Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Egg collection

ann Guest

Default Egg collection

Hi girls, just wondering, on IVF for egg collection, is it more or less day 14 or is it when the bt's and ultrasound say its ready. Im just asking because if its a firm 14 days I have a small problem as DH's has a huge day at work and it will be really hard to get time off. (I have to travel 2 1/2 hours to the clinic.) As you can tell I'm a first time IVFer.

Ann

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

hi Ann,

No it's not a firm Day 14. It is when you ovulate. This will usually be monitored with a combination of blood tests and ultrasounds.

My DH is having exams on the day I go in for my FET. Timing is always pretty crap when it comes to our cycles and our bodies, huh?

sushee

Yep, Sushee's right. It may not be exactly day 14.

I think for my second IVF I had OPU on day 16.

Hayseed

Hey Ann - good question! I am a first time IVFer as well. I didnt even think of that, I just assumed. Well that could make or break my cycle. I will have to O before CD18, so hope it happens that way [-o< [-o<

Which date would your CD14 be?

I actually wouldnt mind adding to your question, another question I have just thought of - does the trigger shot occur prior to O, or at the same time, or after? And how much time after trigger shot is the pickup? Im sure it is written somewhere in the encyclopedia I was given by the clinic, but have found that stuff difficult to read, as it is very repetitive and very general.

Keen

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen,

the trigger shot is given to you approx 40 hours prior to the time you would normally O if you weren't on the meds. Meaning that they monitor the follicles and when they get to a certain size (btwn 18-22 mms) they are considered pretty much mature enough to be released, and therefore the trigger is administered to stimulate preparation for the release of the eggs. Then approx 36 hours after the shot, they go in for the EC, just before the body releases them.

This means that depending on when you're scheduled for pick up, you could have your trigger sometimes late night/early morning. My first trigger shot was done at 3am. Not fun.

Love
    sushee

Thanks for that Sush. 3am would definitely suck!

Keen

Keen, triggers used to be given by a hospital nurse at all hours of the night/morning just like Sushee stated. Thankfully mine is tonight at the reasonable hour of 8pm and will be administered by DH because it is now a fully loaded subcutaneous needle!!!

ann Guest

Hi KeenAs,
    Day 14 for me is Thur 2/12. But I was talking to my nurse tonight and she said that this mornings BT shot through the roof, so they are knocking the Gonal F back to 150.
    Having my first Ultrasound Thurs along with yet anothr BT. She did say that normally they stimulate for between 10-12 days and depending on follicle size then they do Egg Collection, so the 14 day thing means nothing really.
    Phew!! Hubby will be real happy, as I said before he can't get out of work that day.

Hope everything is well with you, good luck.
    Ann

Ann,

I was just cuious to see if we were cycle buds, but on 2/12 I will be CD5, so Im a little behind you.

I am currently on the second day of my Lucrin injections, so am on the way, but the days are really dragging on!

Keen

ann Guest

Well girls,
    went for my ultrasound this morning, yes another 2 1/2 hr drive just for a ultrasound, well I have 27 follicles, and there are 7 that are larger than 8mm. I won't be speaking to the nurse until this evening but having only being on Gonal F for 5 nights I thought that sounded good.
    What does anyone else think?

Good luck, and hope everything is going well for everyone

Ann

Sounds good for a trigger injection soon, what were the standards of the others, ie other than the 7.

ann Guest

The other ones were just under the 8mm mark as the guy said that was doing the ultrasound, he was just interested in the ones over 8mm. I think the largest one was 10x11mm.

Do you know what size they like them to be before thay collect?

Ann

Monash quite
    Follicles may be tracked in a natural cycle. When a leading follicle is seen (average size=22mm , with a range of 17-27mm) then intercourse may be appropriately timed

Ann

Sounds like you'll be ready for your trigger real soon - how exciting! Wow, there are so many people getting transfers, we just have to get some good results.

Not sure what size they need them to be, my doctor said they drain everything anyway, once they decide to do the pickup, then they wait and see what happens from there, so you could have many more.

keep us informed, and best of luck.

Keen

ann Guest

Just heard from the nurse, Dr's are very happy with the I'm going. Another BT and ultrasound on Monday, another 2 1/2 hr drive, anyway she said probably looking for a trigger Mon pm, for EC Wed.

Yah, getting really excited now!!
    Also the nurse said that 18mm is the prefered size, anything over that and they don't want. Go figger they want eggies, then they don't want eggies.

Ann

Where are you driving from Ann?

ann Guest

I live in Tenterfield. The Scientists from Sydney fly up to Lismore every three months to do the clinics.
    I hate the drive to Lismore.
    I must add that moving to Tenterfield was not a choice (Who would want to live here!).
    We moved from the coast to here in Jan this year.

Ann

Ann -- I have everything crossed for you for your pickup on Wednesday - so exciting and Im sure it'll result in an absolutely fabulous chrissy present!

Keen

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast