Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - July/August 2006

mrs timms Guest

CONGRATULATIONS Linda!! That's excellent news

What fabulous news Linda!!!

I am so happy for you. Enjoy this special time with your DH.

Congratulations Linda!
    It's so lovely to come in here and find a BFP!
    I truly hope you have a wonderfully happy and healthy pregnancy.

I still can't believe it. It feels like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders after such a long hard year. I am proof that IVF can work so don't give up.

When the nurse called to tell me my blood test was positive I didn't know whether to believe her, I was in such shock. I really thought it wouldn't succeed, especially the first time.
    I am going to take it so easy this time. I have to stop work around 14 weeks to have a stitch of the cervix so hopefully all that goes well.

Thankyou to everyone, I hope that there are a lot more positives in the next few months and I will definetly keep you all updated.

Linda

Congratulations Linda! Its excellent that you got it first time around!

confusedegg Guest

Hi Linda,

This is my first visit back since my announcement and was seeking out any recruits for PALTTTC.

(((Congratulations)))))). I had a strong feeling it was for you this time, but was hoping for it to have been the last cycle. I just seen your congrats to me and you telling me you lost twins the same day as i had lost my first twin and had strong feeling it had to be soon. Sorry i didnt reply to your posts, but sure you understand when you get caught up in excitement, that there are somethings you missed, but do feel bad that i missed your announcement of your loss. IYKWIM.

Heres to happy n healthy 8 months. woo hoo...

Havent seen you in PLTTTC.

**BFP DUST*** to all you ladies.

Thinking of you all.

Chris
    Last edited by confusedegg; August 2nd, 2006 at 10:04 AM.

Congratulations Linda, fantatstic news and good luck for the next 8 months.

Shan , Megan, Keen thanks for your wishes fingers crossed for another TWW.

Janee, I know how you feel. sometimes it just doesnt seem fair, I too have 2 dear friends who both have had 2 kids and although I feel happy for them, I wonder why 'them' as both of them were never really into having kids and I was always the clucky one. Perhaps when we do eventually suceed our children will feel that extra special love that only IVf babies feel (at least we can never say it was an accident !!!) Chin up possum.

Just a question....

I had two embies thawed yesterday however one thawed successfully but the other actually lost cells ? I was told that this one could still be viable, is this right ? I was wondering if it would have any defects, I know it sounds silly, but I am worried.

Especially considering this transfer was the most painful ever. I was actually crying and telling the Dr to hurry up, they said it was because my bladder was so full, what do they expect when they keep you waiting over 1/2 an hour. Sorry for the blurt, but I am just not feeling very positive about this one.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

omg i cant believe i didnt see this earlier! Linda: i am THRILLED!!!!

omg omg omg, im so happy for you babe and you have made my day! A HUGE congratulations to you and DH and well done MIVF! ill be there soon.

Oh hunny- im ecstatic!!

Big congratulations to Linda & DH - thats fantastic news!!
    Wishing you all the best for a H&H pregnancy

OMG Linda - congratulations That is wonderful news hunny. I hope you have a H&H pregnancy.

Well, I've just gotten back from spending a week in Sydney, and have no hope whatsoever of catching up, so I'm not even going to try LOL.

Just a quick update from me .. my last news was that DH and I were having IUI instead of the planned FET, because the timing wasn't quite right and the best date for the transfer would have fallen while I was in Sydney (I live in Brisbane). We we had the IUI - no probs there. But AF arrived yesterday, I think .... so hard to tell lately. I get a tiny bit of spotting, and that's it. I've booked my appt with my OB tomorrow morning, to start oestrogen for this cycle's FET. I suppose I should do a HPT before I go, just to make sure that it really was AF. WDYT?

Cherie - would it be too early for AF? Not sure what CD you were up to coz your ticker has changed...Good that you are going to your OB though, just to check things out.....i'd maybe go and POAS anyway. You just never know....GL and i hope you had a great time in Sydney...

Sari, Iím sorry your transfer was so painful. Itís incredible what we girls will go through. I have my fingers tightly crossed for you this cycle. Iím sure your dr would only transfer the smaller embie if he/she felt it should be OK.

Cherie, I agree with Shan that it could be useful to do a HPT, just to be sure, if you canít trust AF. Good luck - at least you can then tell your OB the result. Sorry that Sydney probably turned on such bad weather for your visit.

Me, I had a BT this morning and I guess my response to Gonal-F is sluggish because I have to raise the dose tonight. I hope this isn't a major problem. My first scan is on FridayÖI guess Iíll find out more then. Itís starting to get interesting, but Iím so scared of getting my hopes up.

Sari - its very much normal for a snowbubba to lose cells in the thawing process. They require a certain percentage of them to be remaining before they would thaw them, but certainly losing some is fine

Allie - hope the raise in dose does the trick.

mrs timms Guest

Hi girls!

Sari - sorry to hear the transfer was painful :hugs:
    Cherie - what kind of spotting was it? It may not be AF....

Hi girls ... well, it turns out that it wasn't AF after all. My OB did an internal ultrasound, and he said that I definitely haven't had AF yet, so I'm going back on Saturday, which is 15DPO (or is that 15DPI for an insemination lol), for a blood test.

Allie - hope the higher dosage does the trick, and GL for your scan on Friday. I think it's pretty normal to have changes to your dosage made following blood tests ... my dosage of Puregon was adjusted a couple of time last cycle.

Sari - I'm sorry that your transfer was so painful hun :hugs: Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you though.

Cherie....if you ask me, it was implantation spotting ...Good luck hun..xxx

Hi Ladies,
    I often visit this forum but propably only the 3rd time I'm posting....I just wanted to say that you are all an inspiration and give me the courage and strength to continue on this long and hard journey.

I am still waiting for AF to show up (gee never thought I would want to see her ugly head - she is 6 days late) so that I can start FET

Hope it is BFP's for us all sooner rather than later

Yes - keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it was implantation spotting Shan! I'm not brave enough to POAS ... I've only ever had BFN's, so can't bring myself to do it lol.

Destiny - I'll be thinking of you, and hoping that AF shows up quickly

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast