Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - May 2008

Just wanted to drop in and say HI

Paula how great that your EPU is tomorrow! :goodluck2: Let me know how you find it. Hopefully I won't be too far behind.

Saph, I feel your pain with the Puregon. When I was doing OI, I had constant problems with either over or under stimulating. No 2 months were the same. Do you have PCOS? I do and I think that causes your ovaries to have a mind of their own. Hopefully the lift in dosage will push you along nicely.

TL, WL, Janet and Bindy :goodluck2: to all of you in the TWW.

Smithy GL with your scan on Friday that everything is moving along well.

To Marsha and anyone else I have missed a big HI to you.

As for me, I am still jabbing and sniffing. Can feel some ovary pain and also lower back pain. Still getting headaches most days, but I have a tendancy to get headaches anyhow. We are going away this weekend to my BGF wedding which will be lovely. My DH has organised a 5 star hotel for us to relax in before a big week ahead of us next week.

Janie xxx

Janie
    I too have PCOS, What a pain in the .... Ovaries.
    Last cycle it took 25 days of injecting to get me to trigger. So this time they started me on a higher dose and by friday which is my next scan it will be 18 days of injecting. I have 20 follicles on the left and 15 on the right but only two above 10mm biggest was 13mm on monday. So absolutely bloated for nothing yet. I was reading and being that you are an expert at the whole OI thing did you ever use an agonist to induce a hypogonadtropic state. It recomends this for women with POCS. Higher pregnacny rates. I have no idea what any of this is.

Hi Saph,

I never used an agonist, but I believe that is what Synarel is (which is the nasal spray I am using now on the down reg cycle). I know that when I went for my first scan to check that the pill and synarel had "switched everything off", my ovaries looked the clearest they had in years. I couldn't see that "pearl necklace" effect that PCOS gives your ovaries. And I have responded so much better this month to the Puregon. Admittedly it is double the dose I was on with OI, but it seems that shutting everything down and then starting it again, has its benefits.

Perhaps someone else knows if I am right or not???

GL! Janie xxx

hi all.
    paula: hope your egg collection goes well, lots of big healthy mature ones thanks.
    saph: things can only get better , i had bruise too for nearly a week, hurt too hope you have some better luck.
    janie: hope your pains go away, i had back pain too, still do, but maybe a bit of pampering at the hotel would be nice . hint hint to dh.

i really just want to do the test , it's driving me crazy today, but it has only been 10 days today since trigger and one week since et wed. but i can ignore it. i want to get excited but i can't
    oh well lots of luck to you all. this TWW is so boring!!!
    janet

Thumbs up

I did BT today. Level was 380. looks good to me. Hey I got . yeah after so many tries. It feels great.

I got swollen tummy and diarrhea( I don?t know why, I thought I would get constipated).

T.L & JBM= Waiting for your results. This is the month for u.
    JBM, your symptoms are same as mine. Good luck.
    Marsha = Next is you . I will be watching you. When r you going for next cycle.
    Paula= that?s gr8 news abt ur eggs. Looking forward ur epu.

Thanks for all the ladies for the gr8 support and wishes.

Hi ladies,

I hope it's OK for me to post in here...we are LTTTC and I have been mostly hanging out in the TTCAML thread since my miscarriage, but we are now cycle tracking, doing progesterone pessaries to lengthen my short luteal phase and probably IUI next month. But I am the only one in TTCAML doing all of this and find myself needing to talk to someone about blood test results etc etc.

Since my m/c my cycles have been very erratic, so we decided to see an FS, who suggested cycle tracking to start with becasue there is no obvious reason for the strange cycles. Last month tracking went well, I Oed on day 12, but this month I am on day 16 today and still waiting to O. My E2 levels have been up and down for the last week - so frustrating and very hard on my arms having blood taken every day.

So I was hoping it would be OK to join in here even though we are only "semi-assisted" at this stage?

Congratulations White Lotus!! Thats great news! There has recently been a few BFPs announced in the TWW thread as well. Hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy.

Hi and welcome Megsmum, I'm sure you'll get the understanding and support you need in this thread.

WL well done
    JBM know that testing feeling
    Megans Mum

Hi Everyone,
    Like Megsmum I have been hangin in the TTCAM thread and am unsrure where I should be posting next. We have been TTC for a year and using clomid for the last three cycles. My DP and I are women and are using a known donor. What we know so far is that I do ovulate but have a short luteal phase and low progesterone in the LP. our donor has lots of sperm but low/average motility and high levels of abnormal swimmers. We had our first appointment with FS yesterday and he has recommended IVF with ICSI. Our donor is starting on menevit today and needs to go and see FS and have bloods/chromosome testing etc. I am having an 'egg timer' test to assess ovarian reserve. Donor then gives a few samples of sperm (once he has been on menevit for at least 6 weeks) to be frozen as it has to be quarrantined for 3 months (because he is a donor). After three months he has to be retested for infectious diseases. After all this plus mandatory counselling sessions for us and him we can then start the first IVF cycle. This whole process will take about 6 months before we can start. In the meantime FS has suggested we keep trying ourselves but he has added pregnyl in the LP to the clomid. My head is reeling with so much new info and I have lots of questions/queries etc and thought this would be a good place to start learning more...

Congrats on your BFP WL Fantastic news

Janie/Saph - I also have PCOS and am injecting at the moment. Am only on CD6 today but so far no movement at all in estrogen levels. I'm on 150iu Gonal-F injections, no Synarel. If there is no further movement at my scan/BT on Friday, they will probably lift my dose. Fingers crossed my body works the way that it is meant to.

In our last IVM cycle, it took 12 days of injecting just to get a decent number of follicles around the 7mm mark, so I'm not all that confident...

WL - Congrats dearie. u've been my good buddie here n will truly miss u. seeing my doc dis sat to decide on e next move

TL & JBM - in tww, time jus crawl by....

Saph, Janie, Becd - i got PCOS too....even after ET, there's follicles....shake head
    n dat cause e OHSS

paula - good luck with dat egg catching

megsmum - i started to onli clomid, get a BFP although for a couple of months. BT is jus terrifying for me as i got fine veins, finding 1 is diff. At times gotto change nurses, being poke twice. Bruises r jus to common for me.

Just wanting got drop in and say hi, spread some and cheer you all on especially those that need the extra strength and encouragement.

Congrats to WL on ur BFP - well done honey!!

Megsmum & DrGirl72 - all the best for all the support and answers you need in this thread.

Take care girls.

Thanks for the welcomes ladies I'm feeling a bit better today becaise my clinic rang this afternoon to let me know that I am ovulating today - yay! I start the TWW now using pessaries to hopefully extend my LP. Fingers crossed.

Marsha - I know what you mean about the veins, mine are the same. They are really quite small and move around too apparently The pain doesn't really bother me, but I hate the bruises! At least the weather is cooler here though so I can wear long sleeves, I'd hate to be doing this in the middle of summer!

WL - big congrats on the BFP! All the best for your pregnancy

Hi to everyone else!

Hi everyone,
    I guess a lot of us here have PCOS hence why we are here. But it is nice to know that I am not the only one going through this. So very uncomfortable today can hardly sit because it puts so much pressure on my ovaries. Two more days to next scan and then hopefully i will get to trigger. Although I dont think that will make much difference in the past I have always felt more uncomfortable after ovulation that before,trying to keep up the fluids and sleeping with a hot pack. Thank goodness it is cold.

BecD I have been now injecting for 17 days and last cycle it was 25 before I got to trigger. And all I want is one follicle, not lots. Well off to watch ugly betty. Feel like I am getting DS flu great .

White Lotus Congratulations thats a great result. All the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Welcome to all the new ladies. Hope you stay in here is short and sweet.

Had my EPU yesterday and all went well. Only had a little pain when i woke up from anaesthetic but so far been quite manageable. My numbers arent the best, the managed to take out 3 eggs. One was immature and another didnt fertilise so we only have one litle sucker that has fertilised beautifully. I guess at the end of the day we only need one. So im just praying like crazy now that this one sticks.

Im booked in for ET tomorrow morning. I was a little suprised as i thought we would have to wait for 5 days as i was originally told but the nurse told me that they have now decided to do it tomorrow.

I also started the Crinone last night. Feels a little weird. Ill be on it twice daily till the two boxes run out which i was told will be a few days before preg BT.

Oh and another thing, my preg BT test will be on my two year TTC anniversary.. Could it be a sign??? LOL

Have a great day ladies.

barney Guest

hiya girls well i have my scan tomorrow and cant wait but im feeling sore on the right hand side of tum and in lower back is this normal as i didnt feel any of this the first time i was on 112iu last time and im now on 225iu so maybe its just working this time hey gee i hope so epu bookes for monday at sivf newcastle woohoo.
    best of luk to all you beautiful girls

hi all,
    Wl : still can't believe BFP, congrats again
    Megs mum: hi and welcome see u in TWW thread soon
    Bec: hope ur follicles are growing well
    Saph: did u get flu cause i have got in and very crappy feeling. hope your follicles are growing
    paula: good news about your egg, grow baby grow, see u in tww
    smithy: hope your scan goes well.
    me i feel crappy, got cold, runny nose, feel tired . still bloated but not as bad, big boobs still and counting down in tww that feels like 2 year wait!!
    anyway thats it from me
    janet

Hi Ladies

Paula - I haven't been posting, but have been lurking. Good Luck with transfer tomorrow
    sending lots of to you! I was due to test tomorrow, but couldn't wait so went in today. Had a call from the clinic 1hr ago and it's a BFP for DH and I!!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Hi to everyone, WL congrats on the BFP!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast