Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #3

Dusty - I am here and will be back when things settle down alittle and miss you too
    Mon - I am there for you DH is the same with me
    Mands - Welcome

I know I have missed people but it is very busy and I will catch up with you all soon I promise I hope Shannon is ok

Hey Mon,

That really sucks hun. Its just so hard to accept - I feel p****d o** for you! I know this is one aspect I'll need to be prepared for, but I really don't think you can...
    I hope it goes well in Feb, you'll probably be cycling with me...

Anyway all the best and Italy - sounds perfecto! Eat a tone of pasta for me - I love food!

Rach xx

Hey Girls & Slyder!
    Hope you all had lovely relaxing weekends & have got your xmas shopping under control.
    Mon, I am so sorry to hear about your CR4PPY weekend and subsequent cancelled cycle. It really sucks! Take some time for yourself & DH to relax & be yourselves over christmas & then I am sure 2008 will be better.
    Rach81, MW, Mands & Bec D - hello to you all. I will try to catch up a bit on each of your journeys soon.
    TL & BW - hi! hope you are both doing well. I hope you are both having a break from work over christmas to relax.
    Me - much to my surprise scan was "perfect" and so we are doing FET on Thursday lunch time. Woo Hoo! Well hopefully....I guess the embie may not defrost properly, but I am really stoked at the moment as I was sure this cycle would be cancelled. BT will be 02.01.08 & the clinic will be open till 2pm that day, so will be able to call and find out results. On the downside, I start the Progestrone Pessiaries tommorrow morning. YUK! Have done the crinone, but have heard these are yukky. Anyway, I guess its part of the journey.
    Take care all & I will speak to you tommorrow.

Hello all,
    Well the countdown continues...start my Lucrin injections on Fri. Based on my 'practice' go, I'm not going to be wearing a bikini this summer as I ended up with a great bruise on my belly . First scan booked in the for the 4th Jan...it is hard not to get ahead of myself and start planning everything out...

Melissa, miss c, smithy and lil chookie - good luck and it will be great to have a few on the same journey early next year. Have a great xmas and here is to a for all of us in the new year (we can hope anyway )..does santa deliver babies? Keep in touch.

Peta GL with the FET

Farmgirl, I'm a master at the bruises! I gave myself some shockers, and then the nurses gave me quite a few more when I was in hospital and having clexane injections. Grab some hirudoid cream - it does help make them disappear faster.

Good luck!

BW

Just popping in

Mon, I am so sorry to hear about your cycle being cancelled xxx
    Yell & cry and do whatever you need to as much as you need to to get through it

Think new year, new things... Thats what I'm thinking anyway!

Peta - Lots & lots of luck for you for Thursday... Hoping your little embies thaws fighting xxx

Bec - IVM is sounding very very interesting!!!
    Can't wait to see how your cycle unfolds

Big hi to everyone else, in panic mode here with Christmas and the wedding unfolding... but getting excited!!!

Will be much more relaxed when I finish work tomorrow night!!!

Hope everyone is wonderful

Best of luck, I hope it all works out for you

barney Guest

yay for you hun i wish you all the best with your injections on friday and scan on the 4th hun ill be thinking of you take care

sending a heap of positive vibes for you

slyder Guest

Mon, sorry your cycle went a bit crazy. It's certainly hard when you get yourself prepared emotionally only to find the other end of the bargain doesn't hold up.

Welcome to the thread Mand.

Dusty, no doubt you're out surfing or something and wont see this but I hope you have a great time down south.

Bec, I'll be really really interested in how this IVM thing shapes up. You're our BB pioneer

Peta, all the very best with the FET. Yeah, the pessaries are annoying more than anything, especially as you're supposed to lie down for half an hour to an hour afterwards. DW used to wake up at 0530, put it in and go back to sleep.

Big hi to the rest of the gang.

DW had to have a BT today to find our where AF had gone (40 days, record for her). Typically, AF came tonight anyway. So it's back on the pill now (which means we only had one month of TTC au naturale ) and then transfer in Feb all things going well.

Hi Guys

Just a quick one to say thanks for the huge kick in the butt! DH dragged in me into hospital for the OHSS on Friday and they let me out yesterday, feeling a lot better but still far from 100%. Thanks for all the kindness and support :hugs:

Mon - really sorry to hear the cycle was cancelled, hope your feeling ok?

Will catch up on personals hopefully tomorrow. but thanks again!

Shan

slyder Guest

Shan, so pleased to hear you're back in action (mostly!).

Mon – Sorry about your cancelled cycle hon, I know how much that sucks
    Peta – Good luck for Thursday! Hope everything goes well for you.
    Slyder – Hadn’t thought of myself as a pioneer but will gladly take the title should it work!
    mand – no we haven’t done iui as DH has low motility and they don’t believe it’s worthwhile. We have been quoted success rates of approx 25-30% for IVM as opposed to around 50% with IVF (for our age group) but we are happy to go with it as there are less drugs in my system, less injections, cheaper option, and no cancelled cycle – this being the number one reason as I fell into an emotional tailspin when my first IVF cycle was cancelled.

Thanks for the support

Shannon, I'm glad you did the right thing by going to hospital. Believe me, I know about the not feeling 100% even though you're home again. Three weeks since EPU for me, and while I no longer have pain or bloating, I'm so far beyond exhausted it's just not funny. I still need to rest and sleep a lot - I guess it's been a big demand asking my body to deal with OHSS and pushing myself a little with end of year functions and stuff isn't helping.

Bec, I'm also watching the IVM progress with interest. I guess I've just realised that if we do get one baby out of this batch of frozen embryos, and then want to try for a second and need to do another stim cycle... OHSS and caring for a child or children is just not going to mix well at all!

BW

Kerri Guest

Smile Antonia is a Goddess!

Hi everyone. Sorry for being absent for a while. Just wanted to pop in and share our good news.

Saw Antonia Ruhl on Monday afternoon for a followup. As soon as she saw me she started congratulating me on being pregnant. I was quite taken aback. She made me do a urine test and sure enough it was positive. Isn't it funny how you can long for something so much and yet when you get it you can't believe it?
    I had to do another test to convince myself. Positive again. Antonia said she could see the little embryo. Amazing!

I was still in shock. Just had confirmation from my doctor that the blood test was positive. I guess that means I am really going to be a mum! Thank you all for your support.

Antonia has been amazing in her support of DH and myself throughout our journey with her. I know she will be a great help in the coming months as we adjust to the role of parenthood. My xmas has really come early.

Wishing everyone the very best on your own journeys TTC.
    Love,
    Kerri

CONGRATULATIONS Kerri!

Shannon, Good to see you back, sorry it happened that way, but glad you're feeling better.
    Kerri - Congratulations, thats fantastic.

*boo* anyone in here? lol

shannon, so glad you are ok and went to the hospital. 2008 will be the year hun!
    kerrie, congrats! so lovely to hear when a LTer has success and am so glad Antonia helped you out. spooky (in a nice way) that she knew like you were UTD.

no surf here today, almost flat as a pancake but had a great boogie board this morning. ummm i love holidays.

xx

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast