... 34567 ...

thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Dec 2008
    Melbourne, VIC
    4,637

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Thanks Juniper, CD5 today is perfect

    Emma, I'm taking 600 mg of the COQ10. And I hope that this pipeline biopsy is different too!

    Welcome Cass!

    Sorry, a bit of a whinge. I've got my FS appointment on Monday, and because of the shop, OH can't come to the appointment with me, which really sucks as I really wanted him to be there . Anyway, he says to go on my own and tells me he's not happy with our FS as he's promised the world but so far nada. The thing is, I have no time looking for another FS and start from scratch! Panic stations!!!!

  2. #2
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Oct 2012
    BrisVegas
    273

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Welcome Cass! Please share your story, I briefly saw your post in the other thread - there is a wide variety experience with IVF in this group, hopefully you can the support you need.

    Miss B - hugs, that sucks. Is there another FS in the practice group (not sure of what sort of set up your FS has) that you can have your file transferred to if your OH is not happy? That way you won't have to start again, as they will already have all the info.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    May 2009
    Brisbane
    3,105

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Cass, hi and welcome!

    Miss.B, sometimes a fresh approach can make all the difference. We did 4 IVF with our first FS (plus 6 IUI and 1 FET) and he never got us a BFP. Our first IVF with our second FS (after he did a lap and diagnosed and removed my endo) gave us DD.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Nov 2011
    Melbourne
    227

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Miss B - I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Apr 2013
    413

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Hey girls ,
    Miss b go for the radical one is what I'd do!

    I'm thinking of changing too.

    My bt confirmed chemical preg :-(
    Does it ever ever end?!
    Now I'm up to 8!!!
    I feel so defeated today!

  6. #6
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Dec 2008
    Melbourne, VIC
    4,637

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Juniper, thanks lovely

    Sarah, I'm so sorry sweetie, you don't deserve this! I'm so peeved off for you hun, I really hope that you'll soon have a sticky one .

    PlanetSasha, I've cleared my inbox. Thanks for replying hun!

  7. #7
    Registered User

    May 2009
    Brisbane
    3,105

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Sarah, I'm sorry to hear the b/t confirmed your suspicions. Even going through this before, it doesn't stop us hoping for a miracle or praying that we're wrong. Be kind to yourself as you grieve your loss. xx

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Apr 2013
    413

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    I will xo
    Warning down post ahead...
    I'm thinking of the scarey thing we all dread to think it's never going to happen , I hate the no guarantee thing!
    You work hard at something long enough it will pay off we are taught, but not this and it blooming is not right.
    A baby comes so easy to many I feel like a broken freak. Everyone around me has no probs or if they did easy fixed.
    Every time I say I'm preg now I just wait to loose it, be optimistic they say! Yeah I tried that, tried praying my heart out , crying, begging, ignoring. Getting on with life.
    Visualization blah blah
    Same out come.
    It annoys me that it can be only three things, uterus, sperm or eggs. 3!! Should be able to find out.
    Not knowing why is hard.
    I want answers like we all do.
    My heart goes out to all of you xxx

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Epping, VIC
    2,546

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Sorry to hear about your chem Sarah

    I too have had 3 chemical pregnancies.

    My FS has put them down to chromosomal abnormalities.

    We're now doing PGD to look for that 1 perfect embryo..... It's hard

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Apr 2013
    413

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Big hugs thanks for your positive words juniper.
    Would you consider going further with donated emby or such?

    I think I would go the donor eggs as long as my partners sp. As long as I get a baby.
    But it's hard to come to terms with it all!

    Emma big hugs too it's bloody tuff, chems are the worst.
    I feel like nut after having 8 now!
    I'm the woman who cried pregnant! Instead of wolf lol.
    Have you got any good embies yet using pgd?
    How many rounds?

    What a ride!

  11. #11
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Epping, VIC
    2,546

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    We had 1 good out of 9 last cycle :-(
    That was our first PGD.
    Starting another cycle now.... Really have my fingers crossed for better numbers!

  12. #12
    Registered User

    Apr 2013
    413

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    1 out of nine gosh, who knew. I wonder how many of us on this tuff journey that haven't been Testing using pgd actually have such dud emby numbers ratios and we just don't know it!
    I only had a dud cycle of 3 eggs last IVF we had! Prob all dud lol
    The highest number I got was 8 eggs.

    Strange thing for me is we mainly get a + hpt using ovulation induction/natural .

    And ivf doesn't even get us a bfp. Only once briefly.

    I really pray you get your golden emby next!
    Expensive game.

  13. #13
    Registered User

    May 2009
    Brisbane
    3,105

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Sarah, yes, donor embryos are certainly an option for us. DH is okay with donor eggs, donor embryos and adoption (lol, all the expensive options!!). He's dead set against donor sperm (with my eggs), so that's the only option that's out for us. Our FS has recommended both donor eggs and donor sperm, so donor embryos is also a logical extension of those recommendations. Additionally, donor egg/embryo cycles can be done after menopause, so that takes some of the pressure off (given that I may have only a year or two before menopause).

    Emma, keeping FX for you this cycle.

  14. #14
    Registered User

    Apr 2013
    413

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Oh that's good juniper :-) I'm glad you got options too.
    I don't think my DF would even consider donor sperm either.
    Gosh I'd hate to tally up how much we spend on this!
    Lots and lots of saving! (debt too!)
    I'm off to see FS on thurs to map another plan (yet again!)
    I have decided us on our own with OI is not working lol

    It's kinda good to know time frames can relax a little then!

    I'm tired of feeling like a dried up ol lady of 36!! All I think when I see other women my age these days is I wonder if they got hardly any eggs left? Lol.
    I used to be a blooming swimwear model before starting ttc and I don't look old yet! Sheesh.
    Yeah that's my bruised ego I guess. It hits you this journey in every spot. I used to feel like I shined now my shine is kinda gone and I got to get some of it back!

    40 is the new 30 they say these days! ... Nobody told my blooming eggs that! I see a lot of older mummies out there and a lot say it happend natural! All I think is please lend me your repro parts if you done then ha ha

    Gosh I'm rambling.

    Anyway, chin up and soldier on ladies
    Healthy bubsy dust xxxxx

  15. #15
    You were RAK'ed in 2015

    Mar 2011
    Perth
    1,350

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Hi ladies, I'm Pholi. I'm new.

    I've been stalking for a whole now, but I think it's time I introduced myself.

    We're just getting started on AC for any number 2. We have DS who is 20 months, and was conceived by ICSI on the first cycle. We have MFI - my DP has an epidydimal cyst which gives him pretty low sperm count, so we knew that we were likely to need help this time too.

    So I've seen my FS again, he's happy to go ahead and make us pregnant again. He's keen to do the Ovarian reserve blood tests to help determine drug doses, for which I need to be no longer BF.

    So DS had his last feed last Wednesday, and is coping surprisingly well! It's one more week before I can get the tests done, three weeks for the results to come in and see the FS again to discuss results, and if the timing is right, I might be able to get a cd21 appt straight away and start an egg collection cycle then! But I'm cd24 today, on a 31 day cycle, give or take, so it's cutting it really fine, and we might have to wait a whole other month. :/

    I'm really glad to be getting this process started, I've been feeling 'ready' to get pg since DS was 7 months, but we didn't start trying til he was 12 months. Then DP wanted to put off getting an FS appt cos he was worried about money, then it took 2 months to actually get the first appt... I feel very hopeful, since we conceived DS on the first go, but if course I'm that much older now, and there are no guarantees in this game.

    Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a little better.

  16. #16
    Registered User

    Oct 2010
    702

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Pholi welcome hope your stay is short xxx

    Just wanting to ask about the ovarian reserve blood test I have heard its not very accurate and its not worth the money. What's everyone's thoughts?
    I thought of having one as well then got told its not worth it but if you think it is maybe I should have one before my ivf as well??

  17. #17
    Registered User

    Apr 2013
    413

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Welcome pholi :-) hope it goes just as smooth this first time as well!

    1 moreplease, I got my AMH done and I don't know but I believe it is correct in being low for me . Other things point to this so that's not the definitive one.
    I am a poor responder and less in my antral follicular count ect. Periods lighter. Short Luteal phase. Ect.
    But then I've heard of it being wrong! And I've heard of the regeneration studies/ theory being that women can actually produce more eggs like mens sperm given the right circumstances!
    I've still not found help in knowing my AMH level it did nothing bar scare me lol.

  18. #18
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Epping, VIC
    2,546

    Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception April/May 2014

    Good luck juniper and happy anniversary!

    I had a cervical biopsy yesterday......
    Much more painful than last time- the cramps were intense!
    Start elonva next Wednesday!

... 34567 ...