Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

I did take the day off! And I'm still sitting here in my pjs at 4:30 as predicted! Feeling so much better physically, mentally, everything! I sooo needed a day to myself!

I've got a bit of a quandary about a baby shower I've been invited to... It's an old friend of mine whose baby is due in May. I've been pretty open about the IVF at church, which is where I originally met her. But, we also worked in the same place for a while, and I expect that some of my current work colleagues will be there - and that's a place I want to not know about the IVF unless they absolutely have to.

Lets complicate things even more. I'm due to start puregon on the 16th ( for good blood test results this time!), and the baby shower is on the 31st. I was going to apply for an inservice on the 30th, but when I looked at the calendar, that's when I'm possibly going to be in the thick of things with EPU and transfer. I know I won't know the exact dates until much closer, but... It's a baby shower! I'm very weird in that I cope quite well with babies, but I just don't cope at all around pregnant women. Lots of thinking and considering ahead for me, I think.

BW

Hey everyone,
    Hope you are all doing well, way too many people in here atm to do personals.

Well I am 7dpo IUI today & having absolutely no symptoms what so ever but I have a bit of a dilemma.

I have a wedding to go to tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to but I don't want to drink 'just in case' but what am I going to tell people because I'm sure some of them will notice?

I know the one time I do drink I'm bound to find out I'm pg & then worry for the next 9 months (I guess I've just answered my own question) so I guess I'll have to think of some excuse.

I just spent two hours at the hairdressers with her being 26 weeks pg & going on & on about how wonderful it is to be pg & this & that is happening, blah blah blah.
    Of course I am happy for her but it really does hurt sometimes.

One more week of waiting to go & I'm on holidays atm so I figure it's going to drag.
    Oh well I'm getting used to life being one huge waiting game (not just with ttc either).

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second chloimd / IUI March 2007 - (fingers crossed)
    this will be the year!

YAY BW - how wonderful that you took the day off - and how good are PJ's - they are my favourite attire. Re the baby shower - if you know that you won't be comfortable then don't go. No point putting yourself through the stress. I would write a lovely note and send a little gift.

BG - best of luck with your op tomorrow - fingers crossed that everythign goes as planned and you will be back TTCing in no time

Lou - I will join you for those massages I know how hard the waiting is - DP and I have a new FS appt on 8 May which currently seems so incredibly far away and I am tearing my hair out in the mean time. Lets hope for you that the IUI work and you can surprise DH with the best gift ever when he comes home in September.

Hi everyone else

Me - I'm still in my neverending holding pattern (but learning so much about the whole process that I have to look forward to ferom everyone else)

BW - glad you've had a restful day - it sounds like it's done the trick to get you feeling a lot better - and don't fret about the pj's - i did the same!!! only just had a shower now so that i was dressed before DH got home from work (and isn't it all the way - you crave a long hot shower and the pilot light on the hot water service goes out!!!). with regard to the baby shower, i don't know what to advise you sweet. i've been put in the situation of being in the same reoom as a number of pg women, and i didn't cope too well either. i guess a lot of it would depend on how good a friend it is and whether you would be able to overcome your discomfort to be there cos they're one of your best friends... maybe talk it over with the friend herself - she knows what you're going through and would probably be really sympathetic of your situation...

Jo - there are lots of things you can say for why you're not drinking - and most people wouldn't pick up on it! you're driving home, you've had a stomach bug/gastro this week and don't want to push it! i'm sure you'll be creative!!! i tend to use the "i'm driving" thing most of the time - and if we're walking, we're usually at the house of a friend who knows we're going through treatment, so if i say i just don't want to drink, they let it go. i've become very well practiced at declining drinks fairly regularly over the past year or so (gotta love the dental surgery for some things - don't care who knows about that, so the idea of alcohol and strong pain killers not matching has been awesome!!) - so now if i decline a drink, noone seems to notice it at all! hey, there's an idea - you have a bit of a tooth ache (or any other type of ache) and taking painkillers or antibiotics and don't want to mix them with alcohol!!! enjoy the wedding

Taffy - the holding pattern thing sucks, doesn't it??? but the 8th of may isn't that far off, and i believe it's going to be a good omen for you (it's my bday!!)

as for me, well, as much as i don't want to, it's time to turn the computer off and get organised. would much rather stay here stalking the threads, but if i don't get organised, all i'm doing is delaying the inevitable. hopefully by this time tomorrow i'll be back home and curled up on the couch feeling miserable from the anesthetic and the op instead of feeling miserable from anxiety attacks like i am now. wish me luck girls - talk to you all soon

Good luck for tomorrow briggsy's girl.

BW, i was interested to read what you said about being good around babies, but not the pregnant women. I agree - i thought that was just me.

Jo - there are loads of good reasons to give why you aren't drinking. i used to stress about that too, but it's been 3+ years of saying (at gatherings) that i'm not drinking and no-one ever comments anymore. You can always use the 'liver cleansning diet' line - but then you can't eat all the yummy bad food

Jo, I always thought it was just me, too!
    I think it's purely a self-protection mechanism. I know that in a lot of ways, the IVF and TTC struggle isn't so much about having a baby now, that aspect has been shoved off to the back of my mind. It's about becoming pregnant, and the fact that babies come from being pregnant doesn't really enter my head at times. The focus shifted somewhere along the way, purely to make it easier to cope and function. That may not make much sense, I know.

BW

You are absolutely right. Somewhere between day 1 of TTC and now, the goal has shifted from having a baby and starting a family, to just getting pregnant.
    BTW, i have just found your TTC journal. Thank you for having the courage to write it all down - hopefully it has been therapeutic for you a bit too. You have acquired a lot of knowledge during your TTC years and there are a lot of people here who appreciate your support and willingness to share your ideas and wisdom.

Thanks, Jo. It's very sweet of you to say that. I've always had a passion for learning as much about my body and the many and varied health conditions I have suffered from, and the teacher in me insists on sharing that knowledge freely. It's really only been 15 months of TTC, but it feels like an eternity some days. Just thinking on the babies ok, pregnant women not ok thing... some days, babies and children are just too much as well! But as a general rule, I'll be much better around babies than I will be around pregnant women. I think part of that comes from the fact that I have several friends who have experienced difficulties TTC, and being around their children now reminds me that there is always hope.

BW

Hi lovely ladies!
    Wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow BG. Hope all goes smoothly and you feel on top of things soon.
    Jo, Mel and everyone on the TTW. Hope the time goes quickly and you get good news REALLY soon.
    BW. Glad to see you did take the day off. Don't get guilty feelings about it at all. You surely needed it and you aren't much good in the classroom if you can't function so it probably was best for everyone!Hope you feel back to 100% soon.
    Interesting about the pregnant women/babies comments. I haven't really thought about it all that much before now, but I feel exactly the same way. About the baby shower. I think you will find that everyone who knows your situation will be really sensitive to you but there will be others who might say the wrong thing. If you really dont want to risk your emotions, I would say dont go. I'm absolutely sure those who know will understand. I went to one a while ago and my friends were great but a mother who didnt know, said stupid insensitive things and I had to get myself together in the loo for a while...gggrrr.
    As for the wedding, I would say something about health or medication. A diet? Painkillers? They are great excuses and I have used them both myself previously. Have a great time there!!!
    Hope everyone is going ok today. Hope to catch up with more personals next time... Having trouble keeping up at the mo.!!!
    big hugs from me, Sazz.

I've got a fantastic excuse for not drinking... it mixes badly with the medications I'm on. I never really drank much anyway, but when you're on three different meds that don't like alcohol, you really can't get near it. Doesn't help much for those of you who do drink sometimes, though.

Quick question for lucrin users - cramps = normal? I stopped primolut about three days ago, and ever since I've had abdominal cramping. There were two days of overlap between the lucrin and the primolut, and I'm sure hoping it's not related to stopping the primolut as I'm basically entering my 10th day of bleeding now. Sure, it's mainly been very light or just plain spotting, but the last thing I want is AF cramps and AF building back up to full flow again!

BW

Hi Lovely Ladies!!!

Just a quick pop in - wanted to wish BG all the best for today xxx
    Hope everyone else is doing great, sorry for lack of personals, but don't have much time this morning!!!

As for me - Baby no 2 on our never ending list of family & friends having babies arrived yesterday.... still doing not too bad considering, but ask me again when ex hubby gives me a call with his news

DH & I had a big screaming match last night (only ever happens about once a year mainly, and is usually $$$ related!).
    He has sensed me becoming impatient TTC naturally, and I guess with babies everywhere I look, think & breathe at the moment, its not helping!!!!
    He told me he was a little worried as he thinks I'm becoming obsessed and thinking of nothing but TTC.... I know I am at the moment, but under the circumstances, wouldn't this be normal???!!!
    When I said this to him, he got angry saying that It shouldn't matter how many babies there are around us - we shouldn't be bothered about anyone else except ourselves.
    When I said that it was just a little hard to take atm, and that I was just so envious, he said he couldn't comprehend what I've got to be envious about - 1) We have got Luke & 2) It will happen for us so just wait until it does.....aaahhhh, sometimes I think that men just don't get it!!!!
    I told him last night that he doesn't have to understand how I feel, he just has to be there for me....
    Things are fine now - and we only argued for a little while before talking for a long time, so thats good, but sometimes I just feel like there just truly is noone that understands....
    So great to have this forum otherwise I may have lost the plot by now!!!

Best wishes to everyone & hopefully catch up later on today sometime!!!

Holly
    xxx

BW - Glad to hear you had yesterday off, sounds like it was a nice relaxing one too
    Not sure what advice to give you about the baby shower.

Jo - Hope you have great time at the wedding this weekend, and no one questions why you aren't drinking.

BG - Thinking of you today. Hope all is well.

Big hello to everyone else.
    Had planned on chatting with my DH last night, but had EWCM so BD instead!

Nic

Sammi Jane Guest

GB - hope surgery went well.

Lushlou - I hope you're feeling a bit better. Sometimes it's difficult to keep on top of everything. Fingers crossed that you won't need to worry about any of it by September!

Jo - hope the 2ww isn't dragging too much for you. Hope it's a BFP at the end of it!! As for the not drinking, I know what you mean - I have a good friend's hen's day in the middle of what will be my 2ww on my 1st IVF. I don't know what to tell people... Maybe that you're on some medication that you can't drink with? I'm just worried about the questions because it's really not like me not to drink. If you come up with a great excuse please let me know.

BW - glad to hear you took the day off. Sounds like you had a lovely day relaxing. Hope you're feeling better soon! With the baby shower I think it depends on how good a friend it is. The last one I was invited to I made up an excuse that we had something else on. I just couldn't deal with it. I will see her soon at home now that the baby is born.

Hollybolly - I know what you mean about feeling alone. My DH & I argue quite a bit about all of this TTC stuff... they just don't understand how we feel. It's very difficult when you're wanting sympathy from them and they don't even understand why?! It is good that when they don't understand we have all the lovely ladies here to understand!

Hello to everyone else, sorry if I've missed anyone. It's hard to keep up!

Well I've got my EPU on Monday. I had my scan yesterday and I have to go for one more blood test tomorrow morning but they've told me it will be Monday. I've got 26 follies and they're big! I can't wait for it to be over. I'm feeling very tender and bloated and tired. I gave myself my 1st needle last night which was much easier than I thought - it didn't hurt at all. It hurt less than when DH did it! So now I'm feeling confident about giving myself the trigger shot on Saturday night.

Way to go on the needles, Sammi! Told you they didn't hurt at all. Watch the trigger shot, though - that one stings! I'm sure someone will have some tips on how to make it hurt less, though.

BW

Hi all,

Holly - sorry to hear about the fight, this ttc journey is just so stressful at times that of course you have every right to feel envious.
    Keep your chin up & yes men just don't get it at times, I think it is hard for them as well but they just don't like to admit it!

Sammi - good luck with your EPU on Monday, 26 follies - wow I've never heard of that many b4 well done!

Nic - BD is so much better than just talking lol!

Well we have the wedding today & my face decided to break out in a few zits yesterday (I hardly ever get pimples) so I was a bit peeved but hey if it's me rather than the bride so be it, I'll take one for the team lol.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second chlomid /IUI March 2007 - fingers tightly squeezed!!!
    this will be the year!

Just slightly peeved, one of the reason we didnt want our other appointment time for the FS was we were getting a delivery, the company rings and says everything apart from one thing (of course the main thing Im waiting for!!!) isnt ready. So we had 2 choices really, get some delivered and paid a huge delivery fee or have it all wait for the other bit. So in fact if DHs results were in, we could have kept the appointment. I was like a raging bull when i was told and the $%^*$%&$ wont answer when I ring to "speak" with the company about it all. I was really looking forward to my new things too to keep me going.
    I bought swimming upstream, DH didnt seem to thrilled when I said the parcel was for him!

Im sorry sunny summer I know that everyone here on BB loved Swimming Upstream but both me and DH found it really depressing! Id rather read something thats going to make me feel positive- like YES! I can do this- Its going to work! Its just that I really need that kind of thing to keep me going as ridiculous as it may sound! The power of positive thinking I guess, cause Im already negative enough as it is and that book didnt do that for me! so don't be too hard on your DH if he doesnt want to read it- Ive found that DH's tend to be much more postive than there partner about all of this in my experience!

Thanks Kim. Ive read why me an infertility book and loved it, I would go to bed early and read it. I just have another one, something along the lines of Dealing with the baby gods which only arrived here the same day as swimming upstream.

I totally understand about being positive and not reading all the negs.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast