Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IVFer looking for cycle buds

Sush,

look after yourself though, won't you chook! The percentages being what they are, suggest that there is a bigger chance that assisted reproduction won't work more than it does. Do allow yourself to grieve the experience. If anything, grieve for the wasted months, wasted tests, wasted time waiting in docs waiting rooms (!), wasted money...I could go on. But also for the lost opportunity for a bubby.

I'm all for pushing on with it ('cause I do), but don't let it all snowball before you really address it in your own mind and own relationship.

But, we're all in this together, and I'm sure can all lean on each other!!

Love Hayseed

Hey, we also have a general chat thread in this forum now! Did you see??

Hayseed

Oh the Waiting!! I cant stand the waiting!

I know its not the worst part but it is certainly the longest part of the process and, with myself, I always feel as though there is more I could be doing instead of just sitting around wasting time. Being a bit of a control freak myself, has also made this hard. I have found the best solution to that is to control as much of other things in your life as you can!

I sometimes find a little consolence in thinking "Well, Ive been doing this for nearly four years now, so whats a few more weeks?" - But mind you this usually only works for a very short time (if at all!), but its worth a try.

Im about to start the IVF route and not looking forward to all that waiting and the frustrations of it all. But you guys in here have helped me stay hopeful, so thanks.

KeenAs

mc - Jan 2002, Apr 2003 & Jun 2003
    clomid 12 months
    now onto IVF - fingers crossed.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I think you hit the nail on the head, KeenAs. I think talking to my Dr, the clinic and work (about some time off) made me feel more in control of the whole thing. These were things I could help, unlike just about everything else to do with IVF.

Hayseed, you're right. I do need to give myself space to grieve. DH always says that he knows when I'm upset, I start re-arranging things. I guess it's my way. I've a day off today so my sister and I are going to shop, talk and probably cry for a while. She's coming with me for my Day 2 appointment at the clinic.

KeenAs, do you know when you start?

Love
    sushee

Sushee,

We have our first appointment to get things going on 28 September. Although this last cycle has gone haywire, came about 5 days early, which has never happened before - I think due to my dad passing away very suddenly just a fortnight ago.

So, am not sure whether this will hinder or help our plans at this stage. But again, here I am playing the waiting game. ](*,) Thats the worst!

So, in the meantime just trying to look after myself and find a little retail therapy is often a good solution. Strangely enough I actually enjoy going and buying things for when we have our baby. You'd think that would make things worse, but for some reason for me it is helpful :smt102 . Hope the shopping is helpful for you, too. Good to have a cry when you need it - we cant stay strong all the time (as much as we might like to and think we should). :hugs:

KeenAs

mc - Jan 2002, Apr 2003 & Jun 2003
    clomid 12 months
    now onto IVF - fingers crossed.

KeenAs,

The last cycle we had before starting IVF, I ovulated on the 18th day. I was worried that my body had decided not to carry on with all this IVF biz and give up on me all together. So take heart. This whole baby thing is far from an exact science!

My sister and I did our shopping and had a good laugh (not cry, which was just as well). I had a haircut and bought some clothes and am feeling stronger now.

Am on the third day of injections and it's not so bad yet. I know it gets worse from here, but am enjoying the quiet before the storm

Love sushee

KeenAs,

And, I am sorry to hear about your Dad, sweet.

Love sushee

Good to hear not only my body goes off the rails at times.

Also sounds like the shopping expedition was helpful and sometimes a haircut can totally change the way you are feeling - good idea.

How are the injections? I keep thinking how painful they are going to be and whether I will be able to give them to myself - what has been your experience with them? How many do you have to have each day? :?: (Sorry about all the q's - but I am feeling a little apprehensive)

KeenAs

PS Thanks for your thoughtful message about my dad, too.

Hi Keenas,

Sorry to hear about your dad......

Why don't you join us in the September sticky? They have made a new thread for us as it was getting a little confusing going from post to post, seeing as though there are a few of us in here at the moment!

You will be able to get a wider range of answers to your questions as well!

Jo

Thanks!

Will see you there :-k - dont know if technically thats right but you get what I mean.

KeenAs

belmarks Guest

Hi ladies,

DH and I have been TTC for over 3 years now and we are on the IVF routh. What can I say about the IVF route that you all haven't experienced, but like someone said earlier, it is so much harder having a TWW when you are on IVF, as the embryo is in there, and you know that you are "pregnant" and when it doesn't turn out, you can't help but wonder why?

Anyway girls, keep your chins up and keep plugging away, I know I am, and one day, we will get the result that we so desire.

I spat the biscuit last time I got the BFN and I think my Dr felt genuinely sorry for me. So we've had a month off, that has turned into a month and a half and we have just found out that I ovulated naturally last week (what an achievement!!) so fingers crossed [-o<

Anyway, its really hard to keep going, money, time, medical stuff, being poked and prodded, but I keep telling myself that it will be all worth it in the end.

Does anyone go to a clinic where they give you statistics on how many live births they have achieved? Mine doesn't and Im curious to know what the statistics are in general.....

my clinic provides age relevant statistics for "live birth rates" (I just hate the sound of that).

Female Age 2002 - Live births per Embryo Transfer
    Under 25 - 33% (1 case)
    25 to 34 years 46% (132 cases)
    Up to 38 years 35% (80cases)
    38 to 39 years 24% (37 cases)
    40 & over 14% (32 cases)
    Overall 31% (282 cases)

Apparently this has increased in the last 2 years - but not sure which age groups or by how much. Hope this helps you out a bit.

KeenAs

belmarks Guest

thanks heaps for those stats, its just sometimes good to know what you're up against, even if you don't really fit into any categories. Im usually in the minority group...

Default hello

Hi
    I'm very new to the site and I am excited to find others in the same situation as me here in Australia (even a fellow west australian). I may be new to this site but I am not new to IVF unfortunately.

Hi Sherwils,

Welcome to BB! I'm a fellow Western Australian! Yay! Which clinic have you been going to?

I'm going to check out yor post in the sticky thread now. Will talk more there!

love
    sushee

Shelcee Guest

Hi

I am another newcomer to this site.
    I have read several of your posts and realise I am definitely not alone at this.

We have been TTC for nearly 12 months. We are also doing PGD as I am a carrier of a disease that took my 33 year old brother at the beginning of the year.

I have done two IVF cycles, the first cancelled due to OHS. We discovered I only had one ovary which was a bit of a shock hence OHS. The second cycle I got a BFN after transfer. ](*,) That was only a week ago so am now picking myself up and waiting to start on a frozen cycle mid October.

It sure is an emotional roller coaster and I definitely empathise with you all.

I look forward to sharing your support and experiences.

Shelcee

Hi Shelcee,

Welcome to BellyBelly! I'm sorry to hear that things have been so tough for you :hugs: There is a monthly long term TTC, infertility and IVF thread here where the girls get together and chat so feel free to join in there.

Wishing you all the best with everything and I hope it won't be long before you have a happy and healthy pg.

Take care.

Angel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12