Thread: Westmead Fertility Center

Default Westmead Fertility Center

Just wondering if anyone here has dealt with Dr Smith at WFC??

Last time ('06) we saw Nalini Gayer but Dr Smith has had a cancellation which meant we could get in sooner and he would see us as a follow-up and not charge us as new patients.

I found that Nalini was a little abrupt and we sometimes felt uncomfortable seeing her. Can anyone tell me what Dr Smith is like??

Thanks

I hate complaining about a Dr especially when some people find them wonderful but be warned.

I saw Dr smith in september last year and was appauled at his lack of concern and care . We went to him in a plea to see what else could be done and all I was told it was a numbers game and there isnt much else he could do for us. H ealso said it was likely that we were just one of those couples who may be incompatible to have kids. What a load of ****!!! He wouldnt even investigate my thyroid condition or the fact that I spot from day 21-18. He said I didnt need hormonal support and just keep going with natrual cycles. Well I definately was not impressed with his attitude and laziness.

I changed clinics in december and have had a great Dr care about us enough to diagnose a possible immune factor in our infertility. He also said it is obvious I need hormonal support and he would not dream of doing IVF on me without it.... Everything is a trial but at least DR S has given us hope and somewhere to start from and lots of positive vibes. Who knows if the treatment we are currently doing will end in a BFP but at least we are actively doing something..

I think Dr Smith would be good for people who present with a clearcut problem but dont expect him to investigate anything deeper...........

Hi Collo04.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with Dr Smith. The reason I asked was because I remembered hearing a similar story about him in the past. Its amazing how someone like that can become the Director of a clinic!! I suppose the only thing in our favour is that we've had treatment at WFC in the past so we know what has worked for us and hopefully it will work again. I would have waited to see the Dr we saw last time but the wait for her was at least until May.

Thanks so much for your honesty. I wish you every luck with your current treatment and hope it brings you a precious baby soon :hugs:

Thats ok !!!! I hate bagging drs out because they obviously know alot more than we do but sometimes they just become complacent and stuck in their ways. You need to jolt them some times because Only we know our bodies better than anyone else. Good luck with everything...

Default Positive experience with Dr Smith

I know it has been a long time since the last post but thought i'd share my story anyway.

My husband and i saw Dr Smith after 2 miscarriages. We looked towards IVF as we didn't want to play the waiting game any longer and felt better knowing we were doing something.

We both saw Dr Smith and found him lovely.

I was and still are a very nervous type of person and found that Dr smith took us very seriously and listened to both of us and our concerns and wishes. He organised for us both to have quite a few tests done to look for explanations for the previous miscarriages. All came back clear.

My husband also has a low sperm count and Dr Smith was very 'delicate' in this area and looked after the male ego very well.

We ended up going through IVF at the clinic and are both really glad we did. Still visiting to this day.

Just thought I would share that.

I think sometimes that there is a Dr out there for all of us. He seemed to be what we were looking for but can completely understand that he may not be the right Dr for everyone.