Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - July/August 2006

Oh Bummer janee!! Well i had a rest cycle between attempts, but boy that was a long month i tell you!! If your doc doesnt see any reason not to go ivf i say go for it girl!!

I had my scan today and i have 4 good size follies on one side and two follies on the other side and they are all pretty much the same size which is good news for me, seen as i only made one big one and one small one last time!! Looks like i am going to get to EPU this time!! I go back for another scan and blood test on Saturday and that will tell me whether i am going to have the EPU on Monday or Tuesday, but i'm thrilled to get this far! My bloods were LH 5.0 Pg 2.8 and E2 2803....i have no clue what any of that means tho....except this time last time my E2 was only 1200 which Dr H said was crap...I can't hardly believe that some girls make 30 eggs and stuff, i couldnt ever imagine making so many, it's like i'm pushing my ovaries to their limits just to get 6!!!

I hope everyone is well and thinking of you all lots!!
    Last edited by Megan&Kim; August 9th, 2006 at 04:28 PM.

Well done Megan! Grow Follies, Grow!!

Hi Girls.

Megan - that's great news....grow little follies, grow Good Luck.

Sari - bummer that AF arrived. Fingers crossed for your next cycle.

to everyone else...hope you're all having a great night.

First EPU for me tomorrow!!!

I'm happy to report that some of my follies have grown quite a bit since my first scan last week. Yay! I'm still not sure exactly how many are there or what % are expected to be 'harvestable', but I think there are about 5 or 6 biggish ones, and various ones that are still tiny. I just hope it's enough, IYKWIM.

Megan, good luck with your follies too! I'm glad to hear your numbers are up.

Best wishes to everyone else - I hope you are all doing well at different stages of the TTC journey.

Allie - everything crossed for you having success with your first IVF go! There have been a few who have - so lets hope you're another one!

DJ Guest

WTG Megan - looks like it could be a goer for this cycle for you.

Sari - very saddened to here your news. blast that witch.
    You to Janee - not fair. We were off to such a good start with Linda & Cherie too.

Me - well i had a very good EPU - 22 little eggies but boy do I feel like a battery hen. We had to go with ICSI though as DH sample not looking good this time round (what's with that?) So good news there - 17 of the little blighters look good (DH gets his cricket team after all!! hehe) Unfortunately Dr advised on the edge of OHSS - no wonder I felt like crap leading up to the EPU. Anyway not feeling much better today either. But I am really worried if I tell my doctor he won't go ahead with the ET tomorrow. I am sure it is only mild OHSS symptoms....what to do? Only symptoms - bloated, nausea and a general feeling of crapness, don't feel much like eating, bit light headed. Could it get worse??? Help please What would happen if we didn't do ET tomorrow - i thought fresh was best and i am so emotional over the whole thing - just ready to pack it in.... Advice would be good. Also am spotting a bit too - and am worried that will get my period early (sorry have a theory about the full moon and my period arriving - currently full moon!)
    Sorry if I sound lke a desperate, hormonal women - but unfortunately am?? Hope someone can advise me!

if you are close to OHSS - be sure to get plenty of rest (absolute minimum exercise) and have tonnes of fluid. Everytime I have had an EPU I have been on the verge of OHSS and felt that way too.

Dont think fresh is always best. Some of the girls on here have been told by doctors that as hormone levels can be crazy high after EPU its amazing anyone has success.... but in saying that, many people do. So I dont have any real answers for you - which sucks I know - its another one of those times you will just have to see and decide what you think is best for you...

Good luck with it - and hope all 17 Grow, Grow, GROW!

Hi ladies,
    Just thought i'd let you know how my lap went yesterday. I'm still feeling a bit sore today (they didn't operate until 5pm so had to stay in over night) Basically he couldn't find anything - no signs of endo, tubes are all clear, uterous looks good etc etc. I know i should be glad but for some reason i'm feeling really sad/angry - how are we supposed to fix the reason why we're not getting pregnant if we don't know what is stopping us? We've got to go back to see him next week to get my stiches out, he's told us to keep trying for another 6 months or so then it will be onto IVF....sorry for the down post, i'm going to go and lay down - i'll come back and do some personals tomorrow.

Excellent news Allie, looks like we are both going the full hog this time!!

17 little ones DJ good on you girl...my suggestion is to take your doctors full advice, he knows best, we dont want you ending up in hospital sick now...talking of sick...i think i am getting the flu, well i know i am, i have a cough and my bones are sore, i am on night shift and i have to just soldier on and go to work because i am obviously having time off next week for EPU and fingers crossed ET, i hope that this doesnt affect anything, i am having heaps of lemon & honey drinks and i took a nurefon tablet tonight and am sucking on soothies...

Boo would you consider going straight to IVF? Maybe you could suggest it to your doc, or maybe get a second opinion, six months is a long time when you have already been trying so long. Worth bringing up i guess...

I'm off to try and shake off this cough thing and have some bed rest before work, thinking of you all!!

sophabulous Guest

Just wanted to pop my head in and say hello. With all of the BFP's in this thread in the last two weeks - I need some of that good luck to rub off - this is a lucky thread!!

Boo - I'm sorry to hear they didn't find anything in the lap. On a good point though, at least you can confirm there is nothing wrong but there is no solice in being 'unexplained' either. Hope you feel better soon.

Allie - best of luck for your EPU tomorrow hon!

Boo, its just so frustrating and its fair that you feel the way you do. Hoping you have success soon, or get your chance at IVF sooner rather than later - in this journey the waiting is so often the most difficult part.

Soph - welcome! Hope that baby dust does rub off on you... Good Luck with your TTC journey...hope it ends soon

janee Guest

Hi all you wonderful women.
    Sorry for lack of personals, just wanted to say that DH and I decided to have a break for a bit from IVF. I am starting acupuncture in a few weeks and just want to have something other than IVF to look forward to. I realised that I've been constant with tracking, OI's and then IVF for pretty much a year straight and I think I need to chill....a part of me is afraid as it seems like letting go, but as DH said, it's just a break, it's not giving up. Shall stay and post if that's OK...I am looking forward to seeing some BFP's soon!
    Take care all

Janee

Good morning girls,
    I'm feeling a bit better today, my wounds are still hurting and it feels like i've done about 100,000 situps (i can't stand up straight) but the carbon dioxide must be gone because i can breath without it hurting now! Thank you for your replies, we go back and see the Dr next Friday so i'm going to mention to him then about not waiting so long to start IVF, DH & I are going on holidays in 3 weeks and 6 days (but whos counting?) for 3 weeks so i might suggest that maybe we start doing something when we get back. In the mean time DH suggested we go and see a natropath and see if that brings us any success, i guess it can't hurt to try it.

Allie - goodluck with your EPU today, hoping it all goes well.

DJ - how are you feeling today? Sorry i can't help with some advice - still learning some of the abreviations mean. What did you end up deciding on?

Twomums - hope your feeling better, we've just had the flu go through our house to.

Zap - haven't heard from you in a while, how are things going?

Hi to everyone else - i'm a bit distracted they're having a segment on the kerry ann show about egg donation & IVF, trying to listen while i'm typing going to go and watch it properly....

Thank you everyone for the good wishes. The thoughts mean a lot to me.

My EPU today went well – we got 10 eggs! Lots more than I dared hope for, some of those smaller follies must’ve really got their skates on! I’m feeling rather fragile but getting better all the time. Have taken a photo of the ‘10’ on my hand, I am so proud of it. I so much hope that there is lots of fertilisation happening overnight.

Soph nice to see you here! I really hope the new FSH dose will get some action happening for you.

DJ sorry to hear you’ve been unwell with borderline OHSS. Hope your ET could go ahead today as planned.

Megan good luck with your new scan – hope those little follies are growing strongly – I know it is an anxious time.

Boo it is good that your lap went well but I can relate to the frustration of the ‘unexplained’ label. Hugs to you, and I hope you are feeling better.

Keen how is your natural cycle going??

I’m still not 100%, so will wait before trying more personals. But good luck to everyone, I am thinking of you all.

X

well I certainly O'd this month - which is nice and am honestly hoping for my miracle this time - it would be absolutely perfect it it did.... i would find out on our 10 year anniversary, I would be 12 weeks on my 28th birthday and I would be due on my best friend's wedding anniversary! So, as it would be so perfect - its almost impossible that it would happen - thats just the way my luck works!

BTW Allie - WOOHOO Ten is a great result. Now you rest up and just let your little ones grow and grow! for your success...

Janee - Good luck with the break - it is sometimes just so desperately needed; for your body, your mind and your heart.

Best of luck for this cycle Keen...I am so for you BFP. As they say it aint over till the fat bald man farts (or something like that!!:eek: )

As for me, well i have made my appointment for IVF and set a date for my wedding after being engaged for what seems like forever so I am almost guaranteed a BFP aren't I? Isn't that the way Murphy's Law works?

Good luck Allie, Two Mums and DJ on some beautiful embies growing fro those beautiful eggs

Hi and baby dust to everyone else....best of luck for this cycle

Oh Cherie....seeing as my birhtday brought you good luck with you getting a BFP and all, I think I am due some babydust....any colour will do !

sophabulous Guest

Go Allie! 10 is a great result! Fingers are all crossed for you

Janee - the decision to take a break must have been a hard one and I admire you for it. I hope the acupuncture sessions go well and you can get a BFP on a natural cycle

Boo - was the Kerry Anne segment any good??

Keen - what a stroke of luck if it's actually YOUR month this month - if the other dates of significance are anything to go by, I would be buying your lottery ticket now as well!

Melbel - congratulations on setting a date! How exciting!!

Goodmorning ladies,

I thought I'd pop in and catch up on your conversations - I love them, even though I don't contribute to them.

I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself this month but coming in here and reading the positive outcomes (whether pg or promising results on IVF etc...) some of you gals have been getting makes me feel much happier. I love reading about everybody's challenges but more so your sucesses.

Good luck to you all this month, I am off to do another pg test. AF was due Thursday but have no signs of pg only huge AF cramping. Getting very frustrated.

Julia

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast