-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Saturday 5 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Juniper76 - no idea what's going on
1 More Please - CD5
Nothing2lose - CD8
Pholi - CD14
Miss.B - CD14
Emma09 - CD14
Waiting for Transfer
Worrywart - CD??
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
CatyO - CD30 14dpo
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Hi Guys, I think it has been like nearly 2 weeks of internet problems so I have just been following you guys.
1MP, wishing you the very best of luck for your cycle!
Juniper, hope your body gets back in the swing of things soon. I had an annovulatory cycle last month and it was really stressful and disappointing too. It is very common, and I know it is hard not to connect it to a story of perimenopause. I know that. But I guess you have your lap coming up!! My fingers are crossed for you.
Emma, not sure if you logon here right now, but I was heartbroken for you. I was following you several times a day, and just wishing for the best. I am very sorry. I am still holding out hope for the future though.
Hi Trisha, can totally relate to the escape into TV. For me, it is a packet of clinkers and GOT. Not that I don't drink - just have a weak bladder at night. Hoping for you that you are out of here ASAP.
CatyO, you want to be on more Gonal?? I reckon it is awesome that you respond well enough to be on that dose. You have room to move.
AFM, same old same old. Went mental last month, even got a false positive on First Response Dip and Read. Do not use these tests (google it). It was hideous. Moving house a big ordeal and everyone sick, and new house a bit draughty! So in spite of all this, I have gone ahead and they will be defrosting 4 embryos tomorrow and if any survive to day 5, I might have a transfer on Wednesday. Juniper, I am going ahead finally, can you please pop me on the list as "Waiting for Transfer"?
peace and love to all,
WW
x
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
WW - All the best vibes for your embryos and fongers crossed for the transfer next wednesday, are you planing to have more than 1 embryo transfered? About the gonal f dose, yes l would like to be on a higher dose, as last year l was on 112 iu and did 4 eggs, 3 good ones. This time around lm on 200 iu, what makes me think l will make 6 if im lucky. The thing is that often l hear women that did 18, 14 eggs and they were on a way higher dose... Anyway i will see what happens...
AFM - here we go again, CD1 for me. I start tomorrow with gonal f. Fingers crossed this works this time around :)
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
:
WW - All the best vibes for your embryos and fongers crossed for the transfer next wednesday, are you planing to have more than 1 embryo transfered? About the gonal f dose, yes l would like to be on a higher dose, as last year l was on 112 iu and did 4 eggs, 3 good ones. This time around lm on 200 iu, what makes me think l will make 6 if im lucky. The thing is that often l hear women that did 18, 14 eggs and they were on a way higher dose... Anyway i will see what happens...
Crap, I had a whole long reply typed out, pressed the wrong button and lost it and now can't remember how it started... So here's the less eloquent version:
Don't self-medicate. Do not use a higher dose than prescribed. Going from (approx) 100iu to 200iu is a reasonable step. Jumping from 100iu to 300iu (or more) would be reckless. Your FS doesn't care how other women have responded to any given dose, they only care how YOU respond. You may end up at those higher doses eventually, but jumping straight to them is risky. You don't want to end up with your cycle cancelled due to over-stimming. And you definitely don't want to end up seriously ill with OHSS! For someone with a normal AMH, 200iu is the high end of normal for dosage. It's usually (not exclusively, but usually) only poor responders (with low AMH) who go higher...
It's also worth noting that an increase in dose doesn't always result in more eggs. I've always had pretty much the same response, regardless of dose: 6 eggs at 225iu, 5-7 eggs at 325iu and 5 eggs at 450iu...
Another point to consider is that there are some doctors who believe a dosage over 200iu correlates with a decrease in egg quality. It's a bit of a contentious issue, and it's not clear whether it's the dosage itself or the type of patient who uses a high dosage (ie DOR), but there are some who do believe limiting the dosage to 200iu produces the best quality eggs...
You may also want to consider that getting more than a dozen eggs is also linked to reduced egg quality. A lot of those women with 20+ eggs only end up with a few embryos due to the poor egg quality. The goal here is as many viable embryos as possible, not as many eggs as possible.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Sunday 6 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Juniper76 - no idea what's going on
CatyO - CD2
1 More Please - CD6
Nothing2lose - CD9
Pholi - CD15
Miss.B - CD15
Emma09 - CD15
Waiting for Transfer
Worrywart - CD13 2dpo
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
WW so excited for you, I have everything crossed that your eggs survive defrosting and your ET on Wednesday brings you your bfp xxxx
Quick question, when can I stop COQ10? after egg pick up? or should I keep taking for a while?
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Thank you Juniper, l know Im not going to self medicate :shakehead:
Is CD2 for me, thanks Juniper, it must have been after midnigh when l said it was CD1 for me, but l meant yesterday was CD1, sorry about the confusion.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1 more - if you are taking COQ10 fo egg quality it makes sense to me to stop after egg pick up, but lm not really sure...sorry I didnt help...
How are you going? I hope everything is going well :)
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO, got you. But as Juniper said. Everything she said! Could not agree more. In the early days I got larger numbers of eggs, but very low fert rates. With these recent cycles, though I haven't had any implantations, I have had a much higher fert rate and better looking embryos. But my situation is low AMH (low 1.3 at last count). Still I think the fewer drugs in your system, the better. Generally. Wishing you the very best of luck!
1MP, are you keen to stop CoQ? Is it the cost or side effects? I find it makes me fairly energized and I prefer to be off it. If it is troubling you (eg sleep problems) I would stop after EPU. You don't take it in pregnancy either, but I always think the TWW is a fairly innocuous time. I always stayed on it, when I thought I might be trying again naturally next cycle.
Juniper, I am CD 13 or something ridiculous. I ovulated on CD 11. Super early. We did not try naturally, given the twins thing. It is still very raw and sometimes I think I have rushed into this one. Also I am not really expecting to get to transfer, but I would really love to, obviously.
WW
x
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Sorry CatyO, just realized my post was unclear. I got fewer eggs but better quality, and I do think 5 or 6 is a great number of eggs for good quality embryos.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Welcome, PlanetSasha and Trishalicious. Hope you both have short stays !
Juniper, thanks for your 'please don't self- medicate' post. I have been wanting to say something similar, but couldn't find the words . But I agree wholeheartedly.
CD21 is coming up this week, and I am going to see the clinic on Friday to get my drugs. Soooooo excited!
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1MP, you can stop CoQ10 after EPU if you want, but (like WW) I always stayed on it for the 2ww in case we'd be TTC again the following cycle (ie if we got a BFN).... And, like WW, I wouldn't take it during pg either - I've met a few women recently who were told they could/should continue but I was always told it was not safe. I always take the full dose in the morning (ie don't split it up over the day) to avoid any interference with my sleep.
CatyO, sorry about the confusion with the cycle day. For some reason the timestamps on the posts are 4 hours ahead for me (eg it's now 6:48pm but the reply will show up as 10:48pm). Is that happening for anyone else? It started last week, I think?
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
WW - Thank you for your post. If you have some good embryos are you going to transfer more than one?
Juniper - is happening for me as well, also l cant edit and save changes.
AFM - l wasn't going to self medicate, it just made sense for me that if l was in a higher dose, l would get more egg, and then more embryos, and l did vent about the dose because l thought it was a low dose, but l wasnt going to take a higher dose without FS saying it was ok :)
I have abig headache and lm having the first gonal f tonight, is it ok to take neurofen?
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO, nurofen was on the "don't take" list for my clinic. Just panadol and panadeine (and other brands of the same med).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Caty, GL with your cycle hun! My FS said no to nurofen after transfer but OK any other time. I guess they all have different opinions.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Miss.B - thank you, how did you go with your appointment?
AFM - I hope it doesnt hurt that l had 2 neurofen :( l took them just before the injection. I had a little anxiety attak or l dont know how to call it lol, just before l had the injection. As soon l saw hubby with injection in hand l started laughing very loud, so nervous, l asked him to let me lay down, but l couldn't stop laughing, lm very chicken l know, l see a needle an l feel im going to faint. I got so nervous that l told hubby wait wait just give me a minute and he said its all done and you didnt feel it, lol
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Omg this website look so different, at least on my iphone, it's not purple anymore. And l dont see the option to "like" a post...
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Juniper, could I be added to The List please? I'm CD24.
Sending positive vibes to everyone!
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO good luck, fingers crossed for this cycle for you xxx
my tummy is getting a bit sore from bruises and I'm feeling a bit yuck and full, is all this normal
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Monday 7 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Juniper76 - CD2
CatyO - CD3
1 More Please - CD7
Nothing2lose - CD10
Pholi - CD16
Miss.B - CD16
Emma09 - CD16
Twollamas - CD24
Waiting for Transfer
Worrywart - CD14 3dpo
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1MP, what injections are you doing? Just FSH? It's normal to feel full, but the bruising may or may not be normal, depending on how many injections you're doing. For just FSH, I would only expect a few small bruises about the size of a 10c or 20c coin (although the overall area could be tender), but if you're using something like clexane it'd be quite normal for your entire belly to be black with bruises (I got fist-sized bruises from that and have heard of far worse)...
Afm, I'm going to take a leap of faith and call yesterday CD1. It's hard to work out exactly when it shifted colour/consistency (sorry if that's TMI) after a week of spotting and random bleeding, but I do seem to have reached a more normal AF-type bleed now... I really hope that means it will stop in a few days too!!!!!
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
I hear you Juniper, I was so confused about my CD1, as I had an endometrial biopsy on CD25 last cycle and after that I was spotting and it didn't go away, then the day my period was suppose to come, it came on Friday night, bright red, then Saturday morning bright red full flow (sorry tmi), then by 2 pm started spotting, brow old blood, I was so confused, but the nurse said I could call it CD1 if later came bright red again and it did. I was confused because I never have spotting before AF.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
I just saw fs and I have 7 follies and there all small but in saying that I have never been scanned at 8 days either. I have another scan on Friday then again on Monday
3 follies out of the 7 were a lot smaller so I'm praying they catch up with the others. I went in there knowing I will be disappointed but I'm really really disappointed I honestly
thought being on such I high dose would give me lots more follies than it has:wall:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Tuesday 8 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Juniper76 - CD3
CatyO - CD4
1 More Please - CD8
Nothing2lose - CD11
Pholi - CD17
Miss.B - CD17
Emma09 - CD17
Twollamas - CD25
Waiting for Transfer
Worrywart - CD15 4dpo
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1MP, FX Friday's scan shows the smaller ones are catching up! :goodluck:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1 More, fx for scan on friday. I will be praying for you xx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1 more, fingers and toes crossed for you hun, will be praying hard too xxx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1MP, day 8 is very early, please try not to focus on the ones that are behind. If you get 4 mature eggs at collection, that would be great!
3dpo for me please Juniper. I have dotted crosshairs, though cd15 would be very early for me to o.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
So sorry Catyo xox
I did say I do have low Amh and DOR hence I needed higher dose! And I knew it.
I told My FS about it after and he aggreed n upped it next time.
I didn't mean to corrupt anybody xox
This journey is already hard enough and we all stumble along as best we can trying to find the best answers and solutions for each of us and one way is not the same way for everyone xox
I just wish good luck to all :)
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Thanks girls I really appreciate your support as I have no one to talk to about this at all. I'm really worried I will only get 4 eggs and none of them make it, I'm having ICSI
if that helps or not but do they even bother taking 4 eggs? I'm really frustrated that I usually respond really well on lower doses yet at such a big dose I hardly respond at
all, and then to p*** me off a little more I have put on 1.5 kilos not with the meds oh no my big fat mouth has been eating everything in sight so I got on the treadmill this
morning and went and bought lots of protein and vegetables. I just have to pray that all of them are at a good size next week she's thinking I will have EP on either
Wednesday or Thursday next week cause this is the last thing I'm trying if this does not work then I'm out and I will just have to deal with not having another baby.
Sorry I'm not happier I'm just so disappointed right now especially with my stupid body :wall:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
We only got 3 eggs despite about 16 follicles showing on day 8, for my first cycle .
Of COURSE they will bother collecting 4 eggs. 4 eggs is GREAT!
My FS, when I cried when I found out there were only 3 for me, he told me 'we only need one!' And he was exactly right. All three of mine fertilized, with ICSI, one didn't grow very well, and 2 were transferred on day 3, and we ended up with one beautiful, perfect little boy. He's now 21 months, and we're TTC a sibling for him now.
I totally get that you're stressed and worried, but your FS is doing his very best for you! Remember that his success rates with getting mummas pregnant get scrutinised by his team, and they probably get published too. So it is absolutely in his best interests to get you pregnant, and he's going to do his very best for you.
And I can't remember how much weight you've said you put on, but really, that is not the cause of your difficulties.
Please be kind to yourself.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1.5kg?!! That's nothing!! Eat healthily, go easy on the exercise , take it steady. Your 1.5 kg is probably just bloat!
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Thanks Pholi, I appreciate that and your right it only takes one. I hope I'm stressing over nothing, thanks:)
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Wednesday 9 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Juniper76 - CD4
CatyO - CD5
1 More Please - CD9
Nothing2lose - CD12
Miss.B - CD18
Emma09 - CD18
Twollamas - CD26
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Pholi - CD18 3dpo
Worrywart - CD16 0dp5dt
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
WW, how did you go with transfer today?
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Hey Juniper, thanks for asking, I am just getting off the couch now from watching some nice comfort rom-com action! So yes, very luckily I did make it to transfer today. Four embryos were thawed, one didn't survive the thaw, the other three were still going today and they transferred the best. The two remaining were a "bit slower" and might be frozen tomorrow. FX. Although I do all this research and look at pictures of embryos online, I always wimp out at the transfer and don't really get to the bottom of what the quality was. I just am so nervous at that point that I just freeze up. In any case, all the doctor said (and as per usual it was not our FS - he hasn't done one transfer) was that it was "good". And I kind of said "um .. good?" and he said "good". Hilarious. I am just grateful to have a go, though I always get a little slump thinking, well, what are the chances it will actually turn into a little bub? But any excuse for an afternoon on the couch right now esp with the weather.
Juniper, again, how are you going? When is your lap again?
1MP, just seconding everything Pholi said. These early scans are so stressful. It is the worst. But things can change on a dime. And in the end, it really is just that one embryo that can keep on going.:crossfingers:
all the best everyone, babydust to all,
WW
x
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
WW, glad to hear it! FX you have two to re-freeze tomorrow! I'm okay. Just glad to put the wacko cycle behind me. Lap is still booked for 7 Aug...
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Thursday 10 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Juniper76 - CD5
CatyO - CD6
1 More Please - CD10
Nothing2lose - CD13
Miss.B - CD19
Emma09 - CD19
Twollamas - CD27
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Pholi - CD19 4dpo
Worrywart - CD17 1dp5dt
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
WW fantastic news so happy you had 1 to transfer and hopefully the other will co-operate and you get to freeze as well, and thanks I've decided what's ment to be will be xxxx
Quick question I've started bleeding bright red (not happy) its not much but I've had to put a pad on, should I just hope its goes away??
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1MP, hopefully it's not a problem but I think it's worth a call to your FS (today, if they're still open, otherwise in the morning) to discuss with them. xx