Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - November 2006 #2

dream bub Guest

Hi Monnie - thanks for your informative response. That probably explains why my doctor didn't go down that path as I guess on IVF the need for that is bypassed? I really hope Clomid works for you, if there's no sign of any problems with your tubes then the stats are definately on your side.

Either way something in your heart tells you it will happen one day, but if you are anything like me I am sure you want it now & I guess we have to learn to be patient

By the way Ive noticed my spelling in the last few posts has been appalling. I've come to rely on the auto spell check in outlook and now I am starting to realise how lazy I have become!!!!! So I checked this one so its actually readable.

Good Luck - sending you a big storm of

Hi Ladies,
    Wow you guys can talk, although it's probably just been a lot longer than I thought it was since I've been on.
    So busy atm & still without internet at home which is driving me crazy, I really miss you guys.
    I was so thrilled when I logged on & saw that Jane is pregnant!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS, I wish you all the best.
    Megan - was very sorry to hear your news though, you'll get it next time as I'm sure they can help you with short lp.:hugs:
    Hope everyone else is doing well & getting lots of BDing in.
    I have O'd this week so it's been pretty tiring we're giving it a real good go this month, lol.
    Jo

Hi just checking in on all...................

My skin is in overload break out at the mo and ive been going so well..............putting it down to many factors and really cant work out which one it might be

a) started HRT yesterday
    b) started new herbal tonic
    c) just finished af
    d) slept with make up on last night (i know im a shocker and having done this since my wild days partying !!)

Just as every one is making comments that my skin is looking FANTASTIC (not that its ever been really bad but im a bit of a picker.lol

hoping my BFP is just around the corner (and yours too)

Going for a scan on 24/11 to check lining

Also another Q i normaly have the cronine but this time im on the pessaries which ive never had b4 and i read that you need to insert them twice daily. yuck!! and they dont come with an aplicator!!!

Can some one tell me if they have used them b4 and how that got on with them. sorry if im asking for TMI

Thanks

Jo - hope you guys caught that eggie this month.

Loula - Love your Av!

Megan - Lots of hugs. Sending truckloads of BFP vibes for your next cycle.

Big hello to everyone else. hope you are all well. Not a lot happening here with us. AF has left...YAY.. and DH is on nightshift tonight then he is off until Thursday next week. hoping that we can get some BD action happening over then.

Nic

macca27975 Guest

I am so glad that I have read some of the posts, I am a newbie and my husband and I have been trying to start our family for 5 years now. We have recently been told that my DH has a morphology problem and ICSI is the road for us. Before we found this problem we were told that we had an unknown fertility problem, so we have been trying a number of things and in 2003 we conceived on an AIH cycle however 9 weeks in we miscarried.

We are now into day 3 of our first ICSI cycle and I am / we are so nervous. My DH is so supportive and helps where he can. I have been on the Lucrin now for 12 days and started the Puregon (150) 2 days ago, I have my first blood test on Tuesday to see how it is all going and then egg pick up is at the end of the month.

We have our fingers and toes crossed and trying to keep positive and I am so glad that I have found this forum as for me there is nothing better then to talk through this whole process with ladies who have been there or are doing it. So what I am seeking is maybe a support group of others that are doing a similar thing at this time as well.

dream bub Guest

HI Girls,

Just a quick post as I am in the 5th day of my 2ww and felling a bit flat. Was feeling positive but now really not that confident and dont know why - a coping mechanism I am sure.

Having trouble sleeping and really sore boobs, a few slight twinges of abdominal cramps (not AF cramps though). Hoping that they are signs of something. Does anyone know how soon implantation usually occurs after a blast, I've been told about day 8-9? Does this mean if the transfer was on day 5 that the implantation is 3-4 days after the transfer.

Hoping everyone is well and everything is heading in the right direction wherever you are up to?

Is anyone else in the 2WW??

I Know it is very easy to say and oh so hard to but try and keep your chin up Shaz. You are correct....implantation occurs 3 -5 days after a blast implant so they could all be very positive signs...I have my fingers (but sorry not my legs, I need them open for conceiving myself!) crossed that this is your month. I want to see some Christmas mass exodus to the pregnacy ark ok everyone....if I can't be preggas at least the rest of you can!!!!

ETA: Sorry I forgot to say a huge welcome to Macca. Don't take this the wrong way but I hope your stay in this thread is short and sweet and that you soon board the Ark for it's nine month cruise!!
    Last edited by melbel; November 19th, 2006 at 11:29 PM.

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would write down all my stats for the last couple of days.....

I had my egg pick up on Friday and they got 7 mature eggs and a couple that they couldn't use. By Day 1 6 where at the two cell stage, with one not fertilising (using ICSI). Found out this morning Day 3, 1 at morula stage another 3 at 8 cell stage and the others lagging behind. I was so releaved when I got the phone call that they were still alive. Isn't it weird how quickly you get attached to something you have never seen!

Does anyone know if this is a good result? It seems like such a few compared to the numbers I have herd others mention.

Hope everyone is doing well.

macca27975 Guest

Positive vibes & babydust

I don't know if I beleive in signs or maybe it is because I am TTC, but I am finding I am seeing more and more ladies who are expecting. Work, shops, family, friends, it seems like they are every where. I am taking this as a sign for a great chrissy presant for all, who knows what Santa will bring

dream bub - It is hard to stay positive, "what an emotional rollacoaster". Early signs - they say that they can feel like you a getting your AF. Up and down emotions, sore boobs, and abdominal cramps are early signs of both, I have been known to go an get a test, those ones you can do up to 10 days before your AF starts. The waiting game is the hardest I reckon, counting the days and I guess one gets to know there body really well. Fingers and toes crossed for you

melbel - Thank your for the kind welcome. Everyone is so supportive it is great. I hope I too can be a help as you have been for me

Fig - Congrats on your harvest. I reckon more then 1 has to be good. As long as they have 1 or 2 good ones to put back in and then maybe a couple to freeze then you must be in front. This is the step that I seem to think about the most. My Dr tells me they are hoping to harvest between 10-14 and I think this will be great, can't see if happening but it would be great. I talk to friends who have been done this path and some have harvested more then 10 other only 5 and then the wait whilst they go through there stages before transfer back in. Fingers and toes crossed for you too

dream bub Guest

HI All - hope everyone has had a reason to smile today

Macca - Welcome to the forum - I forgot to do that last post. I am new too, just been posting for a couple of weeks. Thanks for your encourgement. The twinges I am having I am pretty sure arent AF on the way as even in the past I never get AF until 3w plus past the transfer ( a week past the blood test). Good in one way as its more likely than any sensations I am having are more likely related to the transfer and to god that its implantation starting to take place. Hope you have good readings from your BT tomorrow....By the way I agree that pregnant ladies are everywhere.

Fig - 7 eggs is good. My first cycle I got 9, with 5 fertilising. I get more now though, but they have increased my dosage of puregon. Dont forget you only need one good one! Are you have a day 5 transfer ???

Melbel - Thanks for your wonderful support. I'm with you - no leg crossing, heres hope it works for you and yo can get on board the boat that I pray to board I am on!!!

Loula - I've used pessaries each cycle as HCG injections can put me over the edge with OHSS. I dont love them, but they do the job! Three a day for me. Make sure you really do lie down for 1/2 hr after you use them to help them absorb. Just wondering though - have you had ur transfer _ i assume not, as your scan to check lining is 24th? usually i dont have the pessaries till after EPU?

Welcome Fig,dreambub,& Macca. Hope your stay in here is a short one.

BDing has finally begun here. DH stayed away from me last night because I had deep heat on and he said I smelt. Suppose that means I will just have to not put any deep heat on myself tonight LOL.

Nic

macca27975 Guest

Hope all are doing well, where ever you are up to in your cycle.

Day 5 BT today. My results from today where basically looking at my Oestrogen, which where 2400, the nurse said at day 5 they should be around 400 or 500, so they have reduced my Puregon to 100 instead of 150, to slows things down a little and then another BT and US on Friday. They said a reading this high can mean either I have lots of little follicles growing or some rather big ones and at this rate if I don't slow down I could over stimulate. I really don't want to over stimulate, would rather nice healthy eggs, really don't want to waste this cycle.

Has anyone been in this situation before, and if so shed some comments from their experience?

Dream bub - thanks for your reply and yes im going for my scan on the 24th to check the lining. i think they told me to start the pessaries two days b4 transfer!! ive always used the gel b4 and so it will be interesting how i get these to work. hope i dont wake up late for work as i really do want to lay down for the 1/2 hr b4!!lol dont want any spillage! Have you also used the gel? will talk to my fs about it as i still have both and there not bloody cheap.

How are all others going?

dream bub Guest

Hey Loula, I started the pessaries 2 day b4 transfer as well. Havent had to b4 so maybe the doc was looking for an xtra boost this time. Havent used the gel b4, I had really good Prog levels last week on 3 a day, my reading was about 350 which is apparenlty xcelnt so they obviously do the job....

Macca - Ive had OHSS (hyper stim) b4 and it was unpleasant - ended up in hospital for a couple of days so if they can avoid it that would be smart. DOnt worry too much though as in a strange way its a good sign as you have a lot of follies, your scan will reveal all. It may be worthwhile the doc admitting u to hospital for observation just overnight it he thinks u may be at risk. My doc now does that as standard, and it takes away any fear & Stops DH from unnecessary worry. Just a thought .... Good Luck for Friday.

Hi there all,

Well I finally have internet at home so hopefully I will be able to get on more often.

Macca - welcome, I don't know how you've managed to stay sane after five years of ttc!
    I really hope that you wont have to wait much longer.

Dream bub - sorry you're feeling a bit down, Iam in the dreaded TWW as well.

Fig - I'm not sure what those results mean but hopefully they are good, hopefully one of the other girls will have some idea.

Nic - stay away from that deep heat, you need to be bding.

Zap, Boo, Megan - how are you?

Well one more week of the tww, I am feeling a bit anxious & I know I am going to be devasted if it doesn't happen this month.

It's my first proper month after my endo was treated so I guess I'm hoping that treatment has fixed my problem of not conceiving but if I'm not pg I guess I'll be pretty upset.

Roll on this next week, I would just rather know either way.
    Jo

Hi everyone, hope all is well

I am officially in the 2ww now. I had my 5 day blastocyst transfer this morning. The little thing had just started to 'hatch' (don't know if that is the right term) in the 10 minutes prior to it being put into me. Sadley none of the rest of the embryos made it as they all started fragmenting.

macca: sorry to here about your oestrogen levels, hopefully the reduction in puregon will bring it back to normal. Do they check you again soon?

nic: thank you for the welcome

DJTTC & dreambub: How are you coping with the 2ww? Have either of you given in early and tested. I don't want to test early but i figure by next week it will be hard not too give in...

dream bub Guest

Hi Girls -

Jo & Fig - So we are going thru the 2WW together? I will add you to my own prayers! hopefully we all have good news soon.
    FIG - you are one week beind me.Today for me is one week since a blast transfer so I will probably do a HPT on Saturday. Doc wants to do the BT next Wednesday, although last time he did it 2 days earlier. I might call in play dumb and say "I think he said to come Monday" .

I dont feel pregnant today?
    Hoping for the best for you girls and all of the rest of the LT TTC girls.
    Take care
    Shaz

macca27975 Guest

all, hope all is going well

Silly question maybe and I guess this is one of those learning things for me, but what does 2ww mean?

dream bub thank you for your support and I agree with you and I should stop worring about it and take it as a good sign too and really, I wont know much till Friday for my Day 8 bt and US. Also please try not to feel to down about not feeling PG, I know it is easier said then done, but you never know and you will be in my tonight, really who knows how one is meant to feel, what does pregnant really feel like??

DJTTC Thank you for your kind words, it really means a lot, but really and to tell the truth, the last 5 years have been nothing but insane. I think I was getting obesest with trying to start my family. I seen many Drs for one reason or another, tried many alternative therapies, consulted a clairvoyant or two, search the internet, tried different sports, cried many many times and even changed my diet, crazy I know. Then one day something must of clicked in my head and I thought that this will happen one day, we have managed to get pregnant before and women have been doing this for years, and I guess I was putting unnecessary stress on myself and DH so back to the Dr for some extra tests and finally these test came back with a reason why things haven't happen as yet and now I feel I have direction and a reason and I am feeling really positive about the whole ICSI process, very nervous and at time anxious, but on the same hand very positive. However I must also admit, that being in this forum has helped with keeping me on the positive side as well.

Fig Fingers and toes crossed for you, my prays are also with you and I hope that this will be the one I will be having another BT on Friday and US so lets hope the oestrogen levels go back to normal and lots of healthy little follicles are forming

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast