Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2007

Finally got the call from the clinic that I've been waiting on all day.

I have my trigger at 5:30 this afternoon, only one vial of powder, and then that's it for injections. We have to be at the hospital at 7am on Monday morning Yay, another early start! Fast from midnight Sunday.

Got hold of yesterday's levels - 14488 - I'm feeling relieved that I managed to stay under 15000, but I'm not sure why I saw that number as being significant in any way.

Best news - the freeze all option isn't locked in just yet. It will be a matter of waiting to see how I go before that decision is made. Just to keep my pessimistic reputation intact, I'm really not counting on it at all, and I'm expecting to go for the full freeze. Which will then mean a month on the pill before I can do a FET, but I'm ok with that.

Even better news... I would have liked to have had my FS doing the collection. He's not. But of the two other doctors there, I'd heard good things about one, bad things about the other... I don't have the one I've heard bad things about! More to be relieved about there, too.

Now I can finally go take the nap I so desperately need without waiting for the phone to ring so I'm kept awake.

BW

Yay BW - at least you know where you're at. good luck hun - and go get some rest!

Summer - Hope you're feeling better soon.

BW - YAY for having finished work for this term. Will be thinking of you on Monday

Mel - Hope all goes well with transfer on Monday.

Not a lot happening here. I have been so tired, I have absolutely no energy at all. Hoping that it is just the big week we have had that is causing the tiredness.

Big hello's to everyone else. hope you are all well

Nic

BW - good luck for monday!!!

well i rang clinic for bloods result and apparently my progesterone levels are still quite high, so if still no show of AF (what does that stand for technically? it just another short term for monthly hey?) by friday next week i need to go back and see dr mazz. so fingers crossed it happens soon, i am now 4 days late!

so i will just keep plodding along with Synarel for now!

Carrie - OMG! I asked the Dr about the emby falling out!! pmsl!! She assured me it wouldn't..

I'll get back to you about the Dr thing... mawwaaaa

Now the BIG question - When should implant occur? hmmm

Take care

Carie- Dr McBain was not around for our transfer either- kind of freaked me out too, but then did exactly what you did and looked up the doctor who did our transfer, and saw that he was very qualified, having been involved with IVF for 20 years or so.

OHSS still hanging around making me feel sick-can't wait for the 12th week when it is supposed to disappear.

I'm starting to get scared now. I'm three and a half hours past my trigger shot and I'm feeling dizzy and nauseated already. The pain is subsiding, which is good, but that may be due to the fact that I've stopped moving around. I'm drinking like mad and generally trying to take it easy... but I didn't think it would get this bad this fast!

There's a *small* chance that this is just getting worse because we haven't had dinner yet, but we had a really late lunch as well, so I don't know that eating will do much at all.

BW

BW- It could be psychological, I was feeling nauseous for ages and thirsty and had diohhrea (sp?) the morning of the transfer, all now which have disappeared (except the thirst). Hope this is the case for you and that a good dinner has settled it down for you.
    EJE- Hope you start to feel better soon hun, that morning sickness feeling is awful isn't it? Good to know I'm not the only paranoid one! Thank goodness for the internet!
    Smudge- I asked my Dr too, she explained it like this: the uterus is not like a space where the embryo floats around, it is more like 2 pieces of bread with marjarine sticking them together, and the embryo is stuck between the bread and therefore can fall out.....still didn't stop me from trying to keep it in though!
    Re: implantation, I think it happens around day 6 (but can be from day 3-12). Someone else may be able to clarify this.
    sonya- Hope AF (Auntie Flo) arrives soon !

Hi BG, Nic, Mel and everyone else!

Hugs BW - i know this is hard on you - i'm really hoping that the nausea and dizziness were just a result of not eating (naughty girl!!) - i know i get like that if i don't have dinner within about an hour of normal time, no matter what, so i really hope that you're feeling better now you've had dinner - there is probably a bit of stress in there too - i'm sure you're expecting OHSS, so any small things that isn't normal will stress you out more than normal (i sooooooo get how that feels!) - here's hoping that you don't develop OHSS hun - take care of yourself - and keep drinking lots and lots (it's agood habit to be in anyway!)

EJE - sorry you're still feeling off at the moment - must be dificut to tel what's OHSS and what's morning sickness! here's hoping it all clears up in the next few weeks for you, and that your little bubba isn't one of those that gives mummy grief from the day it's conceived (heheheh - i'm 26 and i still get told regularly how i was difficult from the day i was made - haven't changed much either!!)

to everyone else a big hi - as for me, i'm having a reasonaby good night. we bought a full bar for DH for our anniversary last month ( he hadn't done his tax in seven years, so got a nice return - figured it was only fair to spend some on him) - anyway, we finally got the last bits and pieces put together tonight, and DH being a typical male, he had to show it off to someone, and to christen it - so he called our friends from up the road, and they came down for a few drinks - and it was the most relaxing night i've had in ages. i was able to just ignore all the stuff going on with the op, and being unwell, and even TTC for a few hours (except having to run off to snort synarel!) - it was really really nice! we've decided to reinstate something we used to do when we first got together and have Friday nights as ****tail night - just a few quiet drinks. admittedly there will be more than a few nights during the TTC journey where alcohol is completely out of the question, but i've hardly been drinking for the past year or so anyway, so no one is going to notice if i stick to soft drink and water - it will just be nice to get together with everyone regularly. thank goodness we have a big rumpus room (and friends that are prepared to buy bottles of grog to contribute to the bar!!) - we even managed to create a really nice ****tail through experimentation tonight!! still a little sore around the inflamed glands, but nothing too bad for tonight (maybe the alcohol in the ****tail or three has numbed it or killed the nasty bugs already!!)

Five more days til BT and starting on puregon - time to start checking out what they say about the occassional drink with puregon shots...

Glad you're having a good night BG, you deserve it!!

thanks carrie - it's nice to relax occassionally!

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone has experienced shooting sharp pains that feel like they're in the uterus and ovaries from the crinone / or could it be an after effect of the OPU. I use the crinone when I hop into bed and find that for the last two nights I've been having trouble sleeping and really bad nightmares (last night I woke DH up screaming in my sleep!)

Anyone else experienced any of this...The shooting pains are not all the time.
    TIA

Yeah I had shooting pains in one of my ovaries...not sure if it was opu after effects or the crinone but can definitely sympathise. I had trouble sleeping the first three nights after transfer I think because I was still quite tender but didn't have the nightmares.....not sure on that one.

Well The clinic gave us our time for transfer tomorrow...10.50am nice and early. I've just got time to fit in an acupuncture at 9.30 and then have to twiddle my thumbs in the city till 3.30 for my post transfer acupuncture..fun fun fun.

Best of luck for tomorrow BW I will be sending lots of healthy egg vibes your way and praying for no OHSS for you.

Melbel - just wanted to wish you the best of luck for your transfer tomorrow sweetie!

BW, hope you're hanging in there, not long to go now!

Not long is right! Only 12 hours to go!

DH is out at church and I'm feeling rather sore and sorry for myself so I decided to call my mum... Bad move, that was! I've just made good use of the boo hoo room, so I won't repeat it all here. I've just been comforting myself with a hot cross bun. How typical of me!

Carrie, you've got me really scared of that crinone now! I hope it all settles very soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes regarding the EPU. I'm starting to feel a little bit scared - we have to be there at 7, which means leaving here around 6, and DH has to produce a sample in there as well... and he doesn't do well with morning sex, so I'm worried. Probably more worried about that than the anaesthetic and the possibility of OHSS, to tell the truth!

BW

BW- best of luck tomorrow with your EPU Ill be thinking of you!

Mel - Yay, goodluck for the transfer sweetie!
    It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one with the pains. Last time I had hardly any pain at all so I was not sure if it was normal or not.
    BW- Goodluck to you to for the OPU. Don't worry about your DH, I'm sure he'll be fine! Are you getting a full anesthetic, or are you going to watch what's going on?
    Don't worry about the crinone, I don't even know if it is that which is causing the issues, plus our bodies all react differently to things so you may breeze through it all. As I said, last time I hardly had any pain!

I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow!

BW - good luck for tomorrow hun - will be thinking of you and hoping that all goes well (both for you and for your DH!)

Mel - good luck for transfer tomorrow

Carrie - sorry to hear you're uncomfortable - hope the pains settle down very soon for you hun

to everyone else, hope you've had a great weekend!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast