Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - November 2006 #2

Hi Ladies

Zap best of luck for you IUI next month. Big Hugs Dream Bub, thinking of you, this is so tough any time let alone when your friends are all getting pregnant.

Well i know i said i wouldn't get an IUI in before xmas, well curiosity got the better of me so i bought an OPK Clearblue Digital, and i am surging and i am going in for an ultrasound and a blood test and hopefully an IUI later today.

I'm impulive like that sometimes, i like to call it spur of the moment, but hmmm, waiting until after christmas when i really havent been doing anything to ttc since august'ish.

I didnt want to waste my few months of enhanced fertility after the HSG thingy, i wont be able to do next month tho because of xmas, but heres hoping i wont have to!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Good on ya, Megan! I reckon it's great that you did this spur-of-the-moment! Some of the very best things happen that way. Good lick for your TWW!

Hi there,

Dreambub - hopefully it's just too early to get a bfp.
    I'm happy for your friend but isn't also a little unfair that some women can just fall pg with hardly a thought at all.
    Yes it would be nice if you could also fall pg & share the experience with her, I will have my for you.

Zap - hope af doesn't arrive this week, fingers crossed your feeling emotional for other reasons.

Twomums - with your IUI.

Well Af definately arrived yesterday & boy what a dissapointment.
    I had been fairly good about bfn in recent months but this month it really hit me, I guess I figured having the endo treated would magically fix everything & I would get a bfp.
    I was feeling really + this month as well, I guess that doesn't work either.

I think too I am really upset because having the endo treated I thought the really bad af pains would go but it's just the same which worries me a little.
    Does this mean some endo was left in or has it come back already, surely not.

The doc said he would like us to wait 3-6 months after lap. to see if we could fall pg which he said I could probably hold out the 6 months because my af would be better but it's not.

I am quite tempted to ring & make an appoinment for January which is only 3 months after lap but I don't think I can put up with af like this for another 6 months (it's running my life) & at this stage I just can't see myself ever falling pg.

I remember this time last year thinking how good it would be to tell everyone at xmas that I was pg & it's not going to happen again this year either, I think we are going to have to start telling people we are having problems because everyone keeps asking when are we going to have kids, little do they know we have been ttc for 18 months.

I'm at myself for feeling so down atm but I really just can't help it.

Sorry guys for hijacking this thread.

Jo

Oh Jo dont be angry at yourself for feeling down, you are allowed to feel what ever you feel whenever you feel it. You've had a big dissapointment after being through the surgery and everything, don't be so hard on yourself. Or your body, it is probably just settling down after having the endo removed. Big Hugs xxx

The IUI is done, when my doc put the speculum in he said all the mechanics look right on for ovulation so at least we are in for the running. So i am officially in the TWW now. Had bloods taken just in case but he said that i am about to pop any minute so there will be some little swimmers waiting to meet my egg hopefully!!

Well ladies i thought i would just pop in and let you know that i/ we are now in the tww!

I cant believe that im finally here at last.

I dont know how often i will be poping in, but will let you asap when i find anything out.

good to hear from you 2mums good luck to everyone

macca27975 Guest

Hi all, a little bit to catch up on and it is great to read all your posts. Hope all are doing well

Megan - Thanks for your support and you are right, I would rather good eggs, then heaps of alright ones. They keep saing all it takes is one!

Two mums - Thanks for the welcome and sorry to hear about your precedure. Sounds like a quick recovery so for a good outcome with your current cycle

dream bub - Sorry to hear the news and please don't beat yourself up with feeling angry and frustrated, totally understandable. You can't help asking the Why's and How comes and feel jealous of those who seem to have no problems. I beleive what doesn't break you makes you stronger but it is OK to feel sorry for yourself and be angry, but then you get back on that horse and try again. I hope you do get a little angel sooner rather then later That is what I love most about this forum, you can vent and there are so many great ladies hear for support. Fantasic!

Update on me: Day 11 BT & US today. Everything is looking good, found 27 follies today, which I was surprised to see, as only seen 17 on Friday. Another BT in the morning and it looks like EPU will be on Thursday. Now a little nervous and I keep thinking what if they pop all the follies and find no eggs, but I am trying to stay positive and think this will be fine, but I guess time will tell

~Jane~ Guest

Loula - good luck, hope the next two weeks fly by for you, sending you lots of

dream bub Guest

Macca, Two Mums, Jo, Fig - Thanks for caring girls. It means a lot.

Lou & Twomums - YAY for being in the TWW. Hope it flys by for you both with exciting news at the end

Jo - So very sorry to hear that you are out this month. Don't feel bad about being down, you have to do it sometimes to stay sane i think.

Racheal - Hoping that you being emotional is some preggie hormones working their way around your body

Big hello to everyone else. Hope you are all well.

Am finally in the TWW. for a BFP this month....again LOL!

Nic

Wow, sounds like there is quite a few of us in the TWW, hope all of us can come out the other side with some very happy news to share

Twomums - reading about your procedure had me cringing! Hope you are doing well.

Jo - my Dr told us the same about waiting 6 months after the lap, but there is no way i could wait that long so we've made an appointment with him tonight, we're coming up to our 4th month after the lap so hoping he'll refer me onto a FS and we can get the ball rolling with whatever else they think might work for us. If he doesn't give me a referal then I'm just going to go back to my GP and get one.

dream bub Guest

Hi Girls,

Not sure if it makes a difference or not that I am on IVF but I had a laparascopy (for endo & PCOS) last year in April and a FET 8 weeks later? Doc didnt seem to be concerned.
    SHAZ

Hey Girls

Dream Bub - Have you POAS today or yesterday? Maybe sunday was too early to do a HPT who knows...

Zap - I agree hopefully its pregnancy hormones making you emotional, don't write this cycle off yet!!

Nic and Boo and Lou - Good luck with the TWW fingers crossed for you all!

Well my doc rang today and i am scheduled for another IUI at 10am today, my bloods came back and my LH was still 77 at lunchtime yesterday, so i did another OPK today and it came back negative so the LH drop is today so ovulation will most likely happen any minute!! He thought a double IUI would give me the best chance for this cycle!! So here we go again, i dont mind tho!!

to everyone else!!

Hi all,

Twomums, Loula & Nic - wishing you guys all the luck in the world for your tww, hopefully it will fly by & you will have some wonderful news at the end of it.

Boo - there is no way that I will be able to wait 6 months, especially with how painful my af is.
    I am just feeling so over this rollercoaster ride, there seems to be way to many downs & not enough ups.
    I guess when we all eventually fall pg we will look back & say it was definately worth it but please let us get there soon.
    I think you should have no trouble gettting a referral, I would just ask straight out for one.
    Did you need to have anything done when you had your lap?

Zap - how are you going, hopefully no sign of af!!!

Jo

Hi Jo - i didn't have anything done in my lap - they couldn't find anything to fix! That's what makes it even harder to take - i guess if we knew what was wrong we'd be able to work on fixing it. My gyno has said to us many times that he's quite happy for us to "wait and see what happens", but like you I'm well and truly over it.
    you get your BFP next time around and you won't have to bother with AF for a while!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning all you lovely ladies.

Firstly it would be about bloody right that there are so many in the TWW when I won't be around to see how many BFPs we're going to get in here!

And that's because this Saturday, I'm off to Singapore for 2 weeks! It'll mean I won't be around to answer questions, give advice, take complaints, or to do any modding at all from the 2nd of Dec to the 18th of Dec.

But as we are now not going to be updating your details on the front page, which the view to removing them completely by the start of the next thread, you guys shouldn't miss me too much.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies and may you all get your hearts' desires this Christmas.

love
    sushee

dream bub Guest

HI Girls -

Two Mums - thanks for hoping for the best for me - however its all over as AF arrived last night so wont even be going for my BT now .
    Strange though coz AF ususally doesnt come for about 17 days after transfer plus I was on 3 progestrone pessaries a day.

Anyway the Doc squeezed me in today and was really great in offering support and hope. I asked him straight up does he really think its going to happen for me and he is very confident it will. He's one of the best in QLD (Dr David Molloy - does anyone know him?) and I do have confidence in him. I had a list of questions as long as my arm today and he patiently answered everything for me. I asked about Metformin - however he didnt want to put me on it. I'd read good things about it & thought that may be my missing link, but apaprenlty not.

Next cycle is #11 so hopefully the lucky one. I wanted to start again straight away (like now!) - but he wouldnt agree as my ovaries have been so overworked in the last cycle - and homrones were sky high. SO now I am on the pill till mid January and I am to start taking LUcrin again 10th Jan. By my estimate I should be ready for EPU again on the 5th Feb next year - it seems so long away and by then I will be one year older! So no possibility of a BFP for about 3 months - god I am so impatient. I thin I am giving myself an anxiety attack:eek:

Anyway will get more positive in the next couple of days, just wallowing in self pity for a bit. Have made an appt with Accupuncturist and Natural Fertility expert and will take the herbs again in preapration for the nxt cycle. Enough about me!

Nic. Loula and Two mums - Good luck to you all. I will be praying that you have the BFP I was looking for.

Well im back and im not holding out much hope for thios cycle.

My temps were up to 37 and now there down to about 36.46 so i dont know whats going on. only time will tell i guess. TF was on Monday and i had a 5 cell and a 3 cell put back. wondering if i should test next week or wait for BT.

I will be in again soon for personals but so so busy at work at the mo and wont b home til after 9ish so i hope to hear good news from you all 2morrow

Love lou

Sushee - have a fantastic time in Singapore, I love Singapore.

Dream Bub - sorry to hear that AF arrived. Is this the first time you've tried acupuncture? I'm in my second month of trying it and have noticed alot of positive changes.

Loula your temp drop is just your body playing tricks on you, I would've thought that 36.46 was still a pretty high temp?

Well we had our appointment last night, he has finally given us the go ahead to take the next step. It turns out that he also works as a FS one day a week at the fertility clinic here so we're going to book in to see him - only thing is he's away until late January so we won't be able to see him until then. He's given us the option of either IUI or IVF but he was more leaning towards IVF but we've got a little time to make our minds up - DH has already pretty much set he's mind on IVF but i'm not so sure - I'm off to do some research to find out more about it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast