Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

BW - you need to take care of YOU just as much as you need to be responsible for your students. you have physically and emotionally been to hell and back the past few weeks with your reactions to meds and all of your bleeding - if a day or two off work to just be BW the person instead of BW the teacher is going to help you get into a better place physically and mentally, then i say CALL IN SICK. work out what you need to forward on tonight, and then take it easy for a day or two.

take care hun!

I think I've hit the point where I know I have to take a day off. I'll still feel guilty about doing it and making my colleagues pick up my classes, but I do know that there isn't much left before I wind up very sick and off work for a lot longer. I guess there's the vague hope that I'll sleep amazingly well and feel fantastic in the morning, but I think I need to rest up for a day to get over the over-tiredness to be able to sleep properly - which makes absolutely no sense, I know!

Any chance fatigue and insomnia could be lucrin side effects? Bad me! must go have that injection!

BW

OMG! I wrote a post and it doenst seem to be here now.

Anyway, the jist of it was, TAKE THE DAY OFF BW. Its not always about being sick, your welfare is just as important.

your post is still here SS - just on the previous page!

you do what you need to BW - i'm sure the school will survive without you for a day - and your colleagues will be happier to pick up the slack for a day or two here and there than to be carrying extra workload long term - and even if you have an amazing nights sleep, a restful day will back it up and do you wonders!!

Kinda funny to be working it through both here and in my journal.

Decision made. I'm staying home tomorrow.

BW

it is definitely interesting working through issues on both threads - glad you've come to a conclusion. Looks like it will be a day of rest for both of us tomorrow - i gotta somehow keep myself under control with no panic attacks tomorrow - i've decided to focus myself on restarting TTC efforts after surgery, rather than thinking about the surgery itself (just hoping it works that way!!)

Sammi Jane Guest

Hope you decided to have the day off BW ! Sounds like you need to rest and look after yourself.

SS - you're not alone - my DH and I fight all the time these days... it's terrible. I am putting it down to all the stress we're under at the moment. Our problem is MF and sometimes I get a bit resentful that I have to go through all of this because of him. I know that's harsh, but sometimes I just can't help it.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

I had my 1st u/s today and I've got 14 follies on one side and about 12 on the other! And they're big!! One is already 18mm and some others are 12-16mm. Apparently that's good?! No wonder I feel so tender and bloated. So, I'll probably be going for my EPU on Monday, thank God - I want them out, they're making me uncomfortable.

I'll have to do my trigger shot on Saturday night then... which means DH won't be around to do it. Bugger. I'm going to have to learn how to do it myself. I'm nervous!! I know lots of you have done your own, so I should stop being such a lightweight and just do it.

Sammi - sounds like you've got a good little stash of eggies there!! good luck with your trigger shot - even though i've been doing injections myself, i still get a little stressed each time i have to do them - do you have someone else that you would trust enough to do it for you if you find that you just can't do it?

i agree with the stress causing everyone to be a little more snippy than normal - i find myself being really short with DH all the time at the moment, and i know it's stress induced. i just can't seem to help it. He's so amazingly understanding though, and never fights back! in some ways, it's a godsend, but in others it's a pain - i reckon a decent yelling match would be really helpful about now!!!

hope you're all having a good day today - mine has started out bad and going from bad to worse. have my surgery tomorrow morning, and woke up an hour ago in the midst of an anxiety attack - yay - think it's going to be a really long day!

Hi all,
    I'm always reading everyone's posts but at the moment I am just waiting waiting waiting for AF to arrive so I can start my first down reg cycle and then start moving forward. It's the weirdest TWW of my life! I really want AF to visit, and visit on time so i can get this show on the road! But then, i kinda don't want her to visit - could i get a BFP this month instead?? (unlikely after 3+ years of trying!). Anyway, she's not due for another 9 days, so i'm just getting anxious waiting.
    BTW, i told DH about wanting AF, and not wanting AF, and he looked at me like i was mental and gave me a sort of "ok, crazy lady," smile.
    But i knew you lot would understand!!!
    Jo

it's the worst kind of muddled up thought pattern, isn't it jo? you don't wantto give up hope that maybe your body will do what it's meant to, but at the same time you are pretty sure that it's not going to cooperate and you want to move forward instead of just WAITING! i can so sympathise with you Jo! fingers crossed that you get a BFP really soon

and i agree - DH's just don't get it, do they??

Thanks briggsy's girl
    I know you (and others) are in a 'holding pattern' at the moment and are waiting for things to happen.
    LTTTC'ers are very practised at waiting (the TWW, waiting for appts, waiting for hormones to kick in, waiting eggies to grow, etc etc) - But that doesn't make it any easier

waiting is one of the hardest things to do

i have become quite experienced at breaking down any wait into small milestones - had a six week wait from first FS appointment to starting treatment - and the longest wait between mini-milestones was only three or four days!!! there was always something short term i could focus on - dinners with friends, birthdays, days off work - and that six weeks just flew by!!! it's now the only way i can survive! i have my diary, and there's always something in there that i can focus on to get me through the short term stuff! at the moment, it's the surgery tomorrow, the follow up appointment with the surgeon next week, then hopefully only a week or two before can tell myself i'm back to optimum health to resume the TTC journey - so even though it might be another fortnight or mnth before my "holding pattern" resumes it's course, it's really only a couple of mini-milestones!

BG, just wanted to pop in and wish you all the very best for your surgery tomorrow.

I can't wait till it's all over so that you can get back to concentrating on ttc.

Good luck sweetie!

thanks so much Willow - i'm wih you - the sooner this is over the better!!

I just realised that I haven't been in here this month at all!

Summer - Bummer about your appointment having to be moved back to April. Hope the time flys by super fast for you. That's great that you have lots of shoulders to cry on at your new workplace too. Did you only just start there this year? I must have missed that info.

BW - Nice new AV there

Mel - Hope you have a super sticky embie on board there.

Big hello to everyone else. Hope you are all well. DH and I had a chat the other night and he wants me to go and get our FS referral renewed/updated, since it is about 2.5 years old. I had a bad week with finding out SIL is pregnant after having listened to how BIL didn't want anymore kids. Now we are getting the phone calls about how sick SIL is! But like it was said before, I would prefer this over them tiptoeing around us.

BG - Goodluck with your OP tomorrow. Hope all goes well

Nic

HI ladies, hope you don't mind me popping in, just after a bit of solace & company.

Butterfly- I hope you've taken the time off & you're enjoying the day.

SS- Sorry to hear about your appt. Hopefully today is a better day for you.

Sammi- great news re: follicles, they sound nice & big & ready to go. Good luck with the EPU. I haven't tried trigger shots, but am wishing you the best.

Jo- the confusion just makes the frustration increase. I hope your bod gets into gear soon and you get the BFP you hope for. Fingers crossed for you too.

Briggsys- I might take a leaf out of your book and fill my diary & be more active & 'out there'. Comes & goes. It's the quiet times when the mind wanders & thinks too much. All the best for your surgery too.

nic- hard to hear loved ones are expecting- esp. rellies. I hear you there. Wishing you much good luck.

Hi everyone else- :-)

Me- well again, hope you don't mind me popping in. I posted a thread earlier in the week, frustrated at the world & thinking rash thoughts. I'm at the very tip of this iceberg called 'assisted conception'. I've done only 1 IUI (drug-free), & this cycle I'm unlikely to ovulate due to non-growing follies, which I'm told is from stress. So more facials & massages to come methinks!
    I wanted to jump on the IVF bus straight away, but I'm learning to take it step by step. DH is back mid-April then gone from mid-May till Sept. Hence I wanted everything to happen for IVF, appts, tests, while he's home. However after some re-thinking, instead of a mad rush (more stress), next cycle I'll commence Clomid to help the follies & stay with IUI until Sept. When DH returns in Sept & nothing happens, then we'll go to IVF. I haven't given it a chance yet have I? I just want it all.
    So...deep breath.

Thanks girls, all the best to you.
    Last edited by lushlou; March 8th, 2007 at 03:03 PM.

Lou - i completely understand how hard it is to feel like you're sitting on your hands waiting for things to happen - it's got to be especially hard for you due to your DH being o/s. i really hope you can try the clomid when you cycle next time and get the results you want - and try to see things positively - don't look at september as "when nothng happens" - try to stay positive, and IF things don't happen for you, THEN look at other options. i can so sympathise with the struggle to stay positive - my DH used to be a long distance truck driver away for 5 or 6 weeks at a time (nothing like your four months at a stretch i know!) - then only home for maybe a week. he's talking about doing it all again, but 2 or 3 weeks on, 1 off - i'm really not liking that idea!!!!

good luck with the whole thing Lou. i'll be crossing my fingers that things go ok for you and keeping an eye on your process.

Thanks briggsy's girl-
    Yes, IF, not when, you're right. See..not paying attention to what I write, still not thinking straight! I'm going to turn the focus back on to DH & I, rather than comparing ourselves to every Tom, D & Harry we know who's pg. IUI is the go for us, so onwards & upwards. Thanks for your advice. :-)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast