Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

Hey BW - am I dreaming or did you just change your clothes? You start injecting yourself with stuff and become a whole new woman!

Not dreaming at all, Taffy. I thought that I needed a change of avatar after having the same one for pretty much all year!

Perhaps the butterfly, which is the meaning of my name and the symbol for new life will have some sort of positive effect now that I finally decided to get one in there! But I just noticed that I've lost my glasses! Oh no!

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if it's the lucrin that has made me so grumpy today, or whether the kids at school really have been feral!

BW

Ah - the kids are being feral because you can't see what they are doing - it all becomes clear (or foggy - whatever the case may be LOL)

I reckon the kids are feral. Our lot are. I was physically hurt today and even involved a police visit too, It felt like I was under the spotlight with all the questioning and statements. The kid also did some other nasty stuff to other people too. I dont feel the best and am really wondering how I would cope if my hormones are all over the place with stuff like this. I had a wonderful support from a colleague, he was a total gem making sure I was ok.

God Summer, how awful for you! Hope you arent too shaken up by it all. what a little horror that kid must be. Hope tomorrow goes better for you!
    Nice new look BW. Its the first thing I noticed when I came on today.... funny, now I cant remember what you looked like before! Having a blonde moment.

I had very, very neat hair and was wearing pink.

Summer, perhaps it's something in the weather at the moment! I've had playground duty for the last two days, and all the rain means everything is really rather swamp-like, and the kids are just nutty! I'm having particular problems with one kid in year 7 in particular, and my nerves are very, very frayed at the moment, dealing with IVF things going wrong and adjusting to the drugs doesn't leave much patience for brats who just don't want to be there. I simply don't have the energy for it! My marking has piled up because I just couldn't face doing any of it over the weeked - I needed a break! Unfortunately, I've got kids screaming for tests to be returned, and it's really quite tempting to take a sick day and catch up - but I know I'd spend it doing other things and not marking and I need to save my sick days for my EPU.

*sigh*

I'll feel a whole heap better after a decent night's sleep!

BW

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me sticking my beak in here.

Summer, that is awful ... I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

BW - I love the new av! Hope the Lucrin does the trick for you this time. Here's to a better cycle.

Mel - hope that embie sticks and stays. Your wedding pictures are beautiful.

Taffy, I see from your ticker the countdown is on for you! Hope the next few months pass quickly.

Thanks, Mel

I'm still feeling better on the second day of lucrin than I ever did at any stage after my first synarel squirt, so I hope that's a good sign! In fact, I'm feeling so normal that I'm wondering if it's having any effect at all.

Good luck for EPU today, Kim. Will be thinking of you.

BW

Hi Ladies!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!

BW - Glad you're feeling better about everything!!
    Kim - Just wanted to wish you every best wish for EPU today!
    Mel - Fantastic news about your transfer!!! I know its a little overwhelming when you start off with so many and the numbers go down, but you have done PGD and gotten 2 healthy little ones, so at least you know your body is working with the best embies possible Hope the 2ww goes fast fast fast for you!!!

Hi to everyone else... sorry if I've missed anyone!!!

Nothing much happening here.. my acupuncturist has me doing temps every day to see how my herbs are working... everything is working like clockwork, my body is so perfect with every damn part of my cycle except for the part that matters!!!!
    Always have a 28 day cycle, always O at day 14 or 15, but just can't do that final crucial step!!!!
    Ah, we will get there! At least I can rely on consistency...regardless of whether it works to my advantage!!!

Well, I spoke too soon about babies on their way - baby no 1 arrived yesterday, (a friend) so here we go!
    Also spent half of yesterday on the phone to one SIL listening about how she has finished the baby's room (she's due in 4 weeks with baby no 2), and then had a phonecall from SIL no 2 and listened about morning sickness etc, and how hard it is..... blah blah blah!!!!!
    Ah, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger..... what can you do???!!!
    I am happy enough, though, that they talk to me - I would rather that than if they avoided the situation and tip toed around me, so I can't have everything!!!

Hope you guys are all doing great xxx

Holly
    xxx

BW - I notoiced the Av too - its great. I was wondering if you had made the swap to contact lenses (do it! you'll never look back). I'm glad the injections are going well - here's praying that they continue to do the right things for you.
    Summer - our kids aren't feral, but they're all older (yr 11 and 12 only) so its a bit different here. Hope you are ok and that things are sorted now. It's been a long time since we had the police at our school.
    to everyone else. Hope that there are lots of BFPs coming out of this thread soon!

Hi Guys

BW - Extremely brave on the needle front the two times i tried giving them to myself i ended up getting myself so worked up it took me half an hour to let DH do it! So 10 out of 10 for bravery!

Also had a bit of giggle kids being called feral in a TTC forum - someones gotta love em!

But Summer really sorry you had such a crappy day!

Well the TWW here is dragging on and i still have 12 sleeps to go! Crazy this is the worste form of torture! Thank goodness the Crinone cramping has become bearable and i am feeling lots better and except extremely sore BB's and very tired..

Melbel - how are you coping with the TWW? What date are you due for testing? im the 19th..

Everyone else have a great day

S

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi everyone,

I went for my 1st b/t today and the nurse left a message on my phone saying that my estrogen levels are high (didn't say how high) and that I have to drop my Gonal F dose tonight down to 75 units (from 150) and go in for an u/s and b/t tomorrow morning.

I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'm feeling a little bit anxious. I told the nurse this morning that it feels like there's a lot going on down there. I feel like my ovaries are very full already and I've only been on stims for 7 days. Hopefully this will mean that I'll be having EPU earlier than expected! I just hope it doesn't spell disaster for this cycle.

Anyway, hope everyone is well.

SJ - sounds like you're doing well with the injections - hopefully your tests tomorrow will show a good number of follies ripe and ready for the picking!!

Shannon & Mel - good luck with the TWW - it's painful to have to just wait isn't it?? i really hope things go well for you this cycle!

to everyone else a big hi and huge cyber hugs!

Thanks Sazz, BW, Melbo, Sporty for all your kind thoughts about yesterday. The word had spread so got lots of other visitors today and also reassured me that I have lots of shoulders to lean on for support which are brilliant esp. since im at a new workplace and friendships are still developing.
    Hi Holly, Shannon,BG Hope things are going well with you two.
    Sammi I hope thats its just a little tweaking to do with the meds and you will be all set. Wishing you all the best for the u/s tomorrow.

Im still on a low dose of Metformin , I did start increasing until I had to go on antibiotics. I dont know if it was just yesterday or the fact that DH & I had a major fight when he got home. He commented about what im eating and how im meant to be dieting. I had 2 **&^%* rye biscuits with vegemite. I just feel so lost about things. I just felt so depressed last night and even though things have been rough whilst TTC, it has been a long time since Ive starting feeling the way I do. Im starting to wonder about actually taking this drug now!! And I know my bad habits are starting, i ate some junk food too, my first slip up this year. I really do feel alone and stressed out. My fur babies know I am as they both have been hanging around me, sleeping on my side of the bed without any dramas fighting with each other. Sorry I really should have just started a vent somewhere...

:hugs: Summer. I remember that DH and I had quite a few fights while we were in that waiting period, both when we were waiting on results and probably more so when I was on the pill. I don't think it's the metformin, I think it's the stress you are both under.

I dealt with the diet thing by insisting my DH went on the same thing I was on. We still both have our little slip ups now, but have realised that if we eat properly MOST of the time, we can still manage to lose weight with the occasional treat. Even the last few weeks when I've been way too tired to exercise I've still been losing weight.

In some ways, I'm now feeling really angry with your DH! The odd little treat isn't going to hurt at all, just so long as you are doing the right thing the majority of the time! Grrr! Let me smack some sense into him for you if he doesn't back off!

Maybe when I've had a decent sleep and have some energy, though...

BW

SS - it can be a really stressful time for both you and your DH - i'm sorry it's leading to conflict between the two of you. and i agree with BW - the occassional slip from the low GI diet won't hurt - it's probably better to have an occassional snack and keep with the main part of the diet, than to fall off the wagon big time and just binge (i know how that feels - was doing really well on the low GI thing til the issues of the last couple of weeks - i'm aiming for a new start again next week post surgery!!)

BW - really hoping you get some much needed rest soon - you've been having a tough time lately and would be great to see you catch up on some sleep and back to the refreshed and optimistic BW we all seen a few weeks back! take care hun

ok, girls. I think it's "convince BW to call in sick tomorrow" time!

I think my bleeding has finally stopped again! But I'm not going to tell DH that! I just want to collapse into bed tonight. The sucky part of being a teacher is that I'll still have to get up at normal time to prepare work and send it in, and then it will be too late for me to be able to get back to sleep.

But... better get that injection done before I get too tired and forget completely!

BW

Hmm...do i just poke my head into this post and say DO IT BW! ROFL you know my feelings about these days, its not only when your sick, its for stress releif too. Remember one of the words in OHSW- is the welfare. Its in your best interest to stay home.

Cant you send the work now so you can sleep in?

BTW...I didnt even tell DH about my slip up- he cracked it over the healthy food I ate! let alone that. OMG, he would be freaking.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast