Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ January - February 2006

Hi there gorgeous Tam, I haven't seen you around for a bit.. or maybe we are just missing each with our posts!!!

Being a nurse and having my IVF i found very difficult particularly when my EPU was very painful.. I was very embarrassed that I cried in front of my gynea... he was very sympathetic and stated that 'yes it is very difficult being on the other side of the fence'...

But I also find that sometimes my gynea will tell me more than the average Jo Blow. He elabarates and goes into more detail because I have the knowledge, and I also worked in Gynea for some years, which I appreciate.

I also find whenever i have surgery, which is prooving quiet often these days, i have a bit of fun with the surgeons and anaethetists before the put me under, eg, I tell them not to talk about me when I am under!!! I think they possibly think I am mad, but they get a great laugh out of it.

Overall I am grateful that I am a nurse going through the IVF/Infertility rollercoaster having all the extra knowledge!!!

Good luck with everything Tam and I think of you often...

Love and hugs

Leis xxx

Hi girls. How is everyone?

Shazey- All the best.

Skye- Thinking of you heaps and have everything crossed for you!!

Magic- I so love the 50c idea. Will use it for sure!

AF arrived today. so have enjoyed a TV and cross stitch day!! I have Blood test on Thursday to make sure everything is A OK to start needles on saturday. scared and excited all in one!!

*** SuziQ tippytoes in ***
    Hi girls
    Just wanted to pop in to say :wave: and wish you all a happy and healthy new year. I'm still lurking about and watching out for you all. Hope all your dreams come true in 2006.
    As for me, I've decided on Greece as my holiday destination in September for my 44th (eek) birthday. It's something else to focus on now.
    BTW Vicki, I sure hope you have aircon to keep your fingers cool whilst doing cross-stitch. Because I'm on the CC as well and it's been stiflingly hot in Green Pt today!!
    Heather - 'best ticker ever' award just has to go to you chook.
    Cheers
    Sue
    *** SuziQ tippytoes back out again ***

SuziQ- Greece sounds divine. I have always wanted to go there. You will have fun just planning it!

I am at Mangrove Mtn. With no air con. ( but really want it!!) The heat has not been too bad today though. I think I slept though the worst part.
    I have been so tired this time round on the Synarel.

Evening Ladies
    I have been MIA since before Christmas due to needing time out as no IVF happening so just wanted to chill out and forget about everything for a while.

AF is starting to show tonight I think finally 2 days late so wonderful timing being on night Shift so shall be booking on for N - FET #3 tomorrow.

We are going to try and speak to Dr before transfer regarding his thoughts on transfering our last 2 embies instead of just one seeing as how one has failed twice now. Not too positive on his saying yes but can only try hey. Hopefully dates are ok for a January transfer just to start 06 off swimmingly.

Hope everyone else's is doing Ok with whatever stage you are at. Catch up soon all.

Blue Sky Guest

Hi Chele - I completely understand about needing a break. It all gets overwhelming after a while. Good luck with your transfer - hope your Dr agrees to transfer 2!

Hi Vicki - good luck with the BT, hope you can get started soon.

Tam - good to see you petal! Hope your AF arrives promptly!

Hi to everyone else! Hope you're all doing well. My what an educated bunch we have here!

Thanks for the award Sue. I'd just like to thank my parents for my crappy genes, my DH for contracting the mumps all those years ago, and to God for blessing me with the strength to see it through! (LOL.. )

Take care,

Hi girls not sure how many of you know me so I'll reintroduce myself. Im Anna, my Dh is Ryan. We are in our early 20s, we live in Perth and have been TTC for around 20 months with a diagnosis of unxplained infertility. We finally got a BFP in Nov that ended in m/c We are slowly losing hope that we will ever fall and stay pregnant. My Dr has been pushing AC since we started seeing him in September, as he thinks it will be our ticket to a BFP. They feel that there is something going wrong in the conception stage that was preventing us from falling, and then for the pregnancy to progress properly. My hubby is loathe to consider AC he is holding out hope we will do it on our own but Im not so sure I can take another 20 months of this hell. I also dont want to give up as its always been my dream to be a Mama and Im ready now.
    I hope you dont mind my asking some ?'s about AC and your experiences.
    What would you do in our positon?
    Can you give an estimate on how much youve spent doing IUI, IVF, clomid (public and in health fund?)
    Do you think we are silly for even considering AC at our age?

I just feel so unproductive, and cant see the point in slugging it out naturally when we could be putting all our energy into something that will most likely be our answer. Our Drs are confident we will have a high success rate due to being healthy and young (just need a little extra kick).
    Plus my parents took 6 years to conceive me (the eldest). I was a clomid baby, although they were waiting on doing IVF. Im scared that will be us
    I appreciate your honesty and help!
    [/b]

skyelar Guest

****SORRY LADIES IT IS A SCROLLER**** LOL

Hi Anna! I am sorry to hear that you are on this TTC rollercoaster. I am 26, so considered 'young' to be using AC as well.
    Have you had tests for PCOS, endo, DH's sperm? I have PCOS & DH has high abnormal sperm & low motility.

We conceived our DD after 15 long months of TTC & this time around I didn't want the long wait again. We tried ourselves for number 2 for 12 months before seeing my Dr for help. I was put on Clomid for 8 months & ovulated well everytime. Unfortunately DH & I couldn't get it together, even with OPU & temping so we moved onto IVF. We have chosen to do an ICSI cycle & I am currently on the dreaded TWW!!

It is hard if your hubby is reluctant. Luckily for me my DH was happy to go ahead with whatever the Dr recommended for us as a couple. Maybe if you could get him to go to an appt with you he'd get a better idea of what is involved. I found my DH had a mourning period I guess, as he was sad that the act of conceiving a child naturally & spontaniously was taken away from him/us.

I will do my best to answer your questions.

What would you do in our positon?
    * Go to the Dr & seek advice. Be prepared when you go in. I found I needed to be assertive in my decisions due to my age. Some Dr's were like 'ohh but you are so young' so know what you want. They are there to help you remember. The Dr I have now is AMAZING! We love him!!

Can you give an estimate on how much you've spent doing IUI, IVF, clomid (public and in health fund?)
    * Cloimid costs around $35 I think for 2 months worth. We did this for 8 months so for the Clomid we have spent $140.
    My ob/gyn is $60 a visit, but I get a portion back. My IVF Dr is $200 for initial consult, then $130 for susequent consults (again with medicare rebate). Luckily I have private health cover so they pick up day surgery fees etc. To do an ICSI cycle with my clinic we pay $2990 upfront, actual out of pocket costs are $578 after medicare rebate.

Do you think we are silly for even considering AC at our age?
    * No I do not!! Go with your heart & I wish you all the very best.

Dh sperm were tested at the 10 months mark and were normal. I dont have PCOS or Endo (even though it was previously thought I did have endo - long story ](*,) ) I think my Dr knows Im so tired of all this, it just isnt happening month after month and then when we finally do it it ends in miscarriage, first go. What are the odds of that? I know when I ovulate we dtd every second day from the time AF leaves til the time AF returns and still nothing. We are both evidently young and healthy and my Dr reckons I have one of the healthiest, prettiest wombs he has ever seen Fat lot of good it does me. We were told the success rate for couples like us in IVF is super high because sometimes its just a case of needing extra help in the fertilisation part. They think the m/c for us was a bad egg and sperm combo, which is a worry. Bad eggs at 21? Sheesh Im already on the shelf
    Thanks for your advice, if we do IVF through our Dr we wont pay a cent going off your price guide. He is a private OBGYN/Fert Spec and does a great deal with our fund.
    I feel better about it now!

Hello everyone. Hope you are all well.

Chele- I totally understand you needing space. I go from needing space to needing someone who understands to talk to. The whole roller coaster ride to so tiresome isn't it. Please let us know on how many eggs you have transfered. I have had 4 ET, the first one with 1E ( only as that is all I got on the first round. ) then the other 3 were with 2 eggs. I was able to have 2 transfered due to my age. I fell pregnant twice both times only 1 baby. ( unfortunatly m/c both) My Doctor said that having 2 transfered only gave me an extra 35% chance of falling pregnant. So I totally understand why you would want 2 Transfered. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.

Heather- thanks for the wishes. I am so grateful to you and all the girls here for such wonderful support.

Anna- Hello! My GP told me that once you have been trying to concevie for 12 months with no BFP than you are concidered infertile. That doesnt mean that you cant BFP naturally. But it was time to look at other options. I was ready to go straight to A/C. We were refered straight away to the IVF clinic. We had all the tests and tried clomed first. it did not work for me at all, and DH learnt that he had poor swimmers. So we had to go straight to the IVF cycles. My DH was not ready for that, so we went to a nauropath for 2 years. Then made the decision to start the IVF. I really wish I had started sooner. But more importantly I needed DH to be 100% with the decision. I dont think you are silly in the slightest wanting to start AC. Talk to DH, than talk to Dr than go with your heart!!!
    I spend more than skyelar with my treatment. I cant remember off the top off my head. I have the ICSI plus blastocyst. I am out of pocket around $2000. But it is well worth it.

Skye - I have everything crossed for you. the TWW goes so long doesn't it. Are you feeling ok now? I am so sore for a while after EPU.

Hi ladies.. I hope everyone is doing ok.. sorry i have taken a little bit of time out lately... but i still love to pop in on your guys...

Well I have just heard the most wonderful news about one of my very good friends. Trish and her DH had been trying unsuccesfully for 6 years for a baby. Clomid x8 rounds BFN, 2 rounds of IVF with nil success, endo, PCOS and loop cone biospy really made Trishs chances of a natural conception minimal. Trish and I have both been taking herbs Trish from Sharkeys and myself from Fertile Mind and Body. Trish started taking hers in October last year and I have been taking mine for about 3 weeks.

I was chatting with her on the phone yesterday and we were comparing 'herb notes' and commenting on how wonderful we both feel on them. Trish no longer has her headaches and I miraculously had a period with NO pain. Trish stated that although she loved the herbs they had put her cycle out of whack and she hadn't had a period since November. I asked her if she thought that by some miracle she could be 'up the duff'... she laughed and said 'oh good one'

Today she calls me.... I poas... I'm freakin pregnant!!!!!! We were both crying so much and laughing together.... we just can't believe it.. her doctor rushed her beta HCG through this morning and it is huge, she also had an u/s this arvo and all is well... they think she is about 7-8 weeks!!!!!

Girls, I was such a big sceptic of herbs, energetic healing and all the parafanalia that went with it... however in the last week i have had some major life changing experiences.. and I can't explain them!!!! Trish's success was just the icing on the cake!!!!

Take care and believe in your heart and soul

Love and hugs

Leis xxx

skyelar Guest

Oh Leis what wonderful news for your friend! How amazing after all this time she joked how she couldn't possibly be pg & she was!
    I have a huge smile on my face now :smt038 That is just great!

So glad to hear those herbs are making you feel fantastic.
    Did your DH get a transfer to the Coast?

Take care xox

Hi Skye

I know I can't wipe the smile off my face either.. it is just the best... and she has given me so much support throughout my TTC rollercoaster that I couldn't think of a better person to deserve this. I think it is just the name Trish (babyamore) LOL

DH's application doesn't close until the 3 feb. He is madly cursing and swearing about completing his application/submission. You nearly have to have a PhD in 'wordsmithing' to write the thing. LOL...

How are you travelling skye???

love and hugs

leis xx

skyelar Guest

LOL @ your Hubby!

I am good thanks Leis sitting out this TWW I am on holidays as well so it is making for loooong days in front of the puter

Awww Blue
    Hang in there. Strength? You have it in bucket loads chookie.
    Love
    Sue

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Leis- wonderful news about your friend 'Trish', you just never know what might happen.

Hi SuziQ -how was your beach holiday ? Greece does sound wonderful.

Blue -how are you going ? been thinking about you.

Goodluck Daisy -for starting a new cycle

Goodluck to everyone else at your various stages stimming and 2wwing

sararms Guest

Hello Ladies

I often pop in and read the posts in this thread. I have never joined in here because I have not being having AC for 12 months....yet!

I've only had one fresh cycle and one frozen cycle, but am interested in any advice the more experience ladies among you can give.

Is anyone on Vitex, and if so, is it recommended to come off it when taking hormones for IVF? What other therapies (for want of a better word) would you recommend to get me to that positive result.

For Skye and Anna. I am considered young as well at 28. However ( and this is what I keep telling people), I'm not going to 28 forever. I want to get on with it so I can have a baby I can run around with and enjoy, and maybe even still be young enough to have another baby a little later.

Having said that my sister had her second baby at 36 and she's younger than me if you know what I mean!!

Leis- what great news about your friend.

I went to a kinesologist 3 months ago and was put on some herbs/vitamins - vitex is in it along with other stuff. Anyway I have been feeling great since taking them. We have been going ala naturale with temping to detect O. No BFP yet but I'm hopeful.

With regards to vitex and IVF, if you are stimming then vitex can contradict the ivf drugs. Having said that, I know a woman who used vitex in a natural fet and fell miraculouse pg.

Morning ladies.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast