Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question re trigger

Default Dumb question re trigger

I have my trigger date next Tuesday it is a FET cycle so it doesnt matter what time it is adminstered BUT can someone tell me on the day of the trigger do you still do your Puregon or Gonal F. I'm sure I dont and the last injection is Monday
    Ta
    Bec

Hi Bec,

No, you take the puregon up until the day before, then the clinic tells you to do the trigger shot and you don't use the puregon/gonal F again.

Thanks Gargy it is all so new but so old iykwim.
    So last inj would be Monday then Trigger tuesday
    Another question to people that do prog support in 2ww, I'm sure I use to take a prog pess with me to insert straight after transfer. I know alot of people use cirone(sp) now so if you are still an oldie like mecan you please help.
    Bec
    Should of talked about this to the nurse today rather than reading my file which I found very interesting like a trip down memory lane 6 yrs ago I started IVF next week no wonder I cant remember

Can't help with the second question, but can SO relate to having the deja vu experience - although mine was only two years ago.

DH and I were looking at the puregon going 'how is this done again? Oh yeah, that's right.'

I'm glad they've changed the trigger shot though - was very unsure two years ago when you had to break the glass and mix the medications together in the vial before scooping it up and then injecting! Also caused less of a bruise too (and I'm sure it was a smaller needle this time!)

Hope everything goes well for you!

Bec, I started on my crinone the night of transfer (then switched to the pessaries) I had transfer around 1pm i think?

Nic

Gargy: OMG lol I found my sharps container and here in it was my old "profassi" the one you mixed, I felt like a nurse doing that one pmsl. FS gave me osterdial sp with the air bubble.
    Nic: Thanks can you use a combination? Or was there a reason for the swap?
    Guee I have no idea ROFL, I have learnt more in the last hr than in the last month
    Bec

We had 2 FS, one who looked after us with u/s, meds etc, then we had to travel 1000klms for pick up and transfer with FS#2.
    FS#2 put me on the Crinone for the TWW, and I called FS#1 when we got a +ve to ask what I should do and he switched me to the pessaries up till week 10/11. I think FS#1 thought the Crinone wasn't worth the added $$?
    They were charging $180 for 1 box of 15 of the Crinone, and I was doing them twice a day, but the pessaries were $100 for 30.

Goodluck with everything Bec Will be thinking of you

Nic

Thanks Nic,
    Yeah I prefer the pessaries although I have never done the Crinone I have to be on prog for 12 weeks so saving $80 a fortnight would be enough to sway me

Weird, I just checked back & I had to do all the injections on trigger day. I wonder if it's different becuase it's an FET?

I had this in my journal
    Meds: Lucrin Injection, Puregon Injection & Pregnyl Trigger Injection....... I have to have my Puregon & Lucrin injections at 5.15pm as per normal then at 10.45pm tonight I have my Pregnyl trigger shot.

Sarah,
    Because all the folis are being sent into the fallopian tubes and not being retrieved it wouldnt really be a big issue whether I do FSH maybe just to get a few more mm's in your sizes. I know I have to have 3 days for all the folis to release making Tuesday trigger and Friday FET in the morning.
    Forgot how it feels to be a infertile woman living in a scientific world, wish I could have sex and it be done with it LOL

Hey Bec,

I have always done the pessaries the night of transfer.

Goodluck for the transfer....

Bec - I used pessaries starting the night of transfer until confirmation of prg.

Sarah/Bec - I'm pretty sure I did a gonal f injection (I didn't use puregon, not sure why) on the day of my trigger too (trigger was done at 11pm). I know the gonal f dose was lower than normal though because my levels were right up at that point and they didn't want me to hyperstimulate.

Good luck Bec - got everything crossed for you!!

Ooooh ok so with an FET they grow the follies like in a stim cycle but then just release them with the trigger so they re-absorb? I'm going to have to learn all of this stuff for when we do our FET!

(sorry to hijack)

I have done cycles where I started pessaries before transfers but after OPU and not in the AM of the actual FET, I'll think I'll start the night of transfer and because I'm on the low end of dosage snigger 75iu will give myself a jab Monday and trigger Tuesday AM, I'm sure that is what the nurse said to me anyway just didnt have my diary with me
    Thanks Lulu and Willow it is bizarre having this sort of support...when I was doing it in my previous life my support was DH( I'm sure the internet was very new pmsl) and he got embarassed about anything that had to do with vaginas

Sarah they do it for me.. it is an experiemental cycle they did and it worked to get Eliza. Normally you are either on a natural which they wait for LH levels and transfer. Or a medicated with progonova estrogen to thicken the lining for a transfer, and then there are a few other different methods.
    I always had good results post OPU's and this mimicks that except the surgery. And the eggs just float and absorb

Thanks Bec, helpful as always

Hi BecG, can't believe that you are almost there, trigger is schedule...well done..

Sorry didn't have any experience in FET that needs trigger so no help there, but just want to wish you the best of luck for your transfer!! and sticky vibes.

XX

I know..I dont see the FS till Friday (transfer) so it is a goer cause he cant cancel the cycle if he dont see me .
    How you holding up, you are often in my thoughts.
    Bec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast