Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - November 2006 #2

Macca - Hope the 16th brings you a BFP!!

Nic

Macca - how are you going? Ever since i asked about the OHSS i've been seeing the term pop up every where! (i've been doing a bit of research into what exactly is involved with the IVF process).

Nic - hi again! You know how much i'm hoping for a BFP for you

Loula & Sari - hope the TWW is treating you nicely

Dream bub - I've noticed a lot of little changes since starting acupuncture. I'm supposed to take my herbs 1 hr before or after a meal twice a day, during the week i'm ok beacuse i leave them on top of my computer at work to remind me but i tend to forget all about them on the weekend!

Jo - how are you going? Glad to hear you enjoyed Robbie

macca27975 Guest

boo - it is strange the things you hear or read when you are TTC. It really surprises me how much a really do know about TTC and the female body, but more how much my DH knows. No OHSS for me, well it looked like I was getting some symptoms but feeling 100% after my EPU and glad no OHSS as I have heard it is not fun

nic - thank you for your well wishes and I guess one nevers knows

Hi macca

Thats great that you had at least one to transfer and maybe a couple of spare. For me knowing there was a couple spare made me feel a little better if it all didn't work.

The 2ww is long but you will get there

I got a BFP on Friday. I have everything crossed that you will get the same on the 16th!!

Fig - a huge congratulations to you. gosh your stay wasnt very long at all- please sprinkle some of your babydust on your way to pg thread.lol Huge Congrats again.

Macca - i have everything crossed for you on the 16th and hoping this is the cycle for you honey.do you mind me asking how old you are as i had my first cycle at 23, and have always had two put back in.

Boo - lol im the same with all my herbs and meds - i can be great taking my herbs at work as im in the routine but it all goes to pot when im at home so i can totally relate to you.lol good to hear that your feeling the effects though.

Nic - you look like the same dpo as me, have you tested?

Sari - how are things with you ? so many of us in the TWW !!

Well me as usual im testing every day and i have gone from having 2 lines on OPK and i very faint line on HPT to having nothing at all and as i mentioned in another post my bb are saggy, saggy saggy. pimple also seem to be easing up, i really want this time to work dont know how many more i can keep doing ( but i will of course!) will test again in the morning i think i will be 10 or 11 dpo tomorrow. this wait is killing me and i keep forgetting to take my meds as i mentioned b4

Sending you all my sticky thoughts and prayer
    Last edited by Loula; December 5th, 2006 at 07:04 PM.

Fig - CONGRATS on your BFP!! How exciting!

Lou - No, I haven't tested yet. Was thinking of getting a BPT today when I went shopping, but I have my DD home, sick, so won't be able to get to the shops. Not sure if I want to test or not? Temp rose a little bit this morning, but I have a few little cramps. My face broke out a couple of days ago, but now it seems to be clearing up.
    I also usually have really tender BB's after ovulation, but not his month for some reason.

Will see what tomorrow brings I suppose. Goodluck if you decide to test tomorrow Lou.

Nic

wow nic that all sounds like a promised BFP good luck to you honey

Thanks nic and loula - was a bit of a shock and still to scared to actually believe its going to result in a baby!

I hope everyone gets their BFP's soon.

Well I caved in this arvo and tested...BFN! I know! Should have tested with FMU tomorrow morning. feel so silly for testing this arvo and not waiting. still hoping that it was too early to test (or too late in the day LOL)
    Suppose I will wait and see what my temp is tomorrow.

Nic

macca27975 Guest

Good evening all, hope we are all well.

Fig - Congratuations on your BFP. What a result, what was your secret (hee hee)

loula - I don't mind you asking my age at all, I am 30. I am through Sydney IVF in Canberra and they say that they have this law for under 35's only returning 1 embrio, they said if they would found out they where returning 2 they could be closed, who knows. But they keep saying all you need is one good one.

nic - it is hard not to cave. I have heard of people doing a HPT and receiving a BFN and then later had a blood test and advised that I had a BFP. You can never be to sure with those, how do you know if you are too early or what is true. I know I will be caving closer to the date as well

Sticky vibes and baby dust to you all and I wish Santa will bring a early christmas presant for all otherwise 2007 will having a big baby boom (hee hee)

Nic - i conpletly understand your hopes and fears ( if they are the right words?) I have been testing every day since 7dpo!!!or 5 dp implant .lol and the sad thing is that i did get one very very faint BFP about day 8/9 and now nothing!!! oh well wasnt holding out much hope this cycle anyway. was ment to be having bt on Monday but due to the shift im working wont be able to get there so im going to go Saturday morning. but i'll wait and see how i feel saturday and see if someone can swap shift with me for the Monday. when is your bt due? (also r u doing IVF?) wishing you more luck with FMU

Macca - im so amazed that they only put one in like i said ive had two ever since my first cycle when i was 23!!but your very very right you only need one goodie!!i hope you have that 'one' on board!!

ok ladies that doesnt leave me with much more to say other than come on BFP's

Hi all,
    Hope you are all doing ok.

Fig - a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you on your bfp, all the best.

Nic - I have my fingers crossed sooooooooo tightly for you when you test tomorrow!

Loula - I am hoping that you will still surprise us all with you bt & have a bfp, don't give up yet.

Boo - how's the research going for your appointment?

Well I'm still on a high from the robbie william's concert, it's a nice distraction.
    Figure I will O some time over the weekend so trying to conserve a little energy, lol.
    Jo

Lou - No we aren't doing IVF - or anything at all at the moment. Have been
    ttc #2 for approx 56 months. We had a referral about 2 years ago for the FS. But DH wasn't ready to go through with it. I think he thought it would happen if we just waited a bit longer. He now wants to see the FS, so will work on getting a new referral sometime soon...hopefully.

Jo - When was the concert?

Nic

Macca - I am 30 and went through Sydney IVF in Canberra as well!!! what a conincedance

macca27975 Guest

Fig - that is a great conincedance, hopefully your luck will rub off to me (hee hee)

So to turn things negative and I hope you don't mind, I would like to have a little vent, so I apologise now, but really need to get it off my chest. I am only day 2 in my 2ww and I am already feeling negative about the whole cycle. This morning the clinic called to let me know that not one of my embryos made it to freezing. What is hard about this phone call was we were told that we had 27 folicles, then at EPU we go 17 eggs and of those 10 fertilised on day 1, on day 3 after EPU we had 6 at stage 2 and 4 dragging there heels by a day or two then at ET (day 5), 1 embryo (which was a grade 1) which was transferred and maybe 2 could be frozen. We are happy and greatful to know that we got these numbers, as the situation could of been very different, we know of others (friends) that have had less but we are finding it hard to be told today we have none left . The remaining embroys where given an extra day after ET for further growth so they can be in the best condition to freeze as this can be a very stressful time for the embryo. I understand that day 4 & 5 after EPU are the vital days and they see alot fall away as this is where the do the most growing, but how can that be, how can 1 only be the only 1 or if the 1 that was transferred was left for another day with the others would it be of the same quality, was it doomed before it even went back in??? The clinic said that the transferred one was the best of the bunch and none of the others where in the same condition and that is great to know and I understand that not all concieve on there first cycle and sometimes it may take a few goes but I was hoping the few goes we may have to do could of been a frozen go, a little easier on the body. My DH is frustrated that if it is required I have to go through the whole ICSI process again to maybe come out with same outcome. He is saying the things I was saying back in the early days like "could this be it" or will we be a family of mum and dad and the two dogs" I know you need to think positive cause this cycle may be our positive but I don't know what to think or feel. If anyone has been in the same situation your advise/stories would be greatly appreciated for both me and my DH.

Anyway I will get off my soap box! Thanks for the vent

Hi Macca,

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone!
    We have done 4 fresh cycles - the first 2 were a disaster, but our last 2 (both this year) have been almost identical to yours.
    In April, we had 18 eggs at EPU, 10 fertilised, and then numbers slowly dropped off until by day 5 we had 2 blasts, 2 morulas, and 2 8 cells.
    We had the 2 blasts put back, and they said to forget the 2 8 cells, but wanted to grow the 2 morulas for another 24hrs before deciding on putting them back.
    By the next day they hadn't progressed, and so they didn't bother.
    We had a BFN that cycle.
    Cycle no 2 for this year we've only just finished - my BFN came about a week and a half ago... after again having 18 eggs, and the same thing almost identical to last cycle.
    By the day of transfer, we had the 2 blasts put back, and 1 blast and 1 morula kept for another 24hrs before deciding not to freeze.
    I know how frustrated you are feeling - and both DH and myself have asked the exact same questions to ourselves, all I can offer you is to hang in there!!!
    You just never know, there are ladies out there who get a BFN on a fresh cycle, and then get a pregnancy out of the FET from the same cycle...????!!!! This seems crazy to me, as you would think the best embryos would have gone back in first, but its the frozen ones that end up turning into babies!!!
    We have just been at the stage where we have thought - is this it? We just keep getting the same results, is that all we'll ever get to, but I am just too damn stubborn to stop, and I just know that if I fight for something long enough, it just HAS to eventually come to me!!!
    The power of positive thinking is amazing sometimes... especially at times when you think thats all you've got!
    We have been doing IVF for 4 yrs now, and although we're yet to get the end result, its been amazing how things have changed and improved with the treatment, so I just keep thinking how far ahead they must get with the technology year after year.
    Things can only get better for us - just stay positive, and when its our time - no matter how long it may take and how frustrated we might be - I believe that when we are holding the baby in our arms, we will straight away forget about all of the heartache that got us there!!!!
    Sending much love and positive thoughts to you
    Holly xxx

Hi Ladies

Well i caved in and tested on 9/10dpo and its a negative...I had the first IUI done on monday so if i O'd on monday, today would make it 10dpo...I had the second IUI on tuesday so if i O'd on tuesday it would make it 9dpo...still negative eitherway...

My doc said that if i didnt get my periods after two weeks and two days (wed next week) to do a test then..but i couldn't wait and heaps of other ladies get BFP on day 9 or 10 dpo...why not me? So why wait until until day 14 or 15???

Is it possible to get a BFN right up until you have missed your period???
    Last edited by Megan&Kim; December 7th, 2006 at 06:55 PM.

Hi Ladies
    I know I haven't been around much lately. I think I just needed to lay low for a little while and stop focusing so much on TTC for a minute. On top of that, I have been flat out at work with christmas coming up that I am just exhausted at the end of the day. I can manage to read the thread but can't muster up the energy to post!
    So, I am starting fresh. I have read all the posts but wont do personals at the moment because I'll be here all night!! lol There's a few ladies in the TWW at the moment that I wish all the luck and baby dust in the world!

As for me, I am all booked in and paid up for a FET next cycle. That's if my AF ever arrives. I was expecting her by Sunday which would have been ok to get a cycle in before christmas, but it's 4 days later and she's a no show. So, looks like I have missed out and it will have to wait for january now. I haven't been charting this month so I don't know when I would have O'd or anything, so I'm just playing the waiting game. My cycles have consistently been 26-27 days the last 6 months or so and now I'm sitting here on Day 31. Did anyone else notice their first natural cycle after IVF was not quite right??

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast