Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Egg collection

ann Guest

Sorry girls, just thought of another question I wanted to ask. Does every follicle have an egg? Or is it pot luck with those little suckers?

You girls are soooo informative.

Ann
    P.S Does anyone know next weeks winning lotto numbers? Hee Hee Hee

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi ann,

not every follicle will have an egg, but obviously the more follicles you have, the better the chances of more eggs.

I always showed about 15-20 follicles, but have never had more than 7 eggs collected. Though 27 follicles will probably provide more eggs than that.

really, I guess it's more about what happens after. We've been lucky in that while we're only ever managed an average amount of eggs, we've managed to get a good fertilisation rate. If you can get 5-7 eggs fertilised, then you have the option of a Frozen Embryo Transfer after your IVF cycle, which costs a lot less than IVF. It gives you that chance to fall pg with embryos that have already fertilised and are ready to go. Then all you have to worry about is the thaw.

I don't know if I've made it more confusing for you with the above, but if you have any other questions, just ask!

sushee

Sal Guest

Hi Ann, you are NOT ancient! Re your eggs vs follicles, you are sure to get a lot of eggs. Sushee is right about a cryocycle (which I'll be doing with SIVF here in Sydney next month) - they are a lot cheaper (in the order of $500) and then your body isn't being thrown about as it is in a stim cycle.

I've been TTC for 3 years now, myself. When it gets that long it really seems that getting a baby is like winning the lottery (no, don't have the winning numbers, unfortunately, but I'll still get a ticket in Thursday's Powerball!!)

Ann,

your results on low Gonal-F are great!. For my last IVF cycle (which was the antagonist, so no lucrin or syneral beforehand) I was on 450IU and I only got 11 eggs.

I was rather fortunate that I pretty much had 1 egg per follicle, which was lucky as I only ever got 11 follicles at the most!

But it's looking good for you so far. You'll have heaps of eggs to play with, and that's what you're really after - lots of eggs because of the attrition rate that will inevitably occur.

Hayseed

ann Guest

Hi Girls, well I just triggered at 7.00pm. Todays scan showed 48 large follies. I have to travel down to Lismore tomorrow for OPU thur morn at 6.30am.
    Nervous excited everything at once!!

Nurse did say that the Dr's were thinking of a freeze all. I was so dissapointed. She then rang and said that on day 4 I will go for a battery of tests to see if we can still transfer day 5. Yeeeh. I still can't believe I even got to this stage.

Please wish me luck for Thur morning.

Love Ann

Hi, Hubby here, what a roller coaster of emotions (and I'm not having hormones injected!!!). For the DHs' out there who think its' not going to be as emotional for them.....think again. When the nurse mentioned a freeze all, I said to Ann, "I feel like a big cry".

Fingers crossed for big swimmers now.
    X

Oh Ann, congrats on the trigger. Did you do it at home?

If they freeze all, is it because of your hormone levels not be ready for implantation?

ann Guest

Hi yes we triggered at home, Dh has done every injection for me.
    The nurse said that the reason they were considering a freeze all was because risk of hyper stimulation.
    But fingers crossed that we can do a freshy transfer.

Ann

Yaye Ann - Sending you all the best of luck and hope it all goes well. Wow! Cant believe you ended up with 48 follies - that seems incredible!

Nice to hear from your Dhs point of view, hope neither of you will need a big cry - unless it is from happiness

Good luck with the pickup and cant wait to hear how it goes.

Keen

Best of Luck tomorrow Ann!!

Wishing you LOTS of eggs!! and lots of embryos. Hopefully all will go well and you can have a fresh transfer in a few days!!!

Look forward to hearing your good news!!

Sal Guest

Way to go, Ann! =D> It's looking good for lots and lots of eggs on Thursday! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and the Dr lets you have ET. You must let us know how it goes.

ann Guest

well, I'm about to head off to Lismore, I thought I'd do a little christmas shopping while I'm down there. I'm feeling really nervous about tomorrow. I was on another web site last night just browsing, and all these women were talking about how horrible and painful OPU is. Well that really did it for me, as the nurse said last night that it would take quiet a while as I had so many follies.
    Well better go, shopping to do, and then a quiet night relaxing with Dh tonight before the big day tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.

Good luck to everyone in todays quest (whatever it may be)

Love ann

Ann,

You will have probably gone through it all by the time you read this, so this is a belated good luck. Lovely to hear from your hubby too!

Fingers crossed that you get to do a fresh transfer, but then agian, you don't want to have the complications of hyperstim while possibly pg either. My BIL's sister had hyperstim one day after transfer and she was sooooo sick. And they couldn't treat her as they would have liked as they had to treat her as though she was pg - which she did turn out to be and had twins.

Best wishes

Hayseed

ann Guest

Hi girls,
    Well girls they picked up 20 eggs. They didn't go for all of them the Dr said we were getting greedy. Oh and the drugs I loved them.I even asked for more and when the Dr asked if I was in pain I said oh no I just like the drugs, so he gave me more.
    The whole process was nothing like I thought it would be, I won't say painless more discomfort. Hubby was great through out. I hope everybody is well.

Love Ann

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

OMG Ann! What wonderful news!

Are you going to have an ET this month? It sound like you're on a roll, hunny, so I really hope so!

love
    sushee

Ann -- That is FANTASTIC news! Well done! Sounds like you are blitzing it and if you keep up this form you'll be getting that BFP very soon!

Are you going for an ET straight away, or waiting and doing an FET?

(BTW - Big =D> thanks to a helpful, supportive hubby, too.)

Keen

Congratulations Ann - what is the status of the ET?

Sal Guest

Hey, Ann, that is a fantastic number of eggs. I'm glad you came through the EC ok. I found the drugs did nothing for me, just made me feel shaky. Fingers and toes crossed for your fertilisation results, plus hope you get to do ET this cycle.

ann Guest

Hi girls,
    I'm just waiting for a phone call from the nurse to see how many fertilized.
    On Monday I have to go for a heap of BT's to see if they can transfer Tue morn. They are worried about hyper stimulation, as the Dr said even after EC follies still grow or start growing, but I don't feel sore or anything, so fingers crossed. I will keep you all posted about that one.
    Hope all your bodies are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Love Ann

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast