Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #3

Neanne - Welcome and best of luck this cycle I go shopping not sure if that will help you
    Hazy - It does seem overwhelming at frist but once the cycle starts you seem to just go with the flow

LOL Rather Hazy!! PMSL!!!!
    I do get myself tidyed up down there when undergoing these proceedures infact it is a little joke in my household, i used to wax for Dh now I wax for the Dr!!!
    This whole process is VERY overwelming and sometimes the only thing that helps is going day by day and just doing it. Good Luck

Yay Kell - Not long to go for you!

Hi All!
    So many new names again to me (I guess I will be to some of you too ).
    Well had my appointment with FS today to discuss next step. I was ready to try the final frozen embie & leave it at that, but have had a good chat & come away doing a "Boost" cycle & (hopefully ) Blastocyst transfer. FS has picked up a pattern that even though I produce good numbers of eggs during stim cycle, my oestrogen levels are much lower than he would expect, hence the "boost" cycle this time.
    I feel positive although FS has warned me that by going to Blastocyst we could get as few at 1 or 2 embies to transfer & he will probably over stimulate me a little to try to keep numbers up.
    Next appt is 27.02.08 for scan & see where to from there. So back on the OCP again. Weird!
    I hope everyone has something exciting planned for the Australia Day weekend. We are off to the lovely Rockhampton for Speedway racing. Woo hoo (not!). Not really too sure we should be going there with Emeralds flood waters heading that way, but not to worry.
    How is everyone going in their cycles?
    TL, BG, Miss_C & Slyder - how you all going?
    Take care all & we'll speak soon.

Peta good news sweet lets hope you get a nice little Blastie that sticks

Nothing exciting for me for Australia Day, just staying home, maybe light up the bbq in a show of patriotism lol :P Other than that, trying to relax as much as possible.

Read a horrible article in a baby magazine yesterday titled 'Goddess v Goddess', one article was from the perspective of an IVF mum, and the other side was from a naturally fertile mother attacking IVF women. It really upset me, I'm going to write a letter to the editor and also to the advertisers, I couldn't believe how aggresive the article was. Apparently "if we spent as much time planning our families as we spend planning our mortgages, we wouldn't be in this mess (infertility)". And "the infertility goddesses may have snazzy Mercedes convertibles, but I'm hardly going to ask them to keep them garaged at all times just because I fancy having one too". And this is from a popular Australian baby magazine!

RH76 Guest

BecD - I am totally and utterly shocked at your quote from that awful article. I think the non IVF mother needs to be locked up, never mind the mercedes! Personally, I would quite like a mercedes, but believe it or not, I don't have one, maybe that's because all of our spare cash is going on IVF (they probably think it is free, or worse that they are paying for all of it through their taxes - I bet we pay more tax than that awful poor excuse for a human being). The rest of the spare cash (LOL) is spent in my head whilst I am secretly day dreaming about all of the beautiful things I want to buy for my baby - when I finally get a bfp, and all of the wonderful trips around the world that I want to take my family on, so my child will be educated and have broad horizons, and will not end up a nasty, bitter, narrow minded nasty piece of work like that woman in the article obviously is!

I'm sorry, I have jumped into this thread and then ranted!

As you probably know, I am back in here after the end of the TWW with a BFN yesterday. Not happy. But looking forward very positively for the next cycle, which I am hoping DH and I can do asap.

I can't believe that people like that exist. What was the name of the magazine? And so what if people are successful or chose to spend their money on a mercedes? It's their decision. That non ivf mother sounds totally deranged.

What on earth has money got to do with infertility???? I'd better cancel that first class round the world ticket in case it makes me infertile. What a total load of nonsense. Needless to say she has a huge chip on her shoulder - a great big plank of wood more like. she's probably as thick as 2 short planks herself.

More ranting! Sorry. Off to do some ironing.

Hope everyone's cycles are going well.

RH76 - Sorry to see you back in here hon

The article has shook me to my core, sorry to take over the thread, didn't know where else to put it. Am still so angry over it.

Hi again ....... it has been a while since i posted, though i have been lurking, so keeping up a little with others news!
    Peta - good to catch up on your situation - i had wondered where you had got to. Best of luck with your boost cycle
    Bec D - it floors me sometimes to see how narrowminded people can be at times ... not to mention totally insensitve. This woman has no idea of how blessed she is to have her children. I'm sure if she was in our shoes, she wouldn't think twice of using what is medically available to have a family.
    RH76 - sorry to hear of your bfn, good luck also to you for your next cycle

I'm officially in my tww (cd26) but not overly confident that i even ovulated this cycle, so we will see ..... should have result either way by Mon/Tues. I'm holding off doing a 'poas', as i only want to see two lines, and if i just don't do it in the first place, atleast i can keep hoping i may have a bfp (if that makes sense... there are a lot of mind games involved hey )

Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend. DH and i are painting the house!! (well, not all of it, just the office!) tp

slyder Guest

Hey everyone.

Peta, just cruising along at the moment. DW coming off the pill and primolut thingo tomorrow and hopefully AF will come this week so it works in with the next round of transfers our clinic is doing in Feb.

RH76 - Sorry about the BFN
    Bec - Can I have the mag and editors details PM'd to me I would like to read and voice my disgust too!
    Sylder - Lots of and heres hoping we only have you as a mod after this cycle
    Theresep - GL for this TWW sweet

Hi everyone,
    Have been reading everyone's posts, but won't do any personals today, I'm sorry. Thinking of you all though.

I had my OPU yesterday, which went very well. 10 eggs, and FS was happy with my follicle sizes more this time and the prospect of the eggs not being under-mature.

Unfortunately on my way up to our new home outside of Melbourne after the OPU I started to get a great deal more pain and bloating than originally after the OPU. The short story is that I ended up in the local rural hospital and then transferred down to Melbourne in an ambulance at my FS's request, about midnight last night. She was concerned I may be hyperstimulating. I was put on a drip and Morphine and had tests in both the rural hospital and the emergency department in the hospital in Melbourne. The good news is I am not hyperstimulating - have just got some internal bleeding and fluid loss into my abdomen from the OPU which was causing the severe pain and bloating. The docs got my pain under control and by 5am this morning I was starting to feel better. I am now resting (had lots of sleep up until about 2pm today) at a friend's house in Melbourne, on plenty of pain meds, and staying here again tonight, resting and recuperating.

The best news is that my ET can go ahead - FS thinks it will be fine - and we're due to have it done at 10am tomorrow. After that we will return home

All is well, thankfully. Looking forward to some more rest and then hoping to hear good news about embryos tomorrow at transfer time.

Hope everyone is well. I am sorry not to write any personals this time, but I will keep sending you all lots of hugs and best wishes.

Miss C

Default First IVF cycle

Hi Everyone

I am experiencing my first IVF cycle, started Progesterone last Monday and Lucerin yesterday. I was quite worried about injecting myself .. so went to the clinic for the first one to be shown and guided ... and I can't believe how easy it is. While I don't expect this to be easy I have to admit that I have felt fine over the last week.

Actually I felt like i had more energy .. also heaps more hungry and the last few nights I have had heaps of trouble sleeping. But overall I have really felt quite good. (Got to mention that my husband said that I have done really dumb things in the last couple of days, he gave me some examples ... and you know what he's right - not sure if its the drugs or just me, haha.)

Normally I am quite hormonal and usually feel extremely tired and sh*t, so it has been a relief thus far.

I was told that I was 'slightly polycycstic', apparently they expect lots of eggs. Although I have to admit I'm a bit scared of this whole process and hope things don't blow out of control. I guess one worry that I have .. not knowing what to expect .. is that I don't want to lose it at work. I basically want to keep my act together. Hmmm we'll see.

So if anyone has any thoughts and/or suggestions please feel free to let me know!!

Default miss c

Absolute best for tomorrow...... thinking of you

oh missc. that sounds pretty scary, hope you keep improving, all the best for ET!

waiting1 Guest

Hi All
    Well Im back in here from the 2ww as got AF this morning exactly 10 days after transfer as with first cycle - so onto try four in Feb with the next FET !!! ahhhhhhh its crap !

Miss C - and for you sweet GL with ET
    Waiting: sorry to hear hun GL for the 12th of Feb
    Belle - I understand the work fear I have managed to be ok there. GL on your first cycle I hope it is short journey for you

Waiting I am sorry to hear that. Just on that, is a 10 day luteal phase okay? I ask because mine is 11, even on crinone or pessaries, and I have been wondering if thats okay. Mean to ask my FS next I see her. I know its said 9 or 10-14 is fine.. but it worries me being on the lower end of the spectrum. Just wondered whether its something that you have talked to your FS about or know more about? So sorry that af arrived for you

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast