Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb question re trigger

Thanks Bec...it took me a while to gather my strength, emotion and $$ and we are in the middle of our 2nd IVF stim cycle now...

Currently jabbing as well and its my day 10. I am praying trigger will be this week some time and fingers crossed for everything goes smoothly and we will end up with a few snow bubs if not a pregnancy...I have been playing quite low key this time and not wanting to put too much expectation into the whole thing, IYKWIM

Seems that you and me will be TWW buddies, see u around hun and will be checking on you

Just read this again and thought it may have to do with the procedure or timing.

I'm doing IUI so therefore need a lower dose of puregon.

Also, I was doing the shots at night time and the trigger shot was 4pm the next day, so therefore didn't need a puregon shot after that.

Hope that has made it a little clearer...

Default that's a relief

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post

I'm glad they've changed the trigger shot though - was very unsure two years ago when you had to break the glass and mix the medications together in the vial before scooping it up and then injecting! Also caused less of a bruise too (and I'm sure it was a smaller needle this time!)

Hope everything goes well for you!
    Have they changed it, oh that's sooooo good that was the one thing that was really worrying me about doing another egg harvest if I have to as I really don't cope with the needles I think I can just about manage the trigger shot on my own , but I used to take the powder vials one to casualty at the hospital cause I'm such a fraidy cat DH got sick of me second guessing him and flinching the whole time (i kept telling him I could see air bubbles in the injection LOL)

Alllie,
    This one has a perm air bubble that you leave in it as it leaves a pocket so no injection oozes out very clever but the nurse told me it does hurt LOL dont they all

I think the other girls have answered all your questions Bec, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! I will have everything crossed for you!

Very interesting that they have changed the trigger and no more vials....am I reading that right? That part was soooo nerve wracking. But then, there are so many nerve wracking parts to this aren't there.

I hope you have an easy TWW.

Jodie,
    It is one injection no mixing powder and saline, I had it this morning no puregon as my FET is early Friday. Now all I have to worry is whether they will defrost! They have been there so long I am worried. Do they let you know when you ring for transfer time or do you just turn up?
    Thanks for the well wishes I need lots of luck and am taking it all !!
    TWW is torture and many many HPT will be done.
    Bec
    Mr ClearBlue is upgrading to a private jet next week thanks to me

Default trigger shot

I'm with Monash IVF and I had EPU only 2 weeks ago for my 2nd stim cycle. We still had to mix the 3 vials (powder, liquid, powder) for my trigger shot.

I also get very stressed when DP mixes the vials, keep questioning him and worrying that he's not doing it right and that something will go wrong!

I know that the embryologists at IVF Australia have called me to let me know about the thaw. It was agony waiting for that phone call, but was better than having to wait till I had turned up on the day.

I got my mum to do the trigger shot, she is a nurse, and I was antsy about that. Was funny....how many stinkin injections do I think she has done? You can't help it though.

Thinking of you lots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12