Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

HI All

thanks so much for your thoughts today. i survived the surgery (and the massive anxiety attack beforehand) and was on my way home again by lunch time! have a bit of a fat lip, and still a fair degree of numbness - would have thought that, 10 hours after the surgery all of that would be gone, but i'm guessing there might be a little bit of bruising around the nerve endings that's causing me grief. normally they'd ask patients to take nurofen plus or something with ibuprofen in it to reduce the swelling, but it's not recommended with the metformin, so just taking panadeine. so far have only needed one at a time, but things are starting to get a little more uncomfy, so i'm pretty sure by bed time i'll be doubling it up!

not feeling particularly energetic at the moment, so no personals. hope you all have a great weekend...

BG, I'm glad you're out of surgery and feeling ok so far. You're right, the pain will be pretty bad soon enough! Hopefully you can get some time to relax and recover from all that stress and anxiety as well as the surgery.

Still feeling pretty tired myself... but so much better for having a day off yesterday! Although, I've definitely got lucrin side effects happening now - headaches, grumpiness, and just feeling generally out of sorts and short-tempered. It's not as bad as the synarel, though. One more week and we'll see how my levels are going and whether we can start puregon Time is rushing by so quickly!

BW

BG, glad your surgery went well, hope you're feeling even better tomorrow! I'd keep the panadeine up even when you think you don't need it cause it can hit you really suddenly and then you have to wait for the pain to ease again! I learnt that the hard way after surgery to remove all of my wisdom teeth!

Quick update from me. Found out at 2.30pm yesterday that of our 15 eggs, 4 had made it to PGD testing stage, and from that we had one grade one embie. Had transfer yesterday, ( not by normal Dr, as he had another surgery, but by Dr Michael Gronow- any comments from anyone using him?).... So now the waiting begins

Hi Ladies

Wow everything is going on in here at the moment! I had to take notes as i was reading to catch up!!

Hollybolly - Completely understand the DH not understanding issue... mine was exactly the same until we got his results and then the tides turned big time.. to the point where the first thing he would say to me in the morning is what cycle day i was on and what we should be doing today.. Freaked me out a bit!!

BW - Extremely glad you took the day off for yourself and relaxed!!

BG - Glad to hear the op went well! And the panic attacks are over Definately keep those pain killers up.. i had 5 wisdom teeth removed 3 weeks ago and was told you heal a lot quicker with no pain.. look after yourself!

Sammi- VERY impressive on the needles front i am sure you will do great with the trigger tonight and just think the LAST needle!

EJE - Congrats on your tranfer yesterday lets hope he is very sticky.. good luck with the TWW!!

Anyone i missed hope you are doing great and have a great weekend!!

Well we are only 5 days into our TWW and it is dragging!!!! Hving quite a few side affects from the crinone i feel like i am carrying two watermelons on my chest, im sure they have almost doubled in size! Which is scary when you start with a EE! Arghhh!
    Oh and i have the face of 14 year old.. i broke out horrible at work on wed..and when i got in the car cheeky DH had the nerve to say "Bring some friends home with you darl?"

Some bad news here to DH's grandfather passed away on Thurs so we are flying to Melbourne first thing tomorrow morning and then on to Bendigo for 3 days with the in laws..we are sharing a hotel room and car with them. Should be interesting?!!?

We have 1 day in Melbourne on Sunday by ourselves. Anyone have any advise on what we should do with our day? Whats there to see in Melb??

Have a lovely weekend!

BG I hope your feeling better today. Well done for getting it all over with. How come your not allowed to used nurofin or ibuprofin with Metformin? (I better remember this) Ive only had to take normal pandol so far.
    BW You can come over and join in being at the grumpy house here. I dont feel like myself and this is only with this! Its scary the hell of of me and making me questioning the whole concept of doing ivf. So its not a place where im happy with right now.
    EJE Hope that little eggie is the stickest for you and the tww passes quickly for you.
    Shannon Im sorry to read about the passing of your DHs grandfather. As for what there is to do in Melb. there is lots! Do you want to do a normal toursit thing or want great places to shop?

Well this morning hasnt started off the best, Im feeling really confused about how my body is actually going to cope with IVF if im feeling like this on Metformin. DH also commeneted while we were watching BL and Munnalita, what are you going to do if they say that your too heavy for IVF and need to loose weight? Just keep kicking me while Im down. ANd then a massive fight about a speeding fine, so hes broken the golden rule and left without a kiss this morning, probably something which doesnt seem much to others but we ALWAYS say goodbye with a kiss, just in case something happens I guess is why we started doing it.

Summer, the grumpy comes and goes, and seems to relate to how tired I am. Not all FSs are as fussy as mine on the weight issue, and the fact that you are on the metformin, exercising, eating right and losing weight anyway is going to be a huge factor in your favour anyway. Seems to me you are both super stressed and that's what's causing the current rough patch in your relationship. Take some time out to spend with each other and NOT talk about any of the IVF/fertility stuff. Get back in touch with each other and relax. Try not to worry about "what ifs", just wait and see. Feels kinda odd giving you this advice, as this is always what my DH is saying to me, and I know sometimes it doesn't help because the issues are too big to get my head around, but most of the time it works. Focus a little more on the here and now, rather than the future.

Shannon, so sorry for the loss in your family. I hope being in close quarters with the in-laws isn't too straining, I know I don't cope very well with that sort of thing!

EJE, I hope that embie is super-sticky!

BG, how are you feeling today? Hope you're not too uncomfortable. I'm another that's not heard anything about the nurofen and metformin thing. Although, most of the time I have to avoid nurofen as I'm generally on some form of naprosyn for the arthritis (both are NSAIDs). I have 4 doctors (GP, rheumy, FS and a close friend) that regularly review the meds I'm on and not one of them has mentioned metformin and NSAIDs being a problem. I do have a warning sticker on my metformin pack about aspirin, though.

Me... still bleeding! It's becoming just plain stupid now. It is only light, but it's just gone on for so long!

BW

Shannon - so sorry to hear about DH's grandfather. i can sympathise with what you're going through. hope you're both coping ok

EJE - hope that little embie is super stickie for you! fingers crossed for you

SS - sorry to hear your struggling with the metformin. maybe talk to FS about the slaw release metformin. i was having severe side effects from the normal metforin twice daily to the point where i was ready to throw in the towel on the whole TTC thing cos i was so sick. spoke to FS who changed me to the extended release stuff, and i have so few side effects now, it's brilliant!!! they can also reduce the dosage (i was on 1700mg a day, back down to 1000mg now, and no big dramas). it's always an option! as to the weight thing, losing weight can help, but i was told it wasn't essential - just helps you to feel a little better in yourself. i've been doing the LOW GI thing and gradually losing weight, but i'm not fretting too much about it - putting pressure on myself to lose weight just made it harder!! and i completely understand the "golden rule" - DH and i do the same. never leave without a kiss, never hand up without i love you (he used to be on the road weeks at a time so we started that then instead of a kiss, and it's just kinda stuck now!).

The metfomin/ibuprofin thing is in regard to having hypo's - i was getting pretty huge hypo's even before the going on metfomin cos i have reactive hypoglycaemia (probably from the PCOS/insulin resistance) - had it pretty well under control with the LOW GI diet - anyway, after starting on the metformin, i had problems with headaches and stuff, and the doc said to take nurofen plus - started getting really bad hypo's again - and started getting worried about it so looked up the net and it says that NSAID's will create a higher likelihood of hypo's. stopped taking nurofen, swapped to panadeine when i needed it, and haven't hypo'd in over 6 weeks.

as for me - well, swelling got worse over night, which i expected. numbness has all worn off from my lips, so feeling a litte uncomfy, but managed to sleep most of the night without too many dramas. slept six solid hours, then took another pain killer and got another four hours of rest (not sleep, but hey, anythings better than nothing!). worst thing is that DH just wants to hold me and give me hugs to make me feel better, but any sort of pressure on my face on either side is really uncomfy, so he feels more than a little lost! he's going to go out and do some painting outside today to give me some peace, and i'm going to do sweet nothing all day i think - best way to recover is to get lots of rest!

Thanks BW! Its not even about sometimes the IVF / TTC that is causing fights. He has began his stupid stance about his speeding fine. The car is only in my name and he got a camera fine and expected me to just pay it! We argued about it and then i left it and I mentioned that there was a JP at work and she signed the form. I told him to cope it sweet, his actions, he needs to take responsbibility. And he turns around and says well you need to accept the consequences of YOUR actions! And you wonder why we are fighting!!!

When are you going back to the FS? Can you ask them whats going on and is there anything they can do about it?

BG Im glad you at some sleep you poor thing. How cute of your DH that a cuddle will fix your aching/ throbbing face. Like with BW, I only knew about not taking Aspirin with the Metformin.

When it comes to the metformin and NSAIDs, it doesn't appear to be something I need to worry about. Seems my glucose levels stay fairly stable, I've never really had hypos at all, but it is something that I will keep an eye on, particularly with the doses of NSAIDs I can be on at times. Seems like it's not necessarily an issue for everyone, just those people who are susceptible to the problem.

Summer, I'd bet that your DH is feeling stressed, guilty, frightened and just generally freaked out. But, like a typical bloke, he doesn't really know how to talk through it all. It might be worth chatting to the counsellor attached to your clinic. Even if you can't get DH to go, they may be able to give you some suggestions on how to get him to open up and stop blaming himself. Hang in there! The slow release metformin may be the way to go, too. I've just switched back to the regular type, and I'm noticing a slight disturbance in my digestive system, and yesterday my acupuncturist was commenting on just how well I was going with the low GI diet and stuff, and this was the longest she's ever seen my digestive system go without some sort of disturbance.

BW

Hi ladies just poping in to say im still around and thinking of you all (where is Megan by the way?)

Good luck to all thoes in 2ww im hoping there the stickiest ever.lol

been really sick lately, shocking head ache and lots of horrid hand foot and mouth at work as well as school sores!!! so keeping a low profile.

ive been finding it a little hard to keep up and post but you are all in my thoughts.

Summer im sorry things are a little rough at home at the mo ttc is never easy on relationships. (dh and i fight all the time when ttc, and i hate it)

Im off to old Fs on Tuesday so i can use our bulk billed cycle that they o us and hopefully get my BFP soon with all of you

At least DH was nice and rang me at his lunch time. Dont have to change the locks on the door or sell his new dvds for $1 online!
    Feeling better have done nothing expect list items on my online store and chat with friends online.
    LOU I hope you dont catch any of those dreaded things going around at work. Yukko. that the old FS can work some magic for you.

Hi Lou! I'm here, just struggling to find time to read and post at the moment! My laptop died this afternoon too which is going to make things more difficult!

I am having another FET and finally got my LH surge today, so transfer is Wednesday. I did OPK's for 5 days and then BT's for 5 days. The nurses wouldn't listen when I said I ovulate late in my cycle with a 10-11 day LP. Oh, well. Maybe now that they have seen I ovulated late twice in a row they may believe me?
    probably not though!

Nice to see your around Megan. Silly nurses, sometimes they need to listen to us more. I hope everything goes well and will be thinking about you on Wednesday.

My Vent:
    Just want to tell you all that a friend who started trying at the same time I did- April 2005 and fell preg first month has just anounced she's preg again!

And Im yet to fall preg once!

Why is everybodys life around me so perfect!

:hugs: Kim. I'm not sure there's anything I can say to make you feel better. I've coped ok with most friends of mine, apart from the one who fell first cycle at the same time we started trying. Just for my own sanity, I've had to cease all contact with her. Just know that we all know how you feel.

BW

thanks BW
    Just had a major melt down with DH this morning as were doing ivf because of MF. I dont speak to these people anymore and I too have severed contact but it still really [email protected]#*es me off!

This April it will coming up to two years! We WASTED last year because a) the FS was telling us that my DH sperm morph was nothing to worry about and b) by DH would do no reading, research- nothing he was in complete denial that there was something wrong with him and was just happy to go along with what the FS said- even though I kept telling him otherwise!

Im really resentful today! I told him to go out and leave me alone for the day cause right now I hate him for that wasted year, for not believing in me when I did all the research and for letting all these people around me get preg when I could have started Icsi this time last year!!!! and I was a year younger and so were my eggs! SORRY I NEED TO VENT!

Im really upset today!

Kim - i honestly don't know what to say - it's so hard to be going through what we're going through at the moment - there are some things that are just really really hard to cope with. i only hope the day gets better for you. just wanting to send you massive cyber hugs today. take care of yourself

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast