-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Sarah - dont worry honey, is not like you were corrupting me or giving me ideas xx
WW - lm so glad to hear that all went well with the transfer, hope soon you have good news :)
1 More - l hear you. I have been eating too much rubbish, l just had 1 bag of Raspberry chocs, l cant believe it! l didnt use to eat chocolate until l discovered those ones, and l still have 1 cup of coffe a day, whyyy?? I had not drank coffee in the last months, why now?? l feel so guilty and think l am not taking this serious. Is as if l do things to have something to blame if this cycle is not successful... I will have an early scan tomorrow, lets see how l go...
1 MP how did you with the orgalutran, did it hurt?
I second everything pholi said, and anyway, the scan was still early, l hope tomorrow everything looks great.
I hope everyone else is doing great.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Is EWCM, the stretchy one normal on CD6?? I dont remember having it this early last IVF. I went to the toilet and l have lots of EWCM, which is weird as l rarely have it, perhaps twice a year... but never as much as i have today. I saw it and l thought oh this is what they mean when they say they had EWCM... But isnt it a sign of O? Im only CD6!
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO, it's just a sign that your oestrogen levels are rising. When is your first monitoring with the FS? If it's still a few days away, it might be worth a call in case they want you to come in early? You're using orgalutran this cycle, aren't you? Do you know when you are supposed to start?
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Juniper - I have ultrasound & bloods this morning. And l start Orgalutran tonight, together with Gonal F. Is CD7 but FS wanted me to have an early scan in case she needed to adjust the dose of Gonal F. I thought oestrogen was something bad?
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
HI I'm in a hurry so I will be back later to catch up, saw my fs this morning and all follies are getting bigger which is great news but she said to stop bleeding haha
just went to the toilet and I'm bleeding again so not happy also my lining is not good its really thin so she's hoping that will improve by Monday but she may have
to do the EP and freeze all eggs which I'm not happy about either my lining is always good:-( Is there anything I can do for my lining
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
I have gone and bought lots of beans, lentils, brown rice and vegies and my acupuncturist is away till next week so I have made an appointment with another fertility specialising in
fertility for tomorrow and next week so if it does not thicken up at least I have tried :pray:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
sorry I ment specialising in acupuncture :doh:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Friday 11 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Juniper76 - CD6
CatyO - CD7
1 More Please - CD11
Nothing2lose - CD14
Miss.B - CD20
Emma09 - CD20
Twollamas - CD28
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Pholi - CD20 5dpo
Worrywart - CD18 2dp5dt
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO, how did you go this morning? You do want your oestrogen to rise, but you don't want it to get too high before you start orgalutran or it may trigger your natural LH surge. If you had monitoring this morning and are starting orgalutran tonight, you should be fine. :)
1MP, it makes sense that your lining isn't good if you're bleeding. I think the biggest help to your lining will be to stop bleeding. If only we had control over that... Hope it works out okay. xx
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1 More - Glad to hear the follies are getting bigger. Did they tell you what could be causing the bleeding? I hope acupuncture can help with your lining. Good luck hun xx
Juniper - Thanks for asking. I had a scan this morning, I thought I was going to have a blood test, but they said they didn't need it yet. I had only 5 follies 10-11 mm :( I really don't know what that means, if its ok the size being on CD7? Also I have 5 more follies 8 mm. The lining... I don't remember how much measures, but she said is great... I had a list of questions in my mind, but then I couldn't remember what to ask, I just asked how many follies, and what sizes. The nurse said she was going to talk with FS and she would call me in the afternoon and I just got the call from other nurse to say they decided to upper my dose of Gonal F to 300 from tonight, Im on 200 at the moment. Does that make sense? To upper the dose after 5 injections?? Will a higher dose of Gonal F make the follies bigger or will create more?
Also in the morning the nurse told me NOT to start Orgalutran tonight, but tomorrow, then when the other nurse called me, told me to start Orgalutran tonight, then I said "are you sure? because in the morning the other nurse told me to start it tomorrow", and she said, "oh ok then start tomorrow with orgalutran, thats fine". But is it? Is that fine? 1 day wont make much difference?
They still didn't tell me what trigger I will have, and I forgot to ask... Is Lupron an injection or a spray?
I had acupuncture today and fell asleep, was a good relaxing time :)
I don't understand why they didn't take bloods, last IVF I had a b/t before having a scan, I guess I should have asked.
The EWCM the stretchy one disappeared, but I have a some watery cm, not lots, nothing compared with yesterday, only when I wipe, sorry tmi :redface:
I hope everyone is doing great :)
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO, sorry to hear you're a bit disappointed by this morning's results. It sounds to me like they've increased your FSH dose to try to help those 8mm follicles catch up, but otherwise it sounds pretty good. I'd be happy with those results. :) And if your biggest follicle was only 11mm, yes, you should be fine starting orgalutran tomorrow. I can't remember for sure the lead follicle size you normally start orgalutran at, but I think it's either 12mm or 14mm. There's not much risk of your body trying to ovulate with an 11mm follicle, even if your oestrogen is high. Lupron (which is called Lucrin in Australia) is an injection. They'll probably decide on the trigger when you're closer to EPU and they know whether or not there's a high risk of OHSS.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Thank you very much Juniper, I really really appreciate you being here taking the time supporting us and answering our questions, even if you are not doing ivf at the moment. I told hubby the results of the scan and all the questions I had and he said, "ask juniper, she will know" lol
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
1 more, hope the bleeding stops for you hun, it must be so frustrating. I'm not sure if they can give you anything to stop it, but here's hoping all is well by Monday. FX sweetie!
Caty, well done on growing lovely follies! I've only had my Gonal F upped once, just like you they wanted the follies to catch up and they did. That's why they scan you to see how they are growing and increase the dose if need be. GL hun!!! Fingers crossed all goes well for your harvest :)
Well I've been meaning to update you all on my FS appointment but I've been sick with tonsilitis (firts time ever!) and then I just couldn't get motivated. The FS was great. He asked me what my expectations were and I told him this would be my last cycle and he was happy that I'm realistic about things. Bottom line is, at my age (44) I have roughly a 2% take home baby chance, 10% overall but mostly women my age face a m/c or the embryo doesn't take at all. What he would do differently is 4 HCG injections, and genetic testing on day 5 embies. So I have several challenges to begin with, I have to a) grow good follies, b) get embryos c) grow them to day 5 for testing and then hope and pray there is at least 1 good one that can be transferred. Asking too much????? Yep. And it's gonna be expensive, but it will be my last shot so I'm gonna throw everything at it. In my heart, I know I'm really pushing you know what up the hill, but I just need to try one more cycle with a new FS and cross everything. So there's my update, I'm currently waiting to do my genetic counselling.
Hope everyone else is going OK.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
....sneaking in to say "yay for a plan missB"....
Wishing you all the very very best with take home babies in your future xox
Sneaking out again....
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Me too.... GO missb! I will be praying for that take home baby for you with all my heart xoxo
P.s I like the hcg injections plan it's the only thing I did different :think:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Hello All,
Thanks for sharing the link...
It's wonderful reading all your stories feel like I've lived your journey.., thanks for sharing it's wonderful to know we aren't alone on this roller coaster...
I'm a first timer at IVF on week one of treatment, getting used to injecting however the 2nd needle starts today not so sure about that loved how the nurse said it's like it's blunt you will need to use more force! Gulp 😣
So we are booked for our ultrasound Wednesday all going well get the EC done Friday... Was expecting a lot more symptoms just a lot of bloating & wind pain very uncomfortable but they give you all these warnings hard not to be terrified when you start this journey...
So any tips/hints etc for a 1st timer?
Feeling really positive & hopeful ❤️
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Saturday 12 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Juniper76 - CD7
CatyO - CD8
1 More Please - CD12
Nothing2lose - CD15
Miss.B - CD21
Emma09 - CD21
Twollamas - CD29
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Pholi - CD21 6dpo
Worrywart - CD19 3dp5dt
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
chellico, hi and welcome! GL with your cycle! If the second needle you're talking about is orgalutran, unfortunately your nurse is right - they do tend to require a bit more force to get through the skin. They can also sting a bit when you do them and for a while after. Not the nicest thing, but not horrendous either... You'll be fine.
Miss.B, glad to hear it went well and you're happy with your plan. :hug:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
I had my cd 21 appointment yesterday. My scan showed a cyst, though. :( I've never had one before, afaik. I was told it's a 50/50 chance it'll be gone by cd2, but if it's still there, then it depends on my oestrogen levels as to if we can go ahead with the egg collection cycle or not. :/
And there are things that are different to last time- the embryologists don't look at the embryos every day, which they did last time. They won't do a 3rd day transfer at all now, only 5 days. And we're not to have unprotected sex for 10 days from egg collection. So much for the plan to dtd the night before transfer!
I'm so desperate to get on and do this cycle, I'm so frustrated and scared by every month that goes by that I'm not getting pregnant. I just don't want any more delays. I turn 40 next month. :(
-
Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Pholi- How frustrating... Big hugs xx sending positive vibes your way... ☺️
Juniper76 - yes starting Orgalutran today... Oh joy have a needle phobic husband so guess I need to toughen up! lol I know it's all going to be worth it... No pain no gain they say... 😉
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Miss.B - Sound like a good plan! Im glad to hear your appointment went well :)
chellico - Hello and welcome, I start Orgalutran tonight too! Good luck to you hun ;)
pholi - I hope the cyst goes away soon. My friend had a cyst on a clomid cycle, but it went away in less than 2 weeks.
AFM - I was offered to use Embryogen, (Origio is the manufacturer) which is a new culture media that contains a substance that acts to stimulate cell growth. My FS is supervising this trial. In the current Embryogen I have to pay $450 and I would have to have a 3dt, which for some reason I don't feel confident with it. In the new Emrbyogen, which is waiting for some approvals from TGA or something like that, is improved and they do a 5dt, in the new one, I wouldn't pay anything because I would be part of a trial, I was hoping to do the last one, but apparently is not available yet, it would be a miracle if they approve it before I have EPU. If not, I'm just having normal IVF.
Have a great weekend girls, keep warm :)
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Oh Gosh, why do I have an angry face at the beginning of my post, before RE: Long term TTC... (On my previous post)
What did I click on now?? lol
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO - thanks ☺️
sounds like we are at similar stages of our cycle... The Oraglutran is horrid, it stings, and I swear the needle is blunt! 😳
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Chellico - Oh God, Im having Orgalutran in about 3 hours, not looking forward to it. What cycle day are you on hun?
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO - it's day 6 for me... ☺️
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Sunday 13 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Twollamas - CD1
Chellico - CD7
Juniper76 - CD8
CatyO - CD9
1 More Please - CD13
Nothing2lose - CD16
Miss.B - CD22
Emma09 - CD22
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Pholi - CD22 7dpo
Worrywart - CD20 4dp5dt
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Juniper76 - you can add me to list ☺️Chellico - CD7
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
MissB, so glad you have a plan and sending you baby dust. I think it is wonderful that you are going ahead. It is so hard to hear all of these stressful "road block" things and just say, f- it, I am doing it anyway. Brave, gutsy and you deserve for it to pay off.
1MP, what has happened with your lining? Are you ok?
Pholi, cysts really can just go up and down. These scans are so super-high def. I don't know. I was told I was going to lose a tube and it was fine. Sorry, I don't know if that helps or not. I am keeping fingers crossed for you that it doesgo down.
Chellico, hi! Wish you weren't here! But glad to meet you. Also, ditto on the orgalutran needle. It is blunt! I used to just stare at it as I was injecting, and keep pressing and pressing and seeing the skin kind of squish under it, and it was like "this needle is not moving". Sorry, don't let your phobic DH read this!
CatyO, just wanted to say thanks for that info about the Embryogen. Though actually, maybe you could PM me because it was taken down. You know what don't worry. I'll just ask FS. Also, really keeping fingers crossed for your follies. On my last cycle, with the best outcome (not the very best, just most eggs), they upped my FSH and that worked well.
Juniper, how you doin?
Sarah, where are you going to post your BA? I'd love to hear about it.
AFM. Well. Things aren't great. I really don't feel that anything is happening implantation-wise. I also did a FRER (very spur of the moment - I am basically a junkie, can't keep HPTs in the house, or OPKs for that matter, because I will just use them!) yesterday (3dp5dt) and got a BFN. Now, people can protest that it is too early all they like, but I know my body. My previous pregnancies implanted early and I had a sense that something was up. It has not happened this time. Of course, I don't know that for 100 per cent. But I feel it. I am intensely sad, exhausted and a bit angry. Will keep you posted if anything changes.
Also, I don't know what my next move is, not exactly. I have 3 frozen day 2 embryos and I am not sure if any of the day 5 embryos made it to freeze. So I am expecting AF this Friday (3 days before BT). My main thing is I don't feel like talking to the IVF nurses. I just feel really desperate and kind of angry, and I want to be nice on the phone. Ideas?
lots of love and peace to all,
WW
x
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
WW, just 2 thoughts come to mind:
1) FETs can sometimes implant later than fresh embryos, so even though your usual pattern is early implantation, this embie could be lagging a little behind as a result of having been frozen.
2) If it really is a BFN cycle and you don't want to deal with the clinic, then it's okay to hide under a rock for a little while. BUT, be sure to set yourself a time limit (eg 2 days, 1 week, etc) and stick to it, so you're not letting those negative feelings fester forever (because that's not healthy)... You do have to deal with them eventually or they will make your life miserable. :hug:
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Good luck with the plan Miss B:)
Hi chellico!
WW & 1MP I'm keeping fingers crossed for you both!
AF turned up this morning (Juniper can you please update me to CD1 - thanks!), along with some super cramping and bloating. Blerg. At least it means I get to start my first Clomid. Fingers crossed it works its magic :)
x
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
twollamas - Big hugs to you... x hope clomid goes well for you... that stuff made me into a crazy lunatic lady 😣
WW - big hugs sending positive vibes to you & hoping the FET is just a slow starter...
Question: Oraglutran injections is it normal for the dose to ooze back out of injection site afterwards? I put more pressure on it tonight after but it still seems to weep out quite a bit? Worried I'm losing part of the dosage... Over a few days I'm thinking that could be bad? I wish the company that makes this would stick it in a pen like the gonal-f... 😞
Have BT tomorrow morning...
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
twollamas - Good luck in your clomid cycle!
chellico - I swear I didn't feel the orgalutran at all, I guess everyone is different...
WW - Praying for you hun, I hope you end up with a BFP xx
1MP - Keeing my fingers crossed for you, I hope tomorrow you have good news.
AFM - sorry about my post with the links that I shouldn't have posted, obviously I haven't read the BB posting guidelines, can somebody pm me or post the link with the guidelines, so I can read it? Thanks!
How big the follicles should be to go for EPU? About 17mm?? or bigger??
B/T and scan tomorrow, hopefully the smaller follicles are catching up :)
Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Juniper, thanks hun, I love that thought about the frozen v fresh. Here's hoping. The nurses bug you if you don't go in for the test, so I'll definitely do that, plus I have to if I want to try for another (final?) transfer next cycle.
Thanks TwoLlamas, Chelico and CatyO.
CatyO, I think they might trigger off around 20mm or 21mm. But the trigger can mature the follicles and so ... you never know what you'll end up with (um .... obviously).
AFM, just went to a meditation class which was lovely and just feeling ho-hum and trying to keep bringing my mind back to all the great lucky things about life, and just letting go of needing to be pregnant right this second.
Wishing everyone tons of luck and peace of mind,
WW
x
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO - Oraglutran wasn't as bad tonight but I'm still finding some of the dose comes back out when I pull needle back out... Will chat to nurses tomorrow... Being a newbie to this means I'm still yet to learn sooo much about this journey... I'm still working out all the acronyms everyone uses lol ☺️
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
chellico - I will ask my husband if he sees some of the dose coming out when he pulls the needle out, as he is the one giving me the injections, I just close my eyes, so I can't tell you, I will let you know later. I will pm you a link where you can learn the abbreviations, acronyms, etc. not sure if I can post it here, so I better pm you :)
Oppss I can't pm you chellico, for some reason l dont see the option to pm you...
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
chellico - I just had orgalutran injection and hubby said he saw only a very small drop, he said maybe is because we have to do it like the nurse said, put the injection and leave it there count to 10, then pull it out, not sure if you are doing it like that.
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Thanks CatyO I'm doing it the same way... It's just it doesn't happen with gonal-f so it must be the design of Oraglutran it's not a huge amount coming back out but it freaked me out I'm not stabbing myself daily for the meds to come back out lol 😂 will check with nurse tomorrow... ☺️
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
CatyO, not a problem. Here are some of the guidelines as requested (there's a whole section on the menu page of the forum).
https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...re-posting-49/
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
Monday 14 July 2014 :spit:
Waiting for EPU/O/IUI/FET or just something to happen!
Kel82 - taking a break
PositivelyGTC - taking a break
Worrywart - taking a break
Jo_white - saving for IVF
Bestrong - waiting for AF
Twollamas - CD2
Chellico - CD8
Juniper76 - CD9
CatyO - CD10
1 More Please - CD14
Nothing2lose - CD17
Miss.B - CD23
Emma09 - CD23
Waiting for Transfer
Hanging out in the TWW (Stalk them here... https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...14-5-a-197228/)
Pholi - CD23 8dpo
Got their BFP in July :pray:
M.I.A. - We'd love to hear from you!
Glorious, Amy_jellybean, Joski
If you would like to be added to The List or have your details amended, please just ask (and provide the applicable details).
-
Re: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception June/July 2014
I had scan this morning, I have 5 follicles 15-16 mm and 5 at about 11 mm it seems to me that I am not responding at 300 gonal f either? No blood test today either, but until Wednesday, and scan on Wednesday too. The nurse said I probably will be ready for EPU on Friday, why cant they just wait until Monday to see if the other follicles catch up? Why cant I just make 10 egss??
Well I just will have to wait until Wednesday :pray: