... 4567816 ...

thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception August/September 2012

Dec 2010
    On my way

Hi ladies, can I join this thread? I recognize some names from others threads but for those who don't know me...we have been married almost five years and actively TTC for two. We have unexplained infertility. We went to an FS almost a year ago and now are finally booked in for our orientation and first IVF cycle.

I am currently 6CD with our appointment on sept 11(day 22). My family is supportive and know we will do IVF but DH doesn't want them to know when we are starting. I have a gorgeous friend I met on BB though who knows and is supportive!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

May 2009
    Brisbane

miloro, hi and welcome! Would you like me to add you to the list (3rd post from the top on this page)? We use the list to keep track of where everyone is at in their cycles, but you don't have to be on it if you don't want to.

Aug 2011
    Port Lincoln

Welcome miloro. You will find lots of lovely ladies all at varies stages of ivf. Feel free to ask away, as the first cycle can be overwhelming, but taking it one day at a time helps. I too have unexplained infertility. At 41 they are just putting it down to age. Good luck with everything and may you be one of the blessed ones and get pg on the first go

Dec 2005

Just popping in to spread some good luck vibes

AFM, 6wks tomorrow and so far.....................nothing - no bleeding, loads of pregnancy symptoms and a bHCG of 1660 taken at 5wks. So Im hoping with everything I have that our scan on thursday shows a healthy bub with a heartbeat! I'll update then and if its good news you can bump me to the graduate spot on the list!

Dec 2010
    On my way

Thanks for the welcome juniper and Vic. Happy to be added to the list.

It sounds perhaps silly and naive but I have a good feeling. I knew before we started TTC that we were in for a long journey, but I feel good about the IVF. Let's hope that feeling lasts

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Feb 2012

morning ladies, hope you all had a good weekend. im sure n2l & juniper did with their positive opk's...

vic - any luck with af? just typical when the only time you want it to come, it doesnt. very annoying having to wait.

miss b - hi, been wondering how you're getting on. sorry to hear your still a bit sickly, hope you feel better soon. (and yep - elonva is the slow release drug. i hope it works as well last time.). xx

freya - sounds promising, best wishes for your scan this week.

milaro - welcome. i am in the unexplained category too, so you are not alone there. goodluck for your upcoming appt & i hope those good feelings mean that you wont be in here for very long.

afm - not much to report really, took elonva saturday & havent noticed any real side effects. im not worried (yet!), as i remeber last time i didnt feel many side effects either (ie bloating, ovary pain etc). it was after epu that i was a little uncomfortable. have a scan tomorrow to check progress, so fingers crossed there is something going on in there. hope you all have a great week. xx

Aug 2011
    Port Lincoln

Andie - No luck with AF Still waiting. I am going to call my clinic this morning to arrange another BT. I wont know until tomorrow what the plan will be. I dont feel like I ovulated, but my prog was 25 and my E2 300 so she says its happened. I asked if it was left over from the pg, but she says no because of the d&c. So in short I will be stalking you re your Elonva. I am hoping to try that my next stim cycle and my clinic have just started using it.

Feb 2012

vic - 25 prog does sound post-ovulation... maybe your bt today will give you some more info. or better yet - hopefully af will surprise you and turn up today. i know how annoying it is just waiting around for something to happen so that you can get started. drives you crazy. xx

May 2009
    Brisbane

Monday 27th August 2012

Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
    Andie - CD5
    miloro - CD7
    Mrs Mac - CD9
    Me4ever - CD9
    N2L - CD20
    Juniper - CD29 (lap cycle)

Waiting for Transfer
    Emma - CD18

Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here....https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ek-Wait-2012-6)
    Kerbear - CD23 5dp2dt (b/t 7 Sep)
    J.Bear - CD33
    Vic261 - CD36 17dpo
    Freya - CD42 (+HPT!!!, hcg = 1660 @5wks, scan 30 Aug)

Got Their BFP in August
    myturn 2/8/12 HCG = 46, 6/8/12 HCG = 196!!, 9/8/12 HCG = 544!!
    Larry - 7/8/12 HCG 672!!

May 2009
    Brisbane

vic, how long after the d&c was that progesterone level? It took about 2 weeks for my temps to drop, so presumably it took that long for my progesterone to drop (I didn't have any b/t to monitor it)?

Andie, very exciting!

Afm, no temp rise today, so hopefully that makes today O day. Now to hope for a nice clear rise tomorrow!

Aug 2011
    Port Lincoln

My d&c was the 23rd July and the BT was done on the 16th August. 24 days after my d&c. Where is it??? My nurse said I should be about 7 days away from AF which should have meant last Thursday. Still waiting... Now I am stressing that if I didn't ovulate on my own, do I now try for a natural FET or just do the medicated to make sure the cycle actually goes ahead. I really want a stim in October, to make room for an FET in December if need be. Damn medicare saftey net!

May 2009
    Brisbane

Vic, did you call them like you said you were going to? If it's stressing you out, I'd say that's the way to go. That said, it's now 5 weeks since your d&c and that's a fairly typical cycle length for a d&c cycle (5-6 weeks), so I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong, I think it would just help you to know what is going on so you can stress a little less.

I will, however, join you in a chorus of "Damn you Medicare Safety Net (caps)"!! *shakes fist at heavens*

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Damn you IVF costs and Medicare safety net!!!
    (just throwing in my two cents)

Apr 2009
    Epping, VIC

I don't need ANY convincing- damn you IVF costs and Medicare safety net!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 2012

Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception August/September 2012

Quote for this stim is about $500 more than last stim I did in December. That's quite a price rise I reckon. *big frustrated sigh*

May 2009
    Brisbane

I'm dreading finding out how much more it will be than our last one (2010) if we have to do another stim cycle. I'm scared it will be more than we can afford.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2011
    Perth, SOR

Vic - it took me about 41 days or so before AF showed up after D&C... So hopefully not long before yours shows up...

IDD damn IVF costs and Medicare safety net...
    AFM just plottering along, day9 today, but can't really be bothered getting excited this month as it's another natural cycle. Only 2 months before our FET, but first a countdown to us taking off... 7 nights to go before I'll see my family again for the first time in a year (hmm not very long, but long enough). Anyhow if all seems a bit quiet from this end, I'll be busy eating lots of cheese, seeing lots of windmills and no tulips wrong season, bummer.... Am quietly stalking you guys though and keeping my fingers crossed for lots of BFP, for AF to show up (especially for Vic , for good egg hauls etc etc
    Hugs for all!

Aug 2011
    Port Lincoln

Thanks girls re timing of return of af. Maybe I am on track. I did have a bt but it gets flown to adelaide tonight so will know tomorrow. Maybe I ovulated day before first bt. Typical. I poas this morning and bfn. Didnt expect anything else. We had given up dtd around the time I may have o.

... 4567816 ...