Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ January - February 2006

My transfer is on next Friday, pessaries are to start tomorrow taking 2, 3 times a day. I asked about extra P4 testing (after what happened last cycle) but they wouldn't/didn't budge. Not sure if I'm settled on that one but I'll just play it out and hope for the best.

I suppose that's all you can really do Tam.
    Don't blame you for feeling nervous after what happened to you last year. I'm still hoping your situation gets written up in some medical journal somewhere. Bet my bottom dollar it won't though. The fact that things like that can happen really needs to be made known. I know, I certainly didn't believe it would have been possible.
    I have everything crossed for you chicken.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tam - my local GP was very happy to do progesterone testing - just seriously explain your concerns and tell them you want HCG monitoring as well - medicare bulk bills it - I had a few done

Hopefully ask Dr to either bulkbill you too (after your recent tragic loss I should think they would be very sympathetic ) or send you to pathology place that bulk bills with a consecutive series of request forms.

Goodluck Chele & Tam you too -

thinking of all you lovely ladies

Thanks for the thoughts.
    Just talking to DH about it & we thought maybe last cycle could be disregarded in that respect because it was sooo freaky. I still have so many unanswered questions from it.

I'll get back on that horse & hoping to ride it off into the sunset.

And I'm going Platinum. DH asked me when I was going to get a spunky chick near my name, lol. Also we agreed that the money was totally worth it, with all the support I've had

Chele- sending you heaps of sticky vibes. Will be thinking of you this morning. late October is right. LOL. I did my dates too. Came up with 4th of November. I know it wont be that but will be close. I thought I was the only one counting chickens before they hatched! DH shook his head when I told him dates. he said wait for the BFP befoer you worry about dates. I cant help but dream!!!

Tam- my trigger is at 11pm. Wow you are having way more pessaries than I did. ( and am). Sory I cant remember you history. But you know after M/C 2 you really read everything you can find. I am worried about prgestorone levels too. I had HCG support this last week but thats it. Spoke to DR and he said it was unnessarasy to have it after. But in my mind, how do they know when I have had no blood tests thoughout pregnancy. How can he be sure it is not a problem? I do plan to see my GP about it. She told me I can have as many tests as I wanted. Mind you we were talking about Thyriod ones at the time. I just think I will worry less having the tests done. I am sure once you explain to you GP He or she will be happy to requests the tests.

Suzi Q- Hunters Hill. I rather have the early morning than to walk 3 blocks!! But thats life. I just think it is so crazy that the hospital has so little parking.

I have a confession to make...I haven't been on here for so long that I forgot where I lived... 8-[ It kind of makes sense now that I hardly recognised any of the names in LTTTC and AC but wasn't until I decided to have a look around the other forums that I realised I was lost! So here is my other post anyway... Good luck to everyone having pick ups/transfers and everything else in the next week or so.

Hi lovely ladies!

First of all congratulations to Sheree and Sky. Well done and hopefully this is the start for all of us. Secondly, hi and welcome to all the new visitors. I call you visitors not because you don't belong here but because hopefully your stay is short Here's what I've been up to... remember before Christmas I had the BFP and then it turned out to be an empty sack? Well, to cut a long story short, AF turned up just before Christmas which meant I didn't need to have a curette and then a couple of weeks ago I went to see Dr to formulate the "2006 action plan". We had it all worked out and I was just about to walk out the door and swallow my first pill and I said something that made his ears pr*ck up (can't even remember what it was). He looked at me and said we'd better just do a quick scan to see what was going on and lo and behold there was my lovely empty sack still intact!! A curette followed the week after and a blood test yesterday to make sure my levels were back down to normal and hopefully next week I get to swallow that pill! I'm not sure if I'm in some kind of denial about it all or just in a really good place but I feel great at the moment. I feel like whatever happens happens and all I can do is give it a go. I know if it doesn't end up happening for me it won't be for lack of trying. It probably helps that we are going to the world cup in June and I get my yearly dose of London on the way AND after my enforced exile from synthetic hormones over Christmas I've lost 6kgs without even trying and I'm now back to what I was before I started this.

PS For those of you who remember the drama with my puppy - as of yesterday she is off the drugs. Fingers crossed she stays good

Hey Bee, I've missed you!
    Glad you're feeling good - even if it is denial, doesn't matter! Live in the moment I say and try not to analyse things too much. After that long drawn out experience you had last year you deserve to feel happy.
    Hope 2006 turns out better for you. Glad pupppy is on the road to recovery too.
    London? Ah, love London! Lucky girl.
    Vickie, I'm with you 100% about HH's lack of parking. I forget now, are you with Dr Quinn? I asked him all the same questions about P4 monitoring. He believes that if it's a healthy embie it will stick, if the levels aren't right, then the circumstances aren't right for that embie in the first place IYKWIM? Mind you, I did ask him that question while he was doing the catheter thing so I don't think I had his full attention!
    Cheers
    Sue

Ditto there with after transfer follow up bt's.
    I am back and only took 1 go to put embie back this time and it is an 8 cell. My p4 doubled up to 38 on thu so dr says no need for follow up as everything is gr8 seeing as how it is a natural fet cycle. TMI to follow - He said he wiped the mucus away beore inserting catheter which helps as embie may stick in tube if lots of mucus there well this month I have had L O A D SSSSSSSSSS of it the last couple days especially which I ment to him and he said good may help this little one stick around for the next 8 1/2 mths. So BETA is 18/2. So glad it is a Sat so don't have to go to work till mon morning. inkstick:

thats fantastic news Chele. Hope you are keeping you feet up, relax and I am sending you sticky vibes!!!!

SuziQ- yes I am seeing Dr Quinn. Part of me knows he is making sence, but still it is hard to see reason when you heart is on the line. Being such a worry wort doesnt help.!

Vicki, I'm surprised they won't monitor you post transfer considering you've had 2 mc. Were they both IVF pg? Sorry if you've already posted that info and it's difficult to repeat. We may have been cycling around the same time. Who knows, we might have been sitting in the waiting room together and didn't realize it!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

:bluestick: inkstick: Chele
    Grow embie grow and please stick tight.

Bee- missed you too- glad you are back and feeling lighter and ready to rock and roll in 2006. I am sorry to hear you had to have D & C after all.

kirsty Guest

Just locking this thread now ladies, new one is here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678