Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ January - February 2006

Hi guys thanks for all your support and encouragement I am feeling good about my decision and I did a shift in surgical yesterday it was so good to be amongst bowels, amputations, skin grafts etc (good for me not good for the patient) I am starting to be more relaxed and less stressed and its funny because I can read everyones posts and think hey that was me when I was TTC I didnt realise it at the time.
    Well I know 2006 is going to be a great year not only for me but for all you wonderful girls out there TTC.
    It is great to be able to pop in and say hello and see what you girls are up too.
    Remember no matter how hard it gets you are all supporting each other through these times. There is no friends like forum friends.
    And DH'S as well.
    Keep smiling
    Cassie

skyelar Guest

Cassie I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying your new lease on work!
    Your decision must have been so hard & I wish you every happiness for 2006.

I had my trigger injection last night & it really stung. I have a lot of heat & redness around the injection spot today, it this normal? Gosh I am getting so nervous :shock: I need to be at the hospital at 7.30am tomorrow. I have never been under anesthetic before 8-[ so I am quite worried about how I will go.

Skye

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Skye - are you having a General or sedation - that part it is really nothing to worry about - they will just put a mask on your face, cannula with medication in drip in your hand - you will be off like sleeping beauty -except the Prince doesn't get to kiss you awake - he can hold your hand after it's all over though

Skye - for the trigger injection you could (in future) put a 50 cent coin in the freezer, place it on the spot where you are going to inject, and then inject - numbs it a bit. The sedation is great, I've never felt or been conscious during an EPU here in Perth. However, I was conscious for an EPU with SIVF - :boggle:

Hi Skye, I've been through the procedure twice and both times the trigger injection did really sting - so it sounds like that's the norm. I always found it a bit scary just before having the general anaesthetic but it must be a light dose because once I'm awake I feel fine - no side effects at all.

Will be thinking of you. :flower:

Take care,
    Marg

skyelar Guest

Ohh thank you ladies for making me feel so much better.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of the 50c piece, thanks Magic! Hopefully I won't have to do it all again though!! How clever to think of that!

I am having a GA tomorrow, omgoodness I can't believe you were awake :shock: for it. The idea of the cannula scares me a bit, you'd think after all these needles I'd be ok with one

Marg I am hoping I am the same with no side effects. I have had friends who have woken up violently ill from GA, so fingers crossed I am ok with it.

Poor DH, I have just had to pick him up from the golf course & he is terribly ill. In the 5 years we have been together he has never even had so much as a cold Hopefully he will be ok after a rest as I can imagine little Miss 23 months will be quite a handful if Mummy & Daddy are both out of action

With love & lots of hope
    Skye xo

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Skye,

I had a very light sedation the last time because my asthma was interfering with my breathing at my 4th EPU. While I was still largely knocked out, I do remember coming to a few times during the collection. I don't recall any pain though, so don't be too worried.

The trigger does sting. I don't think there's one woman here who wouldn't agree wtih you there. Sheree, if I'd known about the cold 50 piece thing I would have tried it! Lol!

love
    sushee

You can get a cream that numbs your hand if you are concerned about the canulla - I think it is embla or something - used for kids having needles , (no offense intended of course)

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

LOL - lots of adult ACers use EMLA cream - not cheap though someone told me $18 a small tube but it works well.

The cannula is over and done quick - nothing to be worried about.

skyelar Guest

Ahh yes I have heard of that cream!! My friend used it on her daughters ears before getting them pierced. Will pop over there tonight to see if she has any left!!

Thanks
    Skye

OMG.. how many of us are nurses on here??? I know Trish is... who else??? I hope there isn't something weird flowing across the nations wards that is making us gals infertile!!!!

Good luck my lovely ones....

leis xxx

Accountant = me \/

Occupational Therapist here 8-[

skyelar Guest

Teacher

Optician

Midwife

Melinda Guest

Hello one and all,

I just wanted to come in and post a friendly reminder about our LTAC Posting Guidelines.

I'm sure that you are all familiar with them, but I just wanted to draw your attention to them once again, and to seek your co-operation in adhering to them to ensure that BB remains the friendly and supportive site that it is so well known for.

It's important that we are all sensitive to each other's needs and circumstances.

Skye, wishing you the best for tomorrow, though I figure you're in bed now (but probably not sleeping, lol).
    EPU is different for everyone, except for agreeing on the stingy trigger shot, so rest up heaps & good luck on getting lots of healthy eggies that go on to be bubbies.

Take care

Question for the nurses, do you find it a bit harder since you may have more knowledge about the body, IYKWIM.
    I know I've learnt a lot over the years but not sure if it's different for you guys knowing a lot at the outset. (I'm babbling)

Hopefully one more week of BCP & then AF will visit me.
    I'm getting bored of the wait!!!

Take care all

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast