Thread: Length of a short IVF cycle (Antagonist)

Default Length of a short IVF cycle

Happy New Year ladies,

I am on day 3 of a short cycle, I started on 300 units of Puregon a day after my AF. I haven't done this cycle before, they all have been long cycles. Can any of you ladies who have done a short cycle, let me know how many days of drugs did you have before the trigger injection?
    Any sucess stories with a short cycle would also give me a boost, so would love to hear from you lovley ladies.

Best wishes for the new year.
    Last edited by max; January 7th, 2008 at 12:16 PM.

Hi Max
    I've only ever done this kind of cycle - had success on the second go. I think I had the stim shots for 10-11 days before trigger, but how many you do will depend on how you respond.
    Good luck - hope this is the one for you!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Max,

the number of days you are taking stim meds shouldn't be any different in a flare cycle or a down reg. Good luck, hun.

Thanks so much for your well wishes Sushee....
    I know I tell you in most of my emails, but I just adore Charlie....he is such a gorgeous boy...I always go to your photos and check new photos of Charlie...he is very cute.
    xx

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Aw thanks hun. He's in daycare today so I'm missing him like crazy!

Hey Max,

I have done both and now stick to the short cycle. basically I have such a bad memory and remembering the spray 2x a day at the right time - well need I say more.
    As the girls have already said the needle part is the same for both cycles. I also do 300puregon then after about 5days start the Orgalutran (antagonist - do do this one in my thigh) until trigger. Yes - the short cycle is better for me - but I pay the price with 2x needles a day..
    Good luck....!!!

RH76 Guest

Hi Max,

My FS changed me to a short cycle for the current one I am doing. I had 10 days of injections before trigger. unfortunately my body didn't respond well to the drugs (FS doesn't know why), so rather than cancel it my FS wanted me to change to an IUI in the hope that the 2 or 3 follies I have won't be wasted.

I preferred the treatment as there's no waiting once you get AF. Also I was only on 100 puregon so maybe my dose wasn't high enough.

for you. Try and stay positive, any treatment is a step forward

vera68 Guest

Hi everyone, i am a newy to this forum - i guess it nice to be able to talk to others who are going through the same things as i am. I am starting an Antagonist Cycle as i am a Poor responder and 40 yo (WOW). I have a 3yo son which i concieve naturally so now i don't know why i cant fall pregnant. can anyone enlighten me with the hope that maybe this cycle may be better?? i have had 2 IUI, Down Reg, 3 Flare all with only 3-4 OPU, so i am HOPING this may get me more...

Hope to hear from someone soon

Hi Vera,

I have to say I love the Antagonist. Earlier this year we did a down reg cycle (10 eggs, 5 fertilised, 1 frostie - all BFN) When we went to see our FS about the next cyle, he worked out that DH was going to be away for work during the vital time if we did another down reg cycle. So he suggested an Antagonist as it was much shorter.
    Fast forward two weeks and they collected 28 eggs, 27 of which fertilised (21 "properly") and we now have 14 blastocysts in the freezer and I am currently in the TWW with one expanded blastie on board. All great quality according to the embryologist! The only other thing I did differently was have acupuncture once a week since the first failed cycle in April.

Yay for the antagonist! I have to say I even had far fewer side effects as well. Good luck with your cycle! Fingers crossed for lots of lovely eggs for you!

lily x
    Me 38 DH 36

vera68 Guest

Smile

Thanks Lily,
    Good luck to you to, sounds very hopefull. The hardest par is the not knowing wat goes on inside . Can i ask wat does BFN mean??

Vera xx
    me 40 DH 30
    :-)

Hi Vera
    Welcome to Belly Belly!

BFN = Big Fat Negative (negative pregnancy test). For more acronyms used frequently on BB look here

You are welcome to jump on in the other parts of the forum. You may be interested in the Trying To Conceive Buddies - Older Women's thread and there is a general LTTTC/AC thread where others going through assisted conception support one another and discuss their cycle.

You should also familiarise yourself with our Forum Guidelines, and if you would like to create a signature for yourself, also look at the Signature and Avatar Guidelines.Consider signing up for the BellyBelly Mailing List which will help you keep up to date with the latest changes and additions to BellyBelly.

Best of luck with your cycle!

xx