Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #3

Default waiting1

Waiting1 .......... :hugs:

waiting1 Guest

Baby bliss - no we are both fine ! IF you are measuring the 9 days from your transfer then you are ok as that is 2 days after ovulation which is when your luteal phase begins therefore your luteal phase is actually 12 days. For a normal 28 Day cycle 14 days is standard - my cycle ranges from 26, 27 or 28 so this phase is normal.
    In fact the good thing is it shows we are regular which is a great sign. Given all the scans we have before transfers they can see the thickness of the lining etc so know whether there are issues there.. BUT having said that = why are these embryos not sticking? The only good part about getting AF on time is .. if it hasn't worked we know early and don't have to wait until BT.
    Surely one of the 3 would have been the right one?

Everyone else....
    Ill have to try and catch up as have been in the agonising 2 w ww. So I have BT tomorrow to confirm nothing happened this time then try again Feb.

This one was disappointing and the embryo had extra cells and looked like it was on its way. Im starting to think something is wrong with me that they wont everstick. I stood in the shower this morning and thought oh my god... what if fate has it that I am never ever to be pregnant..... scared me to bits and not something im ready to come to terms with just yet - but I am progressing rapidly to go through my frozen supply .. there will be only 4 after FEb try and I keep thinking surely they are working through them in order so I am heading down a scary path and also heading rapidly toward my 36th year. I desperately wanted to be pregnant before i was 36 - not looking great so far !!! anyway enough whinging. Hope all is well for everyone and Ill do some personals when I catch up again.

Hope everyone is well.

Its so hard to get through that heartache, go easy on yourself. I replied in your other thread also. Thank you for the LP info, I get my period on the 11th day after epu/ovulation, so 11 days. Yes, the silver lining is being put out of wondering misery early. Not much of a silver lining though, is it?! Take care of you.

Waiting do go easy on yourself sweet it is not your fault I am sure that it will work soon for you and DP. I am a stats based girl and DH keeps reminding me that the odds are only 20% greater with IVF than a natural cycle and that is a 60% chance of BFP. Hope this helps you

Hi All!
    How are we all this fine Tuesday?
    Waiting1 - I hope you are feeling more positive today. One good thing is that you have plenty of frozen embies left for more transfers. I hope you don't think I sound cold, just trying to find a positive for you (which is what I try to do for myself all the time). I question myself all the time about why cycles are cancelled, embies don't stick & I don't react to medication in the expected way, but what can you do? One good thing is that each time a cycle does not work, it is another step towards finding out exactly what is going on with my body. I'm also a big believer in fate.
    After my FS appt last week I have come up with some new thoughts & some of you may know the answers. Being that my oestrogen count is low & thus contributing to embies not sticking - is there anything you can take to help this? FS said no, but just wondered.... Also, and this thought is getting ahead of myself but anyway, I was wondering if low oestrogen could mean higher chance of MC later on (assuming an embie actually stuck)?
    Not much else happening here. I hope you all had a great long weekend!
    Take care & speak soon.

Hi all!

Rather hazy Congrats on your first big appointment. It seems like a lot of info to take in all at once, but I hope you will find it all to be straight forward once you get going. The nurses are usually very good at explaining just each step as you go along so it's not too much to undertake. It's very exciting!As far as your, um, presentation is concerned my take on it is that people come in a lot of different shapes and sizes - and the doctors do spend a lot of time poking a lot of people. It's hard not to feel self conscious, but I try to remember I'm probably one of a number that's been poked that day! I had a brazillian once, and felt more vulnerable and silly then than I ever have at a Dr appointment!They get paid enough, they can deal with what's down there Waffle mode off...

Miss C I'm so sorry to hear that your pick up was such a painful affair for you. I hope you are feeling much better now, and are being looked after

belle333 hi and good luck with your first cycle! I am just at the tail end of mine at the moment. Like you, I'm slightly polycystic too and I couldn't believe how good I felt on the gonal f injections. I had heaps more energy, and felt generally better than I have in a long time - I was joking to my hubby that I'd continue to take them later. I thought it was just me, but maybe it's to do with the PCO? Something I'll be looking into later anyway, for my general state of mind. I'll let you know what I find out! What sort of cycle are you doing?

rh76 and waiting1 sorry to hear you are here again

Over this way, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster few days!! I stuffed up mixing my pregnyl shot a bit, leaving 50% of the water in the ampule (it was stuck in the lid and I didn't realise). Apparently it's only a problem if you lose more than 50% but I was still pretty annoyed with myself.

I'd been told at my last scan that I had 6 eggs waiting for pick up, so you can imagine my surprise when I woke up Saturday to find that I had 11 mature eggs taken. My hubby was in the recovery bed beside me after his testicular biopsy, and he said I woke up about 5 times and asked him how many they got LOL I don't remember a thing!

Hubby's biopsy went all fine, even without any sedation at all, rather hazy! And he said he wasn't even sore afterwards. Just as well, because I was quite bloated and in a reasonable amount of pain, so he had to play nurse a bit. 3 days later I'm still quite sore and bloated really, not what I expected at all. He's obviously tougher than I.

We were supposed to be doing transfer on Thursday at blastocyst stage, so I was a little bit freaked out when I was called yesterday and found out just 3 of my 11 eggs had fertilised, and they wanted me to come in for transfer today! The nurse wouldn't tell me how healthy our buddies were when I directly asked, so I was conjuring up all kinds of scenarios in my head - they're not healthy enough etc etc. In the end it turned out a numbers game - if you have less than 4, their protocol is to do 3 day transfer unless you specifically ask for you. Information that would have been handy yesterday!!! I digress

We found out today our 3 buddies are in fact in good health. One compacted, one 10 cell and one 12 cell which is apparently quite good.

The transfer was all over before I really had a chance to contemplate it too much - it was a real buzz to see the little buddie flash up on the ultrasound screen as it was transferred into me.

So that's that! Already I'm in the two week wait - it feels so quick to be here already. I had a nice day with my feet up with hubby servicing my every whim - what a lucky girl! He's very excited about our jelly bean too.

I hope everyone has had a fantastic long weekend. Good luck to everyone, I guess I'll be popping into the other thread mostly now. Can I still post here from time to time? What's the etiquette!?

Thinking of you all

Tish
    x

Sorry for the war and peace post!!

Congratulations on the transfer Tish, I hope the wait passes quickly and you get good news! I tend to hang around here and in the 2ww thread when I am in that part of the cycle. No idea if thats the done thing though, come to think of it!

Hi Trish

Good luck, sounds so exciting. Your embies sound like they're in fantastic shape!!

Type of cycle .. not sure what you mean, think I am still coming to terms with it all. Actually I'm not sure what types of cycles there are ... sorry for my dumbness. I'm having an egg collection cycle, going back to clinic on Thursday for tests etc., and to get date for starting FSH. I know this will involve more injections but haven't seen the meds yet .. although I think its like a pen.

Anyway after your comments I'm curious to see how I am on the FSH.

Fingers crossed for you!

Trish - well done on making it to the TWW heres hoping for a BFP for you

Hey gals and guys,

Sorry I’ve been absent since my original post. Work desk setup means I can log on less often in private.

I started my first IVF stim cycle on Monday, on the Syranal (sp) spray and puregon 175iu. So far so good but I guess it might be too early for any side effects. I’m a bit more anxious about over stimming as my work collegue (shares my office) started IVF a few weeks back and over-stimmed at 51 eggs with a rise in progesterone that lead to cycle cancellation. So disappointing for her!

My clinic here in Perth offers tfer at blastocyst even tho this is my first cycle, tho it depends on how many embryos there are – if not very many they will transfer earlier and possibly do ICSI but it’s hard to tell until we see how I respond this first go. My first scan/us is on Sat (day 7). Not feeling any flickers yet so I hope my ovaries are responding!

The stats quoted from my clinic’s clients were about 33% success with IVF but then on the same sheet earlier it quoted 15% .. what the? Anyway, I guess I shouldn’t think about their stats at all, and just focus on the fact that with IVF at least I know that our chances should be much higher than they ever have in previous natural or even IUI cycles.

It will take me a while to get to know everyone and where you are all at, but I’m sending heaps of positive vibes out there to you all!

New news for me - i am no longer going to do the PREGNYL injections - after a long chat with DH and some reasearch we decided they werent what is right for me - so instead i will be starting progesterone pessaries instead soon! hopefully they will be better and hopefully they will work!!!

nattty Guest

News just in - transfer set for Monday. Been a long fortnight waiting to ovulate but finally on Day 20!!! for FET. Now I need a decent blast to thaw out for me..............

HJ - I too start pessaries tomorrow and if my last 8 cycles are anything to go by the one I did pessies for worked - all others Pregnyl ! Mind you I had pessies till 16 weeks and thats a lot of mess LOL!!

Natty - the FS did want me on pregnyl but that just scared me and i didnt understand why i had to go on it so i said no can do so he said he will start me on the pesseries instead!
    are they really that messy? man the things we have to go thru!!!

Thats exciting that ur transfer is set for monday - but im pretty clueless on the rest of what u are going through! so what is FET?

Natty - Gl with ET on Monday
    SP - Hang in there the little one may just be being kind
    Sharon - GL with the cycle

nattty Guest

Thankyou Tigger

Bec D any news?

Hi all
    I will do a few personals firstly:
    W1 - hope you are going ok?
    Tish - hope everything is continuing to plan for you
    BB, Belle333 & TL - hi - how are you all?
    Deni - how's this cycle going? 2 days to scan - hope there's lots of little follies there for you!
    SP - GL - hope this cycle is the one for you!
    Natty - GL for transfer on Monday, I hope they get a really strong embie for you.
    HJ1981 - I too have been on the pessaries. I didn't find them messy - just inconvenient. Having to run off from whatever you are doing to "take" is a bit annoying, but hey, if the end result is a BFP its all worth it!
    Not much happening here. I have had a few cracker headaches since being back on OCP. Another 3 weeks or so to go on that (boo!). The thing that gets me is that it seems backwards to be on the pill while trying to fall preggers?! I do understand why the FS use it, but just weird.
    Well take care everyone & I will check in on you all tommorrow.

Peta - how long have u been on the pessaries for? do u have any side effects besides the messy stuff that can happen? what OCP?

Peta - I know the pill thing was wierd for me to I am well I am just waiting for answers in March.
    HJ - Pessaries are not that bad not all that messy I just kept a liner handy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast