Thread: Dominant Follicle

kellrobryan Guest

Default Dominant Follicle

Hi Ladies and good morning to you all
    well got my report back on the ultra sound and says that everything looks great but i do have
    1.8CM DOMINANT FOLLICLE
    can someone please help me what this all means ???????
    i have looked up on the net and by what i have worked out it seems you get the Dominant one just before you O but i could be wrong
    when i had this ultra sound done i was on day 3 of af so i wouldnt have thought i would O untill anouther 2 weeks
    I started my 5th round on clomid yesterday and im up on 100mg now so lets hope all this works this mth so i can get off CLOMID
    good luck whaen are we all due to test
    we need a few more BFP for X -mas
    take care
    kell

update
    Hi all
    i went to the gyno and he said not to sorry about it been 1.8 cm as it could be from my last period or it could be growing into a good one
    i dont know but i am back on 100mg for anouther 3 mths and if i have no luck falling i have to go see a F/s after that
    lets hope we all get to see those 2 lines soon
    kell

Last edited by kellrobryan; December 18th, 2007 at 09:10 AM.

Kell,

yeah, dominant follicle usually means the largest follicle on the ovary before ovulation. But I was also like you and had large follicles during AF, which actually turned out to be cysts... I don't have any advice though, just letting you know. Have you asked your dr why you have a DF during AF?

kellrobryan Guest

Thanks for the reply
    wow its good to know someone is like me lol
    no i havent spoke to the doctor yet as i dont see him untill next monday
    Can i ask what they did for you or what your doctor said about it all
    kell

Kel, well that was the confirmation he needed for PCOS. I had the blood tests done, and he did a scan which showed follicles on CD2, when there really shouldn't be. I was put on the pill, but thats because we hadn't finished fertility investigations. I'm not much help with what he might do, but when I got cysts during the Clomid/IUI treatment, the dr just waited them out.