Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ June 2006

Shazz, yah on the transfer going well. I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when my embies first go in. Very protective. then the worry takes over. Hoping for a speedy TWW for you.

Ann, the wait is awful isn't it, hang in there, can't remember your beta date, hope it's coming close.

Marg, hoping all is well with you too.

And I hope all you other beautiful people in here/visiting are also going well.
    I'm just cruising, got abosolutely no idea what CD I am, & quite frankly don't care.
    Take care.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the break Tam! Crusing along is such a relief sometimes...

Just home from Ballarat and ducking in to post a quick message - had 50% success rate which they tell me in other cases is great - but in my case I was hoping for 100% considering my low numbers. 4 follies resulted in 2 eggs, resulting in 1 fertilised and 'transferred on board'! I know there was a chance I could have ended up with none so I guess I'm still lucky I got one good one. The weird thing is that they said the second egg was dividing too quickly! Strange.

Also wanted to say, NEVER have a laparoscopy OPU! Holy cow! I didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was! :eek: Still sore today so will be having a relaxing weekend I think.

Good luck and the best of wishes to the other ladies in the TWW. xoxoxoxo

Marg

Marg and Shazz - I have everything crossed and sending you both much sticky Vibes.

Anne- thinking of you and hoping all is going well. Sticky vibes to you too!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I wish you all a great weekend!

Marg - thats awesome news that you now have a littlie on board! Tonnes of sticky, dividing and conquering vibes coming your way. Know what you mean about lap being so painful. Both times I have had them I was in a fair amount of pain for a few days - so you take it easy and relax all you can, ya hear!?

good luck marg and i am praying that this will give you a BFP... love leis xx

Fingers crossed Marg!!!

Shazz.
    xx

Thanks so much for the positive thoughts - I don't know how I'd survive without you guys and BB.

Hi Keen - I can certainly sympathise with you regarding a lap. They did explain it all to me before hand but I don't think I really understood how painful it was going to be - especially the shoulder pain!!! Thankfully that only lasted two days and now I just have the sore tummy to contend with - but at least it is improving. Thu and Fri I vowed NEVER EVER to go through this again! Then by late Sat I was thinking I'd PROBABLY go through it again if the numbers and odds were better (ie. at least 10-12 follies). All I can say is all of us women are amazing for what we go through - and it means so much to know that there are wonderful women on this board who know what I'm going through. (I think the transfer and drugs is making me all mushy today!!! LOL! :eek:

Hi Shaz & Ann - sending heaps and heaps of your way. xoxo

And a big to everyone else too. xoxo

Marg

Shazz and Ann - good luck girls.

Marg, I hope the associated pain was all worth it and that you will have success on this cycle. Why did they do a laparoscopic OPU? Is this the usual procedure at Ballarat? I have a friend doing GIFT at the MACC and they do this with her procedure.

Thinking of all you ladies.

Mel

Hi Mel, in my case my ovaries are up fairly high and to the side - could be the result of the fibroids I had and still have - as they cause the uterus to enlarge and other organs can be pushed out of the way. Even though I've had the worst of them removed apparently my uterus is still an 'odd shape' and has some scar tissue (and sorry if TMI but I also seem to have a very long cervix!). For that reason the gynea at Ballarat found it really difficult to get to my follicles via the normal way - so to ensure no eggs were missed - he decided to go in via a laparosocopy. I'm grateful that they are giving me the best chance possible BUT at the moment I REALLY don't want to go through an OPU via a lap again!!! Of course I know that is likely to change if it means a chance to be a mum one day.

I don't think OPU via lap is that common - at least at Ballarat they said I was only the fourth woman ever to have it done that way! Sometimes I like being unique - other times I'd rather everything just go nice and simply with no uniqueness at all!!!

Marg

Hi Marg.. hope you are doing ok... I know my surgeon said to me that i might have to have a lap to get my eggs out, but after my last op, he said no just general anaesthetic. He originally thought i may need one, due to the way the endo had distorted all my ovaries and how everything in there sits... No doubt about us girls, we certainly do things the hard way!!! All the best honey.. love leis xx

Greetings from Bendigo
    I'm down here visiting in laws. Having a lovely time.
    Thinking of you in particular marg as you must be somewhere near by. Will be sending you sticky vibes left right and centre as we drive out of here back towards Canberra today.

Hi everyone else.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ann, is your bt today hunny? If it is, sending you a tonne of good luck!

Oh Gee Sush, I sure hope it is and that she gets herself that wonderful result!! Everything crossed for everyone!

Hi Kar - hope you enjoyed your visit to Bendigo. At the moment I'm not sure which is colder, Bendigo or Canberra! It's way too frosty for me!

Ann - thinking of you. xoxo

Leis - how is your recovery going? Hope you're feeling fitter and healthier every day. xo

As for me, finally feeling a lot better - still have a sore belly button but at least I can move around without going ooooh/ouch all the time! Keep thinking I'm already feeling pre-AF symptoms but telling myself it's too early to think either good or bad thoughts just yet - but then I guess that's the TWW for you!

Hope everyone is well. xo

Marg

Marg - Thanks for the explanation. Lets hope its all worth it for you in the end.

And Ann ... fingers crossed for you.

Marg - after each of my laps I have also experienced what felt like pre AF, so hoping it is just the result of that...

Yep same Marg, after all my laps i too have felt like i was getting the old girl,so i wouldn't read into it to much honey... actually from the time i started FSH until i got BFN i felt like i was getting AF also, so it can just be the hormones...

love leis xx

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast