TTC. Gee I hope "6" is a lucky number!
    Luv to all as always
    Ann

Good luck, Ann! I really hope that all those sixes mean something very significant this time.

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ann,

That is amazing news, and I'm excited for you! I hope 6 is the lucky number for you too, you deserve it my sweet.

BG hope you're taking it easy.

Welcome Holly. I'm always happy to keep this place open until everyone leaves. I would prefer if people didn't need this place though.

hi all

not much from me

very hung over - big day at the races!!no wins.

i would like to ask - i forgot to take my HRT yesterday - do you think i should take it now? and again at normal time?, im not feeling too good today very dusty, i havent had a drink for ages and i thought bugger it but now im paying aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no idea re the HRT lou - but yay on the big day out!! it's great to just have some time out occassionally!

Ann - i truly hope all those sixes arean omen for you hun

well - i had another big day yesterday - but much better behaved i must admit! relaxed inside til DH got home from work, then out in the garden again - cut down some trees, pulled some roots out with the ute (i lurve being destructive), burnt the old fence and the trees we'd cut down... came inside at a reasonable hour for dinner,then back out for more burning - had a romantic night sitting with DH by the fire - was really nice. slightly ouchie muscles today, but had a lovely sleep in, and now having a quick bite to eat, then back out to the garden for more burning - and putting in our next vegie patch. nothing at all ttc related - but it's keeping me sane waiting for the ivf nurse appointment tomorrow!!

ann Guest

Oh Loula,
    Thats why I dont drink very often, the dreaded hangover. Oh how easily we forget, and then we suddenly remember why we dont drink. Something greasy should do the trick!

On the "6" issue. I have never been superstitious or had any paticular lucky number, and I dont know if "6" actually means anything at all, I just thought that it was popping up alot with this cycle.
    I dont think I would go sooo far as in asking the Dr to transfer "6" though.

Luv to all
    Ann

ah Ann...Where's your sense of adventure!!

ann Guest

I would say I am adventurous, just not THAT adventurous!

Ha Ha
    Ann

i think i'm one of the lucky ones - only ever had one hangover in my life - and that was cos i had red wine before the end of the night - something i'll never do again - i hate the stuff, but was too tiddly to remember that fact! i just get dehydrated something shocking... last night was the first night in ages that i'd felt like having a drink, so had a few cruisers while burning things on the bon fire - was really nice, but today i feel like i've had heaps to drink - am really dehydrated - but i think it's something to do with the combo of alcohol and sweating while we were feeding rubbish into the fire (was a tad bit warmish up close!)

ann - i'm sure 6 embies on board may be a few too many - but hey, if that's what it takes...

Holly - hi hun good to hear from you, hows things with Ant? you back on the herbs? still taking the other meds for the lumps?

BW - saw you other thread - hope it works out with family.

BG so when do you start your jabs? You go girlfriend on the destructive day lol

Mel - wishing you all the best for you PGD, great number xx

Ann - my sweets im loving the positive vibe im getting from you, keep it up hun - when are you set for TF?

well im back on form!!not the worst hangover ive ever had but just so tired and sore feet. my RDO was ment to be tomorrow as i have an appointment with the FS (but i spoke with my nurse and she said that as im in a cycle i wont be able to see him anyway, dorgot to cancil my appointment but canciled my RDO)ooopppps will have to call FS early and cancil!my appointment is ment for 9.30 - do you think they will charge me????

Took the HRT after posting, eaten LOTs and still hungry - trying to get back to being good on the diet but i think after yesterdays blow out its going to be hard. plus need to get fruit and veg and stuff and thats not hppening today lol

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast