Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Egg collection

Sal Guest

Hi Ann,

7 follies >8mm sounds good. I had the same number at the same stage and I ended up with EC on CD14 (ie 10 days of stimming with GonalF). 27 follies sounds very promising. I only ended up with 7 eggs collected, but it sounds like you'll get heaps more!

I'd love to know more about how the Lismore clinic thing works. I am currently living in Sydney and have had an IVF cycle with SIVF but in Feb I am moving up to live in Ballina, so I will be going to the Lismore clinic, too. How does it work - do you have to wait around all year until there is a window of opportunity to have a cycle done? Any info would be much appreciated.

ann Guest

Sleebly,

At Lismore they are great. They have clinics every three months. Living at Ballina will be easy for you, it's only difficult for me because at Tenterfield they can only do ultrasounds on either a Tue or Fri, unfortunately non of my ultrasounds have fallen on either days. The nurse co ordinator at Lismore is really nice. There is only one Dr though up this way that uses Sydney IVF, and he is at Lismore.
    Good luck!!!

Ann

Sal Guest

Thanks, Ann, for the info. I had been thinking that I'd have to trek back to Sydney for further cycles but am so thankful that there is another option.

Fingers crossed for your EC and ET. Why don't you join us in the November thread?

ann Guest

Sleebly,
    If you are interested I do have the dates for the IVF clinics in Lismore for 2005.
    Also can anyone help out? Tonight will be day 9 for my Gonal F injections, for the past couple of days I've had sore breasts, but this morning when I woke up OMG, are they sore, even the nipples, as I said to DH they feel like pregnant boobs.
    Is this normal???

I hope everyone is well, and having a great weekend.

Ann

Sal Guest

Hi Ann,

Thanks - I'm most interested in what the 2005 dates for Lismore are - I can plan my year out (if needs be).

Re your sore bbs, I didn't really have symptoms from GonalF, but then I think my dosage was low (150). I do recall the nurses telling me, though, that sore bbs was a common side effect from GonalF. I hate to think how sore your bbs are going to get once you start the HcG injections (that was when mine became unbelievably sore, I needed to keep my bra on 24 hrs a day). 8-[

When is your EC?

ann Guest

Hi Sleebly,
    Last Thur they were saying EC maybe this Wed, I had another ultrasound and BT this morning, but I had 37 follies, ranging from 8mm up to 22mm, I won't be speaking to the nurse until this afternoon, so I'll know more then. I was hoping for a trigger tonight, I'll keep you posted.

For the dates of the clinic in 2005.
    Feb 14 - Feb 25
    May 30 - June 12
    Sep 5 - Sep 18
    Dec 5 - Dec 18
    These dates are when the scientists are up here for EC and ET.

Hope this helps you, take care

Ann

Newbie - 37 folls is excellent

Sal Guest

Ann, 37 follies is fantastic! =D> Lots of eggies for you! If your follies are reaching 22mm I bet your trigger will be tonight. Yes, please keep us posted, that is exciting.

Thanks for the info on the clinic dates. I just spoke to SIVF and it turns out that my snowbubs can be sent up to Lismore, so there is no reason for me to hang around in Sydney post January next year.

Ann -- You Go Girl with your super follicle growing abilities! 37 is fantastic! Really hope you get to do your trigger soon and we'll be watching out for BFP from your beta very soon!!!

All the best of luck with it :luck:

Keen

Ann - are you sore from all those follies?

ann Guest

Hi Girls,
    Just an update.The nurse just rang me and I have to have another scan and bt tomorrow and hopfully she said a trigger tomorrow night.
    Sh.t, that means I have to travel 2 1/2 hrs for a scan and bt, 2 1/2 hrs back and then I have to be in Armidale tomorrow at 2.30pm, another 2 1/2 hr drive in the opposite direction, and back again.
    Too late to ring and make an appointment so I think I just have to go down and hope they can fit me in.
    The Drs said they were really happy with the follies, so I have to drop the Gonal F back to 75 tonight, don't want the little buggers too big or they won't take them, they only like them around 18-19mm.

Anyway better go, dd wants to have a go on the net.

Love to all
    Ann

Ann OMG you have that many follies on such a low dose of Gonal-F you are very good \/ . I'm on a low dose FET with Gonal F at 150 and only produced a couple!

ann Guest

Funny about the follies, the nurse asked me earlier if I was feeling any sorness. Only twinges now and again, but I now have a tummy, dh says I look about 5 months pg. I wish. So no, no real sorness in the tummy, but the boobs are a different story, I call them my pg boobs, because thats how they feel. Crazy isn't it?

Ann

Ann - what are your details, ie where are you? how long have you been TTC?

ann Guest

Dh and I have been ttc for almost three yrs. DH had a vasectomy reversal three yrs ago, I've been on clomid for 2 1/2 yrs. Dr's said everything was fine with hubby's sperm tests. Last Nov Dr sent hubby for a trail sperm wash, and the results weren't great. DH sperm have really big heads, so basically there is no way sperm can crack the egg. So here we are doing our first round of IVF (ICSI). We had to get a loan for this so we are only having one go, and with my age I feel ancient (37). Dh doesn't think Im to old, but I have different ideas, so this is it, one and only go!!
    So there's my life story in a few lines.

Ann

Ann - I've heard really good statistics on ISCI, so you probably will get that allusive BFP.

Which clinic are you at? We did SIVF in Feb 2003 and it was really expensive. It's much cheaper in WA. Plus have you looked at the medicare rebate!!

ann Guest

I started out on 187.5 Gonal F for the first few days, after my first bt, they knocked it down to 150, then 112.5 and tonight 75. They were scared at first over over stimulating.

I'm going through SIVF at Lismore on the far north coast of NSW.
    With ICSI over all it will cost about $6200. But with medicare rebate we are looking at about $2300 out of pocket.
    As dh and I had to get a loan to go through with this cycle, I don't think we can afford another cycle, as Im not working, and where we live there is NO work.

Ann

ann Guest

I started out on 187.5 Gonal F for the first few days, after my first bt, they knocked it down to 150, then 112.5 and tonight 75. They were scared at first over over stimulating.

I'm going through SIVF at Lismore on the far north coast of NSW.
    With ICSI over all it will cost about $6200. But with medicare rebate we are looking at about $2300 out of pocket.
    As dh and I had to get a loan to go through with this cycle, I don't think we can afford another cycle, as Im not working, and where we live there is NO work.

Ann

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast