Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

tiggy Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

Hi girls,

New month and a new beginning! Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Hi there guys!

Im starting the new thread!

Hope everyone is doing OK! Im a little bit stressed at present..I went for my last US today and I only have 8 follies to work with! I was expecting 15 or so! I suppose I don't know what to expect as its my first IVF, and because of MF I just want as many to fertilise as possible, cause its been a hellish two months. Anyway, just wanted to know if this number was OK I suppose- doc says it is...but I keep reading on BB about much larger numbers!

Hope your doing OK BW!!!!

xx kim

hi kim

i've read a number of people on here mentioning smaller numbers of follies - it's more about quality than quantity! good luck!!

Hi everyone

Sorry - computer blew up about 2 weeks ago and I have only just finished setting up the new one (am yet to get the ceilings repaired where the storm brought the water in but at least I am online again )

Kim - I agree with BG - its quality not quantity that counts.

Hope that everyone is well - cyber hugs to all

Sammi Jane Guest

Shannon - good luck with your 2ww. I hope it goes quickly for you.

Kim - I agree with PP. If the Doc says it's ok, then I wouldn't worry. When are you going for EPU ?

Hi to everyone else.

Hi there Sammi- Im going in on Wed for my EPU and then hopefully Fri for the transfer!

How are you going?

Defaintly the quality of the eggs! Hope things go well for you Kim

Well re-rang the FS today to rechange appointment time as it wasnt suitable, we both are working and I would have to take the whole day off, then we relaised that we have a delivery at home whicvh DH is already leaving work for at the last minute as the company wont give us anymore than an hours notice. So now we cant get in till mid April. That feels like an eternity away. I guess trying to be positive we can start saving even harder and working on online sites to sell excess things we dont need adn stock we had previously.

I am right in thinking you get most the money back from medicare from IVF?

I'm sure it will be ok, Kim. I think it was Willow, only saw 7 follies on u/s, but ended up with 14 eggs collected - or close to those numbers.

Taffy, good to have you back!

I'm hanging in there by my fingernails at the moment! A lot of random work stress at the moment, and thinking about my first injection tonight... I'll let you know how it goes once I've got through it.

BW

Shannon, sorry I missed you in my earlier post... glad your transfer went well today. It certainly is an exciting but weird experience isnt it. I loved it in my last cycle when they gave me a photo of embie to take home (FET). I hadnt had that before with my stim cycles, and I reckon it helped heaps to be able to look at it over the TWW. Hope your wait goes quickly.
    Taffy, good to see you back online. You must have had a rough couple of months with storm and puter giving you grief. hope things turn around for you now.
    Summer, bugger about having to wait for appt. I know how that feels. We had our appt with FS in early DEC and are only going to transfer in mid april!!!!. Feels like forever.
    BW. keep hanging in there honey. Hope your ride is much smoother this time!
    Keep smiling girls.
    Sazz

Summer, you do get a lot back, but the exact amounts depend a lot on each clinic. Most clinics have the information regarding costs and rebates on their web site - have you looked there?

Still haven't injected...

BW

welll what a busy old day........had to trundle into the city for acunpunture at 2.30 On the way there got a phone call to say we needed to front for a possible transfer at 6 so had a couple of hours to fill in...boy I am glad I took my knitting!!

The vital statistics are: we got 17 eggs, 12 fertilised, 10 made it to day 3, only 3 made it passed the first round of PGD and only 2 got past the second round. One of those only made it because the nucleus washed out and they couldnt get a result so have given it the benefit of the doubt. So I now have one on board and the other going to the freezer. No wonder we were having trouble getting pregnant and holding it....the doc said that was like getting pregnant once every 17 months....YIKES!!

Normally about 40% make it through i.e. 4 embies...we got 2 which he said is just proof of the fact we were having recurrent miscarriages. So I told him to stick an extra blob of superglue on the embie and now we wait....and we wait....and we wait.
    I know it is great that we got two great embies but can't help feeling a bit disappointed that we didnt get more...just goes to show it really is quality not quantity.

Mel, I hope that embie turns out to be super-sticky and just happens to be the one that's needed to make it all the way.

Well, I survived my first lucrin injection! It was scary, and my hands were shaking the whole time. DH had to take over on getting the lucrin into the syringe and getting rid of air bubbles - we had one stubborn little bugger that didn't want to go! I was really quite astounded by how fine those needles are! I've always been told that the finer the needle the less it hurts, but I don't think I'd ever seen one as fine as this. Probably doesn't help that the only needles I see regularly are for blood tests (and haven't we all seen enough of them!). Mel, your instructions on injection technique from a while ago were very, very useful! It really helped to know the finer details behind how to do it - needle in quick, drug in slow... So after all my fumbles on getting the syringe ready, I did the actual injection myself. I was really quite surprised by how hard it is to push the plunger to inject the drug - the first 5 units were really hard to push in, but after that it seemed to go much easier - I hope the sudden lack of resistance wasn't a sign that things went wrong! A few hours on and my belly isn't sore, no enormous red mark like I had from the trigger shot, and no real side effects that can't be explained away by saying it's late and I'm tired.

I tried to get back earlier and post about it all, but my internet connection very unhelpfully decided to drop out on me!

BW

Sammi Jane Guest

Kim - that's so exciting - it's all happening this week for you!! Good luck with it. Keep us posted on how you go. I've got my 1st blood test after a week of injections tomorrow. It seems to be dragging, but hopefully next week should be my week of EPU & ET. How many days were you on injections before the trigger shot?

BW - I'm assuming the Lucrin needles are the same as Gonal F?? Good on you for doing it yourself. I've made my DH do mine and I can't even watch. He's not going to be around on Saturday at 7pm so I'll have to do it myself. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm sure I'll be fine - I guess you've just got to do it ! Any tips??

Summer - sorry to hear your appointment is delayed. Time will fly though and it will be April before we know it!

Melbel - congrats on your transfer. I hope the 2ww goes quickly for you and it sticks!!

Sammi, the lucrin is instead of the synarel - no icky nasal spray for me again! I'm finding it much easier to tolerate so far. Sneaking on from work in the middle of a class right now, so I'd better go.

BW

Sammi Jane Guest

BW - yeah I know, I meant the actual needles are the same?? I don't know but I'm guessing they're probably similar? Glad you're finding it easier than the Syranel. I can't to stop taking the Syranel - it's horrid stuff!

oops!

it's not injected with a pen-type contraption like the one I have for puregon. I have individual little syringes with plungers and have to draw the right amount out of a little bottle. So more like the trigger shot when you get up to that. I know this could all change after a few more doses, but I really feel normal apart from a few odd hot flushes. Soooo much better than synarel!

BW

Good luck with it BW.

Sammi Jane Guest

No worries BW, they sound like they're quite different. You're very brave doing them yourself - I can't even watch my DH do them and it's only the little pen one... good on you! Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast