Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2007

BW - numbers can be lower because of ICSI, but the ones that make it are usually stronger than if it werent used... if that makes sense? Hang in there - and GOOD LUCK! And BTW 15 is GREAT!

Carrie - We have never been todl to lay down for an hour after, but on the day surgery admission forms last time, I did notice it said that - the hospital just told me that I could take as long as I needed before leaving, so I got in a recliner chair and stayed there for about 45 mins... (although as I dont have any children and Im not pregnant - apparently that didnt make much difference )

Thanks, Keen. I'm just feeling a little paranoid at the moment. 15 is still higher than the number of eggs I had orginally wanted, but as that stim cycle was hell on earth, the thought of doing it again fills me with dread. Even though I know that they would have learned something of the way my body responds so that we can hopefully avoid the hyperstimulation next time round... I just don't want there to be a next time! In some ways, I think this wait is worse than your traditional TWW.

BW

Congratulations on 15! hope most hang in there until saturday for you.

HOORAY!!!! today i just received the birthday present ever!! AF has arrived! was due last tuesday, but am so happy its finally occured!!!!!!

just waiting for concept coordinator to call back and i should be doing BT tomorrow and hopefully starting puregon on friday!!! soooo excited. my BFF is p#ssing herself laughing at my joy of getting AF.

can you tell i'm a first-timer or what

That's great news, Sonya! So glad you can get started! I'm sure some of the women who have been doing this for a while still get excited when AF arrives so they can start a cycle. Wishing you a quick and problem-free AC journey from here.

BW

yay sonya - great news about AF (as silly as that sounds) - i know you've been hanging out to get started, so this is really good news - Happy Birthday too - hope you have a great day, and that you get more than just AF for your birthday!

BW - woo hoo again on the fertilisation rate hun - i'm so happy for you. fingers crossed that they've got the same strength you have and will give it a fighting go at getting to blast stage. i have my fingers crossed for you that you never have to go through the stress and discomfort of another stim cycle! keep looking after yourself - and no matter who you're talking to, keep drinking!! (maybe you need to say to your frineds - hi, how's things? can you remind me in a couple of minutes to keep drinking?!! ).

thanks for dropping in Mako - how are you going hun?

to everyone else, a big hi. for me, AF has arrived, and she's being downright nasty - i've NEVER even felt AF pains prior to this AC thing and thought the provera made it uncomfy, but this time around, she's just driving me insane - for the first time ever i had to leave work cos i was in so much pain - how rude! she really is the unwanted visitor (even if i know she's helping to get my body ready for the next part of this journey!!) looking forward to 4pm tomorrow - should hear sometime around then whether i can start puregon tomorrow night, and i'll be knocking off work- have an RDO on Thursday - woo hoo for the five day weekend!!

BW- Woohoo for your 15 embies! Hope that you get a good number hang on til the blast stage (but not toooo many, as I know you want to use them all!). Are you feeling any better today? Rest up.

Keen - I think you are the guru here sweetie!! Although I'm sure you wish you weren't (and so do we), we all appreciate the wealth of info that you have. Hope you're doing well.

Sonya- Congrats on AF turning up! Hope the BT goes well for you tomorrow.
    BG- Same for you!
    Mel- Hope you are okay today.

BW - what FSH levels did they have you on this cycle? I have been on 100ui Puregon, which has now been dropped to 75ui.

Carrie - yeah, it sucks having all the experience with it, but happy to help anyone out with anything they need to know... Im doing better today than I was yesterday! Hope this wait hurries up for you!

Sonya - Congratulations on AF - it is such a strange feeling to be happy about AF isnt it??!

BW Congrats on all the eggs! Cluck cluck! lol
    Keen Thanks for sharing your wonderful information as always
    Sonya YAhh for AF turning up. Ironic that sometimes we want her and other times we dont!
    BG Rest up and dont work too hard over the extra long weekend

BW, CONGRATS on 15 eggies!!!!! you little beauty! That is a fantastic number. (I have only ever had 8 collected!) I bet that is a huge weight lifted from your shoulders. Hope you get plenty to blast....
    Carrie, I have never had to lie down for an hour after transfer. I wish I had the chance!!! Last time they said take your time and we will bring you a cup of tea but they never came back!!! After aaages I just got up, dressed and went back to work... a bit of a strange feeling actually!
    Sonya, yay on AF turning up. I usually HATE her but when I know that it means I can start AC stuff I put out the welcome mat for her!!
    Mel, I hope you are okay??
    BG, sorry AF is being a cow. It is hard to think that it could be doing your body a good thing when you feel so crappy.
    Hi to everyone else!!!
    I have just had a worrying thought. I may have to start Puregon tomorrow night or else thursday night, both of which I will be working till after midnight!!! I don't want my first try with the pen to be at work!! I work at a petrol station and will be on my own so when customers come in I need to get to the counter quickly... OMG how am I going to wrangle this one? I knew I would have to do it other days but I dont want to do my first one there. I read that I have to leave the needle in for 5 seconds or something and then the alcohol swab for a few seconds.. I have enought trouble getting time to myself at the right time for taking synarel let alone the needle too.... AAAARRRGGGGHHHH
    Last edited by sazzafrazz; April 4th, 2007 at 10:31 AM.

Keen, my puregon was all over the place! They started me on 150, no response so they stuck me on 300 for 4 days, and that started an over response! I was then dropped back to 200, 100, 75, then the last dose was withheld. I was a bit disturbed about the huge increase to 300, as they know I've got PCOS, and had predicted no response, then an over response... I also had my trigger shot kept at 5000IU (I think, it was one vial of powder anyway), there was no way they were going to risk giving me the full dose. My final estrogen level the day before collection was 14480. It's over now, and if those little embies behave, I should hope to never have to do the stim cycle again. And if I do, I know to kick and scream and yell at the mere thought of going to 300IU, and will demand much closer monitoring in the early stages, rather than going to daily monitoring once they knew I was in trouble.

Sazz, would it be worth waiting to do the injections until after you get home? You don't need that stress while working. And you do need to leave the pen in for a while, otherwise you the stuff leaking out of you. I had it once or twice with the lucrin injections when I was getting a little ****y and thinking I could do it quicker than I should have. I never took the puregon or lucrin at a consistent time. I had alarms for synarel and would squirt it while driving if that's where I was, but the lucrin and puregon injections I had whenever I was ready for them in the evening. Could have been anywhere between 7pm and 11pm. Check with your clinic, but I'm sure it will be ok to wait.

BG, will be crossing my fingers for a good blood test result for you. Really hope you get to start puregon tonight!

Me... still sore, bloated and gassy, but it is getting better. I still don't trust myself behind the wheel of a car, but that's mainly due to the panadeine forte I've been on. DH is coming home early to take me to acupuncture, and Leah says she can do stuff to help me recover so I'm really looking forward to that, and being able to feel better tomorrow. I'm even considering a walk to the shops today. Usually takes 15 minutes, but I'm expecting to take half an hour, as I'll be going very slow and gentle.

BW

BW. Thanks for that. I was under the impression that I had to take the puregon at exactly the same time each day... I am waiting on a call back from the clinic ATMo because I have no idea if I need to do another blood today... I have it done in the country and couriered to Adelaide so the results are a bit later. Maybe I need another done today just in case? Anyhow, when I get hold of a nurse I will ask her quite a few questions. I am a bit miffed actually because I feel I have been left hanging in the air a bit this time around. I have just been sent all this stuff with very detailed instructions about some of it and not had much of a talk to anyone about all the other variable stuff.
    BG. I reallllly hope we can both start puregon tonight. It would be great to see the comparisons in cycles and have a buddy through this process. Wouldnt it be just fab if we both get a BFP out of this one!!!!! Hope AF is treating you nicely now and packing her bags.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    SAZZ X x x

Got my call from the clinic. All 15 embies are growing! There are some that have some fragmentation... she didn't say how many, and I'm not sure exactly what it means for an embie to have fragmentation, but she did say that it doesn't automatically mean the end for them. I'm excited! I was half expecting to lose a few each day, and all 15 have made it to day 2! WHEEEEE!

Feeling very, very sore after I foolishly decided I was up to a walk to the shops. I felt fine before hand, but I'm very sore, tired and a bit breathless now. It also took me three times longer than normal! Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Now I'm off to try to find out what it means to have embryos fragmenting...

BW

Mstickles Guest

Hey Sazz

I spoke to the nurse yesterday about having my needle 2-3 hours later because I'm going to the V festival tonight and don't really want to be doing it at an outdoor gig. She said it would be fine to wait and the spray is the most important thing to have at the same time but it would be better if I just did it there. So I'm taking it with me and doing it in a disgusting portaloo YUCK. I guess diabetics do this stuff all the time.

I hope you are doing OK and everyone else too.

BW what a clever girl you are!! you have made some winning embies there by the sounds!!!

just waiting to ring for bloods result at 2.30 then i will know whats happening next. progesterone levels were still really high last friday hopefully they have dropped now....

is it possible for them to drop in just 4 to 5 days and does AF assist in dropping them? gawd it seems like everytime i ask a question another half a dozen pop into my head. oh well like mum always told me- no question is a silly question, so dont be afraid to ask.

hi ladies

sonya, from what i understand, AF usually arrives in response to a drop in progesterone, so having her arrive is probably a good sign for you!

Sazz - i'd be ringing the clinic to find out if you need more bloods - i have a 60km round trip to get my bloods done, so i know how annoying it can all be

BW - WOO HOO - hun, that's awesome news!

Me - well, AF is being painful still - i can't work out what's she's doing - i've never had stop/start AF like this before - fair enough with the PCOS i had it go off and on for a few weeks sometimes, but this is just frustrating - i figure she either needs to turn up for a complete visit, or bugger off!! none of this popping in to say hi, then going away, only to show again 12 hours later!

BW - congrats on your egg numbers thats a fantastic result. Hope you start to feel better really soon.

Sonya - How did your BT go today?

BG - hope AF has left and your feeling better.

Sazz - have your had your results back yet?

Hi to everyone else, hope all is well.

Two more days until my BT and we'll hopefully be starting our first cycle over the weekend. We've had so much stuff on lately and i've been flat out at work so the time has flown, which has been great. Just a quick question about Syranel & Lucrin can anyone tell me the what side effects they have - i'm guessing they would both have different side effects?

biggest side effect from synarel was headaches - maybe a little bit of sinus congestion, but not really too much for me - i just found i have had headaches worse than normal (but luckily, to nowhere near the degree some of the other girls have mentioned!)

apart from that, within a couple of days after starting both cycles i started to get a kinda heavy feeling in my lower abdomen, and this time AF has been a nightmare and a half!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast