Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2008 #2

Default Yeah A Long Weekend

Hi to everyone,

Vicki - think you need to disscuss this with the chemist. Tell him everything and then he will be able to make an informed decission if he doesn't know he will find out.

Tigger -glad the launch went well.

Miss_c - thanks for the name. found it yesterday but now i know what is causing the moods i am going to try and control them myself. so far so good.

Well just thought i would wish everyone a great weekend (a long one for WA). Going away to relax with DH and DS and leave the treatment behind for a few days. Back into it with scan and bt on tues. Will let you know how it all goes.

Hi All,

Hope your day is going well. I'm waiting for more BT results to see where my HCG levels are at today. I just want to be able to start a new cycle and move forward from the sadness.

Miss C- I too was using 4 pessaries a day, so I don't think it's abnormal. Don't really know about side effects though. I was pg so couldn't really tell what were side effects from drugs of from being pg. Sorry I can't help much.

Have a good day

Hugs Bel

I am with you Bel - let's just clear the decks and get on with the next one!

bring it on universe!
    Axx

Oh - TL you are not a sook sweet - my DP is away all next week and it sucks, particularly at this time - I am in West End in Bris - if you are close by I can offer you some chamomile tea!

Saph - everything crossed for you darling

Miss C - great results sugar!!

I have booked acupuncture for next round and will not accept no for an answer!!

Hugs
    A

dellydoo - hope the acupuncturist gives u moxa seriously tho, I hope he gives u the best treatment to get ur bod in the right possible condition for ur bub2b.
    bel -
    saph - aww! have a wonderful weekend with ur 2 guys!!
    pookie (vicki) - GL hun with thrush!
    hello and hugs to everyone else!!

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to drop in for a bit of advice and support. I have only posted a couple of times but look at forums every couple of days so feel as if I know you all.

I had my first EPU today on my first IVF cycle, having previously done only IUI. Anyway, the ultrasound on Wednesday showed 3 large follicles so I knew that would be the highest number of eggs collected but I did not expect to be in recovery and be told they only collected one egg.

I am trying to be very positive but I know the stats especially doing ICSI - hard enough to get good embryos from several eggs without it only being one. I just hope the embryologists are working really hard this avo to do everything they can to get a fertilised embryo from my one poor little sad egg.

Bel - I just wanted to say that I feel your pain - I have had two biochemical pregnancies and know the feeling when you just want levels to go back down so that you can start on a new cycle.

Kylie

Hi Ladies...

OMG you talk a lot...am struggling to catch up so please give me a little time.

Delly - I am sooooooooo sorry about the BFN...man...I thought one of us could do it..

Scooby - go for it...the more the merrier... no seriously...I think it's worth a 'shot' so to speak..??

Kyles - I am sure that one egg is disappointing. Imagine some poor ladies end up with none. Sometimes the follies are actually empty - sadly its happened to me a few times that I think I am going to end up with more then I do due to follie count. I soooo hope the little one fertilises for you...you have more chance with ICSI so fingers crossed..

Please give me time ladies to catch up a little...

Hi Lulu

Thanks so much for your reply. That is true that some ladies end up with no eggs at all so I am so grateful for my one at least. I have everything crossed for a positive phone call tomorrow to say that it has fertilised.

Shel Guest

Thanks for your best wishes, have my everything crossed now.
    Vicki, that would have been exciting seeing the transfer, I hope you are feeling well and sending lots of sticky vibes your way, I hope it is the BFP for you.
    Salt: have my fingers cross for you for a BFP on 10th too, hope the wait goes quickly.
    TL: yes, it looks like we could be buddies, that would be great
    Dellydoo: sorry to hear, what a bugger, hopefully the next time is the one, good to get straight back into it
    Scooby: thanks, I hope the one follicle I have is 'the' one! That is a hard one for you with the 5 follicles, I would probably go on the advice of my FS as I don't have much experience but for what it's worth if there was not much chance of the 15mm follicles ovulating I would probably go for the IUI though I am getting to the point of welcoming multiple birth if that's what it takes! I'm sure you will make the right decision for you, good luck with your appointment.
    As for me all went well with the IUI from what I can tell, it was a bit weird the first time as I didn't know what to expect and was pretty well in and out of there in 15mins. The FS said morphology of sperm was a bit low, not sure how that effects things, need to understand how the IUI things works a bit more that I do at the moment. Had a bit of cramping afterwards, hope that is normal. Now the TWW, I have a BT on 6/3 to check that I ovulated and the 13th is the day.
    Bel: That is awful news for you, I hope you are being kind to yourself and it?s good to hear you are going straight back into it, take care.
    plc: thanks and all the best to you and hope your temps calm soon, I think I could do with some of that moxa stuff, sounds good
    All the best to everyone one here, wishing you all a BFP soon.
    Have a lovely weekend ladies.
    Shel

Shel - glad IUI went smoothly and crossing everything that your TWW is quick and painless

Vicki - Stick little embie stick. Hoping the thrush goes soon too!

DD - sorry again (have followed progress in TWW forum)

Scooby - its a tough choice but I would prob go ahead and take my chances. I have had cancelled cycle and that was just awful after all the injections,scans etc.

Bel - I am so, so sorry darl. I can truly say I know how you must feel having been through 2 m/c's. you will probably never "get over it" but things do get a lot easier with time. I am with you on getting straight into another cycle. I was just desperate to be pg again and take away some of the pain. Hoping your HCG drops quickly (about the only time I would ever wish that on anyone)

Tiger - Home alone on the w/e ? get some friends around or go out for a girls night I say!

Miss C - best of luck for ET on Mon. Hoping the next embie is a sticker

PLC - good old moxa. Glad you enjoyed it. I hate the stuff. used it heaps with DS to try and turn him from breech (didn't work) - stinks so bad and I think my house smelt like a hippy commune!!!

Kylie - follow some of Deni's posts. She only got one egg from EPU, had ICSI and is now preg. it truly does take only one! Praying it fertilizes well and you get a great embie!

Me - i am up and down atm. One minute feel a bit sick (which I take as good sign) and then get bad cramping which makes me realise AF could be lurking around the cormer. 11dpo today and desperate to POAS soon. Not sure how much longer i will hold out. haven't actually got BT booked but would be due Mon so would really like to be prepared before then.

Hi ladies, just got back from my work trip, it has been so hot here the last couple of days! Lucky me had to stay in 43degree heat in a place with no air con or even fans! EEK!

My Day 21 BT on Monday shows that I have ovulated but they are not sure when I did, so still waiting for AF to arrive to work out when EPU for our IVM cycle next month. Am praying AF arrives soon so it doesn't clash with Easter.

Sorry no personals, still trying to catch up with everyone!

*las* Guest

Hi ladies,
    Hoping to join you here, wasn't a member of BB when I did my last full stim and had little support at the time (didn't know many people doing IVF).

I just started the pill yesterday, doing my 3rd IVF/ICSI full stim, first cycle was cancelled due to poor response, 2nd cycle gave me 6 embryo's, 4 failed, 2 miscarried so hoping for 3rd time lucky Bit nervous as my last full stim was nearly 3 years ago!

Good luck to everyone!

Las welcome and GL with this cycle

Hi to everyone

RH76 Guest

Default Advice please

Hi all,

Sorry not to catch up on the personals and also that I've been missing in action since Jan.

DH and I have just had a huge row, to the point where I think we might call it quits. I've recently got a promotion at work and am really enjoying it, it's great for my career and after TTC for over 3 years, I am over it and now really want to concentrate on my career. That's not to say that I don't want a family, I desperately do, but I also am not one of those people who wants to be a mum full stop. I don't really care how I am judged for that, I know how I feel and what is good for my soul. So, having a family for me does not mean giving up my career. I want to wait until June until we try ivf, yet again, as if it does work, i don't want to tell my boss that I am pg and not be taken seriously, then put an end to my career. I'd rather have a few months under me in this position before I go through the stress of ivf again too.

DH has suggested adopting, which I was not happy about, but after a lot of thinking and soul searching I think it would be a good thing to do. I know I have the capacity to love a child, biologically mine or not. DH wants to adopt and to have 'our own' child IYKWIM. But I think we should face up to the fact that maybe we'll never be able to get pg and adoption could be the only way we'll have a family.

DH just does not believe that I'll do ivf again in June and is doubting me. I feel so angry with him for this, as I will try again in June. Also I don't feel that he understands what I am feeling about my career. He makes promises which financially I know we can't possibly sustain.

I love him so much and don't want my marriage to end, but this issue is driving a huge wedge between us. Maybe I'm being selfish, as he's older than me and feels time is not on his side. But I can't help how old he is. That's just something he'll have to deal with.

I'm so sorry to ramble, and to jump in in the middle of a thread, but I don't know where else to turn.

Any advice please?????

Hey RH76

The pressure of trying to conceive can be terrible as I'm sure many can attest to. Sounds like you both some thinking time.

I don't know if this will help or not but last Oct, DH and I had decided definately that we were going to go ahead with IVF. We went away to a wedding for the weekend waiting for AF to start in the next couple of weeks to then start the process of an IVF stim cycle. On the Monday after that weekend my boss and I had a conversation, he was creating a new position and offering it to me, a job that I have always wanted.

Icouldn't sleep properly for a week. Of course I accepted. How could this all be happening at the same time.

I just couldn't immediately go ahead with IVF. I had to really think about the whole time of things and what I was going to do.

What helped was that I had taken out insurance to partly cover IVF 12 months prior, I could start to claim from 29.12.07. So with some thought I decided to start in Jan. Which we did. My new position was official from 01.01.08. Its a fantastic opportunity so I have been in it for a couple of months now.

Ok so had my first egg collection approx. 1.5 weeks ago my priorities are definately on having a family. I have to wait till April for tfn - overstimmed. So the way things are working out are that even if I do get preggers (which I really hope I do) I will still have time in this role but am happy to move on to family things. Also I could take maternity leave and go back if I chose to.

Good luck, I hope the two of you can sort things out! Happy Happy thoughts!

Thought we could all do with a ! Cos if we r feelin a bit or even a bit , we just have to focus on that and there'll be a tomorrow when it's gonna be !!

Hi Everyone!
    I've done it again - missed a couple of days and now I'm a mile behind everyone's stories.
    RH76 - I hope your week is brightening up. I think sometimes we all need to remember life outside this TTC rollercoaster. Obviously your DH wants a bub as much as you, however, maybe he doesn't realise he is putting a lot of pressure on you. This year I have decided not to "pause" life for this TTC journey, but continue & if we get lucky, I know we will cope wherever we are at that point in time.
    Las - welcome to our little group - you will get lots of support here
    Belle333 - good luck for April cycle, hope everything keeps going the right way for you
    BecD - welcome back - the heat has been stifling hasn't it? We had a 43 degree day up here on 230208 & geez, it was terrible! Now that its March, its as if a switch has been flicked and the temperature has cooled down.
    Meredith - how you travelling? Hope everything is going well!
    Kyles - welcome on board - i hope the one little embie is the strong little one that you need.
    MM, DD, Plc, Miss_C & TL - a big hi to you all, hope your day is going well
    Me - well i thought I was all cool about this next cycle & had come to terms with the fact that it may or may not work, but no, two of our staff had their little ones in the office about an hour ago & I had to move away from them. I felt tears coming and knew that I wasn't really ready to accept a negative result. Jumping the gun - definitely, but it still surprises me the little things that upset me. I had been doing so well at keeping my emotions under control. I haven't even started back on the drugs yet so this could be my craziest cycle yet!!!
    Have a great afternoon everyone & we'll speak soon.

Peta don't jump the gun sweet don't worry the little things get to me to

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast