Thread: What do you think?

Question What do you think?

When people say that they fell Pg after 6 rounds of IVF do you take this to mean 6 full IVF cycles or a mix of FET and fresh ET???
    The reason I am asking is because a lady said in a magazine that she fell after 12 rounds of IVF (and to be honest I thought that she meant 12 full IVF rounds then I got to thinking, maybe she has lumped in her FET in that count?)
    Then Jessica Rowe said she had her daughter after 4 IVF attemps, so is that one full round with a fresh and then 3 FET?? I would imagine so. I know it depends on your results and how many snowbubbas if any you have but in general do you count FET as well as Fresh ET when you think about how many IVF goes you have had?? Am just curious so i can understand it better.
    TIA

I find this all too confusing too

I am currently waiting to start my 11th IVF cycle (including FET and two canceled stim TF after EPU)

When i saw a new FS he said 11 - what full cycles i then had to correct him and say no 4 full stims

But how do you keep count - i mean i am lucky enough to have got to the point with FETs and am great full of that.

so i count every one

Quote Originally Posted by Kimnastics View Post
    FET's are still an emotional roller coaster and an assisted attempt at conception, so not sure why it wouldn't count separately.
    good point Kim!

my FS told me about a couple who had done 37 IVF cycles over 10 years (they fell pg with twins on last one) and i think they were a mix of both FETs and stims.

for me there has been no misunderstanding as all of mine have been stims - never had any snowbabies for FETs (yet!)

i think, from a "commercial" standpoint, they would include FET's as "IVF cycles" - to be honest, the average Joe wouldn't know the difference, and it wouldn't be viable to include too much information in a magazine article or news report.

when i talk on BB i talk about the different types of cycles - IUI, stim cycle, FET - but in general, people outside of BB just get told we're trying another IVF cycle. even when i was doing IUI, i grouped it as "IVF" for most people - it's too hard to explain the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post

when i talk on BB i talk about the different types of cycles - IUI, stim cycle, FET - but in general, people outside of BB just get told we're trying another IVF cycle. even when i was doing IUI, i grouped it as "IVF" for most people - it's too hard to explain the difference!
    absolutely BG, i get exhausted trying to explain the differences outside of BB! the media certainly gets it wrong a lot of the time which means we then have to unexplain what people think is going on because they read it in New Idea...

I've always wondered about this one. And I really can't figure out how to count it for me. I've had four IVF transfers, but they've all been FETs. I've done two stim cycles, but wasn't able to transfer on either of them. Have I done 4, 6, or 2 IVF cycles?

I think I'm even more confused now!

BW

I would count it as each cycle you do whether it be stim, fet, iui or whatever - lets face it IVF charges you per cycle undertaken. And the other girls are right it is the same emotional rollacoaster each time, so much expectation goes into each cylce - so much of ourselves go into each cycle. Wishing us all good luck and