Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2008 #1

Miss C - I do hope all went well
    Shell - I will PM and get the ball rolling

miss_c - hope your results are good hon xxx

Good luck tomorrow, Salt.

Good luck for your BT tomorrow Salt

I'm also getting a BT tomorrow lucky me. I spoke to the clinic this afternoon about our decision to do IVM next month, but we realised that Easter is exactly where EPU would be. Damn! So depending on what my baseline levels are tomorrow, they might put me on the pill to control my cycle a bit. Having never been on the pill before, I'm a little nervous about that option! I guess with all the other hormones in my system, that will hardly make a dent lol :P

I am trying to get all my paperwork in order so that I don't do my usual freak out at tax time when I cant find any of my receipts! So I have started a table with all of our medical receipts, and I nearly have heart failure. In the past seven months, we are $5150 out of pocket which includes IVF, dr's visits and misc medical costs. And after next month it will be up to $8300. Aaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

MissC - hope all is ok and that HCG levels have dropped enough to allow you to go ahead this cycle. I have had similar experience once after a m/c - took 9weeks for HCG to drop enough to allow us to go into another medicated cycle!!! felt just bizzare wishing HCG away.

BecD - Good on you, you brave,brave woman for getting straight back into it. Crossing everything that this next cycle is THE one.

Kell - hoping those follies are growing well in there

peta - After my first cycle in Nov last yr wher my E2 never got over 185 (despite lots of follies),my FS put me onto pregnyl 100units every second day. It acts like LH to stimulate the oestrogen producing cells in the follies. Certainly helped last cycle but this time around not doing nearly so well.
    Can't see why your FS wouldn't consider this for you as possible help with E2 levels?

Better news today. My scan showed 11mm,12mm and 9mm follies (good for an IUI cycle) and my E2 was up a bit at 331, at least consistent with the follie size. So hoping its just a really slow start and things might kick along in the next few days. Back on friday for another scan/BT. Was hoping we would have had IUI by then but at least better than a cancellation. Crossing everything for slow but good eggies!!

Bec - so sorry to hear about the clinic mucking things up in not telling you both sooner . Hope the timing works out for your next stim cycle I know what you mean about all those bills/statements - I got in such a muddle, I did a table too, but it's frightening seeing all that money spent, on the screen. So worth it in the end though - I'm really you get there soon!

Kell - sorry about your disappointing scan result, I'm things are looking better for Friday. My clinic still went ahead with EPU with only 2 mature follicles but maybe it depends on actual sizes and hormone levels, I so hope you get there, what a rollercoaster (and not a fun one)

Meredith, things sound good with the latest scan results, hope your follies behave and reach the target soon

everyone else ! I'm just plodding along..

But... OK, VENT WARNING... I'm VERY annoyed at the moment about pessaries and need to talk to the doctor about it. In my natural cycle they didn't say I had low progesterone levels; and in my first IUI I just had pregnyl. In my second IUI, a different doctor did it, and he put me on single progesterone pesseries, and the end BT I was told that although BFN, I had good progesterone levels so I was absorbing well. But for my IVF cycle, a different FS yet again (they do it on roster), at the time of EPU put me on TWO pessaries a day - where is the clinical justification, I ask you???? (I should have asked HIM, but I was too distracted by the epu, and also conscious that he is THE bigwig doctor director of the clinic, who many of the clinic patients hold in awe) And in the meantime, I get a bill for $98 (not claimable) - and they only gave me 14 pessaries, that's 7 day's worth. Does that mean that if I get pregnant this cycle, I'll have to pay $98 per week for the next 3 months??? that just doesn't seem right, does it? I need to ask when I'm next at the clinic on Friday. I'm annoyed I didn't question them about the pessaries at the time...
    Last edited by deni; February 13th, 2008 at 10:17 PM.

deni - you can shop around a little for pessaries - i think the cheapest place i've found was $85 for 34 pessaries (so 17 days) - most expensive was $208 for the same number of pessaries - so there is HUGE variance! i think it's pretty standard to require additional progesterone support with IVF over IUI - not that i'm sure, but i think it's something to do with how high your levels are pushed to get the follies, so there is much more chance of it dropping too low and resulting in AF or loss... i'm not sure, but that is the impression i get...

IUI is more like a "natural" cycle in that all they're doing is forcing ovulation - where your body is treated differently for IVF...

and yes, the paperwork i have for my clinic states i'll have to have the pessaries twice daily for 10-12 weeks if i get a bfp - fun (NOT!!!)

Ahh ok thanks BG that kinda makes sense.... I'll quiz the nurse about it tomorrow tho and I need to find out if they've charged me correctly, maybe they think they gave me 2 weeks' worth. Interesting about the shopping around point - where else would I buy them? I thought they'd just be available at the clinic you're registered with?

Just a quick hello I will try and catch up later.

Miss C how are you sweet

Hello all,
    Sorry to have been MIA but DH decided to crash his motorbike on the weekend and as a result got a quick helicopter ride to the Alfred Hospital - so things have been a bit crazy. However at least we are now home, having cleared him of any fractures etc of the neck and spine, it is now just minor amnesia and memory probs to deal with...I'm hoping that bad luck does only occur in threes and now we are at the start of a good luck run after a BFN, crap at work and now the accident - I dont think I can mentally put up with any more stress

saltprincess - good luck with the BT

BecD - cant believe what has happened and hope that all works out for your BT and going on the pill. Maybe we should just lobby to cancell easter - I know I dont need all the chocolate!

Deni - good luck working everything out and good luck with the cycle. wishing you a BFP.

Miss C - hope that all goes well with the BT and that the results come back good so you can start the FET. Hold in there

To everyone else, hello and hope all is well and I'll catch up when my head is in a better space.

FG

Deni - I get you on the pessary deal. I've never been diagnosed with a progesterone problem but was put onto pessaries after 2 m/c's. Don't quite get it myself given that was very unlikely the reason for my m/c's. i think when I was pg with DS, after the first few weeks of good prog levels, i dropped the dose myself (didn't tell Dr) just to make them last longer and cos I wanted to trust my own body a bit.
    This time around I am getting my pessaries from a compunding pharmacy in melbourne $66 for 30 so much cheaper than at clinic pharmacy. It was actually my FS and clinic who told me where to get them cheaper. Maybe ask if there is compunding pharmacy that will do it near you.

Farmgirl - how awful re your DH. Like you need that kind of stress atm! Hope he (and you) are doing ok now

Shel Guest

Just a quick hello, hope everyone is having a good day.

TL, sorry you couldn't PM me, must be something I haven't set up right, I will email you.

Good luck to everyone with their BT results, hope they are good.

I am just plodding along ready to start Clomid on D2 and hoping to get a date for Endo removal soon.

Shel

Farmgirl - sorry to hear about DH

Farmgirl - how frightening to go through that with your DH. Hope he's doing better by the minute. WOW he's so lucky though to have got away without major trauma!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GIRLS!I hope you have all been spoilt rotten. I have. Hubby sent me some lovely flowers to work this morning, completely unexpected. What a wonderful man!
    Meredith - thanks for the info re pregnyl. I will see if that is part of my program this cycle. Very happy to hear your numbers are improving this cycle.
    FG - I am glad to hear your hubby is ok. Mine rides bikes too (road & trail) and I always worry about other drivers more than him.
    TL - it is getting close to your next cycle - i bet you are getting excited!
    MissC - are you ok? I am anxious about you. Take care of yourself.
    sorry, have gone into advanced posting, thus can't do my usual trick & read back as I write, so a big HELLO to everyone else.
    Take care & I will catch up soon.

Thanks everyone, feel terrified about the scan tomorrow. Just so scared of a cancellation. Trying not to think about it...

All the best to everyone

Question - if your pg and your on progesterone pessaries/injections - will that help increase hcg levels? or does hcg levels increase on there own??

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast