Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

Ohh Bec! I'm so sorry it didn't happen today. I agree with Carla, though. Maybe it just needs one more day.

Carla, that's just horrible (about the mum). I work as an employment consultant in job network, where my job is encouraging those on centrelink to find work & find work for them. I see mums with multiple children to multiple dads. Some that space them out so they don't have to return to work. What makes it worse, are the number who are still babies themselves or who have DOCS come in take one & they get pregnant with another. It tears me apart when I know there are so many of us who would move heaven and earth to be parents & it comes so easy to those who don't care.

What I do want to know from everyone here; Where are your best friends right now??? You all seem so amazing and loyal & you're friends should be with you, creating distractions or making room on their shoulders for when you need it. I hope they are right there sharing all the tears & emotions just like you do for them!

Anyway, got to start heading to Sydney again, ready for EPU tomorrow. I hope there's good news soon.

Lou - I have friends who support me and they are great sometimes though I just want to keep it normal with them

Bec - I know it is devastating but it is not all over and maybe just maybe there is an answer in going to blastie

BecD - honey I'm so sorry things are just not getting there but keep strong cos they WILL!!!! :hugs:
    Izzylou - yeah I have great friends and they are always ready to listen when I need them. Some friends have not had a m/c, difficulty TTC or any health issues at all and, the some that have, are not experiencing them now so I feel that this forum just gives me the extra chance to vent, discuss, learn, understand where I have come from, why I am feeling what I do now and where I might be headed in the future with people who are feeling similar things to me now in the present. I feel doubly lucky I have my "cake" (you guys) and my friends too (so to speak).

PCL - Great way of putting it

Also meant to say after re reaing my post that I was not being defensive Lou and thanks for asking

No transfer today, both of my embryos stopped growing.
    Am so devastated right now, I just don't know what else I can do.

BecD

I am so sorry. Did they give you any explaination as to what happened?
    Do you have any more? It is really hard when things don't go right and you dont even make it to the TWW. We start gearing ourselves up for so much negative that we justbegin to expect it.
    Final BT tomorrow and expect it to be negative just because it is easier not to get hopes up.
    Really bad time to ask but what clinic are you going through?

TL just wondering have you started your new job yet, hope they are nicer to you than your old job.

Bec - oh honey - I don't know what do or say for you, what to suggest even as I feel I am hopelessly inexperienced in the area of fertility. But I just want to reassure u that we r here for u in all of our capacity and wishing u a brighter tomorrow - the brightness can't be seen at the moment but in time it will happen. Ur bubba will come to u, u need to and have to believe in that certainty :hugs:

Bec, So sorry to hear about your news. I agree with the girls. Please know that we're here.

TL, I hope I didn't come across as rude before. I just know that I've got one amazing best friend who tries to make life as normal & creates as many distractions as possible, but allows me to just talk/vent so I don't upset/offend DH. But, alot of my other friends have avoided us including a friend who has just had a baby. We don't tend to talk about it unless asked & I can only imagine alot of other people go through the same. My Best Friend is so excited & keeps telling me this is "our" baby & therefore is insisting on going through it all with me.

I feel so lucky to have this & all of you here as I don't know anyone personally who has been through this & it's made the experience so much easier, with lots of advice & kind thoughts.

I had EPU this morning. They collected 8 eggs from my left ovary, but couldn't get to my right without pinching my bowel. Will be spending the afternoon recovering.. Now just need to wait for the OHSS to settle before they decide if they can transfer.

Bec, I am so sorry :hugs:
    I hope your FS is able to explain to you why your embies didn't make it - I hope it would help you with the grief you are feeling now. Please know that we are all here for you in what ever way possible and that the despair you are feeling now is horrible, but that it will pass in time. I know that you have so much hope and such a strong dream for your future child. This is the hope that will return. Many hugs to you, hun

Lou, great news. I'm glad to hear that although your right ovary was tricky you left has given you a really good number of eggs. I hope you have a speedy recovery and that the OHSS settles soon so that ET can happen sooner rather than later. Good luck! (Keep drinking that water!)

Lou - No I thought I came accross rude Good egg numbers and GL with OHSS

Bec so sorry sweet that is sucky news

Saph - Will be thinking of you with BT tomorrow. I start the new job on the 1st April so I week of unemployment to go

Thanks for your support guys. Have had a crap day but will survive, there is no other option I guess.

The clinic said that the embryos pretty much stopped growing after four days, they wanted to give them the extra day to see if they would kick-start again but they didn't. They said the whole 'if they don't grow to blast, they wouldnt get you pregnant' but I think that's a load of crap, lots of people have gotten pregnant from 2 and 3 day embryos that weren't the best, and a lot of them wouldnt have made it to blastocyst stage.

I just can't believe that I went through all the drugs, the egg collection, the hormones, the money, and we don't even get a chance at having a baby from it.

DH is very upset, he wants us to change clinics etc but I don't want to, not now. We are at Fert WA in Bethesda. I do like it there in the sense that I know the people and trust them, but at the same time, they aren't delivering results which is the number one thing. My friend has just got a job at Pivet as a research assistant, and she is going to find some information out for me from there shortly.

I don't know what the next step is for us. Probably have to go back to traditional IVF and all the drugs and cost that comes with it, or alternatively keep going with IVM and do transfers at day3. I want to really push for double embryo transfer. We have discussed the chances of twins and are more than happy to take that risk.

Oh BecD
    IM SO SORRY, I really dont know what to say to you to make any of this make you feel better. That is just horrible. I wouldnt know what to do either hun.....it is so expensive and so emotional and everything you have already been through, it just doesnt seem fair.
    All I can say is that I am hear for you and will support you each and every time we speak....Im so sorry hun.

So sorry to hear your news Bec.. I have to agree with your DH, if the clinic isnt giving you results maybe you should try elsewhere.

BecD
    I know this is a really hard time for you, perhaps leave the big decisions for a few days.I wanted to change clinic (i am at hollywood) because of the distance,looked into another where they told me i would have to start back at the beginning with ovulation tracking,the staff were horrible so have decided to stay put and put up with the traveling. Hollywood is a fantastic clinicbut i dont know about for IVF as we are not doing that only OI. You need to be comfortable with the clinic to give it every possiblity of working. We are all here for you hun.

Default Whats the next step

Hi to all.... I m always lurking but rarely posting in here. I have a question I m hoping someone might be able to help me with.

We have already been through one cycle of IVF last year which resulted in the loss of my 2 angels. The drugs effected me, and my relationship with DH dramatically. So much so that I am reluctant to do it again. I am doing this for DH, so it just doesnt make sense to do it at the cost of our relationship. So now i m looking at what other options we might have.

Basically his swimmers dont quite know whether they are freestylers, backstrokers.... most of them are still in the doggy paddle stage. I know I need to find another FS in brissy, and I ve had 2 recommended to me, but after the last one I had I just dont want to go in there without some idea of the what the next step could be that was a little less evasive than ICSI IVF.

Is there a web site that might explain it in basic language or does anyone have a suggestion or thought on what options are available. We are currently doing temping, chinese herbs and acuppunture, but with limited time, age wise, I know we need to step it up further.

Angel Babies sorry but i cant really help as this is all new to me but im sure one of the lovely ladies in this forum will be able to give you some answers.

Well i went in to the clinic today to have my first Pregnyl injection as i hadnt been shown how to mix it all up and it wasnt as bad as what i was expecting. The nurse told me it would sting but it didnt so that was a relief.. So next one due on Friday and then another on Monday! Pregnancy blood test is now booked in for Monday 7th April. The countdown is ON!!!!

yeah Paula yeah......countdown is ON!!!!!

Angel Babies - No More Advice I can offer than expcet the referal to Dr Das he does talk very openly and plainly with me and I feel I can ask him or the Clinic anything.

Paula - Great to see the count down is on Praying for a BFP for you

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast