Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Sept 2006

Mel, Take absolutely no notice of those inconsiderate people saying mean things to you. If you want a child now then don't wait just because of other people's opinions and expectations. When I found out I was pregnant with my DD we had nothing! We had only just gotten engaged, DH had no intention of marrying me ever, I was 20 he was 22, both living at home with our parents and when I told him I was pregnant he wasn't the most supportive person!.
    I suppose my whole point is, that at that time in our lives we looked like we shouldn't have been parents, but you know what? our daughter was loved as much as any other dearly wanted child, and she was happy and healthy. Just because we did things in the wrong order (My MIL said that LOL) it didn't make us bad parents/people.
    LOL...here we are now, married, have our own house, responsible etc.. and are having trouble TTC #2!

A big hello to everyone else. We have been away for a few days and had to come home early for DH to go to his great aunty's funeral. Will be able to keep up with you all now that I am home (hopefully) Have a great weekend everyone

Nic

~Jane~ Guest

I have an announcement to make......I hate Synarel with a passion

I am paranoid I am doing it wrong, the instructions are what you would expect for putting a cabinet together DIY not sniffing nasel spray. I assume I am doing it right because I feel like [email protected] It's hard to tell if it's that or life in general, you know how when you get depressed it's really tiring. I am thinking of taking a couple of weeks off work around pick up and transfer and just kicking back, does that sound like a "do-able" idea? It would be leave without pay but I am at the point I can't keep going I am too tired.

How is everyone else going, I must apologise that I whinge so much but I guess it is better out than in hey?

Lou and Megan - how are you both going? You will have to tell me how Synarel goes for you both or if I am just imaging things.

I am off to get some lunch, hope everyone else is going well, I'll do some proper personals tonight.

Hi Jano... i didn't use synarel, i had lucrin injections. It didn't cause any problems with me at all.... But don't be suprised if you are feeling like [email protected] on it, as my girlfriend went wild on it... I am sorry to hear hun you are feeling yuk, but try to remember that the IVF is a positive thing... take care of yourself and your heart.... Leis xxx

Oh sorry Mel, i missed your post.. don't take any notice of these morons... they haven't experienced the hardship you have and therefore have NFI of your emotions and mental state, let along your longing for you and DF to be parents. Who cares if you are not married? I am sure your child will be very much surrended by love and affection by you and your partner when it comes into this world, and this can be given whether you are married or not, so i don't see why your friend has such an issue about it.. they need to get a life.!!! Love and Hugs Leis xxx

~Jane~ Guest

thanks Leis, I keep saying to DH, it's going to be worth it and I honestly believe it's worth all this drama. If all the other great strong women around here can cope with it all that's enough for me, it really keeps me going and hanging in there.

Hi Girls

Kim had her U/S and she has 7 follicles already!!! So its full steam ahead, i have had no drugs yet, Kim is sniffing the Synarel and is on 150iu of Gonal F and she is really feeling it!! We go back tomorrow for another U/S and we both have to have blood tests, but Doc is really please with everything and if all goes to plan we will be having EPU on Wednesday and ET on Saturday!! Can't wait!! Because we suppressed kim a little longer on the synarel before starting her FSH the follicles still have a ways to grow, but as it turns out this is excellent news because delaying EPU will give me a chance to catch up and if we have the ET on the Saturday i will be day 15 and will have ovulated so it will be absolutely perfect timing!!! The only drugs i have to have is a HCG injection when kim has her trigger shot (to ensure that i actually do ovulate on time) and then the Crinone every night!!!! So fingers crossed ladies that this is the one!! Thinking of you all xxx

Great news megan... I hope you get some great fert rates and top embies.. love leis xx

Jane, sorry to hear you are feeling awful on the synarel. When did you start?
    I've only got a few free days left as I start it on Tuesday and I'm really not looking forward to it. IKWYM about the instruction sheet. There are certainly alot of steps for what I am sure is supposed to be a straight forward procedure!
    Hope you're feeling better soon. I decided to take a day off work today. I very rarely take time off and was feeling a bit ordinary this morning. I've decided I'm not going to push myself to go to work during this cycle if I don't feel up to it. Just after going on the pill I got thrush and now I think I have a UTI, and I've never had either. Off to the Dr. for me I think!

Megan, all the best for next week! That's such great news that Kim is responding well and has a good number of follies growing!

Sorry for the lack of personals girls. Can't seem to spend long periods on the computer at the moment due to this niggling headache.
    Hope everyone is well and has a great weekend!

Twomums, Megan - fantastic news im so happy for kim and you and your post is sending me positive vibes( i can feel it).

Jane - im sorry your feeling so bad on the spray i start with Megan on Tuesday and am not looking forward to it, im sure that you are soing it right and i wasnt too fusy the first time i used it (didnt do it every 12 hrs only when i remembered and forgot to clean each day then ran it under the tap too long, used an old empty bottle once!ect).but managed to still get it to do its stuff

Leis - hows the planning for the trip coming along im so enveious (sp?) and cant wait to hear all your travel stories. I still think you'll come back pg. I did but ectopic!all that sun and relaxation and walking so good for you. good luck hun

Megan - Im hearing you, I was so unwell at work today, had the worst headach and felt so crappy. dreading the spray on Tuesday but would like to know more about lucrin injections! maybe for next time although i should get this one over with first. I hope the uti comes back ok and are you eating lots of youhort with all that good stuff in it. Maybe you need to slow down on the weat intake and vegimite!

nic - i remember when we had the ectopic we were just back from overseas and staying with my nan in London and her responce was it was just as well as we were not marrid and now we are she thinks it will just happen!Old school but i love her so much and find it funny really, the views that she has, she ment no harm by it but i guess she had to go through that with my mum at 17 and didnt want to relive it with her only grand daughter.

Well where am i up to......... me ............
    feeling very crappy today as i have already said and may be feeling like i am getting into too much... Applyed for a permotion at work and have a interview on 11/10 but it is for a 3 day a week job (am currently working full time but contract says two days) hope i get it but dont want to be feeing stressed over treatment. Theres that harmony thing hitting me again!!!

Would love to have the TWW off work but have no sick and just enough holidays to take at christmas so thats not an option. I may be able to take one or two days but at a very push and may be more strssed about doing that so really have no idea.PLEASE HELP going loopy over this. boss is being very understanding but dont want to push it i am new in the centre although have been with company for 3 years.

Hi to all and will catch up again tomorrow, Have been asleep since 4.30 and going back to bed

xx

Lou... don't stress to much about your work, if they are understanding, i think you will be fine. When i was doing IVF, I actually enjoyed going to work. Everyone was so understanding, and i had told most about what was going on... When i had my embies put in, they were all patting my stomach and talking to them, saying.. 'now we want to see you in 9 months, so make youself cosy in there'... it was really cute of them...

Well hope everyone is doing fine, I am just about to duck off to the local pub and put my CV in, wanting a change from nursing and with the holiday season looming, they are looking for new 'bar maids'... LOL.... love and hugs leis xx

Mel - Leis put it perfectly when she said:
    don't take any notice of these morons... they haven't experienced the hardship you have and therefore have NFI of your emotions and mental state, let along your longing for you and DF to be parents. Who cares if you are not married? I am sure your child will be very much surrended by love and affection by you and your partner when it comes into this world, and this can be given whether you are married or not, so i don't see why your friend has such an issue about it.. they need to get a life.!!!
    ....exactly.

Jano - I havent used Syranel either just the lucrin, but I have heard it is hard to be sure you are taking the right amount (even though you almost always are - Im sure its natural to be worried), and that it tastes bloody awful too. I assume its similar to Lucrin in it making you a bit of a hormonal mess.... try and hang in there and know we are here for venting anytime... but also keep in mind, you are taking steps to getting that baby you so deserve, sweetie I think taking some time off certainly cant hurt, thats for sure.

Megan & Kim - all I can says ladies is GOOD LUCK! It is sound very promising and, well pretty much perfect. I will be sending you tonnes of follie growing vibes, followed by many more tonnes of sticky vibes!

Megan - Firstly I am going to have to call you something different from two mums, I always worry its confusing for you guys! Secondly that is great that you are about to start the Syranel - although it aint gonna be fun - it will be worth it if you get that wonderful result we all strive for and I really really hope you do, sweetheart. All the very best with it!

Leis - how are the holiday plans coming? Getting excited yet??

Lou - I know easier said than done but really try not to stress yourself out. I hope it gets sorted so you are feeling a little more at ease and can focus on looking after yourself through this... hang in there...

Me, well its long and painful so I wont go into too much details, but things are looking bad for us in the TTC dept - recent test that has shown up more problems that we never realised before... but am keeping hopeful whilever there is any glimmer of hope left... DH is away tonight, so I am home alone and thinking I could do with some chocolate!

Keen darling. I read that you were seeing the lovely Dr Sacks. I really hope he can help you with the bad news you have had.
    Sounds like you are having a bit of a feeling sorry for yourself day, like I am. They rang at 1pm to say only one of our 4 embies fertilised. I have no chocolate in the house but I have eaten every other bit of crap I can find. LOL. But I know how lucky I am as I am watching barbie dvds with a gorgeous 4 year old.
    Keen, look after yourself tonight. Get your favourite takeaway, a girlie DVD and some chocolate to help take your mind off the bad stuff that has been happening lately.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen,

I'm sorry your tests have come back showing more problems. Though will Dr Sacks be able to help?

Anney, I'll be praying for your one little emby, matey. It's disappointing, I know.

Keen - im so sorry hun,is there treatment that you can start with the doc's advice to get through and improve your results. im saying this in a very positive way as i know it is hart breaking but at least you know where to go now you have the results. i wish there was with you tonight, you dont have to say anything just to be there.xx

Anney - im so happy for you that you have one embie as that is sometimes all it takes. when is you tf? im thinking of you.

Leis - i know stressing is the last thing i need to do.

Ive just been to see a lady that im having counciling with (not with clinic ) and im feeling much more positive. she too said she can see that its comming. but if i think of the negative then i will not allow the positive to happen. also easier said than done.

Just like when someone tells you not to think of a Elephant eating a lemon...................what are you thinking of?

About work im going to take it easy and voice myself to the other ladies that i work with to step up when i need them (they have told me to just let them know, but i hate asking for help). I will promis myself i will carry on as normal (we'll see. lol) and go with it.

Thanks girls for being there and putting up with me.

~Jane~ Guest

Keen - I am so sorry to hear you have had more bad news, I wish I could do or say something that would make things better for you. Sending you a huge hug.

Lou - glad to hear you are feeling better and that the counselling is helping

Leis - good luck with your CV and job hunt

Megan - ouch UTI and thrush - I would need a day off with that as well

Megan - thinking of you and Kim, got everything crossed for you this cycle

Big hi to everyone, I know I keep missing a few in my personals.

I am relaxing on the couch today, I am tired as I didn't sleep last night (shouldn't have eaten mexican LOL). I still feel a bit blah, I called the nurses today as I have been breakthrough bleeding and cramping but they think it is OK, just need to call if it gets any heavier. I used to always get breakthrough bleeding on the pill so they think it is the same thing again. Good thing I come of the pill on Wed and then it's only one week until my scan.

girls....

Jano - Take care of yourself. You are seeming really flat lately. Big fat hugs to you hun

Keen - I am so sorry to hear of your bad news.. I too, like Jane wish i could do or say something, but words will not heal your anguish... Super sized jumbo hugs for you

Megan - heres to a great result from this cycle

Lou - glad things are slightly improoving!

Sush - gday to you and bubba Charlie, who no doubt is growing fast everyday!

Megan - good luck to you as well sweetie

Me - DH has got his long service approoved at this stage, so we should be flying out for 8 weeks on the 19th of Feb. Man I am going to miss you guys so much...I will be checking in on you from the internet cafes around Europe ...

Took my CV down today, to the local, the manager is best friends with one of my mates from Sydney, so she actually organised it for me (my mate in sydney is currently on her second IVF cycle, first one she got a bub, yes it does work!!!) Just need to get my RCG but I already have RSA, from when i was a hostie with Ansett, as the aircraft were licensesd as such. Other than that, my mother is driving me slightly mad today, as i told her i didn't want to nurse anymore, she is very dissappointed that i now want to be a 'bar maid'..its not like I am going to be a 'topless bar maid'.. God get over it....

big hi and hugs to everyone.. leis xxx

Anney - honey, Im so sorry about your fert results. I know they say you only need one and thats true, but its hard to take when you go through all that you do on a stim cycle to end up with only one chance. :hugs: to you my sweet - I am sending you a virtual box of choccies SO big, they need to be shipped to you! And so many growing vibes for your super strong little emby!
    I am having a feeling sorry for myself time at the moment. I rarely do, but I think it may be best if I post it all in a vent post - rather than bring down anyone in here who is trying to stay on the up....

Leis - your mum will just have to "get over it" - you need to do whatever makes you happy, sweetheart!

Im heading to the vent forum for a post.... just to get it all out IYKWIM?

Hi Girls

Change of plan, Kim and i had a U/S yesterday and i had bloods done and due to my cycle needing to catch up to kims, we will be having trigger shot Tuesday (3rd Oct) night and EPU Thursday (5th Oct) , which means that the ET will be on Monday (9th Oct) when the embryo's will be at day 4, so should see which ones will be on there way to blastocyst by then... Doc says that if in doubt, delaying EPU is always the best plan of action. So imagine the agony of waiting to see how the embryo's go after 4 days!!!!!!!!!! i guess it will still only be a TWW from the 5th Oct tho!! My estogen levels were perfect for CD9 yesterday and so the delay is just to ensure that i ovulate and that my cycle will be just perfect for the transfer!! Also we will be able to pick the best looking embryo to transfer by day 4, then they will go on for another day to be frozen at day 5!! Kim still had 7 maybe 8 follicles there but they are all the same size which is good news doc said!! I have one follicle there a bit smaller than kims hence doc delaying EPU...but at least we know with the trigger shot i will ovulate and my lining should be great!! Only 6 more days until we know how the fert rates go...Kim is starting to freak out wondering if her eggs will even fertilise, after my poor effort...but we cant both have the same problem surely!! Fingers crossed ladies!! Thinking of you all xxx

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast